Bharat Rakshak Forum Announcement

Hello Everyone,

A warm welcome back to the Bharat Rakshak Forum.

Important Notice: Due to a corruption in the BR forum database we regret to announce that data records relating to some of our registered users have been lost. We estimate approx. 500 user details are deleted.

To ease the process of recreating the user IDs we request members that have previously posted on the BR forums to recognise and identify their posts, once the posts are identified please contact the BRF moderator team by emailing BRF Mod Team with your post details.

The mod team will be able to update your username, email etc. so that the user history can be maintained.

Unfortunately for members that have never posted or have had all their posts deleted i.e. users that have 0 posts, we will be unable to recreate your account hence we request that you re-register again.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your understanding.

Regards,
Seetal

Bomb blasts in assam

shiv
BRF Oldie
Posts: 33698
Joined: 01 Jan 1970 05:30
Location: Pindliyon ka Gooda

Re: Bomb blasts in assam

Postby shiv » 30 Oct 2008 20:04

dkhan wrote:whatever, as long as my name isnt three four syllables i'm ok with it. secondly, last time i checked, globally the way any crime works is 'innocent until proven guilty.' so lets see what evidence we get from these blasts. hindu fundamentalists have been killing christians in the south and burning muslim families alive for about a month now. its insane to think there wasnt going to be some blowback from that.


So you think it is a blowback because "hindu fundamentalists have been killing christians in the south and burning muslim families alive for about a month now" If you admit it is a blowback you are virtually naming the guilty party. So Hindus have nothing to do with these bombs then - just as many suspected.

What was all that about innocent until proven guilty business? If it was Islamic terrorists - it was the usual stuff - kill some convenient nearby people in the name of Islam as a "blowback" ("because hindu fundamentalists have been killing christians in the south and burning muslim families alive for about a month now"}and provide Quranic justification as persecution of Muslims. Allah tells me to kill so I kill.

Ho hum. Wake me up when someone comes up with something new.

dkhan
BRFite -Trainee
Posts: 4
Joined: 13 Sep 2008 23:53

Re: Bomb blasts in assam

Postby dkhan » 30 Oct 2008 20:11

Singha wrote:I would request the admins throw out this rotten fellow.

we dont need a 'civil discussion' with terror supporters here, GOI
does enough on that front.



typical response from someone who cannot stand a viewpoint different than his own. read my lips, i condemn and abhor any act of violence against any civilian, regardless of race, religion and ethnicity. got it? or do i have to post it on your forehead?

Rye
BRFite
Posts: 1183
Joined: 05 Aug 2001 11:31

Re: Bomb blasts in assam

Postby Rye » 30 Oct 2008 20:13

dkhan wrote:
Typical response from someone who cannot stand a viewpoint different than his own. read my lips, i condemn and abhor any act of violence against any civilian, regardless of race, religion and ethnicity. got it? or do i have to post it on your forehead?


Dear jihadi, by claiming that the killing of innocents in Assam was "blowback", you have already revealed your jihadi mind. You may want to post that on your forehead so that the Indian army can take good care of you. Islamic jihadis are great at rhetoric "Islam is peace and love and tolerance...unless you criticize islam, in which case your head comes off your shoulders"....is the usual line.
Last edited by Rye on 30 Oct 2008 20:15, edited 1 time in total.

Victor
BRF Oldie
Posts: 2645
Joined: 24 Apr 2001 11:31

Re: Bomb blasts in assam

Postby Victor » 30 Oct 2008 20:15

ULFA has denied a hand in these blasts which throws out any speculation that they may be trying to "get attention" etc. They are finished. This is HuJI-ISI through and through. Contrary to what is being peddled here, ULFA has never used serial blasts and has denied every single instance. It is a HuJI-ISI perfected method. Of course, kangress is trying to deflect blame from their vote bank and are on the verge of accusing their own mothers for want of any other cover.

One witness near the high court said he "saw a car flying" which indicates the intensity of the blast and corroborates the RDX report. Another said he saw someone leaving a morah (wicker stool) near a mandir which blew up a few minutes later. He wanted to say something to the guy who left it but could not because of the crush of shoppers.

BTW, for the edification of the paki here: if and when there is blowback, there are enough jehadi villages and rat holes in Assam to expend that energy on.

dkhan
BRFite -Trainee
Posts: 4
Joined: 13 Sep 2008 23:53

Re: Bomb blasts in assam

Postby dkhan » 30 Oct 2008 20:19

Rye wrote:dkhan wrote:
Typical response from someone who cannot stand a viewpoint different than his own. read my lips, i condemn and abhor any act of violence against any civilian, regardless of race, religion and ethnicity. got it? or do i have to post it on your forehead?


Dear jihadi, by claiming that the killing of innocents in Assam was "blowback", you have already revealed your jihadi mind. You may want to post that on your forehead so that the Indian army can take good care of you. Islamic jihadis are great at rhetoric "Islam is peace and love and tolerance...unless you criticize islam, in which case your head comes off your shoulders"....is the usual line.


haha, i did not state it was a blowback. calm down. i said that if this is a crime done by muslim groups in india, they can point to the violence against muslims that has occured by hindu terrorists in eastern states. and thus, it will be a blowback from that.

sugriva
BRFite
Posts: 318
Joined: 15 Jun 2005 20:16
Location: Exposing the uber communist luddites masquerading as capitalists

Re: Bomb blasts in assam

Postby sugriva » 30 Oct 2008 20:20

Victor wrote:ULFA has denied a hand in these blasts which throws out any speculation that they may be trying to "get attention" etc. They are finished.

ULFA may deny but there is no denying the fact that local logistics would necessarily have been taken care of by them. They are going to deny for obvious reasons. Also Times Now is reporting that a group of Hu-Jees from Beedi land were escorted from Karimganj to Dibrugarh by the ULFA. Apparently this information was shared with local police and intelligence.

Rye
BRFite
Posts: 1183
Joined: 05 Aug 2001 11:31

Re: Bomb blasts in assam

Postby Rye » 30 Oct 2008 20:26

jihadi writes:
aha, i did not state it was a blowback. calm down. i said that if this is a crime done by muslim groups in india, they can point to the violence against muslims that has occured by hindu terrorists in eastern states. and thus, it will be a blowback from that.


Dear paki jihadi, your time for jannat has arrived. Your trolling on this thread has been reported. Hope you turn into good manure for the trees along with the rest of your BD/Pakistani/ISI jihadi tribes.

Victor
BRF Oldie
Posts: 2645
Joined: 24 Apr 2001 11:31

Re: Bomb blasts in assam

Postby Victor » 30 Oct 2008 20:27

sugriva wrote: there is no denying the fact that local logistics would necessarily have been taken care of by them. They are going to deny for obvious reasons. Also Times Now is reporting that a group of Hu-Jees from Beedi land were escorted from Karimganj to Dibrugarh by the ULFA.

Only a total idiot will believe this. Beedis/HuJI don't need any local logistics arranged by "local" people. They already have the help of kangress and have infested every corner of our fair land and you can smell them everywhere. Ditto for the need of an escort from Karimganj to Dibrugarh. :rotfl:

shiv
BRF Oldie
Posts: 33698
Joined: 01 Jan 1970 05:30
Location: Pindliyon ka Gooda

Re: Bomb blasts in assam

Postby shiv » 30 Oct 2008 20:31

dkhan wrote:
typical response from someone who cannot stand a viewpoint different than his own. read my lips, i condemn and abhor any act of violence against any civilian, regardless of race, religion and ethnicity. got it? or do i have to post it on your forehead?


That typical response is from a person who may have lost near and dear ones in blasts that you say is a "blowback" against Hindu fundamentalists. And you state that he disagrees with you. That shows where your sympathies lie.

You are free to hold on to your viewpoint - but on here at a time like this your viewpoint is not going to do much good for the people and causes you might want to talk about.

You condemn violence but you "understand" blowbacks don't you? You can continue to blow back at people whom you hold guilty somewhere else.

No more trolling from you.

sugriva
BRFite
Posts: 318
Joined: 15 Jun 2005 20:16
Location: Exposing the uber communist luddites masquerading as capitalists

Re: Bomb blasts in assam

Postby sugriva » 30 Oct 2008 20:32

Victor wrote:
sugriva wrote: there is no denying the fact that local logistics would necessarily have been taken care of by them. They are going to deny for obvious reasons. Also Times Now is reporting that a group of Hu-Jees from Beedi land were escorted from Karimganj to Dibrugarh by the ULFA.

Only a total idiot will believe this. Beedis/HuJI don't need any local logistics arranged by "local" people. They have infested every corner of our fair land and you can smell them everywhere. Ditto for the need of an escort from Karimganj to Dibrugarh. :rotfl:


I dunno enough about your fair land dude. I only reported what I heard on Times Now. However I see that other members from Assam on this thread have not discounted the ULFA angle completely.

Singha wrote: ULFA is stepping up to the next level here.

need to be shot like the rabid dogs they are. I would say its
a joint ULFA+HUJI op.

SRoy
BRFite
Posts: 1829
Joined: 15 Jul 2005 06:45
Location: Kolkata
Contact:

Re: Bomb blasts in assam

Postby SRoy » 30 Oct 2008 20:43

sugriva wrote:
Victor wrote:
sugriva wrote: there is no denying the fact that local logistics would necessarily have been taken care of by them. They are going to deny for obvious reasons. Also Times Now is reporting that a group of Hu-Jees from Beedi land were escorted from Karimganj to Dibrugarh by the ULFA.

Only a total idiot will believe this. Beedis/HuJI don't need any local logistics arranged by "local" people. They have infested every corner of our fair land and you can smell them everywhere. Ditto for the need of an escort from Karimganj to Dibrugarh. :rotfl:


I dunno enough about your fair land dude. I only reported what I heard on Times Now. However I see that other members from Assam on this thread have not discounted the ULFA angle completely.

Singha wrote: ULFA is stepping up to the next level here.

need to be shot like the rabid dogs they are. I would say its
a joint ULFA+HUJI op.

Victor hails from NE (Assam to be exact IIRC), I'll trust his commentary on ground conditions over any DDM news channel.

fanne
BRF Oldie
Posts: 2576
Joined: 11 Feb 1999 12:31

Re: Bomb blasts in assam

Postby fanne » 30 Oct 2008 20:46

Sugriva,
Take it from me it is not ULFA, the logic does not add up

sugriva
BRFite
Posts: 318
Joined: 15 Jun 2005 20:16
Location: Exposing the uber communist luddites masquerading as capitalists

Re: Bomb blasts in assam

Postby sugriva » 30 Oct 2008 20:50

SRoy wrote:Victor hails from NE (Assam to be exact IIRC), I'll trust his commentary on ground conditions over any DDM news channel.

SRoy,
Given that fact that the DGFI has the leadership of the ULFA so tightly under its control and which it has used in the past viz the killing of Bihari migrant labourers by ULFA to provide job opportunities to Beedi migrants, it is but natural to suspect the role of ULFA in this. As a good detective one must always suspect everybody. This is not the time to give clean chits to one organization or the other. JM2NP

sum
BRF Oldie
Posts: 9667
Joined: 08 May 2007 17:04
Location: (IT-vity && DRDO) nagar

Re: Bomb blasts in assam

Postby sum » 30 Oct 2008 20:56

Why are the crowds attacking the police? Is it spontaneous anger against the Kangress govt/BD menace bubbling out or some general mayhem by anti-socials(esp the tons of BDs roaming around in Guwahati)?

Rye
BRFite
Posts: 1183
Joined: 05 Aug 2001 11:31

Re: Bomb blasts in assam

Postby Rye » 30 Oct 2008 20:56

sugriva, note that the Pakis violated the ceasefire a couple of days ago -- the ISI/HuJI has very good motivation to create these blasts. I believe Victor knows exactly what he is talking about.

Victor
BRF Oldie
Posts: 2645
Joined: 24 Apr 2001 11:31

Re: Bomb blasts in assam

Postby Victor » 30 Oct 2008 21:03

sum wrote:Why are the crowds attacking the police? Is it spontaneous anger against the Kangress govt/BD menace bubbling out or some general mayhem by anti-socials(esp the tons of BDs roaming around in Guwahati)?

Spontaneous anger and frustration directed against the kangress/BD menace. I'd say the youth in Assam are quite aware of the tactics of mischief and any BDs causing trouble would not be able to do so in Guwahati openly. Its a different matter in the rat holes.

BTW, very few of the locals believe that ULFA was behind the "Bihari" killings. We have discussed the modus operandi here before which doesn't fit the mould of ULFA, ie. slit throats. ULFA would simply use bullets every single time while u-no-who will universally choose the other method. The big shots in BD land under DGFI influence are well-fed puppets. 80% of ULFA's armed wing have seen the light, surrendered and are trying to join the mainstream with the help of the army. I would guess that the other 20% have assets to protect in BD land or are held captive/hostage. One high-ranking woman commander recently escaped with the help of the IA special services group and reports that there are many more being held in Myanmar.

[edited..ramana]
Last edited by Victor on 30 Oct 2008 21:16, edited 2 times in total.

sum
BRF Oldie
Posts: 9667
Joined: 08 May 2007 17:04
Location: (IT-vity && DRDO) nagar

Re: Bomb blasts in assam

Postby sum » 30 Oct 2008 21:11

Link
Angry mob tries to storm state secretariat in Assam
30 Oct 2008, 2055 hrs IST, PTI

GUWAHATI: Angered by the Tarun Gogoi government's alleged failure to protect the citizens, people on Thursday attempted to storm into the state
secretariat with two of the charred bodies of serial blast victims in Guwahati even as hundreds took to the streets in protest.

As Assam bled, a mob carrying two charred bodies on a push cart tried to storm its way in through the gates of the secretariat in Dispur.

The mob, shouting slogans such as "Tarun Gogoi murdabad", was stopped at the gates of the seat of government by the security staff.

The people demanded that "Gogoi come out and see what your failure to protect the people has caused. It has killed innocent people".

Street fights also erupted with people angered by the repeated bomb blasts in Ganeshguri, which is adjacent to the high security Secretariat and Assembly. The area was targeted by ULFA earlier several times killing many in the vegetable market.

Angered by the alleged police delay in responding to the bomb blast, an irate mob set ablaze a fire-tender.

To control the angry protestors, police resorted to blank firing, official sources said.

Meanwhile, lawyers in Guwahati also have decided not to take up cases of militants in the courts following the serial blasts across the state.

The lawyers took the decision as soon as the blast took place in front of the Kamrup District Deputy Commissioner's office.

Guwahati High Court Chief Justice J Chameleswar has also condemned the explosions as an "attack on society".

Thresholds are certainly lowering and wont be surprised if a net is nearly lynched when the next bomb blast occurs in a major city....

"blowback"(in the words of the Paki/traitorous Indian trolls) is bound to happen some day given the insane statements/theories of the netas we hear after every blast which further aggravate the anger.....

Raju

Re: Bomb blasts in assam

Postby Raju » 30 Oct 2008 21:24

Somebody on Times Now channel turned up (a cabinet minister in Assam) and made the claim that ULFA cadres were being trained in Yunan province of PRC.

Rahul M
Forum Moderator
Posts: 16227
Joined: 17 Aug 2005 21:09
Location: woh log gawad hai, unpad hai !
Contact:

Re: Bomb blasts in assam

Postby Rahul M » 30 Oct 2008 21:26

hindu fundamentalists have been killing christians in the south and burning muslim families alive for about a month now.
:roll:
and suparco has been sending spacecraft to mars for centuries now.
don't try to push your imagination as fact.

its insane to think there wasnt going to be some blowback from that.

by that same asinine logic of yours muslims should expect blowback for a thousand years in lieu of the massacres being carried out by muslim invaders on hindus for near about a thousand years.
and christians too merit similar treatment for a couple of hundred years for what the portugese and the brits did.

/disclaimer
I won't hold with such paki logic. dkhan will be banned if he continues on the same vein.
(OK, I got to writing the post an hour back. apologies as it doesn't take into account subsequent posts)
raju ji, FWIW PRC has denied the allegation.

sugriva
BRFite
Posts: 318
Joined: 15 Jun 2005 20:16
Location: Exposing the uber communist luddites masquerading as capitalists

Re: Bomb blasts in assam

Postby sugriva » 30 Oct 2008 21:26

Victor, just curious. Why are you so keen to scuttle any discussion on the role of ULFA in these blasts? To me it seems like that the ULFA + HuJI + ISI + DGFI is behind this.

Muppalla
BRF Oldie
Posts: 7037
Joined: 12 Jun 1999 11:31

Re: Bomb blasts in assam

Postby Muppalla » 30 Oct 2008 21:30

blowback - Read history of blowback related to Assam. It will scare the hell out of everyone. I do not want to go into details. If India is an elephant, then Assamese are the biggest elephant inside India and when they think of blowback then it is a different story. Current generation hasn't seen it and not realizing the repercussions.
Last edited by Muppalla on 30 Oct 2008 21:32, edited 1 time in total.

Singha
BRF Oldie
Posts: 60362
Joined: 13 Aug 2004 19:42
Location: Lupine but moderately dharmic

Re: Bomb blasts in assam

Postby Singha » 30 Oct 2008 21:30

two expensive fire tenders were trashed because they arrived on
the scene with partial water in tank, ran out of water and since
there is no fire hydrant could not douse the fire below the flyover.
no more fire tenders arrived because they were busy elsewhere.

a lot of autos, one bus and some people in the market got killed.
one small girl ran and ended in front of my in-laws house (around 100m) away separated from her mother. till evening the mother was not found, probably killed in the blast. local people are taking
care of her as the city is under curfew.

TV channels report the J-e-I and Islamic chatra shibir sent a few
carloads of explosives to dibrugarh from tripura border around puja
time. could be a case of delaying the strike until the next
opportunity. ULFA would be most happy to provide safe houses
and route guides to avoid the main checkpoints because their
leaders and camps are in BD and all their money is stashed there
as also their arms landing pt (chittagong). BD/ISI has ULFA
by the leash.

Rye
BRFite
Posts: 1183
Joined: 05 Aug 2001 11:31

Re: Bomb blasts in assam

Postby Rye » 30 Oct 2008 21:31

sugriva, 80% of ULFA has surrendered to the Indian forces have surrendered, and the rest are in hiding, so why is it wrong to ignore ULFA in this equation? "everyone is a suspect" is all well and good, but there is definitely a motivation for Pakistan to increase the heat in the NE right now, along with their jihadi buddies in Bangladesh. Wrongly blaming ULFA cadres who have all surrendered is not really in India's interest..if you think otherwise, please explain.

Victor
BRF Oldie
Posts: 2645
Joined: 24 Apr 2001 11:31

Re: Bomb blasts in assam

Postby Victor » 30 Oct 2008 21:32

sugriva wrote:Victor, just curious. Why are you so keen to scuttle any discussion on the role of ULFA in these blasts? To me it seems like that the ULFA + HuJI + ISI + DGFI is behind this.

This is a similar question to the one this guy posed to RayC in the IA thread, viz "why are you protecting the IA". Troll alert.

Meanwhile, the first local report on the net:
Assam Tribune report
GUWAHATI, Oct 30 — Terror struck the hub of North-East when over a dozen blasts today ripped through commercial areas of the capital and three other districts, killing 56 people and injuring 350 others.

The first of the 13 bombs, suspected to have been planted by Bangladesh-based HuJI members, went off simultaneously at around 11.30 AM under the Ganeshguri flyover, near the high-security capital complex housing the Assembly building, Paltan Bazar and Fancy Bazar here.

Around the same time, bombs also went off in crowded market places of Kokrajhar, Bongaigaon and Barpeta districts in lower Assam.

Black smoke billowed from the Deputy Commissioner's Office housing the district courts, which bore the brunt of the attacks in Guwahati, as vehicles, including a number of cars, turned into mangled heaps of metal.

Police suspected that the bomb was planted in the court complex on a two-wheeler.

At least 25 people were killed and 235 injured in the blasts in Guwahati where an indefinite curfew was clamped following protests by residents, who accused the police of delayed action.

While 19 were killed and 64 injured in Kokrajhar, 12 died in Barpeta where 46 others were wounded. Five people were injured in Bongaigaon, Principal Secretary (Home) Subhash Das told PTI.

A red alert has been sounded across the state and army has also been put on alert in view of the security situation, he said after Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi held a review meeting with his cabinet colleagues and top officials. PTI

Singha
BRF Oldie
Posts: 60362
Joined: 13 Aug 2004 19:42
Location: Lupine but moderately dharmic

Re: Bomb blasts in assam

Postby Singha » 30 Oct 2008 21:33

those that remain are however the most pro-BD anti-India hardcore
elements. includes paresh ceo himself.

police must use spies and informers in surrendered ulfa to eliminate
these people quietly.

sugriva
BRFite
Posts: 318
Joined: 15 Jun 2005 20:16
Location: Exposing the uber communist luddites masquerading as capitalists

Re: Bomb blasts in assam

Postby sugriva » 30 Oct 2008 21:34

Victor wrote:sugriva wrote:
Victor, just curious. Why are you so keen to scuttle any discussion on the role of ULFA in these blasts? To me it seems like that the ULFA + HuJI + ISI + DGFI is behind this.

This is a similar question to the one this guy posed to RayC in the IA thread, viz "why are you protecting the IA". Troll alert.


So you admit you are batting for the ULFA on this thread :shock:

Keshav
BRFite
Posts: 633
Joined: 20 Sep 2007 08:53
Location: USA
Contact:

Re: Bomb blasts in assam

Postby Keshav » 30 Oct 2008 21:37

Rye wrote:sugriva, 80% of ULFA has surrendered to the Indian forces have surrendered, and the rest are in hiding, so why is it wrong to ignore ULFA in this equation? "everyone is a suspect" is all well and good, but there is definitely a motivation for Pakistan to increase the heat in the NE right now, along with their jihadi buddies in Bangladesh. Wrongly blaming ULFA cadres who have all surrendered is not really in India's interest..if you think otherwise, please explain.


In fact, I think it makes more sense. Because the ULFA has largely capitulated, the remaining few are releasing undirected anger - they have become terrorists without a cause and are, therefore, even more dangerous. There violence has no purpose other than violence.

Rye
BRFite
Posts: 1183
Joined: 05 Aug 2001 11:31

Re: Bomb blasts in assam

Postby Rye » 30 Oct 2008 21:38

sugriva, before you destroy this thread with your ignorance, go read up the thread on North East news and discussion and the ULFA cadre surrendering to the Indian army and dropping their weapons.

sugriva
BRFite
Posts: 318
Joined: 15 Jun 2005 20:16
Location: Exposing the uber communist luddites masquerading as capitalists

Re: Bomb blasts in assam

Postby sugriva » 30 Oct 2008 21:42

Singha wrote:those that remain are however the most pro-BD anti-India hardcore
elements. includes paresh ceo himself.

police must use spies and informers in surrendered ulfa to eliminate
these people quietly.


I fully agree. The ULFA started out ostensibly as an organization to support the interests of the Assamese Hindu. In retrospect it has done more damage to this community by aligning itself with the ISI.

Vivek K
BRFite
Posts: 1736
Joined: 15 Mar 2002 12:31

Re: Bomb blasts in assam

Postby Vivek K » 30 Oct 2008 21:43

dkhan wrote:..hindu fundamentalists have been killing christians in the south and burning muslim families alive for about a month now. its insane to think there wasnt going to be some blowback from that.

You make accusations without details. Care to detail where muslim families have been burnt alive (pls use an acceptable source and not the local mullah). However, let us for a minute accept your version. Are you trying to say it is right for aggrieved persons to blow up other innocent people? That should confirm to all the Pakiness of this troll.

Rye
BRFite
Posts: 1183
Joined: 05 Aug 2001 11:31

Re: Bomb blasts in assam

Postby Rye » 30 Oct 2008 21:44

dkhan has left the building (more like "kicked out for trolling").

ramana
Forum Moderator
Posts: 47919
Joined: 01 Jan 1970 05:30

Re: Bomb blasts in assam

Postby ramana » 30 Oct 2008 21:46

Raju wrote:Somebody on Times Now channel turned up (a cabinet minister in Assam) and made the claim that ULFA cadres were being trained in Yunan province of PRC.

This a new one! Thus justifies inaction.

ramana
Forum Moderator
Posts: 47919
Joined: 01 Jan 1970 05:30

Re: Bomb blasts in assam

Postby ramana » 30 Oct 2008 21:48

Sugriva, Unless you stop your baiting I will be forced to warn you and once you accumulate enough you will get banned. Do you want that?

Singha
BRF Oldie
Posts: 60362
Joined: 13 Aug 2004 19:42
Location: Lupine but moderately dharmic

Re: Bomb blasts in assam

Postby Singha » 30 Oct 2008 21:48

one thing is the state of police and forensics in the NE is not
good. nowhere near the delhi or mumbai std.
most of the police are engaged in sentry duty, convoy protection
and anti-terrorist patrols(the SOG - 'black panthers') but not much
skills to do detective work at crime sites.

tarun gogoi - the guy seems even more pathetic than patil sahib.

as long as vote bank politics to favour BD muslims in NE goes on,
justice will always be denied.

if Delhi really wants it should not be difficult to setup a special
cell to undertake black ops against expat leaders of the Huji/Jei/Ulfa in ASEAN, myanmar, BD...we have ample people who can fit right into these societies. it will not be possible to corner them in India itself because they work in small units and come and go.

Rye
BRFite
Posts: 1183
Joined: 05 Aug 2001 11:31

Re: Bomb blasts in assam

Postby Rye » 30 Oct 2008 21:56

India needs Mobile Forensic Units with experts that can assist state police in forensics in places where there are no facilities yet -- that would be key to legally snaring all these terrorists and creatures created by the likes of Tarun Gogoi and the INC for political benefit.

And in response to this terrorist bombing, the PM just hands out the usual pointless bromides....

http://www.outlookindia.com/pti_news.asp?id=626600

sugriva
BRFite
Posts: 318
Joined: 15 Jun 2005 20:16
Location: Exposing the uber communist luddites masquerading as capitalists

Re: Bomb blasts in assam

Postby sugriva » 30 Oct 2008 22:08

ramana wrote:Sugriva, Unless you stop your baiting I will be forced to warn you and once you accumulate enough you will get banned. Do you want that?

Ramana Garu,
I am sorry If I hurt anybody. But I just couldn't help stop myself from pointing out the logical fallacy of equating the IA and ULFA. Once again sorry if my post hurt anybody.

vsudhir
BRF Oldie
Posts: 2173
Joined: 19 Jan 2006 03:44
Location: Dark side of the moon

Re: Bomb blasts in assam

Postby vsudhir » 30 Oct 2008 22:10

Muppalla wrote:blowback - Read history of blowback related to Assam. It will scare the hell out of everyone. I do not want to go into details. If India is an elephant, then Assamese are the biggest elephant inside India and when they think of blowback then it is a different story. Current generation hasn't seen it and not realizing the repercussions.


Is this a reference to Nelli? That time was different and that generation has passed on. Doubtful if a Nelli can happen again.

ramana
Forum Moderator
Posts: 47919
Joined: 01 Jan 1970 05:30

Re: Bomb blasts in assam

Postby ramana » 30 Oct 2008 22:12

sugriva wrote:
ramana wrote:Sugriva, Unless you stop your baiting I will be forced to warn you and once you accumulate enough you will get banned. Do you want that?

Ramana Garu,
I am sorry If I hurt anybody. But I just couldn't help stop myself from pointing out the logical fallacy of equating the IA and ULFA. Once again sorry if my post hurt anybody.


No problem.. Lets move on.

RamaY
BRF Oldie
Posts: 17260
Joined: 10 Aug 2006 21:11
Location: http://bharata-bhuti.blogspot.com/

Re: Bomb blasts in assam

Postby RamaY » 30 Oct 2008 22:13

I think time is nearing for all regional secessionist movements (Tamilnadu, kerala, naxals, MNP, JK, and all the movements in NE) to decide which way they want to go… join mainstream society and politics OR join hands with anti-national and external parties and face the wrath of the silent majority…

Could be a blessing in disguise if a nationalistic + secular +non-corrupt leadership comes to power in Delhi.. do we have anyone like that?

Singha
BRF Oldie
Posts: 60362
Joined: 13 Aug 2004 19:42
Location: Lupine but moderately dharmic

Re: Bomb blasts in assam

Postby Singha » 30 Oct 2008 22:33

two articles from yesterday's sentinelassam.com

Suspected Bangladeshis flood Indo-Bhutan border in BTAD
From our Correspondent

GORESWAR, Oct 29: There were only a few Muslim families in the Daranga Mella area in the undivided Nalbari district, now in Baksa under BTAD, but of late more than 5,000 suspected Bangladeshi Muslims have occupied the track of land along the Indo-Bhutan border from Guwabari to Daranga Mella on the foothills of the Himalayas. These people of suspected nationality have not even spared the no-man’s land along the Indo-Bhutan border.

The unabated infiltration of suspected Bangladeshis into the area is posing a grave threat to the local people — demographically, socially and economically. According to allegations, the Bangladeshis have been purchasing land along the Indo-Bhutan border from middlemen who are also immigrant Muslims from the then East Pakistan. There are allegations that people who have no proper documents to back their claim as Indians have been purchasing land without any no-objection certificates (NOCs) from the BTC authorities. Surprisingly, the Tamulpur subdivisional administration is maintaining a stoic silence over the infiltration into the area. The infiltrators have also set up a number of villages along the river bank without any resistance from any quarters.

Following the report, this correspondent paid a visit to Daranga Mella, Kalipur and Guwabari areas and got information of large-scale immigration into the locality.

Talking to this correspondent, many local residents said that there were only a few Muslim families in the area till recently, but now over 5,000 families of suspected nationalities have erected houses and started agricultural activities taking the advantage of the soft stand taken towards them by the government.

When asked if the government was informed of the development, the local people alleged that the Tamulpur subdivisional administration was informed of the matter, following which the Tamulpur SDO and the SDPO visited Nanka Daranga Mella with CRPF and SSB jawans recently and ordered a few families to leave the place within 15 days, but the efforts failed to yield any positive results.

------------

ULFA eyeing China for shelter
GUWAHATI, Oct 29: The United Liberation Front of Asom (ULFA) is now looking to China for shelter following mounting pressure from Myanmar and Bangladesh with the outfit’s “commander-in-chief”

Paresh Baruah now believed to be somewhere near the Myanmar-China border scouting for help to relocate its bases, intelligence officials said.

Police and intelligence officials said there could be up to 50 ULFA militants now holed up in China’s Yunnan Province led by its ‘Lt’ Partha Jyoti Gogoi.

“We also have a report that ULFA’s commander-in-chief Paresh Baruah is now in a temporary base of the outfit located somewhere along the Myanmar-China border after he sneaked into the region from his permanent base in Bangladesh,” a senior intelligence official said on customary conditions of anonymity.

“ULFA is facing the heat from both Bangladesh and Myanmar in recent months and that could be the reason for the outfit to think of alternative bases,” the official said.

“Reports of ULFA setting up bases in China’s Yunnan Province cannot be ruled out given the fact that the outfit’s relation with most of the neighbouring countries is good,” Prabal Neog, pro-talk leader and former commander of ULFA’s 28th battalion, told IANS.

The ULFA team in China, led by Gogoi, is apparently being patronized by the Kachin National Organization (KNO), an ethnic armed group of Myanmar now having some bases in the Yunnan Province. Most of the 50-member ULFA rebels are from Tinsukia district.

“We had bases in Bhutan and Bangladesh, we had been to Nepal before, and then the Pakistani links are well known. In Myanmar we have our main camps and bases and so having links with China is definitely not impossible,” Neog said.

ULFA’s China linkages are, however, not new, but such things were always kept very secret. Paresh Baruah visited China in the 1980s, while ULFA chairman Arabinda Rajkhowa put out an appeal to the Chinese leadership on December 25, 2003 to provide safe passage to the rebels from Bhutan for temporary shelter in China.

Rajkhowa, in his fax communication to the Chinese leadership, said: “We have come under massive attack of Indo-Bhutan joint forces and our combatants have been forced to retreat up to the Sino-Bhutan border due to all out air and artillery campaigns”.
Beijing, however, turned down ULFA’s appeal.

“Logistically speaking it would have no impact on their military campaign by setting up bases in China as the distance would be immense from the Yunnan Province to Asom, probably about 40 to 50 days of trekking,” said Sunil Nath, a well-known writer and former publicity chief of the ULFA.
Nath had surrendered before the authorities in 1991.

It is not that China or sources in China have always maintained a distance from Indian separatists. Indian insurgents had not only visited China in the past for help, but had received assistance from sources within the country.

Leader of the Isak-Muivah faction of the National Socialist Council of Nagaland (NSCN-IM) Thuingaleng Muivah is on record having said the Naga rebels had earlier obtained arms from China.

“More than anything else, it would be a major boost to ULFA’s sagging morale if they manage to set up bases in China. They want to send a message probably that they can extend their base to as far as China,” said Wasbir Hussain, director of the Centre for Development and Peace Studies, a Guwahati-based think-tank. IANS


Return to “Terrorism Archive”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest