Post by Abheshek »

I am jackass. I am a moron.
Bro, I feel the same. :cry:
shyamd
BRF Oldie

Re: Terror Attacks on Mumbai-II

Post by shyamd »

shyamd wrote:Five Israeli hostages killed at Mumbai's Chabad Center
Indian commanders report the five Israeli hostages were killed by the Islamist terrorists in the course of the Indian commando raid which began early Friday, Nov. 28. Israeli foreign minister Tzipi Livni told a news conference Friday evening that no more information was available because the Indian troops had not finished clearing the building and they were still battling terrorists on the third floor. The names of the victims have not been released. The fate of the center's director, Gavriel Holzman and his wife Rivka is still not confirmed. Their two-year son left the building with his Indian nanny Thursday.

The raid to rescue the hostages seized Wednesday began when choppers dropped soldiers on the roof of the Chabad Center. Later a big hole was blown in an outer wall.

DEBKAfile reports the commando raid was agreed by the Indian and Israeli governments when it appeared that the chances of finding living hostages in the Chabad Center were declining as time went by.

Four Israelis staying at the Oberoi hotel were rescued with more than 100 hostages. The operation there appears to be over. In the rooms the bodies of 24 guests were recovered. The luxury Taj Palace Hotel is still under siege as Indian troops intensify their pressure on the huge building before nightfall. However, on Day 3 of the assault on Mumbai, the terrorists mounted a second attack on city's main rail station already hit Wednesday. DEBKAfile reports that the fresh attack indicates terrorists remained on the loose outside the primary three hostage locations seized Wednesday. Indian commandoes told the media that the gunmen were obviously well-trained, under 30 and showed no remorse and fired at anybody they saw.

The death toll of the Islamist terrorist assault has risen to 155 with hundreds wounded.

Indian sources identify the terrorists as Pakistani British citizens. The ship which brought them to Mumbai is thought to be an Indian vessel hijacked and sailed to Karachi, Pakistan. French foreign minister Bernard Kouchner is certain they are al Qaeda.
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

-Satellite Bases for the NSG
urgently needed.
something on these lines :

NCR/northern India.
Western India
Southern India
Eastern India
NE States.
It was Havildar Gajender Singh who made the Supreme Sacrifice in the line of duty.
force ?

neela, abheshek, lay off the politics/family business.
Ujjal
BRFite

Post by Ujjal »

Let's be clear here - the innocents were already dead way before NSG stormed in - as mentioned here :
When they finally entered the Chabad House on Friday, they found that the worst had occurred.
http://www.chabad.org/news/article_cdo/ ... Killed.htm
Jay
BRFite

Post by Jay »

Neela wrote:2 days of disturbed sleep. I really cannot concentrate on anything except this.

My country bleeds.
My countrymen lay dead.
My soldiers dying in front of me!

Sorry folks but I have to say this.
THE FAMILY HAS RUINED THIS NATION! **Deleted**

AND ONLY AFTER THIS INTERNAL PURGING WILL I WANT TO SEE RADIATION INFESTED BODIES OF THE PAKIS!
Allah willing.... All in due course.....
bart
BRFite

Post by bart »

sunilUpa wrote:It was Havildar Gajender Singh who made the Supreme Sacrifice in the line of duty.

Did anyone see the interview of the the director general NSG ? while he was announcing the supreme sacrifice of the brave soldier, there was some idiotic media person interrupting him asking about 'aatangvadi'. :evil:
satya
BRFite

Post by satya »

Things need to change behind the scene , much out of limelight . Everything on media is PR nothing else including media leaks on intel & other stuff . For the real stuff , steps taken now will bear fruit months if not years away . Only hope politicos understand this , if not then there's not much hope . Indian Business Leaders need to tell so clearly in so many words to Congress to take real action not PR ones . As of this moment , Dilli Billis are in a state of shock right to the top , no one has a clue what to do next as per one dilli billi .
venkat_r
BRFite

Post by venkat_r »

Along with the Satellite NSG positions, plenty of K9 units also need to be developed in each city.
sunilUpa
BRFite

Post by sunilUpa »

Rahul M wrote:
-Satellite Bases for the NSG
urgently needed.
something on these lines :

NCR/northern India.
Western India
Southern India
Eastern India
NE States.
It was Havildar Gajender Singh who made the Supreme Sacrifice in the line of duty.
force ?

neela, abheshek, lay off the politics/family business.
NSG.

One of the piglet had Mauritian id card.
Last edited by sunilUpa on 28 Nov 2008 22:42, edited 1 time in total.
Hariprasad
BRFite

Post by Hariprasad »

bart wrote:
sunilUpa wrote:It was Havildar Gajender Singh who made the Supreme Sacrifice in the line of duty.

Did anyone see the interview of the the director general NSG ? while he was announcing the supreme sacrifice of the brave soldier, there was some idiotic media person interrupting him asking about 'aatangvadi'. :evil:
The DDM do not have an ounce of discipline in them. I can tell you that the director general NSG was disappointed at the constant interruption.
Sridhar
BRFite

Post by Sridhar »

Can't we arrest the DG ISI when he shows up in Delhi, for being a part of this conspiracy?
Hariprasad
BRFite

Post by Hariprasad »

TimesNow
The current NSG operation going on at Taj is called operation CYCLONE
nishug
BRFite -Trainee

Post by nishug »

Where is the cry of intelligence failure ???? there was so much of it during and after kargil.
Vikramaditya
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Vikramaditya »

Sridhar wrote:Can't we arrest the DG ISI when he shows up in Delhi, for being a part of this conspiracy?
<sarc>
Arrey log kya kahengey wont that violate some Geneva convention circa 19XX
</sarc>
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

Ujjal wrote:Let's be clear here - the innocents were already dead way before NSG stormed in - as mentioned here :
When they finally entered the Chabad House on Friday, they found that the worst had occurred.
http://www.chabad.org/news/article_cdo/ ... Killed.htm
agreed,.. See ALSO:-
SaiK wrote:http://ishare.rediff.com/filevideo-Nava ... 520089.php

Naval Commando press brief on Mumbai terror
but the delay in response here:-

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/world/ ... se.cnn-ibn
GoI/Maha Gov to take blame?
Last edited by SaiK on 28 Nov 2008 22:50, edited 2 times in total.
A Arun
BRFite

Post by A Arun »

A little while back Barkha was reporting from the Nariman House area. The crowd behind her started chanting anti-Pak slogans. She said "I don't think we should let such anger to be aired on television".
Hariprasad
BRFite

Post by Hariprasad »

sunilUpa wrote: NSG.

One of the piglet had Mauritian id card.
And why would the piglets roam around with id's on them? Simple diversionary tactics to take attention away from pukiland.
sum
BRF Oldie

Post by sum »

A Arun wrote:A little while back Barkha was reporting from the Nariman House area. The crowd behind her started chanting anti-Pak slogans. She said "I don't think we should let such anger to be aired on television".
Even i noticed that...

Even the CNN_IBN bimbette reported that people were shouting "Bharat mata ki jai" while "Pakistan Murdabad" was clearly being heard in the background!! :roll:
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

At the very least, our fat cat diplomats ought to go an disabuse this constant drumbeat from the CNN mouthpieces: Zaine Verjee, Nick Roberts, Peter Bergen; that this demarcation between US wanting TSP to corrperate in the war on terror and improving India TSP relations by resolving Kashmir

Code: Select all

:                    ......                      :
    :                 .:||||||||:.                   :
    :                /            \                  :
    :               (   o      o   )                 :
    :-------@@@@----------:  :----------@@@@---------:
    :                     `--'                       :
    :                                                :
    :................................................:

ADMIN SCISSOR HANDS WAS HERE           

Hariprasad
BRFite

Post by Hariprasad »

A Arun wrote:A little while back Barkha was reporting from the Nariman House area. The crowd behind her started chanting anti-Pak slogans. She said "I don't think we should let such anger to be aired on television".
All these gems from Barkha needs to be recorded for posterity.
Baljeet
BRFite

Post by Baljeet »

Code: Select all

:                    ......                      :
    :                 .:||||||||:.                   :
    :                /            \                  :
    :               (   o      o   )                 :
    :-------@@@@----------:  :----------@@@@---------:
    :                     `--'                       :
    :                                                :
    :................................................:

ADMIN SCISSOR HANDS WAS HERE           

Austin
BRF Oldie

Post by Austin »

Headlines Today has a Breaking News , Israel complaining that NSG Botched up the Operation ..... no proper intel was gathered before we went in.
shaardula
BRF Oldie

Post by shaardula »

thanks to the brfites who have been making cogent, awesome analytical posts.
dont want to take names. please accept my sincere gratitude sirs.

OT...
i cried when i saw stock footage of people offering jai-jaikaars to the commandos, and one commando actually waved at the crowds. ultimately, they are the real guardians and protectors. they are the real bharat rakshaks.

anger is welling up against our intelligencia. but will wait till this is all over. who ever and whatever authority that is in charge not the time to question it or undermine it. it does not matter who leads us now. now is the time to line up behind leadership and put our faith behind it.

there will come a time for analysis but that has to be post partum. first let the rakshaks do their job. and pray intelligencia lines up behind the rakshaks.
nishug
BRFite -Trainee

Post by nishug »

haa finally got it in the right thread :)
SK Mody
BRFite

Post by SK Mody »

shiv wrote:Barkha Dutt's body language and words when she mentions Pakistan makes me think that she is covering her own ass in the following sense:

Dutt probably has contacts in Pakistan that she uses in order to go to Pakistan or get Pakis here for her media reporting.

She may also have some fear about being killed when she goes to Pakistan iunless she is guarded . So she consistently fails to mewntion Pakistan. This morning when someone said "Pakistani terorists" Barkha Dutt dais "We don;t know that yet"

She has a problem..
Is she is being blackmailed - say by threats against family? I've watched her once on a program a year or so ago (I have very limited access to TV here) being very supportive of Indian army. She came across as someone with a lot of spirit - who could motivate people. Maybe someone didn't like that.
enqyoob
BRF Oldie

Post by enqyoob »

quoting ramana:
[narayanan, we need a backup forum to be activated with password only for such emergencies. And membership to that by vouching by other members.]

ramana:
A place to post details that should not appear on the public forum may be a good idea, but if there were such an (Elite) forum, wouldn't you (and most mods/ senior members) spend most of your time there? Who would do the detailed reading and kind, gentle editing that keeps ppl and the forum out of trouble as we have been trying to do here?

Compared to the many, many similar events that we have seen during BRF's days, the posting here this time has been extremely good and responsible. Sure there were exceptions, but 99% of those were just repeating the irresponsible stuff from the so-called "media professionals".

So BRF postors actually managed to maintain a better standard. I hope that continues.

Rest is for the postors who feel the strong need for "Thread to do This" and "Thread to do That":

My suggestion for all those who want a new thread to collect this detail and that detail (and each "just facts no comment") is to take the initiative to go through threads, collect the stuff, and WRITE ARTICLES that document things systematically. If one does not have the discipline for that, pls don't bother others with impractical suggestions.
bart
BRFite

Post by bart »

SMS circulating in Bombay "What does Raj Thackeray have to say now, that NSG commandos from ALL OVER INDIA are in Mumbai, fighting for the people of Mumbai?"
Kakkaji
BRF Oldie

Post by Kakkaji »

Hear, hear!
Neela
BRF Oldie

Post by Neela »

satya wrote:Things need to change behind the scene , much out of limelight . Everything on media is PR nothing else including media leaks on intel & other stuff . For the real stuff , steps taken now will bear fruit months if not years away . Only hope politicos understand this , if not then there's not much hope . Indian Business Leaders need to tell so clearly in so many words to Congress to take real action not PR ones . As of this moment , Dilli Billis are in a state of shock right to the top , no one has a clue what to do next as per one dilli billi .

The longer this lasts the more damaging this is for the Congress!
They have come out as a liability!!
Hariprasad
BRFite

Post by Hariprasad »

TimesNow
Heavy firing, explosions at Taj hotel.
Neela
BRF Oldie

Post by Neela »

Times now TV reporting that MARCOS were called after 5AM , 6 long hours . The request for help should come from the government and they have delayed!!
Abhijit N
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Abhijit N »

Heavy firing, explosions at Taj hotel.
Guess only the Taj is left to be secured....how many pigs there and exactly whats happening please.
kobe
BRFite

Post by kobe »

stupidity of american "experts" in full view
stephen cohen on PBS explaining "home grown" muslims
just after the Judy Woodruff played the audio of the
terrorist in plain NW pakistani accent

billions of $ of wastage to gather intelligence by CIA
results in "experts" lilke this-

they don't speak the language, they don't know the
history, they don't understand the culture, they
never lived in the region, (let alone grew up in the region)
and proclaim to be "experts" just because they went
to princeton or harvard due to their daddy's riches.

shame on you USA.
shaardula
BRF Oldie

Post by shaardula »

bart wrote:SMS circulating in Bombay "What does Raj Thackeray have to say now, that NSG commandos from ALL OVER INDIA are in Mumbai, fighting for the people of Mumbai?"
not the time. not the time. i does not matter. raj thackrey is not the fall guy here. we might have a 1000 holes in our dosas, not the time to focus on the holes.

and let us be clear, RT IS NOT ANTI-INDIA.
Jayram
BRFite

Post by Jayram »

CNN is now reportitng that GOI has stopped all retransimmon of Indian TV channels. So CNN is now depending only on verbal reports. Of course all of us at massa are getiting pretty much the whold scene off the internet. Intrestng move by GOI if true.
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

Arnab earlier made a point about politician/government official saying it is a State issue. For example it is the matter of Gujarat Government, it is in the hands of Maharashtra government. His point was we can not afford to think this in so microscopic view. I thought he was implying we need a central effort.

All those who liked Arnab today, should he email him and say which parts of him we liked.
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

Austin wrote:Headlines Today has a Breaking News , Israel complaining that NSG Botched up the Operation ..... no proper intel was gathered before we went in.
That is good. Let us bring down the Nariman building and accept the colletaral damage. The channels and folks giving airtime to these knucle heads should be shot.
Anantha
BRFite

Post by Anantha »

Aaj Tak reports LET masterminded this operation and the head is someone called Rahman
Neela
BRF Oldie

Post by Neela »

Jayram wrote:CNN is now reportitng that GOI has stopped all retransimmon of Indian TV channels. So CNN is now depending only on verbal reports. Of course all of us at massa are getiting pretty much the whold scene off the internet. Intrestng move by GOI if true.

Damage limiting exercise? . I read several articles today on the ineptitude of the government, both local and international.
svinayak
BRF Oldie

Post by svinayak »

nishug wrote:Where is the cry of intelligence failure ???? there was so much of it during and after kargil.
People who were accusing and shouting during KARGIL are in the govt NOW. How can they shout and accuse their own govt NOW.