Jaipur Blasts

satyarthi
BRFite

Jaipur Blasts

Post by satyarthi »

Major blasts in Jaipur
JAIPUR: Five serial blasts occurred in a crowded market in Jaipur. The blasts occurred in the walled city area in Jaipur.

The blasts occurred at 7:35 pm on Tuesday evening.
satyarthi
BRFite

Post by satyarthi »

Five blasts rock Jaipur, 6 killed
Jaipur, May 13: Five major blasts ripped through the Pink city on Tuesday evening killing six and injuring 20 people. The exact number of casualty is known yet but is expected to mount.

All the blasts have occured in the crowded walled city of Jaipur which is a market area and this is the peak shopping season in the region.
satyarthi
BRFite

Post by satyarthi »

http://www.rediff.com/news/2008/may/13rajblast.htm
Four major blasts rocked Jaipur city on Tuesday.

According to television reports, the blasts went off around 1935 hours IST near the Manik Chowk Police Station area.

There is no information on casualties as yet.

More details are awaited.
satyarthi
BRFite

Post by satyarthi »

Five blasts in thickly populated areas have rocked the the Pink city, says military intelligence, according to TV reports.

The Old Jaipur areas where the blasts have taken place are - Hawa Mahal, Johri Bazar and Sanganeri Gate.
Serial blasts rock Jaipur, TV reports
satyarthi
BRFite

Post by satyarthi »

http://www.zeenews.com/articles.asp?aid=442850&sid=REG
aipur, May 13: Six persons have reportedly died and several injured in five major blasts that rocked different parts of Jaipur on Tuesday evening. All blasts took place in densely populated areas, lying within a radius of 1 km. One of the blasts took place in a car, reports say. The blasts took place in Tripolia Bazar where a Hanuman temple drew a large number of devotees today, Manas Chowk, Badi Choupal, Choti Choupal and Johari Bazar. High alert has been declared in all major cities.

All the blasts took place within a space of 15 minutes.The blasts set off panic and near-stampede situation at all the five congested localities. One blast went off in a car while another at a shop. The blast that took place in Chandpole is being attributed to an exploding cylinder.

The blast were of medium range and set off splinters. District administration has swung into action and concerned authorities have reached the spot.

Speaking to Zee News, the IG of Jaipur range Pankag Kapoor confirmed that blast and said that the injured have been rushed to Sawai Man Singh hospital. The police has appealed to people to remain calm.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

I will remove this post if they are not Pakistani inspired, Indian supported Islamic terrorists.

Allah ho akbar at work.
Ranvijay
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Ranvijay »

Deliberate targetting of hindus going on here. Tuesday is the day when hundreds of people venture out to pray to hanuman.. if this is not done by a suwar jaat ka admi I'll change my ID to "I'mapaklet".
Rye
BRFite

Post by Rye »

Prime Minister Manmohan Singh appeals for Calm

Hope these culprits are nabbed -- I will eat my helmet with a side of kuruma if someone other than a group of Paki-motivated Indian islamic jihadis are responsible for this terrorist attack.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

there was a blast yesterday inside a courthouse in Hubli...a warning to the
judiciary about the large number of SIMIan types arrested in Karnataka
recently
Keshav
BRFite

Post by Keshav »

A prayer for those who have lost in this tragedy:

Om Asato maa sad-gamaya;
tamaso maa jyotir-ga-maya;
mrtyor-maa amrutam gamaya.
Om Shaantih Shaantih Shaantih.

O Lord Lead me from the unreal to the real.
Lead me from the darkness to light.
Lead me from death to immortality.
May there be peace, peace, and perfect peace.

- a Sanskrit invocation from the Brihadaranyaka Upanishads 1/3/28
JwalaMukhi
BRFite

Post by JwalaMukhi »

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080513/ap_ ... explosions

Turth will be a casualty as well. The number of people lost will be understated. Vicious ideology is rearing its ugly head in Pink city. Rest in peace. May the deaths of innocent not go in vain.
Arunkumar
BRFite

Post by Arunkumar »

Singha wrote:there was a blast yesterday inside a courthouse in Hubli...a warning to the
judiciary about the large number of SIMIan types arrested in Karnataka
recently
Similar blasts had occured in lucknow court where the jihadis were
being tried.
skganji
BRFite -Trainee

Post by skganji »

shiv wrote:I will remove this post if they are not Pakistani inspired, Indian supported Islamic terrorists.

Allah ho akbar at work.
You are 100% correct. The Islamic terrorists are not interested in any Hindu Majority government staying in power or coming into power. They don't like Hindus.... This is a serious point , Indian leaders need to understand.... Especially, the Italian catholic lady sitting at the top.....
sum
BRF Oldie

Post by sum »

Am just waiting for the usual : I appeal to the people to stay calm from MMS, "We will give a fitting reply to the terrorists and India will not bow before them" from the Hon.Shivraj Patil and the usual "people of Jaipur displayed amazing courage and life is back to nomal the next morning itself" from the "secular" media....
2 days and all forgotten with life back to normal.... :x
Sumeet
BRFite

Post by Sumeet »

http://www.ibnlive.com/news/7-blasts-in ... 207-3.html

• # Seven serial blasts rocked the city of Jaipur at 7:35 PM on Tuesday evening

# 60 dead, 150 injured

# Injured taken to the Sawai Mann Singh hospital

# Blasts at Manas Chowk Police Station area, Johari Bazar, Tripolia Bazar, Badi Choupal, Choti Choupal, Kotwali area

# Eighth bomb diffused

# The bombs exploded within a span of 12 minutes of each other

# There was a near-stampede like situation

# Bombs were planted in bicycles

# Speculation is rife that this could be the handiwork of Lashkar-e-Toiba

# Authorities are also suspecting that Bangladesh-based HuJI could be behind the attacks

# Traffic movement has been obstructed

# Shops have shut down and police have cordoned off the area

# Mumbai and Delhi on high alert

# National Security Guard has reached Jaipur

# All the city borders, Rajasthan state borders sealed

# Traffic movement has been obstructed

# CM announces Rs 5 lakh to each of the dead; Rs 1 lakh for the injured
vsudhir
BRF Oldie

Post by vsudhir »

----edited out by self ---

Folks, if anybody is in or around jaipur or other N indian cities, plz to look up what the vernacular media is saying. They print stuff thats elsewhere being downplayed and hidden.

Have given up on angrezi and TV dhimmedia now.

May the folks who have lost their lives not have died in vain. The victims of terror have to be made the face of the war on jihadism. Let their pain remind our law enforcement and judicial agencies to not go easy one bit on these monsters. No more WKK piffle and Fanaa type of BS. There is no other way. :evil:
Last edited by vsudhir on 13 May 2008 22:58, edited 1 time in total.
svinayak
BRF Oldie

Post by svinayak »

http://www.javno.com/admin/redirect/sta ... 48103.html

I think this part of the message to discourage tourism. Similar to FDI investment in India
Sumeet
BRFite

Post by Sumeet »

There were 7 blasts and 8 were diffused. So in all there were 15 bombs planted. Imagine the kind of damage they would have caused had all went off.

One should thank those brave security men who took care of those bombs.

I don't have any hope from UPA.

This is what UPA is currently upto:

Govt wants Muslim officials in Muslim areas

New Delhi: The Centre has again shifted its focus on to posting minority groups’ personnel in areas whose demographics show a pronounced minority slant.

The minority agenda of the UPA government is once again moving full steam ahead, to the extent that it has now revived its controversial bid to post Muslims in Muslim-dominated areas.

In a letter to three ministries – Health, Human Resources Development and Home – the Department of Personnel and Training has demanded that guidelines for the proposal be expedited.

The Government, last year, had issued an advisory to states for the posting of Muslim personnel in Muslim-dominated areas.

The exercise could not be undertaken in absence of any specific guidelines by the Union HRD, Home and Health ministries and the states did not respond.

This time, though, the Government does not seem to be shy of standing by its minority policy.

A multi-media campaign is already on and a booklet on Muslim Development Scheme has already been dispatched to Muslim MPs.

The All-India Muslim Personal Law Board is not impressed, however.

"What the Goverment should consider and accept is the Ranganath Mishra Commission report; the report has recommended that Muslims should be given reservation in employment as well as in education," stated the AIMPLB’s spokesperson, S Q R Illiyas.

"All these matters do not help the people – these are just cosmetic measures," he said.

As the elections draw near, the Government is expected to more candid about its minority sops. It wants its political message to get across and will not be intimidated by the minority-appeasement campaign launched by the Opposition.
Last edited by Sumeet on 13 May 2008 22:54, edited 1 time in total.
Jagan
Webmaster BR

Post by Jagan »

ADMIN ALERT

Folks, I am going to delete all chestbeating posts in this thread. If any particular post doesnt contribute to the thread in any way, I am going to go ahead and delete / edit that .
Anindya
BRFite

Post by Anindya »

From CNN-IBN...
New Delhi: Following is a Chronology of some recent major bomb blasts in the country:

January 2008: Terrorist attack on CRPF camp in Rampur kills eight.

October 2007: 2 killed in a blast inside Ajmer Sharif shrine during Ramadan, in Rajasthan. August 2007: 30 dead, 60 hurt in Hyderabad 'terror' strike.

May 2007: A bomb at Mecca mosque in Hyderabad kills 11 people.

February 19, 2007: Two bombs explode aboard a train bound from India to Pakistan, burning to death at least 66 passengers, most of them Pakistanis.

September 2006: 30 dead and 100 hurt in twin blasts at a mosque in Malegaon.

July 2006: Seven bombs on Mumbai's trains kill over 200 and injure 700 others.

March 2006: Twin bombings at a train station and a temple in Varanasi kill 20 people.

October 2005: Three bombs placed in busy New Delhi markets a day before Diwali kill 62 people and injure hundreds.
http://www.ibnlive.com/news/terror-tues ... 213-3.html
hnair
Forum Moderator

Post by hnair »

:x This is the kind of troublemaking that a Pak Army with a "Democracy" mask can do with impunity. Prior to the elections, the buck stopped at the Corpse Table and they would squirm in their khakis at those unpleasant calls from their lobbyists/controllers/publicists in DC. But now, that risk has been spread out amongst the RAPEs, who have better acceptability in the western media. Once the dust settles down, Zardari and Sharief can feign ignorance, saying "boys will be boys, especially in Pindi". A proven path for the PA.
vsudhir
BRF Oldie

Post by vsudhir »

Expect no expression of sympathy for the blast victims even from the likes of the CPM, the CPI or the SP. They'll pretend this never happened. Would be interesting to see what the BSP would have to say on the matter.

In any case, time to keep ears open for 'go-slow-on investigating IMs' kinda pressure on the police that has been made recently and bltantly by Deve Gowda in K'taka, the MIM's owaisis in hyd, the SP in UP and by the CPM in Delhi.
Sanjay M
BRF Oldie

Post by Sanjay M »

HuJI suspected to be behind serial blast in Jaipur

New Delhi (PTI): Banned Harkat-ul-Jehadi Islamia (HuJI), operating from Bangladesh, is believed to be behind the serial blasts that rocked the tourist city of Jaipur on Tuesday evening, killing nearly 50 people besides injuring several others.

Though baffled by the attack as Jaipur was not on the terror radar, sources said the tell-tale signs of the blasts indicate HuJI's hand.
Venkarl
BRFite

Post by Venkarl »

Why do these terrorists waste their enormous amount of resources by killing innocent people?...this will be headlines for a week or so....thats it..this kind of cheap attacks will not give them the required attention and media coverage

...they should wait and hit at the right time..but victims should not be innocent people irrespective of religion...instead..Kill Babus and Politicians who are corrupted by birth...this will bring them limelight and our stupid media will ofcourse make sure to keep that on front page for atleast 1 to 2 months. Many leaders are there who don't deserve to enter Parliament...

Learn from Tibetans...without any violence..they got world's attention...wait for the right time...stupid terrorists....yuck thoo.....

May God bless the souls of innocent victims...
Last edited by Venkarl on 13 May 2008 23:06, edited 1 time in total.
Anindya
BRFite

Post by Anindya »

For those who are based in India - if you can expand on what is being said on TV - especially by the talking-heads, that would be helpful.
bala
BRFite

Post by bala »

Sad, condolences to the victims and their families. TSP is definitely behind this round of violence. What caused them to act now - my guess is the Panda next door might have given a signal to them. Panda's are reeling from two major world grabbing attention spots - Tibet/Olympics and now the quake.
Sanjay M
BRF Oldie

Post by Sanjay M »

svinayak
BRF Oldie

Post by svinayak »

New Delhi: Following is a Chronology of some recent major bomb blasts in the country:

Around 440 people who died.
Shivani
BRFite

Shocked

Post by Shivani »

I do not know what to say.

Yes, I am in Jaipur. Today, I actually went to these markets in the afternoon.

I ask members to forgive me, but I am being very honest when I say that all the blasts we have had in other cities have not affected me at all, and I realized this only today. Other than the superficial outpouring of symathy and feelings for vengeance after all the other acts of terror, terrorism for me was something that I saw on TV, read about in newspapers, and discussed on the Internet.

Terrorism was something that happened to "other" people. Something very distant.

Now I am afraid to even step out of the house, or allow a family member to do likewise. Imagine going to some shop or mall and being blown apart. Or living handicapped for the rest of your life. Presently, the roads are deserted, sirens have only just stopped screaming, and people are retiring to their homes after talking with neigbours etc.

This changes everything. I do not particularly feel angry towards Indian Muslims, pakis, and their puppeteers in the west. They are doing something that is very natural, and very 'rational'.

It is the unnaturally passive and thoroughly incompetent Indian approach that offends me the most. I feel strong outrage towards our dysfunctional system of governance that has done so little to stop the people and world order that seeks to harm all Indians, and not work towards achieving capabilities that will eventually destroy these creatures all together.

I have never felt more disillusioned with New Delhi, the politicians and babus, and the western controlled media. We have never had a revolution in India and it shows.
The entire system system of governance and its operators need to be eliminated and replaced by a new order if we are to make fundamental progress in how we survive and prosper as a nation.

I can't go to sleep now, just found out someone lost relative. Sorry if anyone is offended, I have never felt the kind of emotion like today before. I am so utterly miserable and helpless
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

For those who perished, we pray their atma gets peace.

Don't rule out the political angle in all of this. Rajasthan is a BJP ruled state who's CM is Vasundra Raje (Scindia). State elections are due this year. Terrorist elements tracking may have been deliberately ignored by the Centre to make state officials look bad.

Vasundra Raje is a competent CM, although not as progressive as Modi, she is more vulnerable due to price rise and the issue with Gujaars a couple of years ago. If Congress looses another major state prior to general elections in 2009, it may cost Rahul Gandhi the PM seat.
Rishi
Forum Moderator

Post by Rishi »

Hi Shivani,

I went felt exactly the way you did when my family and I narrowly missed being at Sarojini Market in Delhi the day of the blast. The primal urge to kill, to avenge, the fear and insecurity, the 'terror' (as is intended).

We can only speculate as to what the motives were for this (15 bombs??? A morbid record). A message from the Pakis or the Chicoms? B Raman will be out with his take soon, and we on BR shall go through the usual cynical cycle.

Why Jaipur? Something to do with the BJP? Some sort of power play to suggest that the enemy has resources to organise such a travesty as will and at any location? Since the junta forgets (out of aadat or fatalism or convenience), what is this supposed to convey?

Condolences to all the bereaved. :cry:
Rahul Shukla
BRFite

Post by Rahul Shukla »

Another sad day for India. May the deceased rest in peace...

GOI needs to find out the culprits and kill all who are responsible for this.
skganji
BRFite -Trainee

Post by skganji »

Mort Walker wrote:For those who perished, we pray their atma gets peace.

Don't rule out the political angle in all of this. Rajasthan is a BJP ruled state who's CM is Vasundra Raje (Scindia). State elections are due this year. Terrorist elements tracking may have been deliberately ignored by the Centre to make state officials look bad.

Vasundra Raje is a competent CM, although not as progressive as Modi, she is more vulnerable due to price rise and the issue with Gujaars a couple of years ago. If Congress looses another major state prior to general elections in 2009, it may cost Rahul Gandhi the PM seat.
There is a big political angle to this. It reminds us of the similar situation in Andhra Pradesh in 90's, when congress leaders deliberately instigated communal riots in Hyderabad to come back into power..
amar_g
BRFite -Trainee

Post by amar_g »

rishi / shivani..been through the same thing myself a few years ago during the mumbai serial blasts..was attending classes for my 10th std and slowly news started to come in about blasts..my father was in the stock exchange building at that time..it was a horrible feeling till he called up and confirmed everything was ok..

i really do hope and pray the govt dose take some action and we indians do not get used to this "as just one of those things that keep happening" ..like people do in iraq..
even here in mumbai after the ghatkoper mulund and train blasts ..some people were wondering if it would be the norm of the day.

the religion of peace is trying to target our tourist destination..a soft target..scare foreigners away..besides jaipur has got one of the IPL teams..it can only generate more bad press for india as not being a safe destination...

God please give strength to the people of Jaipur who have suffered today.
Vivek K
BRF Oldie

Post by Vivek K »

What I have never been able to understand is "how can one take a human life"? I curse the perpetrators that took so many lives they may never be able to enjoy the happiness of relations in their next seven lives.
Rishi
Forum Moderator

Post by Rishi »

Sorry to be clinical, but lets put together early media pointers:

1. eight serial blasts in a span of 12 minutes (or 7 blasts and 1 diffused)
2. at least 60 killed and 200 injured
3. sources ruled out the use of RDX, these were low-intensity explosions
4. Sites: Crowded, near temples, in the walled city
According to police, the first blast took place at the Manas Chowk Police Station area. The second blast was near the most famous sweet shop in the city, Lakshmi Mishtaan Bhandar which is in Johari Bazaar. The third blast took place in Tripolia Bazar where a Hanuman temple drew a large number of devotees Tuesday while the fourth and fifth blasts were reported at Badi Choupal and Choti Choupal.
5. Planning:
It is clearly a well planned operation and strangely the state police had no intelligence information. All the blasts happened when people were milling around these places,â€
vsudhir
BRF Oldie

Post by vsudhir »

Lakshmi Mishtaan Bhandar
Reminds me of the Gokul Chat bhandar case at Koti in Hyd. HUJI suspected. Again, same as in hyd.

No way the perps operated w/o local support, intell and logistics. No mercy, I tell ya. If IMs are implicated again, time the wider IM community disown these turds and deny them an islamic burial. Unfair as it may seem, it is the IM's problem now. Help solve it!
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

My condolences to the relatives of the victims; and to all deshpremis.
Victor
BRF Oldie

Post by Victor »

Venkarl wrote:Why do these terrorists waste their enormous amount of resources by killing innocent people?...this will be headlines for a week or so....thats it..this kind of cheap attacks will not give them the required attention and media coverage
Unfortunately, you can bet your boots that they *are* preparing very thoroughly to create a major incident that will give them the required media attention. How about blasts carried out in 20-30 cities within minutes of each other with 4,000 – 10,000 casualties? Something like a small bomb inside a cinema hall to cause a stampede for the exits and then the main blasts to do the real massacre times 30? I would be surprised if they are not planning something like that.

Some years ago, HuJI carried out several hundred serial blasts all across Bangladesh within minutes of each other. The strange thing about those blasts was that none of them had shrapnel and there were few fatalities. You would only do that if it was a practice run and to send a message. After that, HuJI links have been found in almost all of the serial blasts in India, each in a different city. I would guess that cells are systematically establishing themselves and meticulously planning the Big One. I seriously doubt that we can prevent it even though I truly hope we can, but we do have enough warning to be prepared for the aftermath which could be ten times as deadly.

The upshot is that there will be a massive religious riot in the not too distant future. The instigators and their objectives are already known beyond any reasonable doubt--Pakistan, Bangladesh and SIMI. The only question is what will be our response?

My condolences to the victims and their loved ones.
Last edited by Victor on 14 May 2008 00:20, edited 1 time in total.
Rishi
Forum Moderator

Post by Rishi »

Small crater?

Shrapnel, BB ? :cry: