http://stockparadise.blogspot.com/2008/ ... ce-in.html
I really think India in the short term is a risky play.
I am sure the internal economy is strong.
But, if these attacks become easy to execute and routine that signals a major issue.
You should really consider the global economy as a whole due the type of ETF's you are into.
If owned ETF's in Emerging markets,since 2002 I would say their run is over atleast for the next 2 years.
I would sell those now, wait till the growth story becomes a real deal again and then buy in again.
In the end its your call.
Good Job True Patriot.
I would say India before the Bangalore attacks was a 3, now up graded to a 4.
I say it is time to cash out.
If we see attacks in Hyderabad or Chennai, I am sure there will be massive stock market sell offs all over the place.
I think these attacks have to with US Nuke deal more than anything else.
July 26, 2008 12:02 PM
I would like to add couple more point that :
1. A hindu nationalist government in India is good not only for India but USA .
2. Present government is not just bunch of ordinary criminals but all hand in glove with Islamic fundamentalist and have deep nexus with likes of Bin Laden, Dawood et all. This explains why soon after acquiring power at center they repealed anti terrorism law like POTA framed by BJP government.
3. They have also cancelled all development and infrasturucture projects initiated by previous government.
4. But this was not sufficient, to weaken countries science , research activities they left no stone unturned by intoducing heavy caste and muslim reservations in top institutes like IIT, AIIMS and IIM, denying admission to thousands of meretorious and deserving candidates.
5. To appease muslim they are not introducing any population control measure so that they can overtake hindus and make this country an ISLAMIC country as soon as possible. In last 60 years muslim population witnessed 15 times increase fro 20 million to reach 300 million. but officially they dont declare it. and say muslims are hardly 200 million.
6. US should sign nuclear deal only when Indian government show evidence to implement population control policy like one child policy to all religion. My muslim friends in India usually have 10-20 kids per family.
July 26, 2008 5:27 PM