Blasts in Bangalore - News and Discussions

prashanth
BRFite

Re: Blasts in Bangalore - News and Discussions

Post by prashanth »

Israelis are right. No negotiations with ....

@vishwakarma,
Sir,
We have long known that our High Ups have no guts to retaliate to such acts. Atleast, they should try to protect us instead of giving stupid reasons.
Rupesh
BRFite

Post by Rupesh »

ISI has made major inroads in southern states. SIMI is quite active in kerala, TN, AP and Karnataka..Just visit the northern districts of Kerala and you can find the growing influence of NDF. They are relatively secure because the existing political leadership is not willing to act against them..Vote bank politics is killing us...........
Raghz
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Raghz »

The phone lines are jammed due to the sudden increase in traffic. Everyone I know of + everyone in the office is trying to reach someone over the phone. Obviously the phone lines will be jammed. The Babus will have better things to do at this hour than jamming phone lines.

Bangalore was on the hit list for a long time and I am sure many such plots as today were prevented by the agencies. It is the most thankless job and they can not brag about their successes... ever...

Even a single failure by the intelligence apparatus is costly and I am sure they try their very best to prevent such attacks. Lets not get carried away. JMHO.
Suppiah
BRF Oldie

Post by Suppiah »

There was an interesting moment in the coverage by timesnow tv. As the announcer was saying 'it is too early to name any suspects or organisations..blah.blah' by coincidence or otherwise, the visual showed a group of skull-capped guys standing staring at the cameras.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

raghz is right -this war is always fought at night in the bylanes with pistols and no arrest warrant. I am sure 'teams' will depart 2nite for north and west kt. The media and itvity crowd will be their usual unrealistic self
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Data points:
1) A friend of mine had predicted that terrorists attack ALL BJP ruled states and that we should expect an attack in Bangalore

2) An organization called the "Popular Front" has linked riots with bomb blasts in retaliation and seems to work in Karnataka.

There was a "riot" of sorts a week or do ago in which a pig's head was allegedly placed in a mosque.

Here is a poster that had appeared in Bangalore a year or so ago (sorry- poor quality)

shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

vishwakarmaa wrote:Its total stupidity to block communication lines, after a blast. Our babus are idiots..
Chillax dude. Blocked lines because too many people are trying to call too many other people. It's may not be the babus - it may be you that is ignorant.
Raju

Post by Raju »

shiv wrote:Data points:
1) A friend of mine had predicted that terrorists attack ALL BJP ruled states and that we should expect an attack in Bangalore

2) An organization called the "Popular Front" has linked riots with bomb blasts in retaliation and seems to work in Karnataka.

There was a "riot" of sorts a week or do ago in which a pig's head was allegedly placed in a mosque.

Here is a poster that had appeared in Bangalore a year or so ago (sorry- poor quality)
blasts have always been timed with important events relating to noclear deal calender.

on the tangent small local incidents like this are manufactured which then results in blasts as local retaliatory excuse.
Nayak
BRF Oldie

Post by Nayak »

I do not mean to be cold hearted, but why did they waste this opp by going for low key blasts ?

What about the combo of RDX + ball bearings in crowded place to raise the damage and body count level ?

There would be blowback on this event. Teams of cops will converge on abduls heavy duty ishtyle. Sleeper cells would be blown and the perps arrested. Would ISI actually waste an opportunity like this ?

Something doesn't make sense.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

TV is showing an interview with India's most effective and patriotic ex PM Deve Gowda. He must have solved the problem by now.
Raju

Post by Raju »

Nayak wrote:Something doesn't make sense.
the British were experts at creating a situation which would justify a retaliation.
their intelligence services have passed on this art to several ex-colonies.
sugriva
BRFite
Location: Exposing the uber communist luddites masquerading as capitalists

Post by sugriva »

Would ISI actually waste an opportunity like this ?
I think this was done to cause more "terror" than any actual damage. Also has to do with the
way babus work, where strongly worded response is proportional to body count. I think the blast
was meant to terrorize B'lore residents only without raising the temperature in the rest of the
country which thinks "onlee wone person died na".

On a side note didn't some Beedi joker "declare war on India" on the beedi dhaaga a few days
ago?
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

Raju wrote:
Nayak wrote:Something doesn't make sense.
the British were experts at creating a situation which would justify a retaliation.
Raju, stop this nonsense about Indian intelligence creating this incident. you are pushing it a bit too far.
shyamm
BRFite -Trainee

Post by shyamm »

Could this be linked to the "animal carcass" incidents at Hebbal and JC nagar Mosques about 2 weeks back, again on a friday.
Somebody is trying to instigate the Abduls ....
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

I think this was testing the waters. These were low-intensity blasts and the bombs were kept in places so as to cause minimal damage. May be these guys were testing the defences, or testing some new technology. Or, it may be a sort of message that they can do anything at will in Bengaluru. Even a series of blasts not causing any serious damage is enough to create panic in MNCs worldwide if it takes place in Bengaluru. This is ominous. A bigger fireworks is in the offing.

I think, the pig-head incidents were manufactured to justify these blasts.
sunilUpa
BRFite

Post by sunilUpa »

Karachi Blasts. 10, low intensity, so tit for Tat?
prashanth
BRFite

Post by prashanth »

shiv wrote:
vishwakarmaa wrote:Its total stupidity to block communication lines, after a blast. Our babus are idiots..
Chillax dude. Blocked lines because too many people are trying to call too many other people. It's may not be the babus - it may be you that is ignorant.
A better reason to do so. In case there are more crackers waiting to explode,that are triggered by mobile phones....
Raju

Post by Raju »

Rahul M wrote:
Raju wrote: the British were experts at creating a situation which would justify a retaliation.
Raju, stop this nonsense about Indian intelligence creating this incident. you are pushing it a bit too far.
For patriotic citizens sitting in India, this reasoning is nonsense. Rational side of my brain tells me so as well.

But for those people sitting outside India, and the non-partison folk in India the question the question they poke is (after their first reaction which is to blame muslims .. "Ohh it is 'them' again) why is the Govt of India not getting any results in investigation even after 4 years.

If senior Govt officials accuse LeT or JeM and ISI after every blast, why is a nuclear armed state just sitting quietly and taking it in the stride. This is unprecedented an no other country in the world has these characterisitics.

Then the Govt goes and says Pakistan is a victim of terror. So some people conclude that Pakistan is indeed innocent.
BhairavP
BRFite

Post by BhairavP »

B Ramanji:
http://www.rediff.com/news/2008/jul/25guest3.htm
The eight blasts that rocked Bengaluru on July 25 points to high orchestration, but low intensity. The blasts reportedly took place within about 12 minutes at around 1-30 pm, that is after the Friday's mid-day namaz in the local mosques.

The high orchestration used in timing five to six blasts, with some precision, resembled the serial blasts in Jaipur in May last year and in three towns of Uttar Pradesh in November.

While timers were used to activate the improvised explosive devices, the explosive material used does not appear to have been of a sophisticated kind. Ammonium nitrate, mixed with a booster, was the preferred explosive in previous terrorist incidents, but one does not know whether ammonium nitrate was used in the Bengaluru blasts too.

Reader's Images of the Bengaluru Blasts

Some TV reports speak of the possible use of gelatin sticks. If so, these blasts would resemble, from the point of view of the composition of the IEDs, the serial blasts in Coimbatore carried out by Al Ummah, a Muslim extremist organisation of South India, in February 1998 to protest against the alleged police excesses against Muslim youth after the demolition of the Babri Masjid. Investigation into the Coimbatore blasts showed that Muslim youth had fabricated the IEDs with the help of explosive material stolen from the quarries of south India.

From preliminary reports, one could make the following surmise: firstly, the terrorists did not want to cause mass casualties; secondly, Bengaluru has the largest concentration of foreign businessmen and experts, but they did not want to target them; thirdly, they did not want to target the foreign tourists either.

Special: In India, we don't catch terrorists

The blasts would definitely create nervousness amongst the foreigners living in Bengaluru and get additional publicity for the perpetrators, but this was only their secondary objective. Their primary objective was to convey a message that they have the capability to hit when and where they want.

After 9/11, the Americans got into the habit of blaming Al Qaeda [Images] for every act of terrorism happening anywhere in the world and then collecting evidence. As pointed out by me in my previous articles, we seem to have got into the habit of blaming the Lashkar-e-Tayiba or the Harkat-ul-Jihad-al-Islami every time an act of terrorism takes place even before we have sufficient evidence.

We should get rid of this habit and keep an open mind regarding the perpetrators. It is important to probe thoroughly into the activities of Al Ummah, which used to have cells in Bengaluru, the Students Islamic Movement of India and other angry elements.

Why terrorists attack soft targets

We have had three waves of anger among the Indian Muslim youth -- the first was after the demolition of the Babri Masjid in 1992 and the second after the Gujarat riots of 2002. These waves have since dissipated. Since last year, one has been noticing a fresh wave of anger after the convictions of a number of Muslims by a Mumbai court in the Mumbai blasts of March, 1993. A common theme in all their Internet chatter is what they see as the inherent unfairness of the Indian criminal justice system towards Muslims.

While taking strong action against the terrorists, whoever they are, it is important to address this perception that our criminal justice system is unfair to Muslims.
vina
BRF Oldie
Location: Doing Nijikaran, Udharikaran and Baazarikaran to Commies and Assorted Leftists

Post by vina »

Take that garbage and shovel it elsewhere Raju. This is right up there along with the Cynthia McKinney cow's "George Bush was responsible for 9/11 " or the Paki/Arab "who benefits out of 9/11" .. "so it must be the jews".
enqyoob
BRF Oldie

Post by enqyoob »

FINALLY, we have some definite clues as to who is behind all these blasts.

My condolences to the innocents hurt and the familes of the innocents killed in this latest round. I don't disagree with the Expected Reaction to Terrorism Cycle as listed here, but I submit that it is better than this one that the terrorists hope for:

1. Bombs go off and innocents traumatized and killed.
2. Cities shut down, intrusive searches at all airports, train stations, bus stations, shopping malls, offices. Mandatory strip search. Long lines, delays, harassment.
3. Knee-jerk accusations and Conclusions by officials destroy all hope of unbiased evidence-collection and trials.
4. Riots kill 100 times as many innocents as bomb blasts
5. Knee-jerk war launch, resulting in 10000 times as many victims as bomb blasts
6. Disintegration of nation.

Now THAT's what I would call "effective" terrorism. Maybe we should thank ******** that the GOI is what it is.
Tanaji
BRF Oldie

Post by Tanaji »

Obviously, I dont agree with Raju's assertion that Indian intelligence agencies are involved, but its not fair to blame Raju alone.

IIRC, there was this "monkey hand in the jar" theory that was posted on this forum by KGoan which claimed that the Indian government was deliberately keeping the Kashmir solution bubbling so that Pakistan is drawn into it and has its hand caught as per the proverb. It cant get out nor can it increase the support due to fear of Indian retaliation. Another inference from that theory is GoI is deliberately contributing to Indian citizen deaths by not doing everything in its power to prevent this. This is in effect, the same statement as Raju's assertion.

It is double standards in castigating Raju's theory while praising the monkey theory (as was done earlier).

JMT and all that.
enqyoob
BRF Oldie

Post by enqyoob »

Small difference, IMHO.
Another inference from that theory is GoI is deliberately contributing to Indian citizen deaths by not doing everything in its power to prevent this

What kgoan's theory said is that the GOI chooses to deal with Pakistan's terrorism by not succumbing to the temptation to go to all-out war, which is what pakistan wants.

IOW, GOI is exhbiting a somewhat higher level of intelligence than Pakistan, unlike what many postors here want GOI to do. This is not surprising (I mean the postor's desires and advice).

I know reality is such a boring thing at a time like this, but here is the alternative:

1. All-out war with Pakistan - extreme international pressure to cease fire, based on "imminent nuclear war".
2. Extreme international interference to "settle Kashmir Dispute" by giving all of J&K to the terrorist mass-murdering goat-lover sorakhs.
3. Maybe India, since now we are a superpower, rejects international pressure and invades Pakistan and captures all of it in 1 week flat (and then launches this mission to Andromeda that gets there in 2 weeks). What exactly do you think will happen next?
4. 500,000 Indian soldiers manning checkpoints in the terrorist slum. Dying at the rate of 500 a month from terrorist attacks. Another 5,000 a month maimed and otherwise traumatized. Blasts in Indian cities every week, instead of the present monthly events.
5. Or the Moo-Moo Option, leading to massive communal riots all over India, continuing for years.

And you would prefer that to the present state of affairs?
Last edited by enqyoob on 25 Jul 2008 18:59, edited 1 time in total.
rsingh
BRF Oldie

Post by rsingh »

Internet , mobile , everything seems to have been shutdown in bangalore
This is done to prevent blasts being triggered-off by phone IMO.
Anyway here once again.......
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Yes in fact I am typing this by throwing alphabet blocks at a blank computer screen. Please acknowledge if you can read it. :P
BijuShet
BRFite

Post by BijuShet »

shiv wrote:
Yes in fact I am typing this by throwing alphabet blocks at a blank computer screen. Please acknowledge if you can read it. :P
Message Received & acknowledged.
Rangudu
BRFite

Post by Rangudu »

Raju wrote:blasts have always been timed with important events relating to noclear deal calender.

on the tangent small local incidents like this are manufactured which then results in blasts as local retaliatory excuse.
:roll: :roll:

I wish you at least had the decency to wait for the bodies to be cremated before you spout your pearls of wisdom.
Raju

Post by Raju »

Kindly restrain from taking tangential potshots from nuclear thread to other debates.
shaardula
BRF Oldie

Post by shaardula »

folks...
any possibility the pavgada/kudremukha lal salaamists behind this?
Tanaji
BRF Oldie

Post by Tanaji »

IOW, GOI is exhbiting a somewhat higher level of intelligence than Pakistan, unlike what many postors here want GOI to do. This is not surprising (I mean the postor's desires and advice).

I know reality is such a boring thing at a time like this, but here is the alternative:

1. All-out war with Pakistan - extreme international pressure to cease fire, based on "imminent nuclear war".
2. Extreme international interference to "settle Kashmir Dispute" by giving all of J&K to the terrorist mass-murdering goat-lover sorakhs.
3. Maybe India, since now we are a superpower, rejects international pressure and invades Pakistan and captures all of it in 1 week flat (and then launches this mission to Andromeda that gets there in 2 weeks). What exactly do you think will happen next?
4. 500,000 Indian soldiers manning checkpoints in the terrorist slum. Dying at the rate of 500 a month from terrorist attacks. Another 5,000 a month maimed and otherwise traumatized. Blasts in Indian cities every week, instead of the present monthly events.
5. Or the Moo-Moo Option, leading to massive communal riots all over India, continuing for years.

And you would prefer that to the present state of affairs?

Would you please specify where and when exactly I have advocated or implied this? Check my previous post, and what I had bolded as well. My only comment was that Raju was not the first person to put this theory.

Please do not attribute stuff to me that I have not stated nor implied.

Unless of course, your post was not meant for me (you have quoted me though)
BijuShet
BRFite

Post by BijuShet »

vishwakarmaa wrote:Blaming the Intelligence agencies is totally wrong. This is defensive mindset to sit on our asses and expect agencies to catch the balls pakis are throwing on our cities. Stupidity.

Focus should be how to reply with 10 times intensity to those who did it. I say, Blow them hard.

Time has come to take off senior rank in ISI.
Any action against any senior rank in ISI would lead to a tit-for-tat response from the Pakis. I dont think any red beacon dilli-billi babu would sign off on such endeavors. As long as the faceless in the Indian crowd faces the brunt of TSP actions we will see the slumber party in GoI continue. The news media gets its share of the sensational and breaking news from such incidents so there is not much incentive on their part to force any major action from the GoI that would put a permanent stop on such recurring media events. The stunted Intellectuals in media and else where also enjoy limelight after such events as they are sought after for their comments, analysis and debate points. Who really cares if a few Indians die in all of this. More people die of neglect daily on any Indian city roads than those who died in this one incident.

Tomorrow morning when the dust has settled the crowds will be back to their daily grind. The mob's attention will be focussed on the current salman-shah rukh spat and the forum rakshaks will return to nukkad or other such important threads to spread gyan. Bottom line life goes on. The only way to change this logjam is to rise up into positions of power and influence the change we desire.
Rishirishi
BRFite

Post by Rishirishi »

BijuShet wrote:
vishwakarmaa wrote:Blaming the Intelligence agencies is totally wrong. This is defensive mindset to sit on our asses and expect agencies to catch the balls pakis are throwing on our cities. Stupidity.

Focus should be how to reply with 10 times intensity to those who did it. I say, Blow them hard.

Time has come to take off senior rank in ISI.
Any action against any senior rank in ISI would lead to a tit-for-tat response from the Pakis. I dont think any red beacon dilli-billi babu would sign off on such endeavors. As long as the faceless in the Indian crowd faces the brunt of TSP actions we will see the slumber party in GoI continue. The news media gets its share of the sensational and breaking news from such incidents so there is not much incentive on their part to force any major action from the GoI that would put a permanent stop on such recurring media events. The stunted Intellectuals in media and else where also enjoy limelight after such events as they are sought after for their comments, analysis and debate points. Who really cares if a few Indians die in all of this. More people die of neglect daily on any Indian city roads than those who died in this one incident.

Tomorrow morning when the dust has settled the crowds will be back to their daily grind. The mob's attention will be focussed on the current salman-shah rukh spat and the forum rakshaks will return to nukkad or other such important threads to spread gyan. Bottom line life goes on. The only way to change this logjam is to rise up into positions of power and influence the change we desire.

Frankly speaking, I do not want to draw a conclusion on ISI conspiracy. We know that TSP is being hit by bombs every week. We also know that practially all the Muslim school of thoughts, are draming of an Islamic India one day or the other. They are working very hard to keep the Muslim mases from joing the Indian society and adapting a truly secular stance.

Perhaps it is time to wind up thease schools and get rid of thease extreemists. Pakistan was created for Muslims and India for secularists. If they do not want to preach secularism, then what are they doing here.
sum
BRF Oldie

Post by sum »

Any action against any senior rank in ISI would lead to a tit-for-tat response from the Pakis. I dont think any red beacon dilli-billi babu would sign off on such endeavors.
Actually, seems to be a very valid reason for our inaction( unless GoI is actually upto something)
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

One request. Please do not post fillpant or irrelevant remarks. It will lead to to and fro posts from other members. The situation is quite aggravated as it is. No need for baiting or flaming. It applies to all members of all status.

Thanks, ramana
Shivani
BRFite

Post by Shivani »

This is disturbing.

As I type, on CNN-IBN news channel one of the local correspondents is reporting live from Bangalore and she's claiming that there was no warning or intelligence input from centre about this attack. Karnataka HM is on the record saying that news reports about any assistance or information warning of an incident are in fact a lie. :x

Looks like centre-state can fight amongst themselves and meanwhile any faithful can kill as many citizens as they want. Human life has no value to these politicians. Perhaps we should petetion Tata to manufacture an armoured Nano.

PS: One of my relatives got caught up in post explosion drama, a bomb exploded near their office building. All staff were told to stay inside and campus locked before the all-clear was given and employees allowed to leave for their homes. There were some communication problems earlier on some mobile network due to sheer volume of calls (this can happen) but now everything seems okay.
Rupesh
BRFite

Post by Rupesh »

Our intelligence agencies do bust ISI modules regularly and most of it never gets reported. To put fear into the perperators of terror there has to be visible retaliation to terror strikes.Covert Ops dosen't deliver on visibility. Psy Ops play an important role in counter terrorism and that demands visible action, if we can set up a few specialized courts and hang a dozen OGW's of terriorist organisation then only the message of zero tolerance towards terror will be sent. Unfortunately whatever anti-terror activities are carried out are done secretly without any reporting ( maybe due to political compulsions ). This makes us weak in the eyes of ordinary citizens. Its time we call for some visible action against terriorists and their sympathizers ( hanging Afzal Guru will be a step in the right direction )
enqyoob
BRF Oldie

Post by enqyoob »

Tanaji:

Only relevance to your post in my comment is that kgoan's "cookie jar" article does not imply a GOI policy of not caring about Indian citizen deaths (as you did very clearly state). I am saying that the alternatives would result in greater Indian citizen deaths. Despite all the heartache, there is no national consensus to take that route.

ramana: nothing flippant except what is intended to throw cold water on inflamed / inflammatory stuff. Please read with greater understanding of intent at least on my part, no comments about other posts. I will say that the disgusting Indian habit of ascribing blame with sweeping generalizations, or even stupider narrow organizational names seconds after a blast is a very destructive habit, whoever does it. It should be made into a felony or even treason, because it leads to massive injustices and national disintegration, while being counterproductive for effective investigation and bringing the criminals to justice. It destroys the credibility of the law-enforcement agencies, and paints Indians as rabid bigots. Officials who keep repeating this habit should be kicked out and prosecuted. This is wartime, and the punishment for destructive behavior in wartime is pretty severe. Thanx

For instance, I understand shivani's state of agitation but drawing the conclusion that "any Faithful are free to explode bombs" is an undisciplined, destructive, hate-inciting post. Precisely what needs to be not tolerated at times like this. Like it or not, we are all in for an extended period of these traumatic events everywhere in the world until the war is completely won (or lost). Might as well learn to behave under these circumstances, while we still have the opportunity. No one has the chance to think rationally etc with a blast ringing in their ears, so the time for learning discipline is now.

Tolerating "venting" posts is just rationalizing destructive and immature behavior.

BTW, I totally agree that hanging the convicted terrorist Afzal would be a long-overdue step in the right direction.
Tanaji
BRF Oldie

Post by Tanaji »

Narayanan

Thanks for the clarification.

Sadly, there is no other alternative but to grin and bear it after every bomb blast.

There will be no strikes across Pak (it solves nothing), no covert ops to "take out" ISI (too much blowback and collateral damage and risk) and no vigilante justice.

The only approach to this is good old fashioned police work, coupled with hard intelligence. That and conditions that make it unprofitable for locals to support the miscreants.

In the meanwhile we should be thankful that these incidents do not happen every week. Surely, its not that the current security set up is what is stopping them.
Last edited by Tanaji on 25 Jul 2008 20:39, edited 1 time in total.
BijuShet
BRFite

Post by BijuShet »

Rupesh wrote:....
Its time we call for some visible action against terriorists and their sympathizers ( hanging Afzal Guru will be a step in the right direction )
Hanging Afzal Guru will almost certainly lead to the immediate execution of Sarabjit Singh by Pakistan as nothing short of execution would satisfy the Paki masses. Both of these incidents would be detrimental to the 2009 election prospects of Political parties of all flavors.

Our reaction to this incident should flow from what was the real intention of these blasts. These were low intensity blasts so killing lots of innocent people was not the real intent. There was some message being sent. I am going to speculate on a few reasons for this incident:
1) Recent developments in the US-India nuclear deal
2) A proposed ABM test by India to be carried out next week
3) An isolated incident from 2 weeks ago when a Pig head was found near a mosque
4) A test run for a more spectacular operation that may happen in the near future
5) A small remonstration by ISI for the supposed whipping it received from Adm Mullen following the Indian embassy incident in Afghanistan
6) Any other possibilities/imaginations from a fertile mind.
enqyoob
BRF Oldie

Post by enqyoob »

That's the other thing I would suggest: that blasts deafen, so I don't want to hear ANY "messages" sent through terrorism. The only "message" is that there are some idiots who need to be arrested, tried swiftly, and hanged. In pieces, OK, but after due conviction and appeals. Swift appeals.

No "message", no "retaliation", no "grievance", no nothing. Injuring/ killing innocents is not tolerable, WHATEVER the perceived grievance or "message". I know we don't mean to show any sympathy when we seek "messages" but that is unfortunately the effect - some impression that these *****s have any intelligence or reason behind their actions. They are criminals, sub-human, waaaay-sub-animal, savages. But because WE are civilized, we should not be willing to let them "martyr" themselves with claims of Brutality etc. without due process of trial.

I know this is unfairly hard, terrible on the law-enforcement people. They need all our support, BUT, sorry, NOT to take the "easy route".