AI/Machine Learning, Bharat and Bhartiya IT Industry

The Technology & Economic Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to Technological and Economic developments in India. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
EswarPrakash
BRFite

Re: AI/Machine Learning, Bharat and Bhartiya IT Industry

Post by EswarPrakash »

negi wrote:There are hundreds if not thousands of IoT , AI what not initiatives in India ,tens of them are well funded . Most of them are for profit ventures so joining them is possible via usual means.
Thanks negi. I am looking for not-for-profit citizens IoT initiatives.
ArjunPandit
BRF Oldie

Post by ArjunPandit »

UBji,
See one more real life use case
https://www.livemint.com/technology/tec ... 71455.html
cdbatra
BRFite -Trainee

Post by cdbatra »

mave_tg wrote:Please count me in. I work in ERP consulting and managed services domain and have around 12 years of experience. I have been keenly following developments in AI related areas since last 3 years and believe India has lot of potential to capitalize on this. I operate from US east coast. Jai Hind.
Are you SAP techie??
Sap has lot of things coming up with Leonardo offering.
cdbatra
BRFite -Trainee

Post by cdbatra »

There are many chini videos on YouTube touting AI model training farms like below. This is low tech mass employment opportunity that needs to be tapped by Indian startups.

[youtube]https://youtu.be/GAZ9s2Shzxw[/youtube]
mave_tg
BRFite -Trainee

Post by mave_tg »

cdbatra wrote:
mave_tg wrote:Please count me in. I work in ERP consulting and managed services domain and have around 12 years of experience. I have been keenly following developments in AI related areas since last 3 years and believe India has lot of potential to capitalize on this. I operate from US east coast. Jai Hind.
Are you SAP techie??
Sap has lot of things coming up with Leonardo offering.
In PeopleSoft. It is an Oracle product now
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Any initiatives to solve the water crisis in TN?
Apparently working from rural areas is possible in "EyeTee" companies if the pakistans are dry So there's a validation point, however unfortunate.
5000 workers in 12 companies told to work from home.
Meanwhile the Baboon/Mantris are working very hard to make the best of people's misery
The Chennai Metropolitan Water Supply and Sewerage Board (CMWSSB) has been forced to cancel 74 tenders floated in February after city-based NGO Arappor Iyakkam, alleged 'pre-fixing' and corruption in the issual process. In a reply to the anti-corruption initiative, the Managing Director of CMWSSB stated that all tenders received in connection to the pumping stations project have been cancelled by the competent authority.

The tenders floated were in connection to outsourcing operation and maintenance of metro water pumping stations across Chennai. The closing dates of for these tenders which were to be submitted to the Superintendent engineer at the CMWSSB office was February 26, 27 and 28. Upon receiving complaints of the contract being 'fixed', Arappor Iyakkam conducted a sting operation. A member of the NGO, Zaheer Hussain, posed as a contractor and went with an empty envelope to the office. He then video-recorded 'goondas' outside the Superintendent engineer's office, stopping him and asking him to go to a hotel room in Ashoka Hotel, Egmore to meet a certain Purushothaman who headed the Metro water contractors’ association.

In the clip released in February, Zahreen is seen being stopped outside the office room even as a long line of contractors wait. An older man in white, hands over the phone to him and says that he need to go to Ashoka Hotel to meet 'people' for the contract. On the phone line, Purushothaman then allegedly asked Zahreen to come meet him at the hotel. This was allegedly so that the contractors could bribe the association head for the tender.
When TNM contacted Puroshathaman, he denied any involvement in 'fixing' the contracts for the project.

"How is it possible for me to even interfere in this tender process where so many other contractors are involved. These allegations are false," he says. But when asked if he was at the Ashoka Hotel at that time, he does not deny it. "Yes, after going to the office I went to the hotel for about 20 minutes," he adds.

In addition to this, the older man in the video at the CMWSSB office alleges, "This is all going through the Minister (rural and municipal administration S P Velumani)." {Surely as pure as the white worn by his agints, we are sure.}

Another man in the video also alleges that the Minister's PA was waiting at the hotel too.
Writing to CMWSSB after the video was shot, Arappor Iyakkam alleged, "It was very shocking to see outsiders in such huge numbers stationed outside the room where tenders need to be submitted and threatening bidders inside the Metro Water office itself and preventing them from bidding. All this happening in the office is not feasible without the support and knowledge of Government officials. This clearly points to pre fixing of tenders by public authorities in collusion with select contractors. "
The NGO further alleged that their member was informed of the Minister's involvement in fixing of all contracts and asked that it be investigated.
"The above anti-competitive behaviour of the Metro Water and the goondas in its head office is fundamentally against the laws of the land namely TN Tender Transparency Act, Prevention of Corruption Act and Competition Act," said the letter sent to the CMWSSB.
In connection to this, Arappor Iyakkam demanded that all 74 tenders be cancelled, an inquiry be held against those involved and an end-to-end online system be created to submit tenders.
"After sending the letter, we have been following up through RTIs for three months. They have now replied saying the tenders will be cancelled," says Jayaram Venkatesan, convenor of Arappor Iyyakkam.
However, no formal inquiry seems to have been initiated by the water board. The association head Purushothaman told TNM that he is yet receive any call or notice for clarification of his role in the matter.
"These tenders directly affect how the pumping stations are maintained and this in turn determines the water that goes back into our fresh water bodies like lakes," says Jayaram. "In an audit we conducted in 2016, we found that these stations are understaffed and in order to save electricity and man power they allow untreated sewage back into water bodies. This is all a consequence of corruption in the tender process. The contractors pay money to get the tender and are then not held accountable for the work they do."
China would execute the garbage that is stupid enough to be caught doing this at such a time.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

And as usual, Their Honners step in: apaprently their pakistans dry too.
Madras High Court has directed the Tamil Nadu government to file by Monday, June 17, an affidavit with steps it has taken to provide water to the people of Chennai.
EZ!! The Guvrmand is bringing rain on June 17 per weather forecast. How much better can it get, hain?

HC also questioned the government on the status of the desalination plants construction along the East Coast Road and other places.

They should probably ask the Watchman standing at the doors of the Westin Chennai about that - if they want to know, per the item above.
The state government Tuesday appealed to the Centre for assistance, requesting over Rs 5,000 crore for drought-relief work in the state. {4000 crore to be distributed via the Westin, 1000 crore via Leela Hotel} This included rain-water harvesting schemes, sinking of new borewells, desilting of open wells, rejuvenation of water supply schemes and funds for its desalination plants, reported PTI.
The state is likely to receive rainfall from the southwest monsoon, but relies on the northeast monsoon for its water.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Desalination Plant claims
Drought-proofed Chennai
100MLD capacity Seawater Desalination Plant on Engineering, Procurement and Contract (EPC) basis.
100 MLD SWRO Desalination plant at Nemmeli" at a cost of Rs.914.42 Crore with GOI grant of Rs.871.24 Crore and Rs.43.18 Crore from Go TN.
M/s.VA Tech Wabag Ltd., Chennai in consortium with IDE Technologies, Israel" Plant was commissioned in February 2013.
(II) INFRASTRUCTURE FOR TRANSMISSION OF WATER FROM DESALINATION PLANT AT NEMMELI TO CITY DISTRIBUTION NETWORK.
To convey the product water from the Desalination Plant to the Chennai City's water distribution network, CMWSS Board developed the infrastructure facilities at an estimated cost of Rs.145.61 Crores including Operation & Maintenance for a period of 7 years.
The project envisages two stage pumping at plant site and at various intermediate Water Distribution Station in Akkarai, Velachery, Pallipattu and Tiruvanmiyur to convey the product water from Nemmeli to the Chennai City. About 10 lakh people are being benefitted by this project.
IOW the plant is desalinating away, but is the water reaching? yet? 7-year maintenance contract about to expire.

Maybe into tanker trucks to sell at good prices? Going by "Veernanm Project" of yore, huge sections of concrete piping will be lying around the roadsides for a few decades.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

And as HC ordered, Thunderstorms south of Tambaram!
Wonder if rainwater harvesting on car roofs works, given the traffic jollies.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

I have a pooch regarding the vaunted Bharatiya IT industry.
There is that other IT (Income tax dept) which uses the Best of Indian IT. The ITR- forms that use Java. What an idea! If it works, it automatically downloads all of the user's info from the tax site, and autofills nearly everything such as TDS info. All that one has to do is to fill in the income boxes and one is done.

BUT.. the catch is "If it works". It does not work with current versions of JAVA. Instead it has to use something like Java v. 8 where Java is now up to 12!!! So to use this wonder software one has to compromise security and go download and install a far-outdated version of Java!!! This was the same last year, so clearly there is no learning at work. It is deliberate sabotage, isn't it?

WHY does the government accept such biss-poor quality from these IT companies? Baboon are bribed by the companies to close their eyes, aren't they? Which crooked manager at the IT company releases this to the Indian government for something as important as filing Income taxes?
Are there lampposts in Bengaluru I wonder.
vimal
BRFite

Post by vimal »

^^ Boss that is still better than using ActiveX controls they used to embed in their pages.
I have a theory that desi IT companies see sarkari projects as lowest revenue generating projects. They have the least experience and lowest paid employees working on these and the quality of the deliverable shows in a very visible manner. Also, our babus have zero IT-vity skills and in general user experience is akin to someone making a Google Doodle.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

I think it needs to be exposed. This contract is probably not to Laloo's CattleFeed and Software Pvt Ltd, but to one of the Big IT Companies of India. Their biss-boor quality and sheer criminality is on display for all taxpayers to experience, and it should be exposed. I would like to hear the explanation from the Big Billionaires on how this pathetic implementation continues year after year, under their "leadership".

Yes, I agree with the thing you say above, it is exactly the reasoning adopted by criminal to decide their behavior. It is based on the assurance that if their conduct is detected there will be absolutely no risk of punishment. So the only way to expose it is for taxpayers to be alerted.

Note that employees of the companies that did NOT win the govt contract, also know this very well if they have any competence at all, and are honest enough to fill tax forms. So why have THEY not complained to the govt? All it takes is a tweet, hain?

The trouble as you know, is that this is the same scam as (used to?) operate in Indian Customs. Even for harassed air passengers forced to come there to pick up delayed baggage, eating 2 days from scan vacations to travel back to the airport, they make their forms so terrible, by having several inconsistent questions there. Then some Babu makes a few gross errors. Then they harass customers and ask: "WHYfor u r not yoojing an AGINT to do this?" (Because if u use an agint who hangs around there, their backdoor baksheesh scheme cuts in). I am not saying the specific Income Tax ppl are crooks here, but their Big Baboon are certainly not paying attention to complaints if this continues every year. The Customer Service ppl are very aware: last year they called and asked me "Which version of Java r u using?" It took me a while to realize that they were not asking if I had the latest, but to go back and load the old version! He also said: "The accountants are able to run this with no problem!"

Someone else said:
We keep one computer in the office that has the oldest software, and we never update it. That is the only way to fill in Govt. Tenders and other forms.
"Indian Quality, 2019". Oh yeah, v r having Artifical Intelligence onlee! Don't you see, these sort of sh1ts hurt us all?

Note that the govt is trying VERY hard to serve people: What other nation provides such sophisticated tax-filing software FREE? It's India's vaunted IT companies that are the sh1ts, sorry if I offend the numerous honest workers thereof that frequent BRF. Maybe you should slide this under the door of your crooked bosses with a middle finger salute sketched in?

Why do you think they will be any more honest in medical, military or other life-critical apps? Those are also sarkari contracts onlee, hain?
ArjunPandit
BRF Oldie

Post by ArjunPandit »

one question ot the resident aero gurus, wouldnt cruise missile style terrain mapping work, with modification of course, in this case (terrain mapping for IAF transport planes operating in NE) as well? Not sure if something from b'mos or nirbhay can be taken here and applied at least on fixed routes that IAF takes most of the times. Stopping flights is the easiest way. Wonder if IAF/DRDO/academia and working on something on this.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

If the engines fail over mountains, there is not much hope of finding an emergency landing spot. If something worse happens and control is lost, all the terrain mapping will do no good. Only hope I know is to provide very large parafoils on all planes to enable very low-speed glide that makes the crash survivable at impact. Still if you hit a cliff and the parafoil deflates and u fall down 300 meters, it is all over. But there should be some way to transmit location quicker and more reliably, than requiring several days of searching.
ArjunPandit
BRF Oldie

Post by ArjunPandit »

agreed UBji, esp the first part.
For the control lost, I am curious if there can be an autopilot or control law kind of set up that maps with terrain based on GPS or onboard basic radar that tracks/maps the terrain and prevents planes from going into collision course.
Regarding location beacon, cant sat phones provide the gps location? I am quite sure over such solutions including their R&D cost would be way more effective than the losses of assets (people + platforms).
If not anything some idle students can be put to test weather + platform, + navigation mechanism
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

From what I have heard from IAF pilots (ha!) it is hard to avoid flying in proximity to the mountains. Combine the high density-altitude in summer with the geometric altitudes, and the standard missions of these planes, which is to supply places that have few roads, and you see that they spend much of their time pretty close to the ridge tops and peaks under the best of conditions. Approach to many destinations requires flying through canyons or skimming high ridges, no escape from that. And these are not exactly sports-cars, hain? I used to think about this ever since I saw "Aradhana" or whatever the heck that movie was called, where Rajesh Khanna stayed out in the rain too long ( :oops: :oops: :roll: ) day b4 he had to fly a long mission and was never heard from again. No solution until Brar-Ji's VTOL cellphone booth gets a lot bigger and can operate at 35000 feet density altitude. If you want something to test your nav program, try planning a low-level strike mission from Srinagar etc (or northernmost air base, maybe Leh) to take out the F-16s parked at Skardu. U'll c what I mean: this something that (presumably) ppl train for every day. Now if u are a transport a/c coming in to Skardu, you have to fly through the same canyons, except far slower and flatter trajectory and buffeted by winds. You need the things that the Xylons used to fly in "Fourth of July, Independence Day", with AI navigation and very high-speed computing.
NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

You can load a craft with all the instruments you want, but, if at any moment a pilot loses situational awareness, then the chances of a crash increase dramatically. Making an error while on a treetop flight by itself is a challenge. If one is guessing at that point it becomes that much more dangerous.

I thought the IAF's C-130's are loaded with all sorts of gizmos - to land at odd sites, in all weather, day/night. ???????
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

IMO the best use of AI in these applications is to take the humans out of the aircraft for 90% of the missions such as routine re-supply. Why can't a computer fly these missions?
NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

Rotary winged? Possible.

Fixed winged? Dunno. A very benign landing strip is, as it is, challenging. I suspect it can be done, but I think the craft will be fairly small. Not the size of an AN-32. And, used only for supplies, no humans aboard.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Rotary wing is far more challenging than fixed-wing. From what I hear, all the really smooth landings of airliners are because they are on full automatic landings, while the bumpy ones are the pilots getting in their mandatory x manual landings per month. That's with several hundred dummies on board.
I think one just flies the route on flight sim 5 or 10 times in different weather, to program the thing. Then it has to deal with things that are outside the programmed experience using AI. Or by calling ground control. Funny if the AI "pilot" calls ground control and the ground AI responds.
Fixed wing is slow: you can fly the thing from the ground by video. Telepresence.
NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

"Full automatic landing":

1) It is based on ILS. No ILS, no automated system. That beam goes out a long distance. One can catch an ORD ILS (27 and 28) way over MI
2) ILS requires a straight line of sight. Cannot really go through valleys, etc. Unless they have some new techs that I am not aware of

3) Take a peek at I FLEW A HELICOPTER, AND THEN THE HELICOPTER FLEW ME

Will send a URL to UBNN sometime. The issue is not tech, it is Human-Machine Interface (HMI). The automated system you mention has been through many cycles to gain a human's confidence. ................................Until the MAX!!!! It is reboot time.
vimal
BRFite

Post by vimal »

Did not know that Cognizant is into this business also.

At Facebook’s worst-performing content moderation site in North America, one contractor has died, and others say they fear for their lives

https://www.theverge.com/2019/6/19/1868 ... zant-tampa

Facebook’s content moderation site in Tampa, FL, which is operated by the professional services firm Cognizant, is its lowest-performing site in North America. It has never consistently enforced Facebook’s policies with 98 percent accuracy, as stipulated in Cognizant’s contract.
For the first time, three former Facebook moderators in North America are breaking their nondisclosure agreements and going on the record to discuss working conditions on the site.
A Facebook content moderator working for Cognizant in Tampa had a heart attack at his desk and died last year. Senior management initially discouraged employees from discussing the incident, for fear it would hurt productivity.
Tampa workers have filed two sexual harassment cases against coworkers since April. They are now before the US Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.
Facilities at the Tampa site are often filthy, with workers reporting that the office’s only bathroom has repeatedly been found smeared with feces and menstrual blood.
Workers have also found pubic hair and fingernails at their desks, along with other bodily waste.
Verbal and physical fights at the office are common. So are reports of theft.
The Phoenix site has been dealing with an infestation of bed bugs for the past three months.
Facebook says it will conduct an audit of its partner sites and make other changes to promote the well-being of its contractors. It said it would consider making more moderators full-time employees in the future, and hopes to someday provide counseling for moderators after they leave.
NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

For the Arduino crowd, here is a $14.99 board with TensorFlow Lite.

SparkFun Edge Development Board - Apollo3 Blue

Edge computing is here! You've probably heard of this latest entry to the long lineage of tech buzzwords like "IoT," "LoRa," and "cloud" before it, but what is “the edge” and why does it matter? The cloud is impressively powerful but all-the-time connection requires power and connectivity that may not be available. Edge computing handles discrete tasks such as determining if someone said "yes" and responds accordingly. The audio analysis is done at the edge rather than on the web. This dramatically reduces costs and complexity while limiting potential data privacy leaks.

In collaboration with Google and Ambiq, SparkFun's Edge Development Board is based around the newest edge technology and is perfect for getting your feet wet with voice and even gesture recognition without relying on the distant services of other companies. The truly special feature is in the utilization of Ambiq Micro's latest Apollo3 Blue microcontroller, whose ultra-efficient ARM Cortex-M4F 48MHz (with 96MHz burst mode) processor, is spec’d to run TensorFlow Lite using only 6uA/MHz. The SparkFun Edge board currently measures ~1.6mA@3V and 48MHz and can run solely on a CR2032 coin cell battery for up to 10 days. Apollo3 Blue sports all the cutting edge features expected of modern microcontrollers including six configurable I2C/SPI masters, two UARTs, one I2C/SPI slave, a 15-channel 14-bit ADC, and a dedicated Bluetooth processor that supports BLE5. On top of all that the Apollo3 Blue has 1MB of flash and 384KB of SRAM memory - plenty for the vast majority of applications.

On the Edge you'll have built-in access to sensors, Bluetooth, I2C expansion, and GPIO inputs/outputs. To support edge computing cases like voice recognition the Edge board features two MEMS microphones, an ST LIS2DH12 3-axis accelerometer on its own I2C bus, and a connector to interface to an OV7670 camera (sold separately & functionality coming soon). As TensorFlow updates their algorithms more and more features will open up for the SparkFun Edge. An onboard Bluetooth antenna gives the Edge out-of-the-box connectivity. Also available on the board is a Qwiic connector to add I2C sensors/devices, four LEDs, and four GPIO pins. To boast the low-power capabilities of the board we've outfitted it with battery operation from the CR2032 coin cell holder. Programming the board is taken care of with an external USB-serial adapter like the Serial Basic Breakout via a serial bootloader, but for more advanced users we've also made available the JTAG programming and debugger port.

As a brave explorer of this new technology, you'll have to use some advanced concepts but don't worry. Between Ambiq Micro's Software Development Kit and our SDK Setup Guide you'll have access to plenty of examples to begin working with your hardware.

Now get out there and make something amazing with the latest machine learning technology at your very own fingertips
Microcontroller

32-bit ARM Cortex-M4F processor with Direct Memory Access
48MHz CPU clock, 96MHz with TurboSPOT™
Extremely low-power usage: 6uA/MHz
1MB Flash
384KB SRAM
Dedicated Bluetooth processor with BLE 5
Onboard

ST LIS2DH12 3-axis accelerometer
2x MEMS microphones with operational amplifier
OV7670 camera connector
Qwiic connector
4 x GPIO connections
4 x user LEDs
1 x user button
FTDI-style serial header for programming
Bluetooth antenna
CR2032 coin cell holder for battery operation
What It Does

High processing to current consumption ratio enables machine learning applications on the 'Edge' of networks, without the need for a central computer or web connection.
Voice, gesture, or image recognition possible with TensorFlow Lite. (Note: Voice examples are provided. Gesture and image examples hope to be released by TensorFlow soon)
General

1.8V - 3.6V supply voltage range
Small 1.6in x 1.6in x 0.35in (40.6mm x 40.6mm x 8.9mm) form factor
NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

BTW, that Nvidia, Jetson Nano, Dev version for $99.00 is pretty neat stuff. Comes out-of-the-box with Ubuntu, TensorFlow and code for image processing, among other things. 640 GPUs to boot. Fits in the palm of a hand.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

If I were PIC (Paki In Charge) at Skardu, I would set up 2 ILS beam-sets. One to guide PAF planes in, handing off from one turn in the canyons to another. Another to make intruders fly into the cliffs. Chankian!
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

NRao wrote:BTW, that Nvidia, Jetson Nano, Dev version for $99.00 is pretty neat stuff. Comes out-of-the-box with Ubuntu, TensorFlow and code for image processing, among other things. 640 GPUs to boot. Fits in the palm of a hand.
Based on these how hard it is to put together some security device that can compare images of people and identify a suspect who is not allowed into a building. Also find the license plate of vehicles and see if that vehicle can be identified via vehicle registered to someone not known.

can be pretty useful for securing bases in sensitive areas. can be cheap enough and use everywhere. can also be connected to other devices via internet to see pattern.
NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

vijayk wrote:
NRao wrote:BTW, that Nvidia, Jetson Nano, Dev version for $99.00 is pretty neat stuff. Comes out-of-the-box with Ubuntu, TensorFlow and code for image processing, among other things. 640 GPUs to boot. Fits in the palm of a hand.
Based on these how hard it is to put together some security device that can compare images of people and identify a suspect who is not allowed into a building. Also find the license plate of vehicles and see if that vehicle can be identified via vehicle registered to someone not known.

can be pretty useful for securing bases in sensitive areas. can be cheap enough and use everywhere. can also be connected to other devices via internet to see pattern.
Both these aspects of image processing (face recognition and auto/car number plate) have been in existence for decades now. China uses face recognition as a national policy and Karachi International has been wired for weeding out the jihadis ever since 9/11. It is a very sophisticated technology - can detect based on just eye browse, etc.

Auto-number plate ID is widely used at toll booths across the world. And, the local police (at least in the US) have access to the same technology. While they check your speed - they can ID a stolen car - if the plate has been reported (there are jurisdiction issues, but that is a legal, not a tech matter). This tech can also ID a handmade plate.

What the Jetson Nano provides is a single-point circuit board card, in that small package, at a tinkerer's price point. As late as a year or so ago, one had to buy a laptop with Nvidia video board, download an IDE, download TensorFlow, google for code for image processing, adapt the code for your use, debug the code, .................. All for $1500.00+. Then hope everything works. Here besides what I posted, you need a display/monitor, a 16 GB micro SD card, a mouse, and a keyboard (a camera?). And, of you go.

This $99.00 Jetson Nano is meant only for development. The one for production is more expensive.
jaysimha
BRFite

Post by jaysimha »

http://www.msruas.ac.in/pdf_files/Annou ... rkshop.pdf
Workshop on advanced machine learning
23rd and 24th august
Ramaiah University of applied Sciences
Peenya Bangalore
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

Artificial Intelligence Set Loose On Old Scientific Papers Discovers Something Humans Missed
https://www.iflscience.com/technology/a ... ns-missed/
By giving the program a little training, the researchers were able to produce an AI that could associate words with their meanings and extrapolate connections to other concepts. For example, it was able to group elements in the periodic table without learning what it looks like.

The team's main focus was on thermoelectric materials, an area studied for decades by materials scientists. Thermoelectric materials can convert heat into electricity so they are quite important. However, to be successful, they also need to be efficient, safe, common, and easy to produce.

Based on the literature it analyzed, the AI was able to determine which material has the best thermoelectric properties. But it did something even more extraordinary. When fed abstracts published up to the year 2008, Word2vec was able to predict materials that appear in later studies.
vasu raya
BRFite

Post by vasu raya »

For people who are far along the AI curve, create browser addons, even for twitter, whats app, disqus and other SM platforms where in pictures shown on social media are annotated on the fly, to check their veracity, like language translation is done. That deflates false propaganda quite a bit instead of noisy SM wars

I believe GOI has the heft to deal with these SM platforms to incorporate these features if they want to operate in India. The curated media database used for referencing the pictures can be maintained in the country as well.
rgosain
BRFite

Post by rgosain »

vasu raya wrote:For people who are far along the AI curve, create browser addons, even for twitter, whats app, disqus and other SM platforms where in pictures shown on social media are annotated on the fly, to check their veracity, like language translation is done. That deflates false propaganda quite a bit instead of noisy SM wars

I believe GOI has the heft to deal with these SM platforms to incorporate these features if they want to operate in India. The curated media database used for referencing the pictures can be maintained in the country as well.
Lovely idea..would appreciate any help, pointers to getting started in ML for a novice python user. Would i have to use something like Anaconda
gunnvant
BRFite -Trainee

Post by gunnvant »

I came across some interesting dev boards that can do ml inference (YOLO, object detection), these low cost embedded devices consume very little power:
https://www.seeedstudio.com/Sipeed-MAix ... -2872.html

This one is for audio processing :
https://www.espressif.com/en/products/h ... sp32-lyrat

These Chinese boards are really cheap and available for enthusiast projects.
Also I can see a lot of Chinese efforts with RISC V architecture. The first chip actually uses a 28nm kendryte SOC which uses RISC V. You can see that barring the Shakti processor effort at IITM, there is no other India effort. See the list of RISC V cores here https://riscv.org/risc-v-cores/

The next wave of ML based products would be based on hardware very similar to what kendryte soc offers. We need hardware ecosystem in desh.
NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

New AI programming language goes beyond deep learning
A team of MIT researchers is making it easier for novices to get their feet wet with artificial intelligence, while also helping experts advance the field.

In a paper presented at the Programming Language Design and Implementation conference this week, the researchers describe a novel probabilistic-programming system named “Gen.” Users write models and algorithms from multiple fields where AI techniques are applied — such as computer vision, robotics, and statistics — without having to deal with equations or manually write high-performance code. Gen also lets expert researchers write sophisticated models and inference algorithms — used for prediction tasks — that were previously infeasible.

NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

Gen :: A general-purpose probabilistic programming system with programmable inference.
Probabilistic modeling and inference are core tools in diverse fields including statistics, machine learning, computer vision, cognitive science, robotics, natural language processing, and artificial intelligence. To meet the functional requirements of applications, practitioners use a broad range of modeling techniques and approximate inference algorithms. However, implementing inference algorithms is often difficult and error prone. Gen simplifies the use of probabilistic modeling and inference, by providing modeling languages in which users express models, and high-level programming constructs that automate aspects of inference.

Like some probabilistic programming research languages, Gen includes universal modeling languages that can represent any model, including models with stochastic structure, discrete and continuous random variables, and simulators. However, Gen is distinguished by the flexibility that it affords to users for customizing their inference algorithm. It is possible to use built-in algorithms that require only a couple lines of code, as well as develop custom algorithms that are more able to meet scalability and efficiency requirements.

Gen’s flexible modeling and inference programming capabilities unify symbolic, neural, probabilistic, and simulation-based approaches to modeling and inference, including causal modeling, symbolic programming, deep learning, hierarchical Bayesian modeling, graphics and physics engines, and planning and reinforcement learning.

Gen is a package for the Julia programming language. Gen consists of multiple modeling languages that are implemented as DSLs in Julia and a Julia library for inference programming.
Getting Started
Warning: Gen is rapidly evolving pre-alpha research software.

Using Julia package manager
First, download Julia 1.0 or later.

The, install the Gen package with the Julia package manager. From the Julia REPL, type ] to enter the Pkg REPL mode and then run:

pkg> add https://github.com/probcomp/Gen
Supratik
BRF Oldie

Post by Supratik »

India's first artificial intelligence shopping store. This technology is becoming very popular in developed countries. In the next 20-30 years most routine human work are going to be done by robots. It means lesser and lesser people will be required to do such routine jobs. One more reason why India should think of stricter population control measures.

https://youtu.be/mz1GN1nnOrQ
ArjunPandit
BRF Oldie

Post by ArjunPandit »

sir the link doesnt open..is it due to access in Uni as it is acm link..
ArjunPandit
BRF Oldie

Post by ArjunPandit »

rgosain wrote: Lovely idea..would appreciate any help, pointers to getting started in ML for a novice python user. Would i have to use something like Anaconda
1. i find python based system quite good..a wide range of libraries and support/community. You can use anaconda/spyder. I prefer spyder for its slick interface.
2. which are of ai you're beginning with?
ArjunPandit
BRF Oldie

Post by ArjunPandit »

vasu raya wrote:For people who are far along the AI curve, create browser addons, even for twitter, whats app, disqus and other SM platforms where in pictures shown on social media are annotated on the fly, to check their veracity, like language translation is done. That deflates false propaganda quite a bit instead of noisy SM wars

there are eforts by these firms (FB/WA) on this side. However, i doubt they'll give direct access that can run on a real time basis. Although I have seen twitter bots doing some stuff but that is being restricted progressively.
NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

ArjunPandit wrote:
sir the link doesnt open..is it due to access in Uni as it is acm link..
https://dspace.mit.edu/bitstream/handle ... 18-020.pdf