Terror Attacks on Mumbai-II

SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Re: Terror Attacks on Mumbai-II

Post by SSridhar »

TimesNow report from intel sources:

The plan was to do exactly the same as blowing up Marriott at Islamabad.
NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

While in custody, the sole surviving terrorist, who wants to live, should be made to do Yoga?
samuel
BRFite

Post by samuel »

So where is all the explosive necessary to accomplish that?
Is that recovered.

I know someone said that all are accounted for: 28.
But the killed and captured do not add up to that, do they?
Sudip
BRFite

Post by Sudip »

SSridhar wrote:TimesNow report from intel sources:

and that they couldnt due it due to unexpected resistance from the security. awesome
lakshmikanth
BRFite

Post by lakshmikanth »

Hope those explosives are not set to explode in say an hour!!!
R_Kumar
BRFite

Post by R_Kumar »

What a surprise PIG says-

I WANT TO LIVE
Scarcity of virgins upstairs??
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

There was news earlier that 25 Kg of RDX was recovered.

TimesNow reports that the explosives were in Mumbai before they landed and explosives are there inside Trident & Taj.

The idea was to reduce both Taj & Trident to rubble and unable to be rebuilt a la 9/11
anishns
BRFite

Post by anishns »

Patience my friend......the siege is over
Over the hours/days/weeks the plot will unravel!
samuel wrote:So where is all the explosive necessary to accomplish that?
Is that recovered.

Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

see I can spot star potential a mile away. told ya girlie boy would be the key. btw I own the trademark on the term "girlie boy" being used here now.

Major Unnikrishnan's body is being flown to bangalore. TV is showing people
gathered at his residence in ISRO layout in yelehanka (his father works in ISRO or used to). police will be laying a wreath.
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

Ratan Tata is supposed to have said that he will build it back brick - by - brick. They don't know the Tatas.

Was Pakistan's name ever dragged so much ever before on the media!
Last edited by SwamyG on 29 Nov 2008 09:35, edited 1 time in total.
sunilUpa
BRFite

Post by sunilUpa »

Major Unninathan and ATS chief funeral onway..NDTV
samuel.chandra
BRFite -Trainee

Post by samuel.chandra »

Keep Arnab on. Dont turn it off after the initial reports. We need to increase their TRP ratings.

http://www.idesitv.com -> Times now
SwamyG wrote:Was Arnab as good as this all the time? This is the first time I am seeing him.
Last edited by samuel.chandra on 29 Nov 2008 09:37, edited 1 time in total.
lakshmikanth
BRFite

Post by lakshmikanth »

Girlie Pig:
Before interrogation: I want to live!
After Interrogation in hospital and before being moved to an undiscloed location: I want to die!
Raj
BRFite

Post by Raj »

samuel wrote:So where is all the explosive necessary to accomplish that?
Is that recovered.

According to captured pakisatani terrorist the RDX(explosives ) were already in Mumbai.
I remember there was a news report yesterday that 8kg(?) of RDX was found close to Taj.
Last edited by Raj on 29 Nov 2008 09:37, edited 1 time in total.
Abhi_G
BRFite

Post by Abhi_G »

sunilUpa wrote:
Shyam_K wrote:

Must be the officers on board the hijacked India fishing vessel Kuber.
Jagan
Webmaster BR

Post by Jagan »

Singha wrote: btw I own the trademark on the term "girlie boy" being used here now.
Give that man a Cigar..... !!

someone..
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

I think they have forgotten how many time many mandirs like Somnath were rebuilt.
anishns
BRFite

Post by anishns »

Singhaji, apparently "girly boy" wet his pants when he saw the tattered body of his accomplice and then started singing like a nightingale to the Intelligence officials
Singha wrote:see I can spot star potential a mile away. told ya girlie boy would be the key. btw I own the trademark on the term "girlie boy" being used here now.

Major Unnikrishnan's body is being flown to bangalore. TV is showing people
gathered at his residence in ISRO layout in yelehanka (his father works in ISRO or used to). police will be laying a wreath.
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

samuel.chandra wrote:Keep Arnab on. Dont turn it off after the initial reports. We need to increase their TRP ratings.
SwamyG wrote:Was Arnab as good as this all the time? This is the first time I am seeing him.
I am watching him on the internet. Do the feeds count in the TRP ratings?
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

reports claim one pig captured alive in Taj. must have been taken out
of back door or still there, being 'debriefed' and given medical aid and food
to keep him in sound health for later.

also its claimed NSG deliberately started that fire to smoke them out.
the guy who fell out of window (if he was a terrorist as the fireman's fuzzy
pic seems to show) could have been moving around in the dark, but
suddenly become visible when backlit by the window.
lakshmikanth
BRFite

Post by lakshmikanth »

Let me guess:

Kandahar like Hijacking next... and Girlie Pig will be released????
Jay
BRFite

Post by Jay »

According to TIMESNOW quoting intel, the girly piggie on being stabilized by medical personnel was taken away by intelligence people to unknown location on Thursday morning for an extended Bhajan session and from the news coming it seems he's having a jolly good time with his pujaris.

Guys, I urge everyone to tune to TIMESNOW. Lots of info about how the authorities worked through all this and believe me saying it interesting is an understatement.
Muns
BRFite

Post by Muns »

Condolences to all those lost and all those s
uffering.
Thanks to the bravery of the armed forces and the commando's many more lives were saved.
An international story for 3 days now.

I got to admit, i was frustrated with the coverage been shown here in the states. Reports from Christian Amanpour, the Pakistani ambassador to the US and Islamabad based reporters like Reza Sayeh consistantly tried to keep Pakistan out of the picture and plead towards indigenous muslims and hindu terrorists.
They kept on about rebellious hyderabadi muslims (Deccan mujahideen), The Kashmir issue with kashmir being disputed and the need to be resolved. The fact that India Cannot take any action against Pakistan because the USA needs the pakis on the FATA border fighting their war on terror. The need for Indians to remain calm.
Plain and simple a massive propaganda attack with the media here to show confusion and disorganisation to a maximum.

The fact that we caught one of these guys is huge. It'll be hard to refute any of the above crap with one of these guys in custody. He's already spilling the beans on trying to create a 9/11 scenario....and the level of training by the LET in pakistan before catching the boat from karachi. HUGE! Our open ticket and free bill to attack and conduct Hot pursuit of these buggers across the LOC and and the possibility of strikes across the border.
We should use this for all its worth!.
Again Congrats to the armed forces and the commando's and it's upto all of us to see that we give the pakis what they deserve....a broken and split state.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Raj
BRFite

Post by Raj »

http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/asiapcf/1 ... esterners/
Authorities found 8 kilograms (17 pounds) of RDX, one of the most powerful military explosives, at a restaurant near the Taj, indicating that the attackers may have been planning more violence.
Sai
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Sai »

anishns wrote:Singhaji, apparently "girly boy" wet his pants when he saw the tattered body of his accomplice and then started singing like a nightingale to the Intelligence officials
And he nonchalantly shot at and murdered people, walking around, and chewing gum, maybe, if that is Islamic.

Is it confirmed 100% that the body falling out of the window is that of a terrorist?
samuel
BRFite

Post by samuel »

Or, the folks go in to pull one body out and the whole thing booby trapped blows. It ain't over till it's over. It is never over till it's over.

Or, we don't got the 28 or 29 in total, and the rest are there, waiting, for just the lull to finish it up. We need to count the bodies, clear the rooms, account for all info.

The RDX was here before they showed up. It was there, ready for them. 25Kg of that seems to have been recovered or was that 8 or 25+8 total. I don't think 8 kilos of RDX will bring Taj down, would it? I a not sure what 25 will do either...is there more.

I just have this feeling that there may be a connection to Malegaon, and there could not be a more perfect diversion for this one.

And something doesn't add up. Things don't tally.

I understand it will get sorted out, but it aint over yet.

S
Last edited by samuel on 29 Nov 2008 09:44, edited 1 time in total.
Sai
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Sai »

anishns wrote:Singhaji, apparently "girly boy" wet his pants when he saw the tattered body of his accomplice and then started singing like a nightingale to the Intelligence officials
And he nonchalantly shot at and murdered people, walking around, and chewing gum, maybe, if that is Islamic.

Is it confirmed 100% that the body falling out of the window is that of a terrorist?
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

Wow. They had hoped to get away. http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Arre ... 771598.cms
But that does not tie up with the point of causing maximum mayhem till they get killed.

Arnab keeps the canons on Pakistan.
sum
BRF Oldie

Post by sum »

Do we have two captured squealing pigs in our custody now or is it just one?

The one positive from this whole thing is that the aam junta has learnt a lot about our "mythical" MARCOS and NSG and feel safe seeing their exploits...No longer should we have ignorant IT-Vity types yapping about how cool if India had forces like Green Berets, Delta force, SEALs etc like in Hollywood. I myself gave an almost hour long lecture to all my colleagues about our capabilities in the SF domain and all were amazed(since they didn't even know that India had such elites)
Last edited by sum on 29 Nov 2008 09:50, edited 1 time in total.
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

I sincerely hope that India has finally found a real journalist in the name of Arnab.
sunilUpa
BRFite

Post by sunilUpa »

Sai wrote:

400% sure.

Lots of common citizens attending funerals of Major Unnikrishnan and Hemant karkare.
Last edited by sunilUpa on 29 Nov 2008 09:50, edited 1 time in total.
Madhusudhan
BRFite

Post by Madhusudhan »

BR folks - Can someone collate all the concrete methods to show appreciation to police, firemen, NSG, Army, etc? Contribution to different funds? It would be great to have a fund for all of the brave souls that fought for our country
Austin
BRF Oldie

Post by Austin »

Indeed very nice reporting by Arnab , Dawoods name has surfaced in this and previous acts of terrorism , why is GOI so shy in sending a hit squad to relieve D and his people of their misery ?
Shivani
BRFite

Post by Shivani »

lakshmikanth wrote:Let me guess:

Kandahar like Hijacking next... and Girlie Pig will be released????
No. Hijacking an airliner is difficult these days. If they could, they would have done so by now; and crashed into BARC or PMO WTC style.
Last edited by Shivani on 29 Nov 2008 09:53, edited 1 time in total.
R_Kumar
BRFite

Post by R_Kumar »

darshan wrote:I sincerely hope that India has finally found a real journalist in the name of Arnab.
I hope he doesn't go that bia*** burkha dutt way. She became very popular during Kargil war.
Sai
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Sai »

sunilUpa wrote:
Sai wrote:

400% sure.
Glad to know. I can't wait for Shiv's music video.

Here's the headline shivji: "The Trajectory of a Houri-Seeker"
kobe
BRFite

Post by kobe »

Anant wrote:Ramana,

I have monitored US media pretty much non stop from the start. I have seen 0 true Indian viewpoints presented and I am excepting the people that you mentioned.
who cares if "indian viewpoints" are not presented on barking dog CNN and FOX networks and slimy PBS networks?

indian viewpoints are very well presented on indian tv and on india's streets,
if the cozy US journo wants to hear it, he / she can come and find out

HELL with US media, HELL with US foreign policy
india need to fight its own war, on its own terms

USA already knows its no longer a super power
USA has not a penny left to fight any more wars

just remember what the commando said
******"nothing is difficult for us"********
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

Guys, it has been a very elaborate action by the terrorists as it is obvious now. Let me summarize:
  • The training was for a period of at least 3 months in Pakistan and these are LeT operatives
  • The Pakistani Maritime authorities helped in charting out routes including the return path, all crammed into their navigation equipment
  • The terrorists started from a remote creek near Karachi and after a day out in the sea, were picked up by a Pakistani mothership
  • The terrorists then commandeered an Indian trawler, eliminated the fisherman and ordered the captain to take them to Sasoon Docks.
  • They were picked up from there by some others, possibly Indians.
  • They split into at least three groups, one went to CST from where the Versace terrorist who is now spilling the beans was captured. This group also killed the ATS chief
  • Some terrorists had already occupied the Taj and moved in explosives much earlier (possibly, the same happened in Oberoi but not yet confirmed)
  • The corner first floor room in the Taj had been converted into the ops room by the terrorists
  • The idea was to enact a 'JW Marriott' of the Taj & Trident
NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/29/world ... l?ref=asia

NYTimes:
Terrorist Siege Has Ended, India Says

For the first time, after several veiled accusations that Pakistan was involved, Indian officials specifically linked the attacks to their neighbor and longtime nemesis. India’s foreign minister blamed “elements in Pakistan” for the attacks , spreading the repercussions of the attacks beyond India’s borders. American intelligence and counterterrorism officials said Friday that there was mounting evidence that a Pakistani militant group — Lashkar-e-Taiba, which has long been involved in the conflict with India over the disputed territory of Kashmir — was responsible.
Harshad
BRFite

Post by Harshad »

SSridhar wrote:TimesNow report from intel sources:

If so why take kaju kishmis badaam etc?
Ref: BEST buses transporting NSG:
Probably that was the best way or most convenient or the fastest. Ultimately it doesnt matter if APCs or BEST buses are used. What matters is a mode of transport was quickly arranged and NSGs were taken to the action zone.
Ref: Israel /US claim of bad handling of situation by NSG or Other Ind. Sec. Forces
They should look at the Marcos Commander's press briefing where he talks of getting layout of hotel and checking CCTV footage.