Jaipur Blasts

indygill
BRFite -Trainee

Post by indygill »

sauravjha wrote:
Why blame shiv sena they were alone questioning Indias resolve towards Pakistan and islamism for past two decades. No one supported them??? So now for survival they are following what Nehruism propagates "regionalism and division".
Bullshit. the Sena has never up held the constitution and since the sixties it has been indulging in regionalism . In case you have forgotten, it started by targeting madrasis (Tamils) and now has switched over to Biharis.

they have always been for aamchi mati only . so please don't try to give a twisted justification for a party with patently anti-national ideologies. (literally) .

what has the sena done to quell the muslim underworld in Mumbai ?

it can only target poor Bihari chaiwallahs.
your stupid distorted logic will do nothing for Hindu unity.
Well where do you see me defending them. I am only pointing out that they are only following Nehruism which propagates regionalism and linguistism. In short division and not unity. Regionalism is a cancer spread all over India not just Maharashtra.

And why make shiv sena the scapegoat when infact it is a pan-indian problem!!!!! south north east or west its the same story....

Problem is that there is no "national ideology" and thats the way certain institutions want to keep it for vested interests.............
enqyoobOLD
BRFite

Post by enqyoobOLD »

Abhi: Explanashuns are in order onlee.
"The Pakistan army resorted to unprovoked firing... our troops did not retaliate, no-one was hurt.

Point is, it was the Pakistanis who were Phyrring, not the IA. Direction not specified, but you can guess.
Allah's faujis went to war
Allah's faujis ran well
Allah's faujis phyrred their riphals
Up the Colonel's ahrs***!
enqyoobOLD
BRFite

Post by enqyoobOLD »

Problem is that there is no "national ideology" and thats the way certain institutions want to keep it for vested interests.............

A fine effort to rationalize morons assaulting innocent commuters and tradespeople, Indian citizens going about their business in an Indian city.
There IS something very National. It's called the Constitution, and the shiv sena scumbags violate it by their very existence , every time they waste national oxygen resources.
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

Inder Sharma wrote: So please, harvest this anger for cold vengeance but against the BD’s and Pakis not our own brethren.
I would want to agree with your sentiment, but until I see evidence that Shiv Sena and Bhajrang Dal, can take on Paki LeT terrorists or Paki army in the same manner in which LeT takes on symbols of Indian power, I have to call them nothing but anti national cowards. Why do you think the average abdul (who hates India) on the streets of Srinagar or LaWhore or even Paki RAPE have so much endearment to the LeT types as much as they probably detest LeT interfering with their wine and womanizing? Precisely because they take on India. Can you say the same thing about Shiv Sena or Bhajrang Dal sans tough rhetoric which is mighty cheap anyway?
Rahul Shukla
BRFite

Post by Rahul Shukla »

Abhi wrote:... this is only solution for current plight. Indian military take leadership of security apparatus (Defence ministry, Home ministry) of the country...
I could respond to this, or I could merely recommend you to do some more thinking and maybe consider deleting and/or rephrasing your statement. I would however state that your chain of thought seems rather impulsive and some nimbu pani will help.
Abhi wrote:...See how proudly this Colonel says they did not retalite to Pak firing: Indian army spokesman Lt-Col AK Mathur said: "The Pakistan army resorted to unprovoked firing... our troops did not retaliate, no-one was hurt...
Boss, dont paint them as cowards. Serving on the border takes cojones of steel already which most of us here dont have. There are 'rules of engagement' in place to deal with such eventualities. This is the first incident of firing on the border after a long lull and the troops must have sought instuctions/orders from HQ. But for you to imply they simply ducked and don't know how to give as good as they take is simply ridiculous.

We know there was firing, but we dont know if it was artillery, mortar, or machine gun fire. We also dont know if the fire was directed at an Indian post, or if it was just covering fire to merely serve as a distraction for something else (infiltration).

It is ok and there have been plenty of Paki posts blown up and bunkers busted by the Indian Army jawans on the line of fire as/when needed. Else, someone in brown pants would be knocking on your door right about now to collect monthly jaziya tax.

So chill.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

CRS. LeT etc are the irregular army of TSP. They have existed since Partition under various names but gradually increasingly Islamist.

Shiv Sena is just a regional outfit based on envy like all other parochial and chauvinistic organizations like Malay bhumiputras. It made sense int he period of scarce resources of the post Independence India. It has no more raison d'etre for survival unless it morphs itselves or changes it stripes. It tried to do that but the defeat in the lat 2004 elections and the defections from sundry goons has made it rethink its USP. If it continues on that old path it will get marginalised nationally.

So taking SS to task for not being a LeT is non sequitor.
John Snow
BRFite

Post by John Snow »

All this commotion will go away in another two days.

We already found an answer, terrorism is global phenomenon, even TSP is victim of terrorism.

Thats all folk, this is not the end many more to come...
surinder
BRFite

Post by surinder »

Abhi wrote:See how proudly this Colonel
says they did not retalite to Pak firing:
Indian army spokesman Lt-Col AK Mathur said: "The Pakistan army resorted to unprovoked firing... our troops did not retaliate, no-one was hurt.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/7400519.stm
The good Colonel is only proud of what India has been proud of for the last little while---proud of not responding to any provocation. He is just being a regular Indian, nothing more nothing less. When the general zeitgist is that which takes pride in idiotic non-violence, the good Colonel is just being part of it.

This is not a would be world power. These are the actions of a beggar state: content to be a beggar and whiner, uncomfortable with any real action.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Folks lets not divert the thread by bringing in other topics. No more discussion of IA in this thread. Thanks, ramana
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

Chotti mooh badee bath onee; let us not get into Shiv Sena etc discussions. Not that I don't see any flaws in them. Just seems way out of context.

What I learned from these was that Jaipur has lot of illegal Bangladeshi immigrants. What I or anyone can do about it? Me, I can spread awareness and urge relatives to vote for BJP/NDA the next time in the states that they live in.
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

John Snow wrote:All this commotion will go away in another two days.

We already found an answer, terrorism is global phenomenon, even TSP is victim of terrorism.

Thats all folk, this is not the end many more to come...
I have been saying the same for now quite long time. No need to mourn , just double the resovle to destroy the very foundation of terrrorists inspiration. The dead one are gone, now just work on eliminating the Adharmic enemies in non- attached mode. :evil:
Rony
BRF Oldie

Post by Rony »

CRamS wrote:
Inder Sharma wrote: So please, harvest this anger for cold vengeance but against the BD’s and Pakis not our own brethren.
I would want to agree with your sentiment, but until I see evidence that Shiv Sena and Bhajrang Dal, can take on Paki LeT terrorists or Paki army in the same manner in which LeT takes on symbols of Indian power, I have to call them nothing but anti national cowards. Why do you think the average abdul (who hates India) on the streets of Srinagar or LaWhore or even Paki RAPE have so much endearment to the LeT types as much as they probably detest LeT interfering with their wine and womanizing? Precisely because they take on India. Can you say the same thing about Shiv Sena or Bhajrang Dal sans tough rhetoric which is mighty cheap anyway?
LET is supported and funded by Paki Govt. They are professional terrorists raised specifically by a Govt to target high profile targets in a covert manner. On the other hand, Bajarang dal is not supported by Indian Govt.Infact because of p-sec and commie mentality, the Indian establishment since beginning actively discourages any thing remotely associated with nationalist causes.If LET puts up a donation box in a paki mosque for jihad against India, it gets filled in a week.If a Hindu organization puts a donation box in a temple asking for funds for fighting against pakis, it wont even fill half in a month.A muslim gives money for killing kafirs because he thinks he is doing a great service to islam and he will go to jannat for that.A Hindu on the other hand does not have a religious incentive to kill non-Hindus. The Hindus as a group should realise that they have to be a beast to protect themselves from another beast.
sauravjha
BRFite

Post by sauravjha »

I consider the Communist party of india ( mullah) and Shiv Sena at par. see the actions, not the words. bal Thackeray may talk about driving a tank to the border , but when it comes to Salman Khan driving a BMW over poor pedestrians , he "forgives" him.

The Sena talks tough, but targets the poor. the CPI (M) talks tough but targets the poor.

how many BDs has the Sena party from relocated from India's largest urban centre?
when it came to it , the poor Bihari became the one threatening Marathi prosperity. what crap. Shame on them and all those who defend such nonsense.

In any case I don't want to do a "blue on Blue" and will not post further on this issue as I am getting unnecessarily agitated.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

surinder
BRFite

Post by surinder »

Just read the morning news in the local newspaper. It reported the 80 dead. I was shocked to see the caviliar attitude of the reporting:

Firstly, the newspaper casually reported that the bombs were planted in front of the Hanuman temple, temple to the "Hindu monkey god." This was just below the belt. Secondly, the article sarcastically said while no one claimed the responsibility for the blasts, within hours of the blast the junior minister of state for state (Mr Jaiswal) said that "it cannot be ruled out that the attacks were carried out by outside powers."

Would this be how the newspapers be reporting the blasts in UK or Israel? In the UK train bombs, only 50 died. The news in today's newspaper was not even front page---it was burried in the middle somewhere.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Sometime in 1994, SB Chavan the then Home Minister answered in Lok Sabha that GOI knows who is resonsible for the terrorist acts in 1992 however those people have the backing of very powerful countries. So it still continues. As long as US keeps backing TPS for their geo-politico-religious reasons India cant do much be ready to strike when the time is right. Post 9/11 was a good chance.
prakashtirupati
BRFite -Trainee

Post by prakashtirupati »

An e-mail along with a video clip of the pre-blast footage has been sent exclusively to Aaj Tak and Headlines Today, after almost 24-hours of the blast.

In the video footage a cycle with a bag on its carrier allegedly loaded with explosives is shown. The cycle's frame no. is 129489. It was positioned near Choti Chaupal.

The e-mail that has been sent by a lesser known terrorist outfit 'Indian Mujahideen' that warns the Indian government of similar attacks in the future if the government continues to support US and its policies.

The e-mail claims that the blasts were intended to hit the tourism sector of Rajasthan.

The outfit has threatened of similar attacks in the four metros cities vis Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata and Chennai.

The e-mail id from which Aaj Tak has received the e-mail is guru_alhindi_jaipur@yahoo.co.uk.
Indian Mujahideen claims responsibility : AAJTAK
indygill
BRFite -Trainee

Post by indygill »

The e-mail that has been sent by a lesser known terrorist outfit 'Indian Mujahideen' that warns the Indian government of similar attacks in the future if the government continues to support US and its policies.
I do not get it.... Isn't thats exactly what "commies" in India are saying and working on it???? So what was the need for these terrorist attacks??? It doesn't make sense...
Anujan
Forum Moderator

Post by Anujan »

CRamS wrote:This kind of perverse pleasure that TSP is deriving is akin to a rape victim and rapist sitting in front a judge, with the rapist denying the crime with a straight face, the judge demanding that the victim present evidence instead of whining, and all the while the rapist looks at the victim with an evil eye conveying her the message: you b%^&*h, I raped you like a wild dog, and there is not a damn thing you can do about it.
CRamS-saar,
I do know that you wrote this post out of anguish, but I take strong offense and reject your comparison.

We are not a helpless rape victim, neither is the international community a judge nor is TSP a martial "mard" who raped us. We are among the oldest civilizations, who have survived and prospered for millenia and who in recent years threw out the British, defeated the pukis thrice and the second time around, cut their country into two and the last time around wiped out their NLI. We need neither the sympathies nor the concurrence of the international community for our actions and neither should we elevate them to be guardians of morality and fairness. And the pukis and "mard-giri", the less said, the better.

Dont equate the "I will sell my mother for money and win in next elections" politicians and spinless GOI with India. We have dealt with worse before (British) and deal with this too.

We will prevail. Sathyameva Jeyathe !
Rishi
Forum Moderator

Post by Rishi »

prakashtirupati wrote:
An e-mail along with a video clip of the pre-blast footage has been sent exclusively to Aaj Tak and Headlines Today, after almost 24-hours of the blast.
Well this is a change! Someone has claimed responsibility and backed up the claim with a video too. "Indian Mujahideen"... No schnit! Some fuquers somewhere are having fun with the names chosen. Mocking/taunting us (in addition to the threats)
Raju

Post by Raju »

prakashtirupati wrote:

In the video footage a cycle with a bag on its carrier allegedly loaded with explosives is shown. The cycle's frame no. is 129489. It was positioned near Choti Chaupal.

The e-mail claims that the blasts were intended to hit the tourism sector of Rajasthan.

The outfit has threatened of similar attacks in the four metros cities vis Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata and Chennai.

The e-mail id from which Aaj Tak has received the e-mail is guru_alhindi_jaipur@yahoo.co.uk.
Indian Mujahideen claims responsibility : AAJTAK
ohh .. so this gets very clear.

" We shall not bow before the will of the terrorists and we shall get closer to US, we must sign the nuclear deal to show that our iraada is mazboot and it can't be broken by some sundry terrorist "

the work of a genius. This is HuJi indeed. It has made MMS work easier. Is this what it has come down to .. our own citizens being blown up for points to be proven by our political regime. No wonder they are so chilled out about it. And MMS was only bothered by the ceasefire being broken, he viewed it as a serious offence, irritation at some upstart who was bargaining for better terms, and not particularly perturbed by any terrorist act apart from the usual nauseating condemnations.

whatever be the solution to this manmade crises, this can only work to the advantage of one party .. i.e. US
Rishi
Forum Moderator

Post by Rishi »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yom_23UXhj4

Indian Mujahideen claims responsibility for a lot of blasts (old video). SuperSIMI here?
Rishi
Forum Moderator

Post by Rishi »

Mujahideen Islam Al Hind, seems to be the name. The email id used for sending the email in court attack warning above was guru_alhindi@yahoo.fr

This time its guru_alhindi_jaipur@yahoo.co.uk

Added later:
http://www.rediff.com/news/2007/nov/23court15.htm

Above article has IB saying that Al-Hind is just HuJI. Name is to mislead onlee.
Last edited by Rishi on 15 May 2008 01:13, edited 2 times in total.
Raju

Post by Raju »

US masterminded -> Pakistani agents executed -> Consented by sections of Indian political class

this seems to be the chain of terrorism in the country. After making initial noises the investigations are also conveniently shelved without any results. This is probably what they mean when they say India and Pakistan have to fight terrorism together.
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

lakshmic wrote: We are not a helpless rape victim, neither is the international community a judge nor is TSP a martial "mard" who raped us. We are among the oldest civilizations, who have survived and prospered for millenia and who in recent years threw out the British, defeated the pukis thrice and the second time around, cut their country into two and the last time around wiped out their NLI.
We have dealt with worse before (British) and deal with this too.
Yes, we did all that stuff. But we seemed to have faired very poorly when it comes to tackling our own politicians and political parties. On a consistent basis we have failed to elect statesmen and visionaries at regional and national levels. Every now and then we get a gem here or two, but in a democracy that is insufficient.

Look at USA, irrespective if it is a liberal, conservative, bleeding green, red neck, leftists or what not - when it comes to national security and the country they have managed to put a cohesive face. Eventually all representatives and senators look out for their country. The goal is nation's well being, the methods and ideologies might be different. It as a country had the luxury of 3 centuries after its independence to come to this level, we do not have that kind of luxury. Times have changed and we need to act fast. What & how we do it within the democratic framework remains to be seen.

Bharat seems to be doing good against outside forces, but is yet to put a big foot down on the internal forces.
Hope that will be the case to tackle the internal rogues. We need to find ways to 'Rakshakifying' India from within.
Rishi
Forum Moderator

Post by Rishi »

Eh. Sorry for the spams, but Google mama is vomiting out some bits:

http://www.indianexpress.com/story/242867.html

[quote]NEW DELHI, NOVEMBER 23: The email, which warned of an attack on lawyers minutes before bombs went off in court premises in Lucknow, Varanasi and Faizabad, was sent from a cyber café in East Delhi.

The police have zeroed in on the cyber café by late Friday evening.

The mail, received by TV news channels, said: “Now the Islamic raides which is going to take place against lawyer within minutes INSHA-ALLAHâ€
Victor
BRF Oldie

Post by Victor »

All the more reason for a broad cross section of IMs to loudly condemn this attack, the perpetrators and the ideology without mincing words. Yes, yes, we know they are all patriots and all that but there comes a time when you have to underline that. Now is the time. Not doing so says loud and clear: "we support the attack".
Rishi
Forum Moderator

Post by Rishi »

Victor wrote:All the more reason for a broad cross section of IMs to loudly condemn this attack, the perpetrators and the ideology without mincing words. Yes, yes, we know they are all patriots and all that but there comes a time when you have to underline that. Now is the time. Not doing so says loud and clear: "we support the attack".
Talk is cheap :-? (i.e. any Tom/Dick can condemn)

http://www.indianmuslims.info/
Serial blasts rip through Jaipur; Hindus & Muslims among 60 dead; Indians condemn
Submitted by kashif on Tue, 05/13/2008 - 19:35.

* Indian Muslim

By Mumtaz Alam Falahi, TwoCircles.net

Jaipur: Terror struck again. This time they chose one of the most busy tourist cities in the country: Jaipur. It was 7:30 pm, 13th May, prime time for shopping when daytime temperature is above 40 degree. Markets were bustling but within minutes they were shaking with serial blasts.

Seven blasts rocked the city of Jaipur, killing 60 (by 11:30 pm report from TwoCircles.net source in the city) and wounding 100. The blasts of medium intensity took place in the walled city whose residential areas are heavily Muslim populated.

Rajasthan unit of Jamaat-e-Islami Hind (JIH) has condemned the blasts in strongest terms. Talking to TCN from Jaipur, state JIH president Er. Mohammad Saleem said the blasts seemed to be part of recent blasts carried out in different parts of the country with an aim to instigate communal tensions. These attacks wherein innocents are killed are well calculated, he said. Those behind such attacks, he said, want to fuel communal hatred between Hindus and Muslims and destabilize the country.

When asked about casualties, he said places for blasts – markets, shopping centres – indicate the perpetrators wanted more and more casualties. The blast sites include Manas Chowk Police Station area, Lakshmi Mishtaan Bhandar in Johari Bazaar, Tripolia Bazar, Badi Choupal and Choti Choupal. Most of the injured are being treated at Sawai Mann Singh hospital.

Talking to TCN an hour ago from the hospital where wounded are being treated, Er. Saleem said casualties are from both communities. Three relatives of his close acquaintances were also among the victims. He said a JIH team and some other organizations, both Muslim and Hindu, are helping the injured and relatives of the victims.

He said investigating agencies must change their pattern of investigation whereby they accuse some Muslim organizations within hours of attacks, and this sets the course of enquiry by police and media. This policy is to terrorise Muslims, Er. Saleem said.

According to the authorities, one bomb went off in a car while another near a handloom shop. All the areas that have been targeted are tourist spots.

The police say there were no intelligence inputs available earlier, but they were generally on the alert because of the IPL matches taking place in the city. However, it is to be seen whether they change their statement in coming days.

Meanwhile, Mumbai and New Delhi have been put on high alert and the National Security Guard has been dispatched to Jaipur.

There have been communal tensions in the city. These blasts took place just seven months after the twin blast at the dargah of Sufi saint Khwaja Moinuddin Chishti in Ajmer on 11th October 2007. Two people were killed and 17 injured in that blast.

Shocked by the event, President and the Prime Minister have expressed condemnation for the blasts and appealed for peace and calm.
The American Federation of Muslims of Indian Origin (AFMI) has condemned the deadly bomb blasts in the city of Jaipur which have reportedly killed sixty and injured more than one hundred people.

“We condemn this despicable and dastardly act. Our hearts and prayers go out for the victims and their families,â€
Last edited by Rishi on 15 May 2008 01:34, edited 1 time in total.
Sanjay M
BRF Oldie

Post by Sanjay M »

lakshmic wrote:CRamS-saar,
I do know that you wrote this post out of anguish, but I take strong offense and reject your comparison.

We are not a helpless rape victim, neither is the international community a judge nor is TSP a martial "mard" who raped us. We are among the oldest civilizations, who have survived and prospered for millenia and who in recent years threw out the British, defeated the pukis thrice and the second time around, cut their country into two and the last time around wiped out their NLI. We need neither the sympathies nor the concurrence of the international community for our actions and neither should we elevate them to be guardians of morality and fairness. And the pukis and "mard-giri", the less said, the better.

Dont equate the "I will sell my mother for money and win in next elections" politicians and spinless GOI with India. We have dealt with worse before (British) and deal with this too.

Oh come on. Security comes through deeds, and not bleating about how we're such an old civilization. I feel like I'm listening to another Manmohan speech. Through the next dozen bombings -- and you know they're waiting to happen -- we'll again endlessly be pumping out prose about our grand civilization, while the marauders won't be one bit deterred by it. 120 million converts is enough testament to our "grand civilization" and its tattered heritage.

I prefer tangible actions and policies, rather than civilizational blather.
Rye
BRFite

Post by Rye »

Nice to see standard islamist two-faced rhetoric from the All India Muslim Forum
All India Muslim Forum, in a statement, has also condemned the dastardly terrorist attack in Jaipur (but....?), claiming scores of lives and leaving scores others injured. Dr. Mustafa Kamal Sherwani, president, All India Muslim Forum, said “The menace of terrorism can be eliminated only when the entire nation stands up as a single entity, the political parties stop the game of mutual recrimination in order to score the points and (...but..) the tendency to proceed on certain assumptions regarding the involvement of the persons of one community ends.
A roundabout way of saying "muslims cannot commit such terrorism so stop blaming muslims for terrorism in India...so what about those sikh, hindu and christian terrorists, eh?".
Rishi
Forum Moderator

Post by Rishi »

Rye, that chap is not alone.
Meanwhile, Abu Asim Azmi, president of Samajwadi Party’s Maharashtra unit, has demanded investigation into the possibility of the involvement of Hindu extremist organizations in the blasts. "Bomb blasts in Jaipur create doubt of involvement of Hindu extremist organisations like Bajrang Dal and other Hindu outfits. He admonished the Congress-led central government as well as Rajasthan’s BJP government and dubbed the blasts as a symbol of the failure of both governments and their law and order machinery. He demanded the police to investigate into the attacks with an open mind and without any pre-conceived notions.
How utterly wonderful. [/url]
Last edited by Rishi on 15 May 2008 01:49, edited 1 time in total.
Rye
BRFite

Post by Rye »

deleted. OT
Last edited by Rye on 15 May 2008 03:38, edited 3 times in total.
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

A roundabout way of saying "muslims cannot commit such terrorism so stop blaming muslims for terrorism in India...so what about those sikh, hindu and christian terrorists, eh?".
Reminds me of a dialog in the movie 'Evano Oruvan'. The inspector rhetorically asks his subordinate "Can you tell me how many cases have been registered on people with a name like 'Sridhar Vasudevan'?"
bala
BRFite

Post by bala »

At this point of time it is safe to assert the sponsors of terror in INDIA are: USA and CHINA, and the executors of terror are TSP, with its jihadi outfits and ISI combine.

The rest is all academic as to who did it and what the motives are etc.
sanjaykumar
BRF Oldie

Post by sanjaykumar »

Meanwhile, Abu Asim Azmi, president of Samajwadi Party’s Maharashtra unit, has demanded investigation into the possibility of the involvement of Hindu extremist organizations in the blasts. "Bomb blasts in Jaipur create doubt of involvement of Hindu extremist organisations like Bajrang Dal and other Hindu outfits. He admonished the Congress-led central government as well as Rajasthan’s BJP government and dubbed the blasts as a symbol of the failure of both governments and their law and order machinery. He demanded the police to investigate into the attacks with an open mind and without any pre-conceived notions.

This is correct. And Muslims extremists if one can call them that, may have engineered the Bombay mahem and Ayodhya. I hope the Government keeps an open mind.
Multatuli
BRFite

Post by Multatuli »

Ramana wrote :

Sometime in 1994, SB Chavan the then Home Minister answered in Lok Sabha that GOI knows who is resonsible for the terrorist acts in 1992 however those people have the backing of very powerful countries. So it still continues. As long as US keeps backing TPS for their geo-politico-religious reasons India cant do much be ready to strike when the time is right. Post 9/11 was a good chance.
There is no need to start an open war, look at what The US and Britain did to Iraq, they have used existing fault lines within Iraqi society to wreak havoc in the heart of the Arab and Muslim world. This is the way to go, even a 14 or 15 year old with a normal intelligence understands this, and many people have been saying this for years in this forum and other Indian fora, but the politicians in Delhi don't understand this or more likely they just don't care.

Pukejab can and has to be turned into something worse then Iraq, the Indian Intelligence Service knows exactly how to do this, I have no doubt about that, the problem is with their political masters.
Shivani wrote :

I ask members to forgive me, but I am being very honest when I say that all the blasts we have had in other cities have not affected me at all, and I realized this only today. Other than the superficial outpouring of symathy and feelings for vengeance after all the other acts of terror, terrorism for me was something that I saw on TV, read about in newspapers, and discussed on the Internet.

Terrorism was something that happened to "other" people. Something very distant.

Now I am afraid to even step out of the house, or allow a family member to do likewise. Imagine going to some shop or mall and being blown apart. Or living handicapped for the rest of your life. Presently, the roads are deserted, sirens have only just stopped screaming, and people are retiring to their homes after talking with neigbours etc.
One of the things I learned in the west is 'group solidarity'. Westerners will close ranks when confronted with something they consider as a threat. Essentially it means 'if you do something to one of us, you did it to all of us and all of us will come for you'. We see this kind of solidarity among the Chinese ( race and culture unites then ), among Christians and of course among Muslims. But Indians don't think like that, if Muslims blow up or burn to death Hindu pilgrims, for example, many Indians will think 'Thank God it happened to someone else and not to me'. What they forget is that maybe the next time it will be them.

I think Shivani, Raja Ram, Shridhar and others already said the most important things.

It´s clear that the politicians in Delhi don't value the lives of ordinary Indians, the present government certainly doesn't. So it's up to the people of India to show the politicians that their lives do matter, that they are not mice or statistics but human beings and to force a change in the political culture in India. Security is not a luxury item, it is the birthright of every citizen of India, it is the very minimum any government has to ensure.
Last edited by Multatuli on 15 May 2008 02:52, edited 2 times in total.
Gerard
Forum Moderator

Post by Gerard »

He demanded the police to investigate into the attacks with an open mind and without any pre-conceived notions.
Must have been those warlike Jains....
Rishi
Forum Moderator

Post by Rishi »

Rye wrote: Rishi, Abu Azmi is a known Paki jihadi and a known collaborator with Pakistani terrorist groups. Mulayam Singh is the cause of this rot, the rotten Ba$tard.
<OT> Yep. And he lives not more than a few hundred meters from my current location :shock:. Azmis are old UP Zamindar elite. I believe he was involved big time in Metro shoe scandal and Hawala racket. Complete Mafia front-man/wheeler-dealer </OT>
enqyoobOLD
BRFite

Post by enqyoobOLD »

Just out of curiosity - how do you know it's not the CPI (Marxist-Leninist Maoists-Karatist-Brindist) that is not behind this? 8)

Actually I think those guys also did the Godhra train fire.
Rishi
Forum Moderator

Post by Rishi »

http://www.timesnow.tv/NewsDtls.aspx?NewsID=8375
The picture sent by the group shows, what they claim are bombs in blue bags, atop carriers of brand new bicycles.

http://howrah.org/india_news/12251.html

Jaipur blasts similar to Malegaon
Like Jaipur, in Malegaon too, the explosives were planted on bicycles outside religious places. While in Malegaon, the bomb was planted on Shab-e-Bara’at, a holy day for the Muslims, the Jaipur blasts took place on a Tuesday which is an auspicious day of worship among the Hindus. Also, one of the blasts occurred outside a Hanuman temple. The explosives used at both the places was also RDX along with ammonium nitrate, which was used as a detonator. "Bombs were planted on bicycles as they stand three feet tall.

A bomb placed at ground level cannot contribute much towards human casualties compared to those placed at a height as they facilitate spreading the pellets in the air. Also, bombs are placed in crowded places so that the human casualties are more. Bicycles were used for the blasts because they are almost fully metal, so when a cycle shatters violently, its own triangular frame with spokes acts as pellets. (This sounds dumb. Bicycles are used as they are inconspicuous and need no paperwork when purchasing)