AI/Machine Learning, Bharat and Bhartiya IT Industry

The Technology & Economic Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to Technological and Economic developments in India. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Re: AI/Machine Learning, Bharat and Bhartiya IT Industry

Post by Vayutuvan »

Crayon. Try that also, @sanman gaaru.
sanman
BRF Oldie

Post by sanman »

Very, very interesting take from Google:

https://www.semianalysis.com/p/google-w ... nd-neither
sanman
BRF Oldie

Post by sanman »

sanman
BRF Oldie

Post by sanman »

Robotics for Pizzerias and Restaurants

As AI takes off, will it radically boost the robotics and low-level service industries?
sanman
BRF Oldie

Post by sanman »

This kind of research is eye-opening:

sanman
BRF Oldie

Post by sanman »

sanman
BRF Oldie

Post by sanman »

sanman
BRF Oldie

Post by sanman »

AI could revolutionize medicine, including cancer diagnosis and treatment:

Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

A very deep conceptual discussion around contemporary AI (mostly based on ChatGPT) between Psychologist and philosopher Jordan Peterson and Brian Roemmele, AI Eigineer and thinker :

(Recommend you listen to this on a long walk.)
sanman
BRF Oldie

Post by sanman »

sanman
BRF Oldie

Post by sanman »

nash
BRFite

Post by nash »

Does anyone here has taken the below course:

https://www.diat.ac.in/wp-content/uploa ... re-B05.pdf

is it worth of spending 29K on it?
S_Madhukar
BRFite

Post by S_Madhukar »

I would recommend to learn ML anything from Andrew Ng’s stable of companies such as Coursera, FourthBrain, DeepLearning.ai etc. otherwise there is a lot on udemy and YouTube. I feel this field moves so fast any degree there is almost obsolete in 5 years…
sanman
BRF Oldie

Post by sanman »

S_Madhukar wrote:I would recommend to learn ML anything from Andrew Ng’s stable of companies such as Coursera, FourthBrain, DeepLearning.ai etc. otherwise there is a lot on udemy and YouTube. I feel this field moves so fast any degree there is almost obsolete in 5 years…
You need to be able to do a lot of self-teaching/self-learning on your own too. As you say, there are so many new things going on, and so many people are now piling into the field that the activity will only increase.

It's also important to note which follow-on industries will be benefiting from AI: robotics, medicine & bioinformatics, etc

I'd imagine that farming in the developed world will see huge productivity increases due to agricultural robotics. Farming/agriculture will be an early winner on the robotics front, since farms are very safe/static environments for robots to operate in, as contrasted with trying to put self-driving cars on busy congested streets.

Medical bioinformatics impact will be huge. Our bodies are built on code, as with all living things. DNA is the ultimate treasure trove of data for AI to analyze. From there will come the ability to cure any and all kinds of medical ailments, increasing human lifespan. We'll even be able to much more effectively harness biology for industrial uses.
Last edited by sanman on 29 May 2023 03:35, edited 1 time in total.
sanman
BRF Oldie

Post by sanman »

Nvidia CEO Jen-Hsun Huang speaks at graduating ceremony at National Taiwan University. Hear his words:

sanman
BRF Oldie

Post by sanman »

sanman
BRF Oldie

Post by sanman »

Speaking of artificially manufactured intelligence, here comes the author of Escape Velocity to weigh in:

The other guest's accent didn't sound Indian (better not to invite undesirables), so I looked him up and it turns out he's originally from Iran (I guess he's the best Pitroda could come up with)
sanman
BRF Oldie

Post by sanman »

sanman
BRF Oldie

Post by sanman »

The Indo-US deals being signed on Modi's current visit to Washington includes cooperation on various cutting-edge areas, including Artificial Intelligence, Quantum Computing, etc.

The Artificial Intelligence part seems fairly straightforward (like the cartoon I just posted above)
Meanwhile, in the Physics thread, I was complaining about the "Quantum" buzzword, wanting to know whether what the substance of it was, or whether it was all just hype. I guess I was pretty ignorant, because some quick Googling shows that this field has been rapidly moving beyond the blackboard and mere science papers, into the real world of practical application and usage, even while the hardware for it is still being developed.

Not only is Quantum Computing rapidly increasing in high-end problem-solving, but it's even now being adapted to AI (ie. Machine Learning)

Here's a really nice primer on Quantum Machine Learning

https://blog.paperspace.com/beginners-g ... -learning/
Jaspreet
BRFite

Post by Jaspreet »

Sanman,
Are you working in this field(AI) fulltime?

(Sorry couldn't send a DM, there was no option)
sanman
BRF Oldie

Post by sanman »

Jaspreet wrote:Sanman,
Are you working in this field(AI) fulltime?

(Sorry couldn't send a DM, there was no option)
Yes, I'm in this field, and like it a lot. It's full of potential. For years now, people have been saying it's "the new electricity" -- that's how important and value-adding it is.

Right now, we're at the dawn of it - just like the dawn of the computing era. But you can recall that at the dawn of the computing era, our computer hardware was far more primitive than it is today. Back then it was done with old-fashioned vacuum tubes, and not modern transistors. Likewise, in the future we'll look back at today's transistors in the dawn of the AI era, and compare them to the primitive vacuum tubes used at the dawn of the computing era. Quantum computing with Qubits is far better suited to high-end Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning than today's transistors are.
At the low end, transistors can outperform quantum computing devices, because the latter are somewhat unreliable and susceptible to noise. But at the high end, quantum devices can easily outperform transistors by ever wider margins, as computing problems get more complex. This is known as the Quantum Advantage.
Last edited by sanman on 23 Jun 2023 11:53, edited 1 time in total.
chaitanya
BRFite

Post by chaitanya »

Hi Sanman,

Do you know what problems in machine learning have a quantum advantage?
sanman
BRF Oldie

Post by sanman »

chaitanya wrote:Hi Sanman,

Do you know what problems in machine learning have a quantum advantage?

Cryptography, factorization, optimization, high-end simulation, machine learning, pattern recognition.
Jaspreet
BRFite

Post by Jaspreet »

Sanman,
Thank you for your response. Very informative.

When I studied AI (which was like 65 million years ago), the approach to tackling AI problems was very different. Since then there has been an explosion of knowledge, even though, as you say, it's still in its infancy. It's quite exciting.

Here's my little contribution to this thread, a talk by my valued class-mate, Dr. Raghav Vadhera:
https://soundcloud.com/emerjairesearch/ ... ilities-in
sanman
BRF Oldie

Post by sanman »

Jaspreet wrote:Sanman,
Thank you for your response. Very informative.

When I studied AI (which was like 65 million years ago), the approach to tackling AI problems was very different. Since then there has been an explosion of knowledge, even though, as you say, it's still in its infancy. It's quite exciting.

Here's my little contribution to this thread, a talk by my valued class-mate, Dr. Raghav Vadhera:
https://soundcloud.com/emerjairesearch/ ... ilities-in
Machine Learning is the application of statistics to data to extract inferences -- that's what is currently being touted as "Artificial Intelligence"

It's precisely because the size of data sets is growing, along with the ability to store and analyze them (ie. scaling up of storage and processing power), that machine learning is becoming increasingly useful.

It's a good way to go these days, because it's very value-adding, especially in an increasingly data-driven world. I'm only in a contract job at a small company right now, but I see the scope for jobs will continue to go up as more applications are developed.
bala
BRF Oldie

Post by bala »

Minister Rajeev Chandrasekhar – From Banning PUBG To Web 3 & AI on a PODCast show..

// He talks about the India stack (how PM Modiji wanted direct payment to bank account) and other topics. 30 nations are interested in the India Stack technology. One area was the funding issue. I think GOI needs to provide a 10x budget for all R&D that includes ISRO, DRDO, BARC, Supercomputing, GTRE, etc. We are still running on shoe string budgets in many areas. Many ex-patriots want to come back and contribute back to India. Getting to #1 economy of the world requires investments now. India is becoming a leading nation right before our eyes.
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

+108 Bala saar!
RoyG
BRF Oldie

Post by RoyG »

Foxconn deal dead.
sanman
BRF Oldie

Post by sanman »

RoyG wrote: 10 Jul 2023 19:13 Foxconn deal dead.
sanman
BRF Oldie

Post by sanman »

sanman
BRF Oldie

Post by sanman »

sanman
BRF Oldie

Post by sanman »

sanman
BRF Oldie

Post by sanman »

Kanoji
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Kanoji »

Indian Television Sees Spurt Of AI-Driven Robotic News Anchors In Multiple Language Channels

https://swarajyamag.com/technology/indi ... e-channels
RoyG
BRF Oldie

Post by RoyG »

Inside SCL.

sanman
BRF Oldie

Post by sanman »

sanman
BRF Oldie

Post by sanman »

sanman
BRF Oldie

Post by sanman »

Garooda
BRFite

Post by Garooda »

Not sure if this was posted but a good start for some of the startups and AI based firms in India.

https://www.afrl.af.mil/News/Article-Di ... -collabor/
The two Indian startups, 114AI, an artificial intelligence firm that builds dual-use software for domain awareness, and 3rd ITECH, India's sole image sensor company, will work in partnership with AFRL’s Space Vehicles Directorate. The CRADA will foster collaborative efforts in cutting-edge technologies, marking a significant milestone in advancing innovation in Earth observation sensors and space domain awareness.
sanman
BRF Oldie

Post by sanman »