Terror Attacks in Mumbai

fanne
BRF Oldie

Re: Terror Attacks in Mumbai

Post by fanne »

HOW COME WHEN i SEE this site I get to see another turd - Thapar, under whose dad India lost its only battle, a son of a oser, he is a loser himself.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

removed - note earlier post edit - thanks
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

Jagan wrote:Has this been posted before?
http://mediaservice.digitaltoday.in/ind ... -BP-46.jpg
A police vehicle hijacked by terrorists and abandoned near Vidhan Sabha Bhawan is checked by a bomb squad official on Thursday, November 27, 2008. Photo: Bhaskar Paul/India Today

http://indiatoday.digitaltoday.in/index ... t_bottom=0
For the men behind, they are so close..a power explosion can rip them as well. why why?
Stan_Savljevic
BRF Oldie

Post by Stan_Savljevic »

If Rahul Bose is an elite of India, India needs to feel ashamed.

Sagarika put a question to BRaman sir about whether this is a qaeda operation against America on Indian soil. BRaman said yes, or similar stuff. Maybe CST attacks did not register in Sagarika's heads.

Rajdeep said, Nariman House is known to be a residence for Israelis. The last time I checked there were Indian Jews there.
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

I know no point spewing venom, but zain verjee on CNN with profuse concern for Americans and careful avoidance of saying anything against TSP. Quintessential state dept mouthpiece on the 'free press'. Last night she was even more outrageous; this could done by "Hindu extremists" or "other militants".
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

Harish, which channel did you see this? - the TOI reporter thing.

so its likely only two of the team caught alive so far.

this third team, who attacked leopold,cama hospital, CST, killed the ATS top officers was
it the same squad whose taxi blew up near sahar somewhere?
it looks like they made good their escape right? the girlie boy is still at large...
or were they in multiple vehicles and the 2 caught and 1 killed in skoda octavia
marine drive was a part of this 3rd team?

CNN.

Of the nine suspects arrested in connection with the attacks, seven are fishermen. Police also found a boat loaded with explosives near the Taj, which is located on the waterfront.

"Those men were wearing jackets and they carried big big bags," one fisherman told CNN-IBN

Said another: "We asked, 'Where are you coming from?' They said, 'Go do your work.'"

The gunmen then hijacked cars -- including a police van -- and broke up into at least three groups to carry out the attacks, police said.

One group headed toward the Cafe Leopold, a popular hangout for Western tourists, firing indiscriminately at passers-by on the street. They then opened fire and lobbed grenades at the Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus railway station, a Victorian building.

As police rushed to the scene of the attacks, gunmen attacked the Cama Hospital. Two other groups attacked the Oberoi and Taj hotels.
Last edited by Singha on 27 Nov 2008 22:06, edited 1 time in total.
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

Lots of news coming out, but is there something on how the "mothership" or the boats came from Karachi and the IN or Coastal Guards did not intercept them? There was some news about IN looking at MV ALpha and saying the papers were all correct.
p_saggu
BRFite

Post by p_saggu »

Kapil Sibal on CNBC interviewed by Karan Thapar says
"These terrorists are not targetting people at random They had their targets identfied - ATS chief for one. SAys they have set up business in taj and trident.
Says they came over by boats from the ship in the sea, few were present in Taj and Trident earlier, were carrying not AK-47s they are carrying MP-6s"
Indrajit
BRFite

Post by Indrajit »

Hariprasad wrote:What could be the purpose of constant setting of fire? The Taj is again on fire.
Diversion,creating confusion among the trapped(not hostage)
I fear the time these pigs already have got since morning,and assuming each are carrying enough RDX/PETN or any good shit,they might have already rigged Old Oberoi towers with that,I fear a nasty final encounter where we might loose a lot of our goodfellas.God forbid that.
Stan_Savljevic
BRF Oldie

Post by Stan_Savljevic »

Ravi Shankar Prasad slapping Sagarika again and again... Wow
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

the CST gang had ak56/74 type weapons, the taj and oberoi seem to be the well schooled elite
and toting MP5 family. they sure prepared well and chose the weapon for the role. in open
areas like CST the ak56/74 with its range and heavy bullet will do more damage than MP-x
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

Wow, was that Karan Thapar. He has really grown old. Could not even recognize him.

And CNN USA was asking should USA get involved. What is BBC and SKY saying there? Are they still covering this non-stop?
kedar.karmarkar
BRFite -Trainee

Post by kedar.karmarkar »

Why arent there tv crews reporting from the cama hospital - i find crews at sensational locations like taj, oberoi and nariman house - there are absolutely no details about the assault at cama hospital and no tv crews there - I find that a bit disconcerting.

in fact since it started i havent seen any footage from cama hospital. strange.
Last edited by kedar.karmarkar on 27 Nov 2008 22:14, edited 1 time in total.
lakshmikanth
BRFite

Post by lakshmikanth »

Hariprasad
BRFite

Post by Hariprasad »

Stan_Savljevic wrote:Ravi Shankar Prasad slapping Sagarika again and again... Wow
Which channel Stan?
milindc
BRFite

Post by milindc »

Massive fire on Taj room, the main Pagoda is still safe, but the fire is near it.
I pray that this building survives.
Earlier Ratan Tata, a true patriot, stated that they will re-build it brick by brick.
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

RajeshA wrote:Now the media is giving air time to terrorists, who are in the middle of killing people. I am not sure, whether this is really a good policy.

The authorities need to treat this as a war and apply wartime censorship rules to media coverage. This is not the time for allowing free coverage of everything. The media reporters I have seen seem to lack any sense of maturity or judgment.
Raj Malhotra
BRFite

Post by Raj Malhotra »

vishal wrote:{Vishal:

Please don't post what u see on TV here. Many terrorists coordinators sitting outside India cannot see what you see on the boob-tube screen, but they sure can see your posts here. If you feel compelled to help them keep their communications going, please consider moving your posting to PakDef.com

I have edited several of your posts to try to take out tactical info / identifying signals etc.

Face it: You are NOT smart enough to restrain yourself from posting this stuff, with your fingers working a heck of a lot faster than your brain. Hence you are DEFINITELY NOT smart enough to figure out which of the items you post will give the terrorists an edge in this or other attacks, and result in the death(s) of innocents and law enforcement professionals seeking to protect or save those innocents.

There will be no more warnings. }
I am constrained to add my two bits-Dear Vishal don't be childish, I did not say anything earlier as it would attracted more attention to your posts. delete some of your other posts also, you know which.
Indrajit
BRFite

Post by Indrajit »

lakshmikanth wrote:Pigs Won:

England tour of India Cancelled.
For the time being,we will have a blood spattered revenge.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

Kedar, the cama hospital was a hit-n-run raid by the third group. but its not clear what
really happened there and casualties if any. maybe they just stood outside and randomly
emptied a couple mags before going to next target.

some of our yapping media could do well to file a full report on this and the domestic
airport taxi blast.
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Re: Fishing boat w 4 crew hijacked

Post by Rahul M »

Amitava wrote:from twitter: Coast Guard says fishing boat with 4 crew hijacked

any details?
GPS and sat phones recovered from board.
Baljeet
BRFite

Post by Baljeet »

Man of the hour, Hon'able Prime Minister. Great Speech....

http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/player/ ... 4&src=news
vishal
BRFite

Post by vishal »

OK.
Last edited by vishal on 27 Nov 2008 22:28, edited 1 time in total.
Stan_Savljevic
BRF Oldie

Post by Stan_Savljevic »

Hariprasad wrote:
Stan_Savljevic wrote:Ravi Shankar Prasad slapping Sagarika again and again... Wow
Which channel Stan?
CNN-IBN. The debate is over... But first Sagarika put a what she called controversial question to BRaman: Should we go for id cards, lesser freedoms, no access to mobile phones etc? Braman answered: Maybe these are long term options. But in the short term, we can have better laws and better implementation of these laws. She immediately sniped this at RSP and said, this must be music to your ears. RSP said, yes we need better laws and better implementation. And then Rahul Bose chimed in from the station saying he wants to respond. His response was, if it is going to be a police state, we would rather not have a state. We, Mumbaikars, have been standing in queues outside the cricket stadium, outside mobile phone bill paying area etc, we dont need a police state. He said, in the USA when the patriot act came into being, it was unpopular not to resist it. And sagarika wanted RSP to respond to RB. RSP said, of course, I am not against a police state, we are a democracy. There are issues involved here. You are again forcing controversial things on me. We need to debate these. and we have been debating these questions in the past. But I am not going to be drawn into this today, not when Mumbai is burning. Rajdeep chimed in from the station in defense of sagarika saying, of course, not today. But we need a debate. These are fundamental questions between freedoms vs human rights. and he had a smirk on his face to end this questioning.
bart
BRFite

Post by bart »

Hardly! The test series is still on.
Vasu
BRFite

Post by Vasu »

How could anybody attend a match or watch it on tv in these times? How can the players, especially the ones from Mumbai, play with a clear head? Cancel the tour if they have to, England can come back again to finish it. This is war, dammit.

I'd rather we stop listening to our impotent politicians' calls for calm and let them hear it wherever they go.
Raju

Post by Raju »

yes, the test series is still on.

but I would not be surprised if there were some abstentations from English side.
George J
BRFite

Post by George J »

I just received some first hand observations.

*There was media covering the VT and Cama Hospital attacks. All the attention (lights and cameras) was focused in that direction

* Mr. Karkare comes there to assess the situation (remember this is like less than 30 mins from T0, and if you hear automatic fire in the city it is assumed it gang war, there is no precedence of a terror attack with automatic weapons in the city, that is why the Police Channels initially assumed its a Gang War)

* When Mr. Karkare arrived ALL the cameras turned towards him and he was surrounded by mediawallahs.

* The terrorist were watching all this happen and it does not take Lahori Logic to figure out that if the mediawallahs have turned their attention from them to someone else that person is important. So basically Mr. Karkare was a marked man from the time he had arrived.

* Mr. Karkare was wearing a BPJ, it does not protect his NECK and it was specifically where they targeted and got him.

Now can you imagine the hulla the mediawallah would have made if the cop requested them to stop filming him, these are the same folks who are giving away sniper positions. How dare the police violate their fundamental right, its their god given right to report, who cares about security.

Will the media take responsibility for making Mr. Karkare a marked man? Hell no, his death makes a better story.
Raj Malhotra
BRFite

Post by Raj Malhotra »

milindc wrote:An abandoned fishing trawler found on Mumbai coast, bodies found in boat.
The scums probably hijacked the boat and brought it in the harbour.
Another boat found abandoned on porbandar.

Per CNN-IBN
I think that a mother ship was launched from Pakistan which off loaded speed boats off the coast of Mumbai. Rest seems unlikely and this Guju boat might have been unlucky enough to chance upon on terrorists by mistake and got killed.

Kangress read some un-named sources are desperate to have a gujrat connection. BBC "Bilkul Bahenchod Corporation" are pointedly saying that it is "indigenous" attack with "perhaps" foreign financing.

For newbies

NDTV=BBC
IBN=CNN
Star=Fox
Tv-18=CNBC
Times group=CIA stooges
sunilUpa
BRFite

Post by sunilUpa »

Nariman bhavan hostages freed.
bart
BRFite

Post by bart »

Vasu wrote:

How could anybody attend a match or watch it on tv in these times? How can the players, especially the ones from Mumbai, play with a clear head? Cancel the tour if they have to, England can come back again to finish it. This is war, dammit.

I'd rather we stop listening to our impotent politicians' calls for calm and let them hear it wherever they go.

The cricket series is an important symbolism. The terrorists wanted foreign teams to stay away from India just like they do from Pakistan.
bart
BRFite

Post by bart »

I wonder amongst all this mess, where the F is Raj Thackeray and what the hell he is doing at the moment to protect his 'Marathi Manoos' against terror.
A Arun
BRFite

Post by A Arun »

NDTV: Encounter at Taj over.
SandeepA
BRFite

Post by SandeepA »

Please ban Vishal
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

bart, you may be right.. but that has to be seen from Englands point of view as well. Vasu is right.. but, from holistic sense, if GoI had some brains and doing something about these thing that is happening again and again.. I have to vote along with Vasu's line of thought.

I know its a hard to say.. but, it is not that difficult sea landings can happening from a peninsular country.. hence no point on India is safe. QED.
Stan_Savljevic
BRF Oldie

Post by Stan_Savljevic »

sagarika parts saying RSP is in a noble mood today. Boy, does nt she hate the bjp?
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

Ghose still going against BJP. And keeps saying BJP should not politicise these. No shame. Yuck thoo. The liberal stations in USA are lot better than these pseudo-secular TV stations of India.
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

Vasu wrote:

it's outright callous and cruel to enjoy watching cricket when your countrymen are being slaughtered like animals.

I've had enough of this spirit business. tosh !

if we can't put our house in order after so many provocations we deserve to have our way of life snatched away from us.
Praveen
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Praveen »

NDTV: according to Sr army official "There is Pakistani involvement"
sunilUpa
BRFite

Post by sunilUpa »

2 Army Jawans killed. - NDTV