Terror Attacks in Mumbai

vavinash
BRFite

Re: Firing/Attack in Mumbai

Post by vavinash »

EDITED
Last edited by Jagan on 27 Nov 2008 05:46, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Just one more....
svinayak
BRF Oldie

Post by svinayak »

rgsrini
BRFite

Post by rgsrini »

Any news about the hijacked police jeep. I hope those pigs were mowed down as well.
rgsrini
BRFite

Post by rgsrini »

Administrators,
Can you please withdraw Vavinash's posting privileges for a while? He seems to be out of sorts.
R_Kumar
BRFite

Post by R_Kumar »

One thing is sure that this time Pakistan will point its finger to Indian Army. Talk about self goal.
Can anyone guess here what will be the GOI steps?
jmaxwell
BRFite -Trainee

Post by jmaxwell »

I hate to bring it up at a time like this but Indian journalists really need some coaching on how to talk on television. I haven't heard a single broadcast where every other word hasn't been an "uh" especially from the reporters on the scene. It really is very distracting and annoying.
Ujjal
BRFite

Post by Ujjal »

please, this is not the time or the place.
Last edited by Rahul M on 27 Nov 2008 05:37, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: edited OT post.
George J
BRFite

Post by George J »

CNN-IBN showed shots of "army commandos" evacuating injured to INS Ashvini (these could be MACROS). It took 5-6 of them to evacuate one of their injured brothers (note very well equipped wearing blue BPJ which provides full torso protection but in camo fatigues).

They really need the 200 well rested NSG to take over sterilizing each room. Its a room by room, floor by floor operation.
R_Kumar
BRFite

Post by R_Kumar »

Ujjal wrote:MSM is stressing that if India "jumps into a conclusion" too soon and considers taking some sort of action against TSP then it would be a nightmare for the Obama administration (OA).

It wouldn't be surprising to see OA pressuring India to keep things under the rug to save their "inexperienced" asses.
Forget about direct war with TSP. Not gonna happen. Even BJP can't go for direct war.
We need to figure out some other solution.
Anujan
Forum Moderator

Post by Anujan »

rgsrini wrote:Any news about the hijacked police jeep. I hope those pigs were mowed down as well.
I hope they get caught alive. I want to know who did it.
R_Kumar
BRFite

Post by R_Kumar »

jmaxwell wrote:I hate to bring it up at a time like this but Indian journalists really need some coaching on how to talk on television. I haven't heard a single broadcast where every other word hasn't been an "uh" especially from the reporters on the scene. It really is very distracting and annoying.
You are right especially ladies from IBN. Once I got so annoyed that I took a long break from TV.
vsudhir
BRF Oldie

Post by vsudhir »

R_Kumar wrote:
Ujjal wrote:MSM is stressing that if India "jumps into a conclusion" too soon and considers taking some sort of action against TSP then it would be a nightmare for the Obama administration (OA).

It wouldn't be surprising to see OA pressuring India to keep things under the rug to save their "inexperienced" asses.
Forget about direct war with TSP. Not gonna happen. Even BJP can't go for direct war.
I agree. Like Ramana ji said, nuke TSP and say sorry later. In the meantime, to contribute to porki eggro-culture, build more dams on the indus riverine system.

Start special forces ops inside POK and the NA. Basic things. Provoke the TSPA like the PLA is doing on our Tibet border.
BijuShet
BRFite

Post by BijuShet »

It is sad to see Zee TV USA broadcasting reruns of old episodes of their shows (it seems they have some sort of western Indian Cine Employee Assocn strike going on) rather than switch the Zee TV USA to their news channel programming at this moment of peril. When our own media do not realize the gravity of the situation can you blame others for poor reporting on India and her tragedies. They are going to hear from me atleast. I urge other overseas subscribing patrons to write as well. They need to get their priorities straight.
Anant
BRFite

Post by Anant »

I heard on IBN Live that there was a blast near Prabhadevi or opposite Chowpatty. This indicates this event is still on going. By the way, rgsrini give it a rest ok (I'd say something more blunt to you but I'll bite my tongue). We are all sane enough not to equate a religion in some blanket fashion with terrorism but sometimes the data indicates otherwise. Let the mods do their job in moderating the discussion. The user you refer to has raised some valid points backed by objective evidence. Eventually the thermostat on all Indians is going to burst and like it or not it's going to happen on religious grounds. No one wants vigilantism and I am not advocating for it but something _major_ needs to be done. Now. Please let your loved ones know to stay in and be safe.
BijuShet
BRFite

Post by BijuShet »

vsudhir wrote:
R_Kumar wrote: Forget about direct war with TSP. Not gonna happen. Even BJP can't go for direct war.
I agree. Like Ramana ji said, nuke TSP and say sorry later. In the meantime, to contribute to porki eggro-culture, build more dams on the indus riverine system.

Start special forces ops inside POK and the NA. Basic things. Provoke the TSPA like the PLA is doing on our Tibet border.
Can India not have it's Clinton moment of 1998 when they fired cruise missiles into Afghanistan and Sudan. We have identified active training camps in POK and we have Brahmos. Can this not be the right moment to test these weapons? I dont think the world would be complaining too much about a few dead terrorist inside Pok. We can even share the honors with Pakis for sharing the location of these camps with us and say that we have done this difficult deed for them as well. We understand they are victims of terror too and given how difficult this terrain is for Paki troops to tackle we used our specialized weapons to minimize collateral damage to innocent residents of Pok.
Ujjal
BRFite

Post by Ujjal »

MSNBC:

Hostage stand-off continues
One hotel yet to be cleared
One American hurt, no deaths
Rohit_K
BRFite

Post by Rohit_K »

lakshmic wrote:
rgsrini wrote:Any news about the hijacked police jeep. I hope those pigs were mowed down as well.
I hope they get caught alive. I want to know who did it.
both the pigs have been gunned down on Marine Drive according to CNN-IBN
vijyeta
BRFite -Trainee

Post by vijyeta »

Times now is broadcasting a direct conversation with a hostage - she is supposedly a doctor using her cell phone
vijyeta
BRFite -Trainee

Post by vijyeta »

vijyeta wrote:Times now is broadcasting a direct conversation with a hostage - she is supposedly a doctor using her cell phone
Clarification - NOT a hostage but somebody stuck inside and hiding - with an injured man next to her
Ujjal
BRFite

Post by Ujjal »

One of the pictures of the attackers floating around --

Are these kids or what?
Raja
BRFite

Post by Raja »

Is that picture been confirmed. I wouldnt be surprised if it is a hoax.
sunilUpa
BRFite

Post by sunilUpa »

9 pigs are dead.
RavinM
BRFite -Trainee

Post by RavinM »

the TOI has shown the picture of the chap with the blue bag in a different pose or camera! {Thank you for that contribution, now we know you can yell obscenities, but please let us know if you have useful posts to contribute}
Last edited by enqyoob on 27 Nov 2008 08:35, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: gratuitous obscenity
kasper
BRFite -Trainee

Post by kasper »

I think the picture of the person on the left is the same one that has been shown as dead on IBN...

username changed to kasper,
Rahul.
BijuShet
BRFite

Post by BijuShet »

shiv wrote:
BijuShet wrote: Can India not have it's Clinton moment of 1998 when they fired cruise missiles into Afghanistan and Sudan. We have identified active training camps in POK and we have Brahmos.
How about a Brahmos on Varanasi, Tirupati and Amarnath to combat Hindu terrorism? Gosh so much sleep to be lost but I slept soundly last night.
Looks like the good doctor has kept his sense of humor alive in these tough times. Any more prescriptions or are we just going to get sarcasm placebo for today.
RavinM
BRFite -Trainee

Post by RavinM »

40 hostages in trident --as per TOI
Anant
BRFite

Post by Anant »

If you can screen grab the dead d____bag's photo, I'd like it please. I'm going to print it and spit on it. Worthless loser. How many Indian citizens are armed vis a vie Americans? {rant condensed, thanks}. Give peace a chance. Nuke Pukistan.
Last edited by enqyoob on 27 Nov 2008 08:39, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: exceeded recommended daily allowance of ranting
Duangkomon
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Duangkomon »

An aussie trapped in Taj said he saw 2 terrorists who looked 17 years old throwing grenades. The photo confirms this.
rgsrini
BRFite

Post by rgsrini »

I am watching CNN in US and they are showing clips from CNN IBN and several times there was a scrolling news in the bottom of CNN IBN that is referring to Malegaon blasts (Hindu terrorists) and Sadhvi's arrest etc. This is being broadcasted through out the world and will be a permanent image for ever. Any subliminal message being sent here... or do you think it is a coincidence?
Last edited by rgsrini on 27 Nov 2008 06:06, edited 1 time in total.
RavinM
BRFite -Trainee

Post by RavinM »

{Pls go rant somewhere else, thx}
Last edited by enqyoob on 27 Nov 2008 08:40, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: waste of bandwidth
Yogi_G
BRF Oldie

Post by Yogi_G »

Duangkomon wrote:An aussie trapped in Taj said he saw 2 terrorists who looked 17 years old throwing grenades. The photo confirms this.
OMG....mis-guided brain-washed bandhey after their 72s....
shyamd
BRF Oldie

Post by shyamd »

edited.
Last edited by Rahul M on 27 Nov 2008 06:11, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: plz don't divulge operational details
sunilUpa
BRFite

Post by sunilUpa »

11 policemen killed.

RIP Brothers!

I heard firing at Taj just now..multiple twin shots
Last edited by sunilUpa on 27 Nov 2008 06:12, edited 1 time in total.
RavinM
BRFite -Trainee

Post by RavinM »

{See advice above}
Last edited by enqyoob on 27 Nov 2008 08:41, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: waste of bandwidth
rgsrini
BRFite

Post by rgsrini »

For what it is worth, one more thing to note. The third rate power UK's premier mouth piece BBC is still not using the word "Terrorists" in their front page "bbc.co.uk". It is using the word "gunmen".

I hope a couple of Britishers were also affected by this attack. That will teach them...
Last edited by rgsrini on 27 Nov 2008 06:15, edited 1 time in total.
Yogi_G
BRF Oldie

Post by Yogi_G »

rgsrini wrote:I am watching CNN in US and they are showing clips from CNN IBN and several times there was a scrolling news in the bottom of CNN IBN that is referring to Malegaon blasts (Hindu terrorists) and Sadhvi's arrest etc. This is being broadcasted through out the world and will be a permanent image for ever. Any subliminal message being sent here... or do you think it is a coincidence?
Unbiased Politically correct reporting...IBN is to CNN what Blair was to Bush...
Ujjal
BRFite

Post by Ujjal »

Ujjal wrote:One of the pictures of the attackers floating around --

Are these kids or what?

CNN and AP just confirmed this picture.
Anant
BRFite

Post by Anant »

Terrorists also on the 18th and 19th floor of Oberoi. Confirmation anyone? These retards need a quick trip to their virgins also. We all know these are Paki but what language are they speaking? Some Afghani spill over or Bangladeshi variants?
shyamd
BRF Oldie

Post by shyamd »

There are still terrorists in the hotels. 3 - 4 in Trident hotel. People still stuck in Taj and Trident. Encounter still going on.

These pictures are on every major news network and newspaper.
Primus
BRFite

Post by Primus »

CNN: Indonesian expert says it is the Indian Mujahiddin outfit that is involved.

I suppose the spin is going to be that this too, however 'serious' it may be, is home-grown indian terrorism thus establishing all terrorism in India as indigenous. Nobody is going to talk of Terror Inc. across our border. The politicians are going to do their usual and customary song and dance and that will be it. Gradually the western confidence in India is going to erode and Pakistan would have won an economic victory of sorts.

If only, instead of foreigners, it was a group of Indian MPs who were at the hotel.