Indian Response to Terrorism

milindc
BRFite

Re: Indian Response to Terrorism

Post by milindc »

Ananth wrote: The best response for terrorist strike is not war.
Why? Please list some of the reasons
John Snow
BRFite

Post by John Snow »

Indian Response to Terrorism?

a) A cruel joke.

b) Running to Uncle or Aunties crying 'Mommy, they beat me up'

c) Chai Biskoot and Samosa over prayers for the next servings.

d) Preaching Peace to Israel

e) Lambs to Slaughter.

f) Balls transplants.

g) Wait for Obama to make ISP (India Super Power)

Pick your choice, multiples allowed.
Chinmayanand
BRF Oldie

Post by Chinmayanand »

milindc wrote:Samuel,
What Baljeet states about Indian procurement process is true. It is also correct that Paki Agostas will hold advantage against the Indian subs. Where he is wrong is that he validating the ISIS viewpoint on Paki capability. ISIS is run by David Albright who is on Pakistan payroll.

Having said that, we fight with what we have and I have complete faith in Indian armed forces to take of Pakis. We can't get a better opportunity than this ........
We will never fall short of opportunities because the Holy Strikes are coming again , infact,they will keep coming.As per a sms sent to some news channel person, the holy strikes are coming in Delhi within fifteen days.Hope, this time it is on parliamentarians(actually nobody minds if terrorists attack politicians).They are a burden on the taxpayer... :mrgreen:
John Snow
BRFite

Post by John Snow »

Ananth said
"The present government does not have time on its side, only 100 more days. So they cannot take chances when there is significant possibility of escalation of war. "

Two Options are practiced.

Greatest Democracy way (US of A)

Get elected and start a war to prove you are a dada of world.

Only once practiced by Largest Democracy (India) under a MAN called Indira Gandhi.

Wage a war and get absolute majority in Parliament

Unfortunately we dont have men in Indian Cabinet.
milindc
BRFite

Post by milindc »

Baljeet wrote:As a matter of fact pakistani Nukes and Submarine force is so far ahead in case of war they will win this war.
Pakistanis know each and every strength and weakness of Indian Military, they methodically signed their military agreements and purchased weapons. Pakistanis know they are quantitative disadvantage with India in Numbers on ground forces level, hence the 3rd option of Jihadis who can hold up a division level movement.
Baljeet,
If Pakis are all powerful as you suggest, why didn't they provoke with some overt action? What are they waiting on to finish India.
Baljeet
BRFite

Post by Baljeet »

Chandragupta wrote:Baljeet, if you are so embarassed about being an Indian then I suggest you move to the west & enjoy a happy life abroad.Dude, I don't live in fallacy or mirage, I live in reality. The reality right now is that we are licking dirt. Read the entire post don't get jingoistic face the facts. Do the analysis first and then come up with plausible assessment. Wars are never won on jingoism but harh cold reality. Your jingoism has blinded you so much you are making blanket statement about my personality. Know someone before you make statements. . That mention of Bharat Mata was particularly offending. Bharat Mata is not an individual but a nation. I am not offending any entity but the point is for a nation. Nation is led by leaders who truly represent the nation in this case bharat mata. I know you are pissed off, but there can be no justification of using such words.

Hindus are not cowards, we never were. You seem to buy the Pakistani propaganda that muslims are fairer, taller, stronger & more courageous than HindusDude again get real. Here is food for thought, When have we ever launched a counter strike like this against our bete noire. It takes real big Brass B@lls to wreak such havoc on other nation. I am pointing the fact that at this time pakis are mentally tougher than us, dedicated and determined. Abuse the FHLs & the politicians as much as you want, but to generalize the Hindu society is unfair Generalize the hindu society, dude it is the hindu society that has become apologetic, has been ashamed for no reason. It is this hindu society that is living in fear in their own nation, Almost every single peacenik, WKK, bhai chara professing, muslim appeaser is a hindu. Even after this mayhem the commies who are actually Hindus said, " the proposed law are draconian and there is no need for new agency, we have existing laws to tackle terror" of course I am paraphrasing here but this was the sentiment of A Bardhan, Brinda Karat, Prakash Karat, Bhattacharya and their media cronies like Barkha Dutt, Praful Bidwai etc. Furthermore, your assessment of Porki nukes & navy is insanely overestimated. Dude Please, look at the hard numbers and then make an educated statement. Pakis have 5 top of the line diesel electrice submarines that can dive upto maybe 400-500 meters. That is far greater depth than any Indian sub ( will have to get back to you on actual numbers or you can do it yourself since I have given you the idea). Sea warfare will not be won by frigates, destroyers, cruisers but by subs. Few SSK subs lurking under water will divert resources of surface ships from attacking enemy to defending themselves. Remember the falklands war, Argentinian "General Belgrano" was sunk by British sub in 40 minutes. it sealed the fate of Argentenian Navy that stayed out of coflict. Do we have the guts to take a loss of INS Viraat? What happens if we lose our only platform. If we had two or three then loss will not be as surmountable but when you only have onc Ace, you have to be careful on how to use it.
Indian navy has an almost double figure advantage in firepower over what they call the Pakistani Navy. Indian firepower is on surface ship, read prior lines.

You need to calm down. We all should channel our rage in the right direction, setting up of a nationalistic youth party for example. :)
Baljeet
BRFite

Post by Baljeet »

milindc wrote:
Baljeet wrote:As a matter of fact pakistani Nukes and Submarine force is so far ahead in case of war they will win this war.
Pakistanis know each and every strength and weakness of Indian Military, they methodically signed their military agreements and purchased weapons. Pakistanis know they are quantitative disadvantage with India in Numbers on ground forces level, hence the 3rd option of Jihadis who can hold up a division level movement.
Baljeet,
If Pakis are all powerful as you suggest, why didn't they provoke with some overt action? What are they waiting on to finish India.
Millind
My brother you are answering your own question. In terrorism Islam and pakistan have found a perfect weapon to harass and humiliate their bigger opponents with plausible deniability every time. They are provoking overt war, what do you think they are doing by amassing troops on border right now, they are confident in their ability to deliver a blow to India. Once they do that, they will be in a stronger bargaining position to rejuvenate their failing economy, get better negotiating power against Nato and US in Afghanistan. They will become de facto power in South and South west Asia sidelining the 7th largest nation in the world, they will earn the gruding respect of everyone in this world. This is a trap set by them and we must not fall in this trap. We have to resolve the leadership crisis, regroup, refocus, rearm and then fight some time in future. I can gurantee you this these pakis are so blinded by their successes they will keep giving us opportunities in the coming future. Once we have set our own house in order we will avail that opportunity and dismember pakis. After that we will dedicate a memorial to all the victims of terrorism after that.
Baljeet
BRFite

Post by Baljeet »

samuel.chandra wrote:Baljeetji, you are overestimating TSP military strength.

If mumbai was a planned attack, I think it was a bad plan.
- The timing... just before elections
- Choice of targets.. UK/US/Israeli citizens. Now everyone has a common enemy.
I think this was a repeat of kargil style irrational attack that will have a long term negative impact on pakis.

Interesting choice of words:
- These Idiots of India
- Whereas this Bharat Mata
Samuel atcually mumbai attack is perfectly planned. Think about it this way, few months ago, Gilani and Zardari were making tall claims of peace and friendship with India, US was in election hysteria, Obama gets elected. Any person who does Politcial & Military Analysis knows that after election US administration is a lame duck administration that has no power to do anything. They will talk tough but after about 2-3 weeks everything will get diffused, nothing will happen till Jan 20th and by that time, everyone's nerves will be calmed down. There were elections in India around that time. It was a well thought out plan to launch strike. Pakis know it more than us, how weak, senile and spineless our political leadership is. We have a prime minister who can't act againt a goon called Raj Thackrey who affronted the constituition of India, this Idiot PM said, "What can I do" as quoted by Express India.
Every time there is a big peace talk from Paki political leadership, WKK is at full force, bhai chara is at front, we let our guards down and they come back to stab us just like afzal khan tried to stab shivaji in back. Here is the difference, Shivaji was far more insightful of islamic treachery and he stabbed afzal khan back. Whereas Indian Leaders are more than glad to be stabbed in back if the price is right and that price is power and privileges, votebank politics.
ManuT
BRFite

Post by ManuT »

akl wrote: Not to deviate the issue .... Isreal is the party that is on the morally wrong side here and GoI stance reflects this as it should ...
Akl, if India can recognise Pakistan what is wrong in being friends with Isreal. 50 years of hugging and kissing Arafat by India did not solve the Mid-Ease conflict. PLO messed up every chance of making peace and got batterred everytime it made war.
Palestenians still want to dictate the terms. That DOES NOT happen.
Today Hamas, Islamic Jihad, Fatah, Hezbollah are just degenerates that RIGHTLY are getting bombed.

GoI should not, in its hour of need make requests to Israel, while criticizing them when they need your support, that is plain stupid.
milindc
BRFite

Post by milindc »

Baljeet wrote:
milindc wrote: Baljeet,
Millind
My brother you are answering your own question. In terrorism Islam and pakistan have found a perfect weapon to harass and humiliate their bigger opponents with plausible deniability every time. They are provoking overt war, what do you think they are doing by amassing troops on border right now, they are confident in their ability to deliver a blow to India. Once they do that, they will be in a stronger bargaining position to rejuvenate their failing economy, get better negotiating power against Nato and US in Afghanistan. They will become de facto power in South and South west Asia sidelining the 7th largest nation in the world, they will earn the gruding respect of everyone in this world. This is a trap set by them and we must not fall in this trap. We have to resolve the leadership crisis, regroup, refocus, rearm and then fight some time in future. I can gurantee you this these pakis are so blinded by their successes they will keep giving us opportunities in the coming future. Once we have set our own house in order we will avail that opportunity and dismember pakis. After that we will dedicate a memorial to all the victims of terrorism after that.
Baljeet,
If I was a paki, why would I allow an economically stronger India to re-group and re-arm, shouldn't I press for advantage right now ....... I don't get it.
Yes, they amassed the troops on border, do they have a choice?

I do agree with you that the statements from Indian leaders doesn't inspire much confidence and they are scared....
I thought meeting with KSA and China were to deliver message, but running to Iran and Turkey was the last straw, and convinced me that Indian leadership has no plan to respond. They are pleading with anyone and everyone to save their face...
Ananth
BRFite

Post by Ananth »

milindc wrote:
Ananth wrote: The best response for terrorist strike is not war.
Why? Please list some of the reasons
The response is determined by the objectives. The short term objective is to increase the cost of maintaining terrorist infrastructure directed towards India.

The message must be delivered with precision and one must have some degree of control on sequence of events. By war you give the enemy the opportunity to escalate the conflict across geography with the possiblity of immediate response from international players. If India were to back down due to international pressure then you not only fail to achieve your objectives (since you attention has been diffused), you also loose credibility with your own people.

War gives TSPA an opportunity to shield behind average abdul. The terrorists and their handlers will simply vanish to fight another day. They and their assets must be hit.

Right now the international pressure is on TSP. This must be intensified and utilized to hit them economically. If India launches war the pressure will shift on us and we would also have to battle them.
Vivek K
BRF Oldie

Post by Vivek K »

self deleted
Last edited by Vivek K on 29 Dec 2008 03:19, edited 1 time in total.
Vikram_S
BRFite

Post by Vikram_S »

indian commons dying like dogs is not important to take offence over...LOL!
Chinmayanand
BRF Oldie

Post by Chinmayanand »

Vikram_S wrote:indian commons dying like dogs is not important to take offence over...LOL!
This is an offence to the dog community.Dogs die better. :rotfl:
Vikram_S
BRFite

Post by Vikram_S »

Ananth wrote:What I don't understand is in the list of prescriptives of diplomatic offensive why do we insist on closing down our embassy in TSP? That way you loose a platform for communication and have to depend on third party monkeys for communication. Why cut your own options?

The current GoI's actions cannot be explained away as napunsak, impotence and other sexual references. There must definitely be military and other constraints on GoI. The best response for terrorist strike is not war. Moreover for surgical strikes, their main ingredient is surprise. What is the point of striking TSP right now when they are expecting precisely such a response? The most effective response would be the one that would be delivered quietly at time, place and format which they are not expecting. And GoI is not going to announce to public what they might do. We will only hear about the results when the Pakistanis start crying about it pointing fingers towards India. However that is going to take some time, which this government does not have. The most stupid thing to do right now would be to launch war or even aerial attacks when TSP is preparing itself for such strikes. However, if Pakistanis could be motivated to kill each other I don't have a problem.

The present government does not have time on its side, only 100 more days. So they cannot take chances when there is significant possibility of escalation of war. BJP has been behaving sanely by not raising the pitch and constricting the freedom of GoI. The last 100 days better be spent on sprucing up internal security, gathering intel on the operatives, marking up the targets and allowing Pakistanis to do what they do the best: killing each other. A precise and successful op when you are ready is much more preferable than a botched up op taken under duress.

Start screwing TSP economically if not militarily. The diplomatic pressure must be increased to postpone or constrain the financial support coming from multilateral agencies.
problem is you expect sanity where there is no sanity

whole indian system is rotten from top to bottom -- indian system takes pakistan actions to be some chess game and if you read/talk to members of system and account of whole series of indo-pak relations, it is very useless.

person will just give up on this country.

there has been no focus on teaching pakistan its place and defanging pakistan.

instead pakistan has shown much more national objective and policy ---> destroy india at all means.

even within years of 1971, by 1974 bhutto had got mujib rehman on his side and anti-india naarabazi was common in bangladesh.

by 1984 pakistan had nuclear bomb and india did nothing to stop pakistan.

basically whole indian system does not care for commons. violence in any state is taken at "macro level" and babu + politician class do not care for anything.

that is why india suffer terrorism. only dedicated people at micro level and services/system manage to fight own battles.

at macro levels system is so rotten jhappi-jhappi culture is done and all sort of pakistan behaviour is excused.

only man who brought sanity into system was PVNRao and he is dead. all other leader had unreasonable peace peace behaviour with pakistan.

it is shameful and disastrous behaviour from entire Indian system and which is the reason india is suffering from terrorism since 1980 and 28 year later there is still no answer from indian side to stop pakistan.
BijuShet
BRFite

Post by BijuShet »

Vikram_S wrote:indian commons dying like dogs is not important to take offence over...LOL!
Vikrambhai your anger is justified. You can exercise your ballot in a few months if you are a resident Indian. Also resident Indians can look to participate in elections and change the system from within. If you are a NRI then organize like minded individuals and try to influence the thinking of policy makers outside India by pointing out the fallacy of their wisdom and actions. Other than that one can also blow hot air on this forum and opt for an ulcer while at it. So mere bhai please make your choice soon and act on it.
JwalaMukhi
BRFite

Post by JwalaMukhi »

The response is determined by the objectives. The short term objective is to increase the cost of maintaining terrorist infrastructure directed towards India.
IMVHO, it is extremely opposite of that has happened so far. Meaning: The cost has escalated for India to maintain decency, dignity and security for Indian people, manifold. In all these years of response by GOI, has the cost to Bakis increased at all? If so, are there any concrete evidence, that Bakis are hurt not because of their quest for purer form, but because of actions taken by GOI.
Looks like GOI has been adversely affected with cost benefit analysis.
Vikram_S
BRFite

Post by Vikram_S »

biju

i will exercise my vote.

my anger, my rage is worse by the total feeling of helplessness.
there is very little hope left in this total failure of this so called indian state to protect its own people.

it is even worse if you look back and it has been 30 years and this system has done NOTHING to protect its people. only chai-biscuit with pakistanis who are "own people". shameless behaviour from shameless people with A,B,C, D, Z class protection using other indians lives

people who embrace own murderers are pathetic people, and indians if we see media and "elite" classes are just like that.

this is country which has deliberately hidden knowledge of islamic rule and partition for idealogy sake and which has kept its own people as bleeding punching bag even now.

pakistan is enemy state from day 1 and fools in india refused to do ANYTHING ---> just order poor people in IA/IAF/IN to die when things "are too much".

now with nukes, idiots at top do not even have that option.

and fools have not even restarted covert warfare to protect common dogs of india --> lakhvi, massood azhar, are all roaming freely in pakistan
BijuShet
BRFite

Post by BijuShet »

Vikram_S wrote:biju

i will exercise my vote.

my anger, my rage is worse by the total feeling of helplessness.
there is very little hope left in this total failure of this so called indian state to protect its own people.

it is even worse if you look back and it has been 30 years and this system has done NOTHING to protect its people. only chai-biscuit with pakistanis who are "own people". shameless behaviour from shameless people with A,B,C, D, Z class protection using other indians lives
Vikrambhai, I commend your choice to vote. Many of us have been down the path you are travelling at this point in time. We all have felt the same way during past missteps by GoI and many before have forecasted the end of the Indian state yet we survive and of late have been thriving too. While many of us are disgusted with the Adjust Maadi philosophy, its precisely this adjust maadi thinking that lets us survive to fight another day.
Current events made us all think that this might be the last straw that broke the camels back but it seems GoI has one heck of a camels back. It is true that there is some level of institutional anger in the GoI and yet it does not manifest in hot action and we wonder why. But remember one day there will be action and it may turn to be our enemy's day of reckoning. Even Nazi Germany enjoyed power without any obstacle for 6 full years from 1933. It was only after 1941 that the tide turned and in 1945, i.e. 12 years after they came to power were they reduced to ashes. So patience brother.
Tilak
BRFite

Post by Tilak »

John Snow wrote:Indian Response to Terrorism?

a) A cruel joke.

b) Running to Uncle or Aunties crying 'Mommy, they beat me up'

c) Chai Biskoot and Samosa over prayers for the next servings.

d) Preaching Peace to Israel

e) Lambs to Slaughter.

f) Balls transplants.

g) Wait for Obama to make ISP (India Super Power)

Pick your choice, multiples allowed.

According to me all the above stem, from a couple of things that I've observed.

FWIW

There is still a section of the intellegentsia that ascribe to "we can still revive pakistan into a viable well behaved entity", which I think is way too far fetched, and not worth a spit. And our PM jee is one of them, going by his "Our destinies are tied together" and "I dream of .... " , has bought into this nonsense just like Gujraljee, egged on by the "think tanks" ,"joint working groups" and "backdoor diplomacy" :roll:. Going by the various reports, wanted to settle "Siachen" before his earlier planned trip to Pakistan.

Our UPA is a 5 star circus troop, with Kangress being a spent force politically much before the confidence vote, having invested too much capital on Indo-Us deal, without enlisting/involving the main opposition party. Now each one is pulling in different directions and tottering towards the finish line (MPs worked 46 days, passed 8 bills in 17 mins in 2008). The blind bard down south wanted the foreign minister to go to Srilanka to pick up the tamil issue, within days of the Mumbai siege, when the pressure was being put on the pakis. And now we have, the Lankans lecturing us "Sport and politics should be seperate". Bangladeshis are protesting intrusions.. and Russians advising us ........ :rotfl: :roll:

As somebody said the solution is not war but covert action, which will be replied in kind... and our netas are shit scared to put themselves in the line of fire, even if we clean up our act. So perpetually on the "defence". The other option is out is capping the pride of paki h&d, by blowing their airforce out of the skies, for the people to start rioting and all the SAARC countries to fall in line. But when that is done India be prepared, not from the Nukes but from the spillover of jehadis.

PS: Baljeet, please drop the "Sardar" baiting, as you are overdoing it. And using foul language would get a jingo nowhere, much less even alluding to the holy PM and the clueless cronies, would invite instant "PM"s and expulsion.. :(( :((
Last edited by Tilak on 29 Dec 2008 01:21, edited 1 time in total.
Stan_Savljevic
BRF Oldie

Post by Stan_Savljevic »

A letter to the editor in the chindu. Take it for what its worth....
This refers to the editorial “Keeping up the pressure” (Dec. 27). On seeing the attitude of Pakistani leaders towards India, which has observed exemplary restraint in the wake of the Mumbai terror attacks, I am reminded of a fable. A fox followed a lion, trying to bite its tail. The lion continued to walk, keeping its tail safe between its legs. A monkey watching this said the lion was a coward. The lion told the monkey: “Everyone knows I am the king. I am trying to keep my tail safe not because I am a coward but to avoid being provoked to the point of killing the fox.” This is majestic restraint.

Col. Ram Gulrajani (retd.),
Chennai
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

Part of it is to be prepared for the opportunity. E.g., 1947-1971 it took before Mrs. Gandhi drowned the two-nation theory in the Bay of Bengal.

I see an opportunity here, if India draws the Pakistani army to the eastern border so that the Taliban take over the NWFP and FATA, for the creation of great Pashtunistan; of course, many here disagree that that can happen. To see that one has to realize that the Pakistani army and its jihadi sideshoots have an uneasy alliance, with no one in charge.

Another way to look at it is that the many factions in Pakistan currently have undeclared loyalties, and all loosely cooperate with each other. One of the things to be done is to force them to declare explicitly.
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

There is still a section of the intellegentsia that ascribe to "we can still revive pakistan into a viable well behaved entity", which I think is way too far fetched,
This stems from the (false) history that we'd all be united and friends if only Gandhi/Nehru/Cabinet Mission Plan had blah,blah,blah. This too is spread around by various folks.

Off-topic: Let me be very explicit here - the primary responsibility for Partition lies with M.A. Jinnah and his Muslim League. The cost of holding a united India would have been an appeasement before which what you complain of today would seem trivial. Gandhi, Nehru, the Indian National Congress offered Jinnah everything that was also consonant with basic justice for the non-Muslims of India, but Jinnah wanted more than that. I can back this up with scads of primary source documentation if anyone wants to argue the point.

Even today we find e.g., A.G. Noorani propagating in the pages of Frontline magazine the myth that Jinnah was driven to partition by the obstinacy of the leaders of the Indian National Congress; that is in the politest possible terms - bullshit. I know the Hindu rightwing, the Indian left-of-Congress wing, and the RAPE class all buy into this myth. There are innumerable people struck with nostalgia in the Punjab-Haryana area who also buy into this myth. A convenient book by Maulana Azad is also used to propagate this myth.
John Snow
BRFite

Post by John Snow »

Unless uncle is discomforted by Indian action on TSP perfidy there is no way we will win support in Washington.

I am told by my contacts in Nai Delhi that the Municipality of this country brandished its Coat of Arms to threaten the release of all acount information unless India stops attacking TSP! MKN turned yeellow at both ends inspite of being told "Liechtenstein follows a policy of neutrality and is one of few countries in the world that maintains no military."

Municipality of Liechtenstein :rotfl: :rotfl:
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

Uh-oh :(( a publishing of off-shore account info would pretty much spell the political end of our greatest family and its business all-lies.
Rangudu
BRFite

Post by Rangudu »

Time to close this thread and start a new one? Adminullahs, please do the needful.
Vikram_S
BRFite

Post by Vikram_S »

attack following attack in india and MKN has been talking about nuke deal, acting as madam and mumble mumbles voice to political parties
what can common indian expect from such "security advisors" who are more for politics not security
Rangudu
BRFite

Post by Rangudu »

Adminullahs

Please close this thread.

Everyone, let's please continue on this thread
D_Chopra
BRFite -Trainee

Post by D_Chopra »

Baljeet wrote: Dude Please, look at the hard numbers and then make an educated statement. Pakis have 5 top of the line diesel electrice submarines that can dive upto maybe 400-500 meters. That is far greater depth than any Indian sub ( will have to get back to you on actual numbers or you can do it yourself since I have given you the idea). Sea warfare will not be won by frigates, destroyers, cruisers but by subs. Few SSK subs lurking under water will divert resources of surface ships from attacking enemy to defending themselves. Remember the falklands war, Argentinian "General Belgrano" was sunk by British sub in 40 minutes. it sealed the fate of Argentenian Navy that stayed out of coflict. Do we have the guts to take a loss of INS Viraat? What happens if we lose our only platform. If we had two or three then loss will not be as surmountable but when you only have onc Ace, you have to be careful on how to use it. [/color][/b]
Indian navy has an almost double figure advantage in firepower over what they call the Pakistani Navy. Indian firepower is on surface ship, read prior lines.
Baljeet: Pak has 5 active submarines and three of them(Agosta 90B) have max diving depth of 350 metres and 2 others(Agosta 70) have 300 metres diving depth.

Out of total 16 subs India has, the 10 Kilo class subs of India have max 300 metres. Being a realist is a good thing but please make sure you dont become a realist to the point of being unrealistic :rotfl: