Terror Attacks on Mumbai-II

trivedi
BRFite -Trainee

Re: Terror Attacks on Mumbai-II

Postby trivedi » 29 Nov 2008 01:03

Acharya wrote:
rgsrini wrote:CNN Watch: Interview with former SWAT expert is continuing and he was very clear that no police department in USA is trained to handle such situations. Only SWAT can handle this, similar to NSG. And it is extremely difficult to handle one incident at a time and the Indian forces are handling five separate incidents at the same time.

He, being knowledgeable was able to appreciate and atriculate the enormity of the task that is being carried out in India. He was also referring to a 1970s hotel hostage (Howard Johnson) incident by a single gunmen that lasted for 2 days, with multiple casualities in USA.

He says there is a lot to learn from the incident including common communication channel between police forces and SWAT teams, even after some recent improvement made post-Katrina.

He also mentioned that there must be some explosives or some special situation within the hotel that is preventing the NSG to take these terrorists out. Otherwise based on his experience, this would have been over by now.

He said
SEALS or the other SF would have finished it by now.

More info later will give more details

Why is what some TV expert in the US said relevant to us? Let the armchair quarterback dogs bark. Handling a crisis in an area with population density 1/10th of Mumbai's is not comparable to what happened yesterday.

Having said that, we need to get state governments out of the crisis handling loop. At the first hint of a terrorist attack a NSG team should be scrambled, should be there in under 2 hours and should be in charge when they are on location.

darshan
BRFite

Postby darshan » 29 Nov 2008 01:06

they are still looking for OBL.

SaiK
BRF Oldie

Postby SaiK » 29 Nov 2008 01:06

What ops did SEAL or any SF did in the last to reflect the comparison. make them quote.

rgsrini
BRFite

Postby rgsrini » 29 Nov 2008 01:08

Acharya, I don't think he was talking about SEALS. He was talking about the SWAT team.
In my opinion, CNN's interview with the SWAT team was very balanced and it was very appreciative of the situation in India. The SWAT expert refused to take the bait of the anchor to deride the operations several time.

Now someone else it talking about possible sleeper cells (pretending to be guests) in the hotel and the command/control structure setup by the terrorists, which may be the cause of the delay in completing this operation.

All in all, while some of the anchors are trying to be condescending, the experts appear to be pretty balanced.

Exxe
BRFite -Trainee

Postby Exxe » 29 Nov 2008 01:12

It's me, Abheshek.

I think I owe an apology over my outrageous comments on Karkare. I should'nt have said that. Apologies from my side to anyone I offended. He's a martyr after all & my comments were too way over the top, rest assured I did'nt exactly mean it.

Anyways, I have apologised & the admins may go ahead & ban this account too, I'm done.

Cheers

{And so am I - You are banned again. That means, since you obviously don't get it: YOU DON'T POST ON BRF. You were warned explicitly by two admins, and by other postors. The time to rethink behavior and "apologize" was then. "Apologies" to get bans reversed may work very well with your close relatives and other credulous folks. Here we look at reality, and your credibility is just not high enough to rate any kindness, or more expenditure of time and effort from us. 'Bye.}
Last edited by enqyoob on 29 Nov 2008 01:43, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Banned postor re-infesting with a bogus "apology".

svinayak
BRF Oldie

Postby svinayak » 29 Nov 2008 01:12

SwamyG wrote:It appears India is getting pressures from Western countries. The normal reaction would be to ignore these events and move on, But this time the events are dissected to far greater depth and complaints are being made. Why? Definitely there is an agenda. India could be dragged into Paki issues even more.

NDTV showed that PM called Pak to send ISI chief.

Obama staff as being asked about foriegn policy. They are being projected as mediators between India and Pakistan. The new administration wants to bring peace and start the dialogue between India and Pakistan

NYTimes has articles leading in this way.ue

rgsrini
BRFite

Postby rgsrini » 29 Nov 2008 01:12

Why is what some TV expert in the US said relevant to us? Let the armchair quarterback dogs bark.

CNN is a mouthpiece of the US government and we need to monitor which way they are leaning in this case. They are moulding public opinion now and it is important to understand what they are trying to do.

Having the world support behind us will make our job easier and will allow us more breathing space to carry out "operation pig roasting" later.

Shalav
BRFite

Postby Shalav » 29 Nov 2008 01:15

rgsrini wrote:CNN is a mouthpiece of the US government and we need to monitor which way they are leaning in this case. They are moulding public opinion now and it is important to understand what they are trying to do.

Having the world support behind us will make our job easier and will allow us more breathing space to carry out "operation pig roasting" later.

Please!

Do you really think any public opinion other than the Indian public opinion matters right now? Kindly abandon the "log kya kahengay" syndrome.
Last edited by Shalav on 29 Nov 2008 01:17, edited 1 time in total.

svinayak
BRF Oldie

Postby svinayak » 29 Nov 2008 01:16

rgsrini wrote:Acharya, I don't think he was talking about SEALS. He was talking about the SWAT team.
In my opinion, CNN's interview with the SWAT team was very balanced and it was very appreciative of the situation in India. The SWAT expert refused to take the bait of the anchor to deride the operations several time.

Now someone else it talking about possible sleeper cells (pretending to be guests) in the hotel and the command/control structure setup by the terrorists, which may be the cause of the delay in completing this operation.

All in all, while some of the anchors are trying to be condescending, the experts appear to be pretty balanced.

He said he has trained with SEALS and DELTA

But he is from SWAT team. So even he is not experienced to comment on SF

Yerna
BRFite

Postby Yerna » 29 Nov 2008 01:17

I got an email today with video captures of Terrorists at CST caught on CCTV. Two guys in their 20's, well groomed and wearing T shirts carrying AK-47's and a blue bag. I haven't seen those pictures published on any major news outlets except this one in BBC

svinayak
BRF Oldie

Postby svinayak » 29 Nov 2008 01:18

rgsrini wrote:
Why is what some TV expert in the US said relevant to us? Let the armchair quarterback dogs bark.

CNN is a mouthpiece of the US government and we need to monitor which way they are leaning in this case. They are moulding public opinion now and it is important to understand what they are trying to do.

Acharya wrote:
SwamyG wrote:It appears India is getting pressures from Western countries. The normal reaction would be to ignore these events and move on, But this time the events are dissected to far greater depth and complaints are being made. Why? Definitely there is an agenda. India could be dragged into Paki issues even more.

NDTV showed that PM called Pak to send ISI chief.

Obama staff as being asked about foriegn policy. They are being projected as mediators between India and Pakistan. The new administration wants to bring peace and start the dialogue between India and Pakistan

NYTimes has articles leading in this way.ue

sampat
BRFite

Postby sampat » 29 Nov 2008 01:19

yerna Check this link for higher resolution pictures

http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/2008/11/mumbai_under_attack.html

disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Postby disha » 29 Nov 2008 01:19

rgsrini wrote:Acharya, I don't think he was talking about SEALS. He was talking about the SWAT team.

It is generally the anchors which delude themselves after watching Superman kind of movies. When the rubber meets the road, the SWAT team will be doing the job. US and UK are watching this keenly. As time has proven, what happens in India today happens in west tomorrow. They are scared and this is a vulnerability which has been exploited here and can be exploited anywhere.

shyamd
BRF Oldie

Postby shyamd » 29 Nov 2008 01:22

Looks like at an intelligence level, Indian intel has passed on info to the concerned agencies that British Paki's were involved. Israeli's were the first to report it.

Debka Reports
Israeli defense minister said in an Israeli Channel 1 TV interview that the bodies bore signs that they had been bound hand and foot. Examinations, he disclosed, showed the Israeli women had been killed before the men.

BijuShet
BRFite

Postby BijuShet » 29 Nov 2008 01:25

Acharya wrote:

He said he has trained with SEALS and DELTA

But he is from SWAT team. So even he is not experienced to comment on SF

Delta boys did participate in Somalia and from that ops the only thing that came out was a commercially successful book/movie. AFAIK Somalia as a country is still fcuked so its time we learnt to ignore the media comments and the opinion of the so called experts. Now is the time for GoI to shape others opinions with it's actions. If we act decisively like in 1971 then world will follow our lead. Otherwise outsiders will force the plays in this game and we will be left on the sidelines. No one wants to mess with a mad elephant and right now we need to act like one. Otherwise we will be talked down and some rewards will be thrown our way to satiate this anger.

kobe
BRFite

Postby kobe » 29 Nov 2008 01:29

american intelligence and terrorism "experts" making a fool
of themselves on TV

stephen cohen mentioned "home grown" or a "combination"
of indian and pakistani muslims

this is just after they had played an audio of a pig talking
in NW pakistani accent which every kid in india can recognise

these americans spend billions of $ on CIA and they have
no clue about pakistan being the center of terrorism in the entire world.

adarshp
BRFite -Trainee

Postby adarshp » 29 Nov 2008 01:46

I hope no more lives of innocents or indian forces are lost and the pigs are killed now. I had been planning to comment on this later, but...

I would like to see the indian forces being the best in the world, the ones that the world is envious of and yearns to learn from. Unfortunately, the current situation, even if we kill the terrorists needs a lot of explanation. These operations for the terrorists seem to have met their objectives and defeated ours thus far. Even if we do kill them now, the damage is done and the objective lost. We will need to make sure that what happened now never happens again. We will have to evolve our tactics, we will have to disect and train against this and worse scenarios and be operationally ready to ensure this does not become as bleeding a situation as this has become, including arming with weapons modified to defeat the current weaknesses of our weapons and supporting equipment.

One thing has been pissing me off since yesterday. I have seen top brass eager (wether they show by expressions or not) to give media interviews and claim operations are over or will be over shortly. I wonder why. The prudent course of action here and the correct way to do this that while operations are on, operational commanders should direct and provide reports on the situation (officers in the operating force on the ground). I dont see why Army commanders and DG's need to be making operational briefings at this time. That should only happen at the end at wrap up. I would like to see the top brass show more maturity than this. Such individuals do not inspire confidence in me that they are the kind of people who can operate as per procedure and resist pressure from politicians asking for quick results at all costs, causing the troops to break protocol and procedure. I also heard a comment like 'Kabza' from the DG. This is not the military way of describing the situation. Not operational language befitting the top commander of the most elite special force in India. I hope someone takes notice and sets our house in order.

vdutta
BRFite

Postby vdutta » 29 Nov 2008 01:47

Yerna wrote:I got an email today with video captures of Terrorists at CST caught on CCTV. Two guys in their 20's, well groomed and wearing T shirts carrying AK-47's and a blue bag. I haven't seen those pictures published on any major news outlets except this one in BBC

those pics and more have been released and shown all over media since the day one.....

Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Postby Mort Walker » 29 Nov 2008 01:50

Western govts., particularly the US are going to be compelled to intervene when their citizens are killed and its businesses operating in India feel pinched. There will be lots of pressure on GoI.

R_Kumar
BRFite

Postby R_Kumar » 29 Nov 2008 01:51

Sid wrote:4> Our politicians failed us like always. EDITED LKA started playing politics even before NSG engaged porkies. why porkies never target such creatures.

JMT

We can easily see where is your priority.

AlbertPinto
BRFite -Trainee

Postby AlbertPinto » 29 Nov 2008 01:54

maitya wrote:What is this "intel co-oeration" being planned - why do we need to share anything with anybody - to allow it to be handed over to the culprits so that tracks can be erased.
US, UK, Israel ramp up intelligence aid to India
WASHINGTON: Unprecedented intelligence cooperation involving investigating agencies and spy outfits of India, United States, United Kingdom and
Israel has got

I already have a sinking feeling about all these ...

Please don't hint at anything suggestive my friend. You too may run the risk of being banned or branded "Paki" "Troll" like me. Anyways, thanks for the link and for keeping an open mind. Someone with basic training in Math should not start with a bias to a belief in either way but, sadly, most people do. The ultimate question to be answered is "Cui Bono?" - ultimately who benefits.

As someone whose whole family got uprooted and turned into refugee in his own country and had to start literally from the streets after the partition of India, me and my family have some knowledge of how destabilization is masterminded. And it hurts to be branded as a "Paki".

It may not be a bad idea to try connect things to get the bigger picture - Monsanto/Syngenta/Car-gill pushing GM seeds to our farmers thru govt support, huge farmland in Punjab and Hariyana being leased by ElRo group in collusion with Indian companies for crop export to ensure Europe's food safety, Chidambaram not giving go ahead to print more and more money to bail out failing corporate sector, Mumbai terror attacks...

Geopol is not isolated disjoint events but a game of chess - at least 30 moves thought ahead.

Most probably this post will be censored too and I'll be banned. But that's ok now that I know there are many whos try to weigh all info and form their own opinion.

And again SALUTE to the ARMY and NSG for the lightening response.

{Dear Albert Pinto: Clearly you are not banned, or you would not have been able to post that. But you do seem to have a "Shaheed" wish as applied to postors, that sounds a bit whiny and infantile, and it is understandable if someone took that as a sign of Pakiness. Sorry, I am unable to indulge your desire to have your post "censored". Cheers }
Last edited by enqyoob on 29 Nov 2008 02:01, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: whining

shyamd
BRF Oldie

Postby shyamd » 29 Nov 2008 01:54

Mumbai terror attack planned 6 months ago
An arrested terrorist has revealed that the Mumbai terror attack operation was planned about six months ago.

Investigators are examining satellite phone and GPS found on trawler seized in Arabian Sea.

Sources have told NDTV that data from GPS revealed terrorists sailed from Karachi harbour on November 12 or 13. Their phone was used to call Lashkar commander Yusuf Muzamil in Muzaffarabad.

The group of terrorists stayed in Karachi for about four days. The mobile phone found on a dead terrorist was used to make calls to Pakistan.

On November 18, Coast Guard had warned of possibility of infiltration by sea route.

Shalav
BRFite

Postby Shalav » 29 Nov 2008 01:55

BijuShet wrote:.. If we act decisively like in 1971 then world will follow our lead. Otherwise outsiders will force the plays in this game and we will be left on the sidelines. No one wants to mess with a mad elephant and right now we need to act like one. Otherwise we will be talked down and some rewards will be thrown our way to satiate this anger.

Quite right!

There are only two ways to handle a maddened elephant.

You let it rampage and then let it calm down after its anger is soothed.

OR

You try to kill it with ENORMOUS cost.

No one can kill a maddened 'appu' without paying a VERY VERY heavy price. The problem with this is Manmohini is looking for any excuse to negotiate another 'peace'!

rgsrini
BRFite

Postby rgsrini » 29 Nov 2008 02:00

Shalav wrote:Do you really think any public opinion other than the Indian public opinion matters right now? Kindly abandon the "log kya kahengay" syndrome.

Please don't jump into concusions without understanding where I am coming from. There is no question that it is we Indians who will decide how and where we will respond. That doesn't mean we need to do it in a vacuum, in a blind seething rage.

US is still a big player in geo politics and they can be a significant nuisance value or provide us a big breathing space by armtwisting other world opinions (just like it happened in the Nuke deal). It is good to monitor world opinions and take appropriate counter actions and/or mould it to suit us.

Besides the US's assistance will be invaluable in several areas including intelligence inputs, crippling the financial strength(freezing assets etc) and military strength of TSP (spare parts etc). The major powers aligned with us will certainly make the job easier than the world on a tangent.

If you chose to close your eyes and play "Rambo" in a blind rage, that is your choice. I will want my country to plan it and execute the revenge with a cool head.

AlbertPinto
BRFite -Trainee

Postby AlbertPinto » 29 Nov 2008 02:01

kobe wrote:american intelligence and terrorism "experts" making a fool
of themselves on TV

stephen cohen mentioned "home grown" or a "combination"
of indian and pakistani muslims

this is just after they had played an audio of a pig talking
in NW pakistani accent which every kid in india can recognise

these americans spend billions of $ on CIA and they have
no clue about pakistan being the center of terrorism in the entire world.

They HAVE all hte clues my friend. Please recall the 80s and who created the Talibans.

Shalav
BRFite

Postby Shalav » 29 Nov 2008 02:04

{deleted}
Last edited by enqyoob on 29 Nov 2008 02:10, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: gratuitously obnoxious

Duangkomon
BRFite -Trainee

Postby Duangkomon » 29 Nov 2008 02:05

vdutta wrote:
Yerna wrote:I got an email today with video captures of Terrorists at CST caught on CCTV. Two guys in their 20's, well groomed and wearing T shirts carrying AK-47's and a blue bag. I haven't seen those pictures published on any major news outlets except this one in BBC

those pics and more have been released and shown all over media since the day one.....

Is this one of the 2 pigs that got killed at Girgaum when confronted by police?

NRao
BRF Oldie

Postby NRao » 29 Nov 2008 02:06

Canadian man ignored knock at Oberoi in Mumbai: CNN

"You know, I was the luckiest man on Earth before. Now I'm the double luckiest man on Earth," he said adding that he feels "very, very bad for the people in India."

"If I could give one message to your audience, they should go to their travel agent and buy a ticket to Mumbai," he urged.

"Please go. Please go. They need your support," he said.
Last edited by NRao on 29 Nov 2008 02:12, edited 1 time in total.

Shalav
BRFite

Postby Shalav » 29 Nov 2008 02:06

AlbertPinto wrote:They HAVE all hte clues my friend. Please recall the 80s and who created the Talibans.

The paki created the taliban after hekmatyar couldn't dislodge Masood from Kabul.

You don't know your history. {Gratuitous rudeness. I am leaving that there for all 2 c. BTW, he knows history better than you are pott-e-trained. Please stop being obnoxious if you can. }
Last edited by enqyoob on 29 Nov 2008 02:32, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Needlessly rude to other postors

enqyoob
BRF Oldie

Postby enqyoob » 29 Nov 2008 02:08

One simple exercise to see why the present western dichotomy between "Al Qaida" and "Pakistan" is bogus:

This attack has a number of similarities to 1993, when teams of Pakistani saboteurs, with some conscious or unconscious help from several stupid Indians, tried to destroy Mumbai. The link to Pakistan was unmistakable - the guns and ammo were Pak Army Ordnance, the detonators had been sold by other nations to the Pakistan Army...

The evidence was handed over to the American FBI / other entities for "sophisticated forensics" and never seen again.

So ... where was the "Al Qaida" (meaning Osama's organization, according to the "western intelligence") in 1993? It was very much an American/ British creation, funded, organized, trained by the Americans and British through their Paki proxies, and even directly.

Think through that... the lying from DupliCity and Londonistan is so disgusting that I am in danger of banning myself.

rgsrini
BRFite

Postby rgsrini » 29 Nov 2008 02:09

{Deleted}
Last edited by enqyoob on 29 Nov 2008 02:13, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: UN-mandated Ceasefire

Hariprasad
BRFite

Postby Hariprasad » 29 Nov 2008 02:11

sampat wrote:yerna Check this link for higher resolution pictures

http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/2008/11/mumbai_under_attack.html

Great link. Really high res pics.

enqyoob
BRF Oldie

Postby enqyoob » 29 Nov 2008 02:12

If this was taken by one of the papparazzi b4 any police got there, how come this Paki is bleeding from near its nose, I wonder.

NRao
BRF Oldie

Postby NRao » 29 Nov 2008 02:14

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/29/world ... el.html?hp

U.S. Intelligence Focuses on Pakistani Group

By MARK MAZZETTI
Published: November 28, 2008

WASHINGTON — American intelligence and counterterrorism officials said Friday there is mounting evidence that a Pakistani militant group long focused on the conflict in Kashmir, most likely Lashkar- e-Taiba, is responsible for the deadly attacks in Mumbai.

The American officials cautioned that they have reached no hard conclusions about who was responsible for the operation, as well as how it was planned and carried out. Nevertheless, they said that evidence gathered over the past two days pointed to a role for Lashkar-e-Taiba, or possibly another Pakistani group based in Kashmir, Jaish-e-Muhammad.

The American officials insisted on anonymity in describing their current thinking declined to discuss the intelligence information that they said pointed to Kashmiri militants.

Lashkar-e-Taiba on Thursday denied any responsibility for the terrorist strikes. American intelligence agencies believe Lashkar-e-Taiba has in the past received some training and logistical support t from Pakistan’s powerful spy service, the Directorate for Inter-services Intelligence, or I.S.I.. American officials said Friday that there was no evidence that the Pakistani government had any role in the Mumbai attacks.

Pakistani officials announced Friday that the head of the ISI, Lt. Gen. Ahmed Shuja Pasha, would travel to India to assist the Indian government with their investigation into the attacks. American and Indian officials for years have blamed Lashkar-e-Taiba for a campaign of violence against high-profile targets throughout India, including the December 2001 attack on the Indian Parliament building in New Delhi and an August 2007 strike at an amusement park in Hyderabad. At times, Indian officials have also said identified Jaish-e-Mohammed as responsible for the 2001 attack on the Parliament.

A State Department report released earlier this year called Lashkar-e-Taiba “one of the largest and most proficient of the Kashmiri-focused militant groups.” The report said that the group draws funding in part from Pakistani expatriot communities in the Middle East, despite the freezing of its assets by the United States and Pakistani government in 2002, after the attack on the Indian Parliament.

The report said that the actual size of the group is unknown, but estimated its strength at “several thousand” members.

Lashkar-e-Taiba has for the most part not targeted westerners in past attacks, as the attackers in Mumbai seem to have done. But one counterterrorism official said on Friday that the group “has not pursued an exclusively Kashmiri agenda” and that the group might certainly go after westerners to advance a broader goals.

The official said that there is also strong evidence that Lashkar-e-Taiba has a “maritime capability” and would definitely have been capable of mounting the sophisticated operation in Mumbai, which intelligence officials believe began when the attackers arrived in the city in small boats.

American and Indian officials are pursuing the possibility that the attackers arrived off the coast of Mumbai in a larger merchant ship, and then boarded the smaller boats before they launched the attack.

Even as a Kashmiri connection to the attacks began to emerge on Friday, American officials said there were puzzled by some developments of the past two days. For instance, they said they still know next to nothing about a group called the Deccan Mujahideen that has allegedly taken responsibility for the attacks.

Terrorism experts have said there is no evidence that the group was involved in past strikes, and speculated that the name was made up by another militant group to mask responsibility for the attacks.

Shalav
BRFite

Postby Shalav » 29 Nov 2008 02:15

{You have been warned mildly, and now you have a final warning. Get pott-e-trained. Your posting behavior stinks.

To repeat: Final warning. Clean up your act, and clean up NOW. Thanks! }
Last edited by enqyoob on 29 Nov 2008 02:39, edited 4 times in total.
Reason: repeated obnoxious behavior ignoring 2 warnings.

George J
BRFite

Postby George J » 29 Nov 2008 02:16

TIMES NOW Ticker: ISI Chief NOT coming to India.

g.sarkar
BRF Oldie

Postby g.sarkar » 29 Nov 2008 02:17

rgsrini wrote: Please don't jump into concusions without understanding where I am coming from. There is no question that it is we Indians who will decide how and where we will respond. That doesn't mean we need to do it in a vacuum, in a blind seething rage. US is still a big player in geo politics and they can be a significant nuisance value or provide us a big breathing space by armtwisting other world opinions (just like it happened in the Nuke deal). ....Besides the US's assistance will be invaluable in several areas including intelligence inputs, crippling the financial strength(freezing assets etc) and military strength of TSP (spare parts etc). The major powers aligned with us will certainly make the job easier than the world on a tangent. If you chose to close your eyes and play "Rambo" in a blind rage, that is your choice. I will want my country to plan it and execute the revenge with a cool head.

I am afraid it is too late, MMS has already decided to give them the store, US is not going assist us. Let me ask you, is this not a case of having a rage? When will we act in a righteous anger? Since when we have ever planned and executed revenge with a cool head?Read what NYT writes. MMS has not asked the ISI boss to come to be accused of some thing. He is coming as a Co-sufferer of terrorism, to cooperate with Indian intelligence community as an equal at Indian PMs request. So, it is == all the way. So solly.
From NYT "ISLAMABAD, Pakistan— The chief of Pakistan’s powerful intelligence organization will make an extraordinary visit to India to assist in the investigation of the Mumbai attacks, Pakistani officials said Friday.
The decision to send Lt. Gen. Ahmed Shuja Pasha, the director general of Inter-Services Intelligence, or ISI, will mark the first time an ISI chief will visit rival India. It was not immediately clear, however, when General Pasha would leave for India.
The move is being seen as an attempt by Pakistan’s civilian government to allay Indian concerns after accusations of Pakistani involvement in the attacks surfaced almost immediately.
In a televised speech Thursday, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh of India blamed forces “based outside this country” of involvement in the attacks. A day later, India’s foreign minister, Pranab Mukherjee, was quoted by the Press Trust of India as saying that, according to preliminary reports, “some elements in Pakistan are responsible.”
India and Pakistan, which have fought two wars, have repeatedly accused each other of fomenting unrest. While India has accused the ISI of abetting terrorism in the disputed Himalayan region of Kashmir, Pakistan has accused India of supporting an insurgency in southwestern Baluchistan Province.
Distrust and acrimony between the two nuclear powers has hampered efforts toward normalizing relations. The Mumbai attacks, which killed at least 150 people, fueled apprehension that relations between the two neighbors would plunge to a new low.
Pakistani officials said the decision to send General Pasha to India was reached during a conversation between the prime ministers of both countries Friday.
“Prime Minister Syed Yousaf Raza Gilani called the Indian prime minister, Manmohan Singh, Friday morning at 11 a.m. to condemn the attacks,” Zahid Bashir, Mr. Gilani’s spokesperson said by telephone.
“The Indian prime minister stressed the need of intelligence sharing and evolving a joint strategy to counter terrorism,” Mr. Bashir said. “Dr. Singh requested the prime minister to send the D.G. ISI to India to help in the investigations.”
“Once the modalities are worked out, the ISI chief will leave for India,” Mr. Bashir said.
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/29/world ... an.html?hp
Gautam

NRao
BRF Oldie

Postby NRao » 29 Nov 2008 02:18

Such an attack IMHO is a precursor to a similar attack on western soil. A practice run if you will.

Hariprasad
BRFite

Postby Hariprasad » 29 Nov 2008 02:18

narayanan wrote:

If this was taken by one of the papparazzi b4 any police got there, how come this Paki is bleeding from near its nose, I wonder.

edited.
Last edited by Hariprasad on 29 Nov 2008 02:20, edited 1 time in total.

SaiK
BRF Oldie

Postby SaiK » 29 Nov 2008 02:19

Guys.. we should tell the western world, that you guys have no idea about AQ and its work.. Osama is still being hunted by big advanced nations, with high profile help from their staunch ally Porkistan. Neither SD or CNN nor any high IQ nation on the planet succeeded in getting them zeroed.

Furthermore, time has come for our nation to call this for unity, where we stand.. keeping religion apart. People from the vulnerable communities MUST come forward and start pledging their support to where they stand.

From a holistic sense, IQ is lower for many a people, more so in the larger sections of the advanced nations, than here. India's loop holes needs to be plugged, and we can do it.. But, we have our own politics that is needed to be corrected.

We need to separate administration for crisis management, and perhaps Joint chief may take the responsibility should the govt. fail to cover within a stipulated period of time.. guys no more of this cr@p we can accept from any govt. all political parties are equally competent to do this crap., and all equally insane to do silly things.

We need these incidents and make a policy based politics rather people or party based.. lets gather strength towards this.

Return to “Terrorism Archive”