BRF Oldie

Re: Firing/Attack in Mumbai

Post by shaardula »

mclaughlin probing kashmir line.
Neela
BRF Oldie

Post by Neela »

Manny wrote:I feel like we have lost our country to the terrorists and its desi supporters who have hijacked our government!
**** Edited.
Last edited by ramana on 27 Nov 2008 03:26, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited. Keep politics out. Ramana
A Arun
BRFite

Post by A Arun »

NDTV: 2 MoFos dead, 2 still alive inside the Taj
Vikramaditya
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Vikramaditya »

Rudradev wrote:Hope all are well, all of you fellow Mumbaikars and your families.

Meanwhile, I submitted the following at CNN's comments page:

Zain Verjee's hyperventilating speculation about "Hindu Terrorism" being involved in the ongoing Mumbai attacks is not only baseless, but it's also in very bad taste. A Muslim terrorist organization has already claimed responsibility for the attack, as for a large number of earlier attacks against Indian civilians. Meanwhile, not a single allegation of terrorism has been legally proven against any Hindu group at any time.

Perhaps Ms. Verjee's editorializing derives from the fact that she is herself a practicing Muslim. As far as journalistic credibility is concerned, her accusing Hindu Terrorists for the ongoing Mumbai attacks ranks right up there with Pakistanis and Al-Qaeda blaming "Israeli Zionists" for 9-11.
Well done Rudraji . Sad specimens our country is producing ... is this the same land were Chatrapati Shivji stood up to the bigots ? really really sad day.
sunilUpa
BRFite

Post by sunilUpa »

Two terrorists captured?

2 killed, 9 arrested and 3 detained
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

Rohit Chandravakar (sorry if I got the spelling wrong), on CNN.com (USA), mentioning Islamic outfits and fidayeen type of attacks.
Vivek Sreenivasan
BRFite

Post by Vivek Sreenivasan »

Fanne i wasent hugging anyone after Delhi blasts you ****. I will say the same thing here, this major attack should be used as a pretext to target all muslims indiscriminantly. That way were playing into the hands of terrorists. Get the perpertrators and planners.
Last edited by ramana on 27 Nov 2008 03:29, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: No name calling. ramana
Neela
BRF Oldie

Post by Neela »

If this is not a tipping point then what is?

Or have I been a little too patient this entire year?
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

shaardula wrote:mclaughlin probing kashmir line.

Some one tell mofo that Kashmir is North and not in Deccan!
kshirin
BRFite

Post by kshirin »

For the first time the western media is equating a terror attack on India with a terror attack on themselves and we are taking offence!!? Also for the first time the western media has devoted more than 5 minutes to a terror attack in India. Fox, a news channel I used to equate with Sarah Palin's mouthpiece, even paid a warm tribute to the "fastest growing economy on the planet" and closed its clip with a heartfelt tribute to India's spirit. It is true they will interpret it through their own lenses and our government and media also always specify "No Indians killed" in foreign terror attacks, so it isn't surprising if CNN says that too. Why should we shun friendship now in our hour of peril?
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

ramana wrote:
Jagan wrote:Zain Verjee actually implied they caught hindu terrorists for earlier commuter train bombings. my jaw dropped!
Well now you know what the Malegoan inqusistion after effects are? There will be no more Islamist terror only Hindu self inflicted terror.

See SwamyG who has been on this forum for quite some time is also doubtful about who did this? What to expect which way the tree falls?
Ramana garu: I just want to cross the ts and dot the is. What I know in my heart, I just want to get it validated from the guru log here. I am suspicious of the government now, they can twist and turn this in any way. And I wanted some kind of reassurance from the experts here on the modus operandi of different groups.
Neela
BRF Oldie

Post by Neela »

Vivek Sreenivasan wrote:Fanne i wasent hugging anyone after Delhi blasts you ****. I will say the same thing here, this major attack should be used as a pretext to target all muslims indiscriminantly. That way were playing into the hands of terrorists. Get the perpertrators and planners.

Yes, yes oh yes!! Lets bring it out into the open. And wipe the entire gene pool and contorted brains to the west!
Abhi_G
BRFite

Post by Abhi_G »

Mumbai CST is blood red...
sunilUpa
BRFite

Post by sunilUpa »

Poor policemen without any protection, no BPJ armed with SLR!

Taj tookdown sophisticated security system just last week!
Last edited by sunilUpa on 27 Nov 2008 03:33, edited 1 time in total.
vivek_ahuja
BRF Oldie

Post by vivek_ahuja »

Neela wrote:If this is not a tipping point then what is?
What tipping point? Didn't you hear dear old MMS saying he has condemned the attacks? You think he is going to do more? Pigs will fly before that happens...
Last edited by vivek_ahuja on 27 Nov 2008 03:33, edited 1 time in total.
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

ramana wrote:A new outfit will claim responsibility and the govt will chadse its tail while the real perpetrators are sipping zam zam coal over goat kababs.

Just nuke the pukis and then say sorry.
Na, time to evaporate Sunni Jihadi Kashmiri Muslims and their leadership in thin air. Use them as raw material to produce electricity.

MMS should resign as he dont wish/act like the PM of majority Indians.
shynee
BRFite

Post by shynee »

Yes, Indeed. CNN International is continuously broadcasting the attack.
kshirin wrote:For the first time the western media is equating a terror attack on India with a terror attack on themselves
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Folks dont go after Vivek Sreenivasan. He has expressed his despair at turn of events. Need to rally one and all.
rgsrini
BRFite

Post by rgsrini »

Also, Pakistan is desperately trying to link Afganistan to Kashmir after Obama's victory. We need to also analyze if this is in anyway related to this. If terrorists openly leave links to TSP, it will force India to mobilize near the border, which will force TSP to pull out of Afganistan compromising the war on Afganistan.

This will reinforce Obama administration belief that resolution of Kashmir is fundamental to resolve Afgan issues.

I am waiting for analysis from B. Raman and others soon.
vivek_ahuja
BRF Oldie

Post by vivek_ahuja »

shynee wrote:Yes, Indeed. CNN International is continuously broadcasting the attack.
That will last only till the safety of the American citizens is in question. After that its business as usual.
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

ramana wrote:
shaardula wrote:mclaughlin probing kashmir line.

I have this horrid feeling that there may be some sort of Hyderabad connection, therefore the Deccan *&^%$
wamanrao
BRFite -Trainee

Post by wamanrao »

Nariman House has hostages, but Times is reporting that they are all dead.

Apparently Israeli citizens and Indian Jews live here.
Victor
BRF Oldie

Post by Victor »

FWIW, Obama has condemned the attack just now and said the US needs to work with India to fight terror.
sunilUpa
BRFite

Post by sunilUpa »

Terrorists spoke in a language which an Indian inside the Hotel didn't understand!
NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

CNN reporting that Taj recently removed a metal detector!!!
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Yeah but why Mumbai? It would be in Hyderabad. So now that they have three detainees, we will know unless there is a cover up.

I wonder if the Army units are regular troop or those for Close quarter battle formations. Anyway lets see.

PTI is terrible. Not one update. They should be stripped of their money contributions.

can some one do a screen capture for later use?
VickersB
BRFite -Trainee

Post by VickersB »

apparently some characters were holed in the bldg.(nariman) from a few days and today they had some sort of lamb feast - cnnibn
shaardula
BRF Oldie

Post by shaardula »

somebody narrowly escaped from taj. said about 15 pigs 20-25 years. speaking in a language he didnot understand. asked for his passport.

i dunno if he was a foreigner or a desi.
sunilUpa
BRFite

Post by sunilUpa »

4 pigs have been killed, 9 in custody!
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

Victor wrote:FWIW, Obama has condemned the attack just now and said the US needs to work with India to fight terror.

How, by making noises about rewarding the Terrorist State of Pakisatan.
Yogi_G
BRF Oldie

Post by Yogi_G »

KV Rao wrote:
ramana wrote:
I have this horrid feeling that there may be some sort of Hyderabad connection, therefore the Deccan *&^%$
I cant help but feel that this has something to do with the Somalia pirate attack...crazy me...am I getting into a conspiracy theory mode.... :(( ...

Western journalists kidnapped in Somalia -- http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/africa/11 ... index.html

retribution....Go after the westerners oh and those Indians as well while you are at it and in their land as well...enlist the help of a local Jihadi organization to wash it down....
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

ramana wrote:Yeah but why Mumbai? It would be in Hyderabad. So now that they have three detainees, we will know unless there is a cover up.
If I am not mistaken, Hyderabad has become something of an origination point for many terrorist attacks all over India.
Last edited by KLNMurthy on 27 Nov 2008 03:42, edited 1 time in total.
Sridhar
BRFite

Post by Sridhar »

Really pathetic to see the media harassing the people who are coming out of the hotel and still shell-shocked. Distressing to see some of them pleading with the mediaperson to leave them alone - but no, the guy kept asking if he saw casualties, whether he had friends/family inside etc.
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

shaardula wrote:somebody narrowly escaped from taj. said about 15 pigs 20-25 years. speaking in a language he didnot understand. asked for his passport.

i dunno if he was a foreigner or a desi.
if cnn-ibn is the source then the said eye-witness is a londoner.
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

Except for Taj and a women/children's hospital all other places are under control.
hnair
Forum Moderator

Post by hnair »

Can folks please calm down? Most of my life, I was no fan of the GoI of the day. But not today.

Dr Singh needs all the support he needs from **all** of us and so do the people of Mumbai, the police who fought and fell down. LKA got it right in giving enough space for Dr Singh to act. Let us not mess it up for these two leaders.

We had a string of achievements the past few months - right from cutting edge military-aerospace projects to dominance in sports. We need to continue on that self-confident route. This fight should be taken away from the streets of Mumbai, and taken elsewhere. Right now we are fighting them on *our* streets.

There is one capital that has been peaceful, when terrorists strikes all over the world. And that capital is not in the west nor is it islamabad. We need better answers than "pakis did it".
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

Yogi_G wrote:[]

I cant help but feel that this has something to do with the Somalia pirate attack...crazy me...am I getting into a conspiracy theory mode.... :(( ...

Western journalists kidnapped in Somalia -- http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/africa/11 ... index.html

retribution....Go after the westerners oh and those Indians as well while you are at it and in their land as well...enlist the help of a local Jihadi organization to wash it down....
Wouldn't surprise me if the somali pirates are paying a lucrative 'tax' to the terrorists, and hitting back at their business is a threat to the terrorists' pocketbook.
Last edited by KLNMurthy on 27 Nov 2008 03:49, edited 1 time in total.
vivek_ahuja
BRF Oldie

Post by vivek_ahuja »

ramana wrote:Yeah but why Mumbai? It would be in Hyderabad.
Why would you attack your organizational point and attract attention?
Victor
BRF Oldie

Post by Victor »

ramana wrote: I wonder if the Army units are regular troop or those for Close quarter battle formations.
No hope of that. The Grenadiers are regular troops without any specialized training AFAIK. I don't believe we have any troops specially trained for pitched battles in urban environment like Israelis do. NSG seem to be mainly to protect politicians.
Yogi_G
BRF Oldie

Post by Yogi_G »

wamanrao wrote:Nariman House has hostages, but Times is reporting that they are all dead.

Apparently Israeli citizens and Indian Jews live here.
Seems to be well planned... perpetrators seem to have good connections and contacts....

I bet this will draw the ire of Israelis....India :twisted: + Israel :twisted: == TSP :((