Terror Attacks on Mumbai-II

Neshant
BRF Oldie

Re: Terror Attacks on Mumbai-II

Post by Neshant »

> btw I own the trademark on the term "girlie boy" being used here now.

Give that man a Cigar..... !!

someone..

sunilUpa
BRFite

Post by sunilUpa »

Austin wrote:Indeed very nice reporting by Arnab , Dawoods name has surfaced in this and previous acts of terrorism , why is GOI so shy in sending a hit squad to relieve D and his people of their misery ?
Hit squads are what minimum required.

I am glad that Taj is standing..scarred but standing proudly. They sure wanted to reduce it to rubble. Dome is intact.
Anant
BRFite

Post by Anant »

You'd need significantly more than 33 kg of RDX to bring down the Taj or Oberoi or even the Nariman House. RDX, which is a stable explosive, does have extremely high velocity during explosion but you'd need a crap ton more. Unless of course the building was pre-weakened. 100 kg of RDX is roughly equivalent to 118.5 kg of TNT so not a huge bit of difference (besides stability in handling). RDX won't detonate without the appropriate detonator. To give more of an idea, the Oklahoma City Bombing required nearly 5000 pounds of Ammonium Nitrate to bring down the Murrows Building. So either they had a ton more explosive somewhere or that is just a ruse. My belief is that yea they might have wanted bombings but the jist was still to randomly strafe, grenade and kill people. They had plenty in that regard to do damage in confined spaces. By the way, girly boy, I hope your will to live is strong. I hope they cut you to pieces and feed you to vultures you POS.
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

R_Kumar wrote:
darshan wrote:I sincerely hope that India has finally found a real journalist in the name of Arnab.
I hope he doesn't go that bia*** burkha dutt way. She became very popular during Kargil war.
Yeah, I am dreading the day when he will let us down. Till that let us just ensoy.

Meanwhile Congress asks why ship in troubled waters
putnanja
BRF Oldie

Post by putnanja »

The agni pareeksha for pakistan to prove that it wants to cooperate will have to be that they hand over dawood and chota shakeel. Nothing less than that will do. If dawood or chota shakeel "escape" or "meet with an accident" , then pakis will have to expect more retaliation from india.
samuel
BRFite

Post by samuel »

But some basic inventory is still missing, at least from public view.

*Kitney Admi
*Kitne Bum.
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

Raj wrote:
samuel wrote:So where is all the explosive necessary to accomplish that?
Is that recovered.

I know someone said that all are accounted for: 28.
But the killed and captured do not add up to that, do they?
According to captured pakisatani terrorist the RDX(explosives ) were already in Mumbai.
I remember there was a news report yesterday that 8kg(?) of RDX was found close to Taj.
could it be that the 60kg RDX the NDTV and IBN Live pulled out of their bottoms few months ago a preamble for this attack?

Hope ATS interrogates Barkha and the other Tehelka girl in this line..

:evil:
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

faraz wrote:Jake, NSG Commandos do reveal their faces. Atleast, they did that in Akshardham Temple operation. Many newspapers had pictures of NSG Commandos during that time. I am not sure why MARCOS hide their faces though.
because MARCOS operates under cover in many CI operations.
in J&K they sport beards and masquerade as terrorists in order to kill them off.
go through BR resources on SF.
and also,
http://www.bharat-rakshak.com/NAVY/hist ... wular.html
sum
BRF Oldie

Post by sum »

Pakis sure shooting themselves in the foot by first agreeing to send ISI chief and then backtracking giving the entire world a view of their slimness...

Big mistake to go back on something which MMS was tom-toming about in the media( though even the ISI chief coming is not a earth shattering event). Atleast, hope that this act of Pakis raises MMS's BP(which the Mumbai attack doesnt seem to have done) and we see some concrete action.
Sai
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Sai »

SSridhar wrote:Guys, it has been a very elaborate action by the terrorists as it is obvious now. Let me summarize:
  • The idea was to enact a 'JW Marriott' of the Taj & Trident
What was the point of CST diversion then? Terrorists just being terrorists?
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

samuel wrote:But some basic inventory is still missing, at least from public view.

*Kitney Admi
*Kitne Bum.
Kautilya would say we will never know the actual figures.
sunilUpa
BRFite

Post by sunilUpa »

Dry fruits indicate they expected GoI to negotiate, not exterminate them. JMT
anishns
BRFite

Post by anishns »

RATAN TATA at the Taj already!
hats off to the man!
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

Harshad wrote:
SSridhar wrote:TimesNow report from intel sources:

The plan was to do exactly the same as blowing up Marriott at Islamabad.
If so why take kaju kishmis badaam etc?
There are at least two reasons.

One, they wanted to inflict as much damage before actually blowing up the two hotels which meant they expetcted to be holed up in the Taj & Trident for a few days
Second, the badaam etc were needed during the journey from Karachi which probably took 2 or 3 days.
Jay
BRFite

Post by Jay »

I urge the people of Mumbai and elsewhere to attend the funeral services of the brave and victims alike. Thats the least we can do now. Is there a way we folks here at BR can do to express our gratitude? There's gotta be something we can do and chip in to show our support.
samuel
BRFite

Post by samuel »

OK, so the basic idea that you can blow up all the hotels for 33KG of RDX is as BS as it appears at first blush. Saline-dude says that they came here to do the same number as Islamabad. All the RDX was waiting for them here.

This doesn't add up.

Unless,

a) that is what they were told they were going to do, meaning he is truly singing, but the explosive just wasn't there.

b) Or, he's truly singing, RDX is there, we don't have everyone and...

c) Or, what?

How can we be rejoicing with so much uncertainty?
sunilUpa
BRFite

Post by sunilUpa »

Major Unnikrishnan's funeral is being held at Bangalore. It has already started..public are paying their respect. May be some from B'Lore pay our respect?
milindc
BRFite

Post by milindc »

Madhusudhan wrote:BR folks - Can someone collate all the concrete methods to show appreciation to police, firemen, NSG, Army, etc? Contribution to different funds? It would be great to have a fund for all of the brave souls that fought for our country
SHQ & I were thinking along the same lines. We both are willing to contribute and also I will volunteer to personally visit and hand over our contribution. I'm thinking we should also have a framed commendation from 'Citizens of India'. We should also ponder about creating a support framework for families of these shaheeds.
akumar
BRFite -Trainee

Post by akumar »

Let me stick my neck out and made some predications for the Girly Boy

- These are initial hot moment. Wait for the usual “civil society” vermin’s to crawl out to defend him. He will shortly be the cause célèbre of the fifth columnists.
- In next 18 to 24 months he should be the acquitted. Expect Amar Singh to fund his defence along with the tag team of Abu Azmi and Majid Menon
- He is reasonably filmy looking. Expect Mahesh Bhat or to offer a leading role for him.
- He will be soon judging reality shows on Indian channel.
- In next 5 years he will be a “former militant” and security experts for channels like CNN, BBC etc.

All in all nice career progression for a paki.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

India’s strategic deafness & the massacre in Mumbai

http://www.hindu.com/2008/11/29/stories ... 970800.htm
In fact, the available evidence suggests that the boot is on the other foot: despite credible intelligence that terrorists were planning attacks in Mumbai and elsewhere, India’s political leadership failed to act.
Back in 2002, Indian intelligence informants began reporting that Lashkar operatives were being trained in marine commando techniques along the Mangla Dam, which straddles the border between Pakistan-administered Kashmir and the province of Punjab. It soon became clear that the Lashkar, which found it increasingly difficult to penetrate India’s Line of Control defences, was hoping to open new routes across the Indian Ocean — routes which would give it easy access to key cities like Mumbai.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

Arrested terrorist says gang hoped to get away

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Arre ... 771598.cms
One source in ATS familiar with the details of the interrogation quoted him saying that in all 16 fidayeens came to Mumbai on Wednesday. A native of Faridkot in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir (PoK), 21-year-old Kasab told police they had done a reccee of Mumbai few months ago. He said he had come along with eight of the operatives to Mumbai as students and lived in a rented room at Colaba market, a stone's throw away from Nariman House.
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

Sai wrote:
SSridhar wrote:Guys, it has been a very elaborate action by the terrorists as it is obvious now. Let me summarize:
  • The idea was to enact a 'JW Marriott' of the Taj & Trident
What was the point of CST diversion then? Terrorists just being terrorists?
Cause maximum anarchy. Give an impression that Mumbai roads are unsafe. Also divert attention and spread the police thin while the other terrorists in the Taj & Trident enact their carnage.
Ashwin B
BRFite

Post by Ashwin B »

Seriously though, why did the kid (a.k.a Girly Boy (c)) ask for saline?
If he's dehydrated wouldn't he ask for water or wouldn't he be given electrolytes (Electral/Gatorade kind of stuff) ?
Why saline? Is that how they treat drug addicts? Maybe he was on drugs all this while to keep him going.
Otherwise why would he flinch at the sight of his mangled colleague?

Sounds strange.
lakshmikanth
BRFite

Post by lakshmikanth »

samuel wrote:OK, so the basic idea that you can blow up all the hotels for 33KG or RDX is BS as it appears at first blush. Saline-dude says that they came here to do the same number as Islamabad. All the RDX was waiting for them here.

This doesn't add up.

Unless,

a) that is what they were told they were going to do, meaning he is truly singing, but the explosive just wasn't there.

b) Or, he's truly singing, RDX is there, we don't have everyone and...

c) Or, what?

How can we be rejoicing with so much uncertainty?
Here is a simple plan bring in RDX/Explosive in (300 - 400 kgs) store it in sympathizers houses. When other teams create diversions elsewhere, the Taj team gets a Truck, load it up drive it up to Taj, either suicide or set a timer and leave.

To me it looks like something from the terrorists planning seriously did not go as planned, that should be obvious with girly-pig, whose testicles would be probably be detached from him now, getting caught.

There is also a good chance that Girly-Boy would be a free man soon, going by how impotent our political leadership is.
sunilUpa
BRFite

Post by sunilUpa »

Ashwin B wrote:Seriously though, why did the kid (a.k.a Girly Boy (c)) ask for saline?
If he's dehydrated wouldn't he ask for water or wouldn't he be given electrolytes (Electral/Gatorade kind of stuff) ?
Why saline? Is that how they treat drug addicts? Maybe he was on drugs all this while to keep him going.
Otherwise why would he flinch at the sight of his mangled colleague?

Sounds strange.
If you lose blood, you need to replenish, saline followed by plasma/blood.
milindc
BRFite

Post by milindc »

DELETED - UNACCEPTABLE LANGUAGE
Sai
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Sai »

SSridhar wrote:
Sai wrote: What was the point of CST diversion then? Terrorists just being terrorists?
Cause maximum anarchy. Give an impression that Mumbai roads are unsafe. Also divert attention and spread the police thin while the other terrorists in the Taj & Trident enact their carnage.
They smuggled in RDX into the hotel(s) much before the carnage began. Couldn't they have wired it all up in four corners of the hotel and walked out to detonate?
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

Raj wrote:Per CNN IBN: Piglet came to the window to throw a grenade outside. The NSG Commondos shot him and he fell into Yama's hands.
double tap, instant death !
Dilbu
BRF Oldie

Post by Dilbu »

The name NSG is on everyone's lips. Whole of India now knows who the real heroes are. They now know who talks the talk and who walks the walk. My salutes to all the fallen heroes. I thank you from the bottom of my heart. Your story will inspire coming generations of Indians.

Personally I just saw the impossible happen. My mom called me up and said she shouldn't have resisted when I wanted to join the army and especially NSG, 10 years back. Well at 25 its too late for me now but I am happy.
lakshmikanth
BRFite

Post by lakshmikanth »

Rahul M wrote:
Raj wrote:Per CNN IBN: Piglet came to the window to throw a grenade outside. The NSG Commondos shot him and he fell into Yama's hands.
double tap, instant death !
Can somone put the clip on youtube or upload it somewhere... Thats going to be my wallpaper.
narmad
BRFite

Post by narmad »

it was reported earlier that the NSG was trying to corner the terrorist and capture him alive.
Sumeet
BRFite

Post by Sumeet »

ramana,

its 48 pages now. we can have a new thread. please close this one.
R_Kumar
BRFite

Post by R_Kumar »

DELETED - UNACCEPTABLE LANGUAGE
samuel
BRFite

Post by samuel »

Yes, RDX comes in waits.
Advance guard checks in, jihadi hotel employee gives special access.

RDX inside few rooms in packaged suitcases.
2 people per room, 4 rooms, 3 suitcases per person,
so total 24 suitcases, 22KG each.

Team enters from shore, splits.
Team A, north diversion.
Team B, west diversion.
Team C, south, to target.

Arrive at hotel. Have dinner.
Go to rooms 666, 999 and 111.
Wire it all up.

Start general mayhem.
Wait for people and forces to gather.
Push button.

Did not happen like this, which seems a straightforward method if RDX was already there, why?

Why all the show-off?

Any way, glad we are safe, for now. Something doesn't add up.

Good night anyway.
Rahul Shukla
BRFite

Post by Rahul Shukla »

So the plan was to do a Kandhar-II and they must have been told that yindoos would cave in when informed of the hostages. OOOPS!!!

NSG rocks! Salute!
Jay
BRFite

Post by Jay »

Gajendra Singh's last rights being performed, very moving.....
milindc
BRFite

Post by milindc »

R_Kumar wrote:
milindc wrote:After all Rajdeep has a heart, I can see his eyes are wet at Shri Karkare's funeral.
I am sure you must have seen tears in Bollywood movie. There are so many ways to force tears in eyes.
There is no way this moron has any pain for the country that he calls his home.
I have been trying to find if in fact he is citizen of India. Both Sagarika and he are based out of US. At least he might have a PR in US, which will be good ammunition to have if confirmed.
R_Kumar
BRFite

Post by R_Kumar »

Jay wrote:Gajendra Singh's last rights being performed, very moving.....
I wish they wouldn't have allowed any Neta near his funeral.
Last edited by R_Kumar on 29 Nov 2008 10:32, edited 1 time in total.
sunilUpa
BRFite

Post by sunilUpa »

Havildar Gajendra Singh funeral in New Delhi.