Terror Attacks in Mumbai

Jagan
Webmaster BR

Re: Terror Attacks in Mumbai

Post by Jagan »

The terrorists who carried out the attacks are believed to have entered Mumbai via sea, getting off at Budhwar Park, a place where fishermen come to offload their catch of the day.

And the claim is strengthened further by the fact that the first attacks took place near a petrol pump in Colaba market, which is very close to the park. The attackers were holed up inside a seven-story building in a narrow, deserted lane that connected the Colaba market entrance to the park.

Police have found a yellow, inflatable boat on the shore of the park, which they claim was used by the attackers. They have also seized some items form inside the boat, but have refused to disclose what they are. The boat can easily accommodate six people. The trouble is, no one knows how many times the boat would have shuttled to ferry the terrorists, and therefore the exact number of terrorists involved in the attacks is not known yet.

Police have so far killed two militants and two others have been injured near Girgaon's Chowpatty beach.

The terrorists had also hijacked two vehicles for movement between the different targets - a cream-coloured Skoda car (MH02 JP 1276) and a Qualis (MH01 BA 569) issued to the police. Both these vehicles were later recovered, smeared with blood and windowpanes broken.

Scenes at the Taj hotel were pretty much the same, where RAF, army and NSG personnel were on full guard as guests were being rescued via ladders.

Things were much gory at the Chhatrapati Shivaji terminus, where platforms were smeared with blood and bodies. I was almost in tears. These were later mopped up in the morning, but the entire station wore a deserted look and most trains ran empty
A Arun
BRFite

Post by A Arun »

Barkha Dutt: "We shouldn't make inflamatory statements against Pakistan, as we all know they too are victims of terrorism"
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

nariman house situation seems like initial phase of bluestar to me. very dense mix of people
and bad guys. congested area. its a ugly situation.

barkha seems to have taken a shower and arrived back on scene. pity she didnt hit the bottle
and left us in peace.
Vivek K
BRF Oldie

Post by Vivek K »

A Arun wrote:Barkha Dutt: "We shouldn't make inflamatory statements against Pakistan, as we all know they too are victims of terrorism"
Is she with NDTV still? Let us start a campaign against her and NDTV. She must be fired!!! :evil:
Manu
BRFite

Post by Manu »

A. Goswami asking "When will the world view India's fight with terror, as the same as the world's?"

Israeli Counter-Terrorism Expert Mordechai Kedar: "If the Indian Govt. does not do the job, the world will not do the job for the Indians"

Durrani, says "If this is from Pakistani Soil, this is a very foolish step, as a calm eastern border is in Pak's interest"

Bob Ayers, American CT expert, "Saying there is no proof, as yet, of Paki involvement"

All live on TimesNow
Sai
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Sai »

>>she needs a man and a bottle thats all.

That must be one very macho man or one darned fool.
vishal
BRFite

Post by vishal »

Maroof Raza on Times Now: Terrorists sending a message that the Indian economy might be growing at a fast clip but it is not a place you can do business in. Pakistan is falling behind India and is seeing it's capability to deal with India deteriorate.

Assad Durrani: Says he has heard such things for a long time now. Says we need to avoid coming to conclusions in anger. Says Pakistan can make it's own claims wrt to Afghanistan and Baluchistan. Says we need to come up with a regional solution to make headway.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

I have removed that line from original post to preserve my secular credentials.

meantime a lot of regular IA troopers have been swarmed into trident for some time now.
maybe they want to flood the place from lower floor upward and check for explosives,
hidden people and dead bodies thoroughly.
vishal
BRFite

Post by vishal »

Brahma Chellaney on Times Now: Says everyone knows that the Pakistan-Afghanistan belt is the source of terror. Brings up the embassy bombing in Afghanistan. We uncover evidence each time but do not take action based on political considerations.
bart
BRFite

Post by bart »

Raju wrote:
vishal wrote:Assad Durrani, former DG of ISI, is 'live' on Times Now.
and he is not refusing that it could be a Pakistan hand.

I think when compared with the usual flat denials and brazen counter-claims of India having fabricated the attacks or sponsoring attacks in Pakistan, the very fact that a rabid dog like that sounds remotely concilliatory means:
1> Pakistan/Pakistanis is/are complicit in the attacks
2> There is evidence that they cannot deny
3> Pakistan is feeling less solidarity from the people in the west they do mujra for
4> They are genuinely scared or at least worried about Indian reaction.

Time to smell the blood and go for it.
Last edited by bart on 27 Nov 2008 21:08, edited 1 time in total.
Sai
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Sai »

>>I have removed that line from original post to preserve my secular credentials.

This is not an appropriate time to say things like this but can't resist: you'll have to offer me 72 houris to have sex with that lady.
Dmurphy
BRFite

Post by Dmurphy »

Times Now: 7 Terrorists shot dead now

and 5 more Goras rescued. Looks like they're doing it 'step by step'. We need to be patient.
Last edited by Dmurphy on 27 Nov 2008 21:09, edited 1 time in total.
Neela
BRF Oldie

Post by Neela »

Vivek K wrote:
A Arun wrote:Barkha Dutt: "We shouldn't make inflamatory statements against Pakistan, as we all know they too are victims of terrorism"
Is she with NDTV still? Let us start a campaign against her and NDTV. She must be fired!!! :evil:
Please..pretty please
Manu
BRFite

Post by Manu »

Mordechai Kedar openly claims that only a partitioned and broken-up Pakistan will suffice. Any talks of "joint Ops" are BS, per him. The Tribalism in these Islamic States is stronger than the State itself.

Only the Yank is backing Pakis 100%. He is saying that even if the Terrorists are Pakistanis, it does not mean that the Pakistani State is to blame.
Raju

Post by Raju »

Bob Ayers is beginning to sound like BS to himself.
bart
BRFite

Post by bart »

Manu wrote: Only the Yank is backing Pakis 100%. He is saying that even if the Terrorists are Pakistanis, it does not mean that the Pakistani State is to blame.
Expect a lot more of that crap now that the Democrat pals of the Clintons, Halfbright, etc run the show.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

milindc wrote: Suhel Seth is my media hero.
Mine too.

He said all that we have said on here and more. For a few seconds I though god had given my mouth to him - but no - he said things much better than I would have done.

I loved the way he pointed out the fact that so many security personeel had lost their lives and so mny people killed and MMS comes on TV tody and says 'We have to think about what to do about terror" (or something of the sort)
svinayak
BRF Oldie

Post by svinayak »

http://www.youtube.com/v/dSpm9W20McA

Text of the PM's address to the nation

Following is the text of the Prime Minister, Dr. Manmohan Singh’s address to the Nation :

“Dear Citizens,

The dastardly terror attacks that took place in Mumbai last night and today leading to the loss of many precious lives and injuries to many others have deeply shocked the nation. I strongly condemn these acts of senseless violence against innocent people, including guests from foreign countries. I offer my deepest condolences to the bereaved families and sympathies to those injured. The Government will take all necessary measures to look after the wellbeing of the affected families, including medical treatment of injured.

The well-planned and well-orchestrated attacks, probably with external linkages, were intended to create a sense of panic, by choosing high profile targets and indiscriminately killing foreigners.

I salute the courage and patriotism of the police officers, including the Chief of the Anti-Terror Squad, Shri Hemant Karkare and men who have laid down their lives in fighting these terrorists. I assure the country that we will attend in an urgent and serious manner to police reform so that the law and order authorities can work unitedly, effectively and in a determined manner to tackle such threats to national integrity.

We are not prepared to countenance a situation in which the safety and security of our citizens can be violated with impunity by terrorists. It is evident that the group which carried out these attacks, based outside the country, had come with single-minded determination to create havoc in the commercial capital of the country.

We will take the strongest possible measures to ensure that there is no repetition of such terrorist acts. We are determined to take whatever measures are necessary to ensure the safety and security of our citizens.

Instruments like the National Security Act will be employed to deal with situations of this kind. Existing laws will be tightened to ensure that there are no loopholes available to terrorists to escape the clutches of the law. Most importantly, it is essential to immediately set up a Federal Investigation Agency to go into terrorist crimes of this kind and ensure that the guilty are brought to book.

We will take up strongly with our neighbours that the use of their territory for launching attacks on us will not be tolerated, and that there would be a cost if suitable measures are not taken by them. We will take a number of measures to strengthen the hands of our police and intelligence authorities. We will curb the flow of funds to suspect organizations. We will restrict the entry of suspects into the country. We will go after these individuals and organizations and make sure that every perpetrator, organizer and supporter of terror, whatever his affiliation or religion may be, pays a heavy price for these cowardly and horrific acts against our people.

In this hour of tragedy, I appeal to the people to maintain peace and harmony so that the enemies of our country do not succeed in their nefarious designs. All concerned authorities are on alert and will deal sternly with any attempts to disturb public order.

I am confident that the people of India will rise unitedly to face this grave challenge to the nation’s security and integrity.

Jai Hind !”
Mihaylo
BRFite

Post by Mihaylo »

Vivek K wrote:
No seriously, what can we do to launch a campaign to get her fired from NDTV ?
Raju

Post by Raju »

Only the Yank is backing Pakis 100%. He is saying that even if the Terrorists are Pakistanis, it does not mean that the Pakistani State is to blame.
that is because he himself might be hand-in-glove with the ISI-CIA.

we need to relook terrorism entirely.
the concept of hydra-headed dragon with cetralized control in hands of CIA-type organization and remote nodes like ISI sponsored modules, and nodes in Indian political class itself and spread out over the region and
others spread out to rest of the world working in close co-ordination.

If we look at it like that, then the statements made apologists like Bob Ayers will begin to make sense.
Who appointed these self-proclaimed terror experts anyway.
Last edited by Raju on 27 Nov 2008 21:16, edited 1 time in total.
VinodTK
BRF Oldie

Post by VinodTK »

vishal
BRFite

Post by vishal »

Maroof Raza on Times Now: Someone on the show said earlier that India needs it's own SAS and GIGN but what we have in NSG and others is more than enough to give anyone a run for their money. We have the military capability to deal with this problem. Each govt. has proven to be weaker than the one before it.

Brahma Chellaney: Terrorism has become linked to votebank politics and that affects our capability to respond to it.

Assad Durrani: Says the mindset of Brahma C & Maroof R worries him. Even if the assumption of Pakistan's involvement was accepted you would need to co-opt Pakistan to deal with the situation.

Arnab Goswami: If we talk to Pakistan because it was involved in the Mumbai attacks we will be doing so with a gun to our heads. If Pakistan was not involved and we still talk, we will do so with a gun to our backs.

Wrap up.
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

Suel Seth, on which TV is he in? TIA

Just caught some segments of the former ISI chief being part of a panel on Times Now. Looks like he was dishing it out.
p_saggu
BRFite

Post by p_saggu »

any link to times now webcast?
A Arun
BRFite

Post by A Arun »

Star News: Terrorists probably hijacked an Indian fishing boat 'Kuber' near Pakistani waters. Kuber's captain found killed.
lakshmikanth
BRFite

Fidayeen Attack Vs. Suicide Bombing

Post by lakshmikanth »

I always wondered why the pigs and the pig company (AQ/LET et al) never did a suicide car/bus/truck bombing in India.

After seeing yesterdays attack, I think Fidayeen attack is way more effecient than a truck bomb. This is a scary development, because coordinated Fidayeen attack to create Mayhem at one place as a diversion while the real muscle does the real work (round up US/Israeli hostages and murder them) can cause our poorly equipped first reaction force (aka the police) to get confused.

This gives me a hint of the rationale to conduct a suicide bombing:- the security systems in place have a very small gap and the only way to slip a bomb in and escape alive has a probability of 0. So if you doont want to get caught, you would go with that bomb.

if the security systems have a large gap its easy to slip in and get out, or in the Mumbai case its easy to slip in and do a lot more damage as a Fidayeen.

<chest beat>
I think we will see more of this in the coming year.
</chest beat>
Raj
BRFite

Post by Raj »

p_saggu wrote:any link to times now webcast?
http://www.idesitv.com
vishal
BRFite

Post by vishal »

Live reporting from the Taj had been stopped by the police as they felt the journos were putting themselves at risk. More likely something was going down or in.
vishal
BRFite

Post by vishal »

Times Now identifying by name the army officer leading the SAG operation at Nariman House.
NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

This is Kargil all over again.
GuruNandan
BRFite -Trainee

Post by GuruNandan »

Listen to the chilling audio of a couple of terrorists

http://ishare.rediff.com/filevideo-Terr ... 519886.php

http://ishare.rediff.com/filevideo-2nd- ... 519881.php

The journalists are trying to talk to the terrorists and they are invoking the teachings
of Islam to justify their action.
nick
BRFite -Trainee

Post by nick »

It's with great sadness that I write this, my first post to this forum. Let me start by extending my deepest sympathy to all the victims, their families and all your countrymen. I had the great honor and privilege to attend the Defence Services Staff College as an exchange officer, and I can reiterate what many have already posted on this forum, that the Defence Services have the mettle, courage and capability to find these ******** and destroy them. Jai Hind!
Victor
BRF Oldie

Post by Victor »

Barkha interviewed Shobha De who ripped the politicians saying they should stay out of Mumbai, let the forces do their job without meddling and give up their security people to protect citizens. Said that if one hair on one of the "leaders" was touched, we'd see a completely different reaction. PM's statement was disgusting in its lack of metal. Left Barkha dazed by her disgust seems like.
Dmurphy
BRFite

Post by Dmurphy »

NRao wrote:This is Kargil all over again.
And later, perhaps it will be Operation Parakram all over again
Vivek Sreenivasan
BRFite

Post by Vivek Sreenivasan »

I cant believe how long this saga is lasting....simply unbelievable, its not like were negotiating with them. The battle itself is taking so long. Just goes to show how heavily armed the pigs must be to be able to put up such stiff resistance for a very extended period of time.
p_saggu
BRFite

Post by p_saggu »

Thanks Raj !
Baljeet
BRFite

Post by Baljeet »

SandeepA wrote:I was speaking to a Sikh friend of mine and he thinks MMS is a blackmark on his community worse than Bhindranwale. His words 'After Ranjit Singh we have our first Sikh leading a united India against jihadi onslaught and look what a wimp we have'
SandeepA
I agree.
Vivek Sreenivasan
BRFite

Post by Vivek Sreenivasan »

Thanks for your sentiments nick, the armed forces will get these ******** no doubt, as inevitable as the sun rising.
Ujjal
BRFite

Post by Ujjal »

GuruNandan wrote:Listen to the chilling audio of a couple of terrorists

http://ishare.rediff.com/filevideo-Terr ... 519886.php

http://ishare.rediff.com/filevideo-2nd- ... 519881.php

The journalists are trying to talk to the terrorists and they are invoking the teachings
of Islam to justify their action.
Thanks for posting.

He is a 100% Pakjabi.
kit
BRF Oldie

Post by kit »

How much and what is the weaponry likely being used by the militants? Guns like AK47 tend to spray out a lot of bullets to kill indiscriminately.But it seems some other types of weapons like RPG s are used as well as semtex.But interesting part is the guns.. different types for more specialized purposes ?!