Terror Attacks in Mumbai

NRao
BRF Oldie

Re: Terror Attacks in Mumbai

Post by NRao »

RajeshA wrote:Now the media is giving air time to terrorists, who are in the middle of killing people. I am not sure, whether this is really a good policy.

On the other hand, it has become very clear who these people are: Pakistani Nationals coming to India and terrorizing people here.

No one is heading this effort in India, that is why. No one in control it looks like.

Just like kargil, the country takes it own Chai-biscut time to gain control - while the files are passed to the next person.

When MMS reaches Bombay there is bound to be more tamasha.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

I believe the news of Taj being cleaned out release 3-5 times so far are to confuse their
handlers and fellow travellers in other sites and make them place calls and sniff the ether.

my prediction was tomorrow mid morning to declare the final all-clear and starting the
distateful process of cleaning the blood stains.

in oberoi probably tomorrow evening.
p_saggu
BRFite

Post by p_saggu »

Hey, I think that some news channels are monitoring BRF. This is because of the questions that get raised here are put to reporters 10-15 mins later.
Times now is now talking about structural damage to the Taj after the repeated fires.

Rahul M,
The mopping up ops will take forever, maybe well into mid day tomorrow. The whole place will have to be checked out for
1. Booby trapped explosives
2. Go over the luggage in the rooms to find if there were terror cells based in some of them.
3. Taj Hotel employees will have to be brought in to try and identify killed people.
4. Finally the Police will come in and seal all (unclaimed) luggage, file a police report etc.
Raj Malhotra
BRFite

Post by Raj Malhotra »

NRao wrote:
BhairavP wrote:Sad news - Taj GM's wife and 3 children killed in the firing at the Taj. Apparently, they were living in a suite on the top floor.
Takes a special type of monster to kill children.

Trident is on fire at the back.
Infidels.

As crass as my comment is, it is applicable under these and similar circumstances.
Might be targetted killing and ties in with Ratan Tata statement that terrorists knew layout of Hotel too well
sunnyP
BRFite

Post by sunnyP »

Muppalla wrote:BDutta on NDTV said Prime Minister Sonia Gandhi and no one corrected her.
incredible, but I suppose not suprising
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

Abhi_G wrote:Rahul, this is the third time I am hearing this and the Taj has burst into flames after that. Is this confirmed?
yes, the dome has caught fire at least twice now, may be more.

hiten, did you see the dragunov I mentioned ? there's an image a few pages back I think.
Raj
BRFite

Post by Raj »

Hiten wrote:@Singha
Thanks a lot
:)

The one I saw on NDTV looks exactly like the PSG1 you mentioned
Can you please go easy on the emotion icons and font calibration.
Thanks.
Praveen
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Praveen »

THERE IS STILL ONE TERRORIST IN TAJ. He is injured. NSG hopes to catch him soon.

this from NSG chief on NDTV.
milindc
BRFite

Post by milindc »

NRao wrote: No one is heading this effort in India, that is why. No one in control it looks like.

Just like kargil, the country takes it own Chai-biscut time to gain control - while the files are passed to the next person.

When MMS reaches Bombay there is bound to be more tamasha.
EDITED - keep the politics out of this
Last edited by Jagan on 27 Nov 2008 23:03, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: EDITED
sunnyP
BRFite

Post by sunnyP »

sorry if already posted -
Mumbai: The wife and the two children of General Manager of Taj Hotels Karambir Kang were killed in the terrorist attack on the hotel.

Confirming the news, a company spokesperson said while Kang is safe his wife and children were killed at the Taj Hotel, where the security forces were trying to release hostages held by terrorists since last night.

It is learnt that they were killed in the fire that broke out in the hotel after the attack and their bodies were charred beyond recognition, according to hotel sources

http://ibnlive.in.com/news/taj-hotels-g ... 209-3.html
Sadly he won't be the only Indian to have lost entire families yesterday. Makes my blood boil!!
Stan_Savljevic
BRF Oldie

Post by Stan_Savljevic »

p_saggu wrote:Hey, I think that some news channels are monitoring BRF. This is because of the questions that get raised here are put to reporters 10-15 mins later.
Times now is now talking about structural damage to the Taj after the repeated fires.
If that is the case, why dont the media take up what George J posted here before. The media was primarily responsible for the death of Shri Hemant Karkare.
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

sampat wrote: ...
Same here, my forefathers were ministers in Maharaja Ranjit Singh's court. I use to call MMS Manmohan kaur, but I think it is derogatory for Kaur sisters as they have more valour and guts then Manmohan.
Thank you. Can people control themselves and not indulge in rhetoric of bangles, lipstick etc. Remember that we are, spiritually, children of Durga Ma, Jhansi Lakshmi et al.
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

p_saggu wrote:Rahul M,
The mopping up ops will take forever, maybe well into mid day tomorrow. The whole place will have to be checked out for
1. Booby trapped explosives
2. Go over the luggage in the rooms to find if there were terror cells based in some of them.
3. Taj Hotel employees will have to be brought in to try and identify killed people.
4. Finally the Police will come in and seal all (unclaimed) luggage, file a police report etc.
saggu ji, the first round of sanitisation has already taken place. AN Roy confirmed that it was being carried out by the second ring security forces while the NSG/MARCOS pressed forward.

of course the police will do a more thorough job now.
Tamang
BRFite

Post by Tamang »

Apologies if already posted..

http://www.indianexpress.com/news/terro ... il/391406/
New Delhi : "Before I could reach there, the terrorists who had attacked one of the hospitals, the Cama Hospital, had left and those who attacked the railway station had also left," Union Home Minister Shivraj Patil said.

Patil, who briefed the Cabinet on the situation in Mumbai, was giving details to media about his visit to the city after terrorists struck there.

He said after the terrorists, who attacked Cama Hospital, ‘left’ the police chased them and killed one of them and injured another.

Patil, who condemned the attack as an act of cowardice, said the country would remain strong even as the terrorists attempt to weaken and create difficulty for the citizens.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

our country will ever be strong, mr babooze.. do the right job now, or get sacked. pack up now.
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

The bodies of these terrorists should not be buried. They should be burned. That is totally against their purported (and real) religion. So let them go to meet their 72 houris with burned bodies. In the future, it would also serve as a warning to all those fidayeen-candidates, that their bodies will never be buried, and their ashes will be disposed of in a shit tank.

The Muslims like to say of terrorists, they can't be Muslims, Islam is a religion of peace. In this case, the Muslims will also have no problem with that.
sohamn
BRFite

Post by sohamn »

Maj GEn Hooda and NSD DG says one more terrorist is in Taj.
Harish
BRFite

Post by Harish »

Folks: there was one mention of some high-up female (an editor no less) who was said to have disappeared after aiding the terrorists in some way from inside one of the hotels. Unfortunately I did not see the item which got pulled within minutes. But someone in my family did. Name uncertain. Muslim, female and from ToI for sure. This is extremely serious and I wonder if anyone else has any further information. Dont know which channel.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

Rajesh A, pl revert. aaaargh!
Hariprasad
BRFite

Post by Hariprasad »

Javed Jaffery on Times Now being asked whether he feels mumbai is unsafe. He blabbers something about Ayodhya, Gujrat , 1981 riots like a closet jihadi.
Last edited by Hariprasad on 27 Nov 2008 23:04, edited 1 time in total.
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

Singha wrote:GOI should organize a id parade for the terrorist dead bodies and give them
a proper barrel wrapped in the skin of a freshly killed pig.

if the Shahi Imam makes one noise, I'd like him to be flushed out of old
delhi and handed over to the relatives of those killed for further processing.
The first priority ought to be liquidating Hoorirats and their chamchas etc. this is a golden opeprtunity to start cleaning valley from all the piglets.
Tamang
BRFite

Post by Tamang »

Harish wrote:Folks: there was one mention of some high-up female (an editor no less) who was said to have disappeared after aiding the terrorists in some way from inside one of the hotels. Unfortunately I did not see the item which got pulled within minutes. But someone in my family did. Name uncertain. Muslim, female and from ToI for sure. This is extremely serious and I wonder if anyone else has any further information. Dont know which channel.
She is from TOI.
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

This is a thread for news and ranting. Let people rant, as long as they are not inflaming others. Let them speak of MMS, Sonia Gandhi, cricket series, etc, anything related to this Terror.

Let's not be overeager to play Kotwaal here, especially if one is not a real Kotwaal, I mean a BRF Forum Moderator.
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

SandeepA wrote:The bodies of dead terrorists must be displayed in public, faces mutilated, limbs torn apart, pee and poo on their trousers. Show them for the sissies they are let them know death will not be dignified.
I know it is a tough time but we need to calm down and not waste energy sputtering nonsense.

Admins, this is a fast-moving target and it is a holiday time in US, but can you possibly take a hand and establish more control and order?
NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

Same crap:
Patil, who condemned the attack as an act of cowardice, said the country would remain strong even as the terrorists attempt to weaken and create difficulty for the citizens.
The country is strong, the politicians are weak.

One more to the list of:

"fitting reply",

"rushed to the spot", and now

"country would remain strong"
KarthikSan
BRFite

Post by KarthikSan »

p_saggu wrote:Hey, I think that some news channels are monitoring BRF. This is because of the questions that get raised here are put to reporters 10-15 mins later.

List of people browsing this thread: