Terror Attacks in Mumbai - III

fanne
BRF Oldie

Re: Terror Attacks in Mumbai - III

Post by fanne »

Since admin has been tough on people for supposedly raising political question, will it be too much to ask, to ban people who are peddling that this was a right wing conspiracy. Peole who suggest - this was to shoot and kill all people who knew Malegaon. How the right winger first planned partitioned, then made sure these 12 terrorists were born, send the parents of two of them to Britishtan and then made ISI train these guys (hence ISI is in coperation with right wing Hindus) and then 10 months before that get few of these terrorrists job at Taj and put them as renters at colaba building. Then they knew when Purohit was caught (yes they knew that, because this operation was planned and executed before Purohit was caught), they would make these people land on 26th. Then they manipulated the drivers of ATS team to follow the road where ambush was laid (which was near the hospital where these terrorists were creating havoc and where these ATS officers were going, some ambush and coincidence this). Wow this theory is more fantastic than joos did Nau ek ek.

{where are these ppl, pls? I haven't seen their posts. Pls report them and someone will see what 2 do}
ankurv
BRFite -Trainee

Post by ankurv »

ramana wrote:I would like a team of volunteers and a leader to put together the collection of photos, news items all in a single file for later use. I think there will be an inquiry commission in the aftermath a la KRC or 911.

Thanks, ramana
Ramana,

During my research for data visualization tools for a project, I came across a site that compiled all the info on 9/11 in the form of an interactive archive and timeline - was very useful to understand the linkages between the various entities involved. I am trying to locate the site again but have not been successful as yet.

if someone knows of such a site, please send me the link - I have extensive experience working on data visualization projects and would like to develop something on the same lines for the mumbai attacks - I think it will help us understand and educate ourselves better.

-Ankur
Last edited by ankurv on 29 Nov 2008 23:38, edited 1 time in total.
sampat
BRFite

Post by sampat »

gashish wrote:
04:37 PM: Missing journalist Sabina Sakia found dead at the devastated sixth floor of Taj Hotel.
..in the heat of the moment..i too believed the "rumour of ToI editor" that was floating around.
Condolences to Sabina's family!
Given the anti-national slant of Times group, it was not far fetched. I also believed in the rumour.

May she rest in peace.
milindc
BRFite

Post by milindc »

deleted
Last edited by Gerard on 30 Nov 2008 00:21, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: no politics
Baljeet
BRFite

Post by Baljeet »

[quote="Rudradev"][/quote]

Rudra
I share your sentiment. Intial report suggest, congress is out of MP and Delhi.
negi
BRF Oldie

Post by negi »

TOI .. quoting Patilwa [quote]" bade shahron mein aise ek adh hadse hote rahte hain. Woh 5,000 logon ko marne aye the lekin humne kitna kum nuksan hone diya "[\quote]

translation>>" (Such small incidents happen in big cities. They (terrorists) came to kill 5,000 people but we ensured minimal damage)".

Admins can we please use suitable adjectives to pay the deputy chief minister due respects ?
manand
BRFite -Trainee

Post by manand »

This is just to put pressure on US to stop India for any aggression. I hope this tactic does not work this time.
Tamang wrote:This posted?

Pak may relocate 100,000 army personnel to border
Pakistan may relocate around 100,000 military personnel from its restive border area with Afghanistan if there is an escalation in tension with India,which has hinted at the involvement of Pakistani elements in the Mumbai carnage, a media report said today.

Private channel Geo News reported that Pakistan's military and intelligence sources told a select group of journalists today that NATO and American command had been told

that Islamabad [Images] would be forced to relocate its military from the borders with Afghanistan if there is escalation in tension with India, where nearly 200 people were killed in the multiple terror attacks on the Indian financial capital.

"These sources have said NATO and the US command have been told that Pakistan would not be able to concentrate on the war on terror and against militants around the Afghanistan border as defending its borders with India was far moreimportant," Geo News quoted senior Pakistani journalist Hamid Mir as saying.

He also said the sources had briefed the media that the decision not to send the ISI chief Lt Gen Shuja Pasha to India was taken after Indian foreign minister Pranab Mukherjee used a very aggressive tone with Pakistani officials on telephone after the Mumbai attacks.

"The decision to not send the ISI DG to India was taken because Mukherjee used strong words with Pakistani officials and warned of consequences," Mir quoted the military sources as saying.
Sai
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Sai »

sampat wrote:
gashish wrote: ..in the heat of the moment..i too believed the "rumour of ToI editor" that was floating around.
Condolences to Sabina's family!
Given the anti-national slant of Times group, it was not far fetched. I also believed in the rumour.

May she rest in peace.
She was a journalist allright, but not of the political correspondent type. She wrote food and drink reviews and on lifestyle topics. Generally the light-reading stuff you find in glossy weekend supplements.
George J
BRFite

Post by George J »

Jagan wrote:
SK Mody wrote:
See you jingos can't even agree on the best way to d/l-archive a frigging video how do you expect the chai-biscoot guys to agree on the "what next" part. Oh and since its on YouTube (Thanks for the link Sampat) I d/l it with a FF extension and I got VLC.

Speaking about chai-biscoot. Can I ask my perennial favorite question ???
JTull
BRF Oldie

Post by JTull »

Tamang wrote:This posted?

Pak may relocate 100,000 army personnel to border
Pakistan may relocate around 100,000 military personnel from its restive border area with Afghanistan if there is an escalation in tension with India,which has hinted at the involvement of Pakistani elements in the Mumbai carnage, a media report said today.

Private channel Geo News reported that Pakistan's military and intelligence sources told a select group of journalists today that NATO and American command had been told

that Islamabad [Images] would be forced to relocate its military from the borders with Afghanistan if there is escalation in tension with India, where nearly 200 people were killed in the multiple terror attacks on the Indian financial capital.

"These sources have said NATO and the US command have been told that Pakistan would not be able to concentrate on the war on terror and against militants around the Afghanistan border as defending its borders with India was far moreimportant," Geo News quoted senior Pakistani journalist Hamid Mir as saying.

He also said the sources had briefed the media that the decision not to send the ISI chief Lt Gen Shuja Pasha to India was taken after Indian foreign minister Pranab Mukherjee used a very aggressive tone with Pakistani officials on telephone after the Mumbai attacks.

"The decision to not send the ISI DG to India was taken because Mukherjee used strong words with Pakistani officials and warned of consequences," Mir quoted the military sources as saying.
This is a threat to US that it's war on terror will suffer if India takes any action. Infact all of the Us and british media have at some point brought in a expert that has aired the risk any action by India carries for their agenda.
enqyoob
BRF Oldie

Post by enqyoob »

Negi, how about "brave"?
Would you rather have him :(( :(( :(( :(( :(( and say:
"We got whipped by a bunch of goat-loving pakis, and that too Bilayati-raised nambi-pambis?"
I see nothing wrong in the statement.
Manu
BRFite

Post by Manu »

Raju wrote:
Why are the NSGs based only in Delhi ? If there are supposed to be say 2000 NSGs let us place 500 in each of the N/S/E/W zones for quick response.

Or is it that the NSG is only meant to protect our politicians (MSY, LPY, SG, MMS etc, ) in Delhi
As an ex dilli billi let me tell you something.

Most dilli elite take great pleasure in treating Mumbai the way they do and ignoring its security and development and leaving it like an uncared backyard. there is a fear that Mumbai will get too big for its shoes and become unmanageable from dilli if they are given too many powers and security.

Nobody has openly told me this, but this is feeling I get.

Only those in 5 sq km of Lootyens need to be protected. Even those outside this periphery are immaterial.
Raju, I think you are a {wonderful} person who needs many, many years of {happy posting}. You seem to change whichever way the wind is blowing. Just a few days ago, you were going to Report Shiv to the Minorities Commission? How is that going? Please try to restrict your pearls of Wisdom to the Nukkad threads only. Khoon Waise hi Jal raha hai, don't make it worse.

Everyone in Delhi (where I landed this morning) is angry LIKE HELL about what happened in Mumbai. The Airport itself was like I had landed to someone's funeral. Everyone looked visibly sad.

This is not the thread nor the time to discuss the issues I have in mind, but someone has to pay for what has happened:

(1) People who misused ATS in "other investigations".
(2) The entire Media (Indian, World, even BR) is talking about Pakistan and LET and UK Pakis. You CANNOT pull off such an operation without local Muslim Help. Sorry,but I said this on Wednesday late night as well, but it was ignored.
(3) Dawood's Brother and many associates continue to live in Mumbai - who is protecting them?
(4) Lastly, please try to see through the Propoganda, you will find that this time, Amitabh Bahchan and Anil Ambani will become very patriotic. Their association with SIMI (through Mulayam and Amar Singh of SP) is not going to come up for discussion.
(5) I disagree with Ramana - I was watching CNN in the Munich Airport - and then saw the Indian Channels in India (except Times NOW). The Western Channels were far better. Sorry. NDTV, in particular, wanted to make me puke.
(6) The Maharshtra Chief Secretary, when he realized that this one was *serious* and not like the windmills they were chasing earlier, immediately asked for MARCOS help. When the analysis is done, we will realize that each time, it is the Army (the last nationalistic institution in India) that saves us.
(7) I do not agree to call this a Terrorist Incident, it is An ACT of War - by regulars - with their helpers, and supporters inside.
(8) I would request someone - perhaps SSridhar (as I feel he has the best handle on the timing and sequencing of events) to please make a Step by Step begenning of Operation to End - bullleted or otherwise. Like we have background links to the Paki Threads.

On a personal (and tragic) Note, Mr. Ashok Kapur of Yes Bank (a Family Friend) has also been killed (shot dead) in the Oberoi, I was informed this morning on my arrival. So a funeral to attend right at the begenning. Thank God that Mrs Madhu Kapur is still alive, she was also there with him at the time. Please pray for him - that God grants peace to his soul and to all others that have persihed.

Lastly, please don't talk about India's resilient Spirit, that is just insulting to the dead & injured. This is a time for violent and disproportionate retribution (This should not be a "Hatya" but 'Vadh" - righteous killing as per Gita).

I hope our leadership will rise to the occasion, but then hope triumphs over experience.
kbasu
BRFite -Trainee

Post by kbasu »

We should put up a naval blockade on all pakistani ports. It will be lot more effective to negotiate when their citizens are starving. No point wasting any more lives on them. By putting naval blockade over Karachi and Gwadar port, that should be good enough. Nothing will be more pleasurable but to see {OK, thank you} :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Last edited by enqyoob on 30 Nov 2008 00:12, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: hot air
munna
BRFite
Location: Pee Arr Eff's resident Constitution Compliance Strategist (Phd, with upper hand)

Post by munna »

But Narayanan the comments of most esteemed and honourable deeptee CM sound more like a bout of pakiness. His capital has been brought to a grinding halt, business suffered, hundreds killed and entire elite of the city came close to being wiped off and still he claims it to be a small incident!!
manand
BRFite -Trainee

Post by manand »

Nothing will make sure no more attacks in India, No matter what US or Pak says. Only India can make sure its interests are protected by taking actions. US's prime interest is to protect its own interests not India's interests. India should at least destroy training camps in PoK. It does not matter what Pak Govt says as they do not have control in their own territory and that is harming India in big way.
A_Gupta wrote:Good, call their bluff. Make Pakistan put its forces on the border with India.

One of two things will happen - either things will remain the same on the Afghan border - in which case the uselessness of Paki forces over there will be exposed; or things will get worse, in which case US-Pak relations will suffer. My expectation is really that the former will happen.

India is the aggrieved party and must kick up sufficient row that its pound of flesh is extracted one way or the other from Pakistan. Absolutely no taking it on the chin for Uncle Sam.

If the US wants Pakistani forces to be concentrated on the Afghan border, they will just have to make sure that no more Paki attacks on India happen.
George J
BRFite

Post by George J »

kbasu wrote:We should put up a naval blockade on all pakistani ports. .....By putting naval blockade over Karachi and Gwadar port, that should be good enough.
Oh boy....oh boy....its starting now...

******** pulls up a chair and grabs a bowl of pop corn*******

Children:
Let me know when you are are ready to answer my favorite question, the one that defines the Hot Air forum??? Actually I have a new and improved favorite question.
Vikram_S
BRFite

Post by Vikram_S »

Sai wrote:This is what I found:

"Modi blames Pakistan for Mumbai terror attack"

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/art ... 768247.cms

It seems grotesque to demonize him for speaking what is on everyone's mind. Why was it wrong to point the finger at Pakistan?
it is grotesque. it is extra grotesque, because Amitabh, sitting safely in the US, supporter of MMS, avowed supporter of Gandhi family, objects to Modi taking a hard line on terror and in fact objects to Modi even putting pressure on UPA to act.

this is not attack btw. it is a "roll of eyes" at the comedy aforesaid poster provided and the alternate world he is living in, by asking us to remain "united". it is beyond comedy, it is shameless and despicable

call of the hour is to remain united it seems. united for what, please tell me? united to suffer another attack because this govt will do nothing? is there one indication of what this unity is for? has shri MMS, his bumbling magnifence announce anything so far?

has his great eminence shri shivraj patil announce any harsh measures against terrorism which will require sacrifice on our part here but still we will unite behind? no.

as b raman says in his latest angle, the call for unity is nothing but a charade to prevent criticism of UPA.

this time is the ONLY chance we ordinary indians have to force change. but we are to remain queit to be lead to the slaughterhouse and not criticize the UPA because that is not "unity" and if Modi comes in and shows UPA inefficiency in stark light. even that is bad.

truly bizarre world this is.

all the usual excuses have been trotted out

karkare died in ambush ---> karkare was part of ATS---> ATS was uinvestigating malegoan ---> so opposition should be ashamed
----------------
but UPA should not be ashamed they made ATS waste 90% of time on wild goose chase and instead mumbai attack happend by norwegian buddhists (not jihadis)

so now next is modi is bad, because he arrived in mumbai and show UPA in bad light and this is bad for national unity
--------------

how many more bizarre excuses? how much more should we citizens of india take so that amitabhs of world can be happy about "secular party" ruling us country brutes. should we all jump in pond, sire and ask modi to get out as well?
Last edited by Vikram_S on 30 Nov 2008 00:11, edited 2 times in total.
JTull
BRF Oldie

Post by JTull »

How about India Put 100000 troops on the Afgan side of that border. That should have the desired effect.
trivedi
BRFite -Trainee

Post by trivedi »

Sidd wrote:Aaj tak showing CCTV video of girlie boy's capture. Shows bystanders kicking and punching him. No wonder the pig started singing right away.
Does anyone have this video? Why isn't it on youtube already?
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

Baljeet wrote:
Acharya wrote:Has anybody noticed that VP Singh died. Not much attention. His govt was the first one
to give in to terrorist with his Home Minister Mufti
Acharya
I noticed he died. Didn't he have stomach cancer. Cancer in any form is very painful. Like they say your life gets flashed before you die.
Hope they bury him ...deep. The man is responsible for encouraging Jihadis , PSs, WKKs and all sort of lunatics in Indian politics.
munna
BRFite
Location: Pee Arr Eff's resident Constitution Compliance Strategist (Phd, with upper hand)

Post by munna »

kbasu wrote:We should put up a naval blockade on all pakistani ports. It will be lot more effective to negotiate when their citizens are starving. No point wasting any more lives on them. By putting naval blockade over Karachi and Gwadar port, that should be good enough. Nothing will be more pleasurable but to see Pakistanis playing kho-kho. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
kbasu please talk in specifics. The response to terror is not as simple as ordering two ships to enemy ports and then watching the enemy roll over and die. Those turds need to pay but on our terms and at a cost duly calculated by our SDRE accountants. Please put in some detailed or innovative ideas.
manand
BRFite -Trainee

Post by manand »

This is crazy...US's war on terror will suffer and at the same time terrorist's war on India is going pretty well. India has to protect her interests on her own. US is protecting its interests is India doing that? Terrorists have kills more that 4000 in India in last 4-5 years. We will just sit and watch seeing more killings just because US's war on terror should not suffer.

This is a threat to US that it's war on terror will suffer if India takes any action. Infact all of the Us and british media have at some point brought in a expert that has aired the risk any action by India carries for their agenda.
Neshant
BRF Oldie

Post by Neshant »

Nothing will make sure no more attacks in India, No matter what US or Pak says. Only India can make sure its interests are protected by taking actions. US's prime interest is to protect its own interests not India's interests. India should at least destroy training camps in PoK. It does not matter what Pak Govt says as they do not have control in their own territory and that is harming India in big way.

This is true. It may even be in US interests to ensure these attacks continue against India to it has leverage over India.

It is time to ask the MMS govt, what steps he is going to take towards hunting down and punishing these terrorists elements. If he does nothing, then expect these attacks to continue.

India should be preparing for war as this is the end result of cowardise/inaction.
Sai
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Sai »

Manu wrote:
On a personal (and tragic) Note, Mr. Ashok Kapur of Yes Bank (a Family Friend) has also been killed (shot dead) in the Oberoi, I was informed this morning on my arrival. So a funeral to attend right at the begenning. Thank God that Mrs Madhu Kapur is still alive, she was also there with him at the time. Please pray for him - that God grants peace to his soul and to all others that have persihed.

Manu, deepest condolences.

Right here on BR, I encountered at least two members who had people known to them that fell victim to the terrorist assault. Disconcerting to see how up close and personal this evil is becoming.
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

manand wrote:Nothing will make sure no more attacks in India, No matter what US or Pak says. Only India can make sure its interests are protected by taking actions. US's prime interest is to protect its own interests not India's interests. India should at least destroy training camps in PoK. It does not matter what Pak Govt says as they do not have control in their own territory and that is harming India in big way.
A_Gupta wrote:Good, call their bluff. Make Pakistan put its forces on the border with India.

One of two things will happen - either things will remain the same on the Afghan border - in which case the uselessness of Paki forces over there will be exposed; or things will get worse, in which case US-Pak relations will suffer. My expectation is really that the former will happen.

India is the aggrieved party and must kick up sufficient row that its pound of flesh is extracted one way or the other from Pakistan. Absolutely no taking it on the chin for Uncle Sam.

If the US wants Pakistani forces to be concentrated on the Afghan border, they will just have to make sure that no more Paki attacks on India happen.
I hope "their bluff" means both Paki and Amriki.
manand
BRFite -Trainee

Post by manand »

JTull wrote:How about India Put 100000 troops on the Afgan side of that border. That should have the desired effect.
I love this idea, US will love this too....some from lower rank in MMS govt should come out and give unofficial statement to the press. It may a little cool down Paki's blackmail tactics.
Last edited by manand on 30 Nov 2008 00:11, edited 1 time in total.
svinayak
BRF Oldie

Post by svinayak »

The Taj Mahal Palace & Tower Frommer's Exceptional

Address
Location Apollo Bunder, Colaba
Phone 022/202-3366
Fax 022/5665-0300
Web site www.tajhotels.com
E-mail tmhbc.bom@tajhotels.com
Room Information 565 units

Prices Tower Wing doubles: $415/£210 superior city-view, $445/£225 superior sea-view, $475/£240 deluxe city-view, $510/£258 deluxe sea-view. Palace Wing doubles: $595/£300 luxury grande city/pool view, $655/£331 luxury grande sea-view, $720/£364 Taj Club city/pool view, $770/£389 Taj Club sea-view. $1,900-$8,500/£960-£4293 suites. (Taj Club and suites include limousine airport transfer, club floor check-in, personal valet, buffet breakfast, high tea, business services, and cocktail hour.)
Frommer's Review

George Bernard Shaw famously claimed that after staying here, he no longer had any need to visit the original Taj Mahal in Agra. But seriously stiff competition from the nearby Oberoi and InterContinental (and even from so-called "suburban" hotels like the JW Marriott, Hyatt Regency, Grand Hyatt, and ITC Maratha Sheraton) has The Taj in the process of reinventing itself to keep its crown as the most celebrated address in Mumbai. Besides launching the Jiva spa and a number of new restaurants and watering holes, at press time all guest rooms were being refurbished in phases. Then again, the history here is tangible: Public areas are decorated with carefully chosen antiques and vintage artwork. Bombay's very first licensed drinking establishment, Harbour Bar, can be found here. Of its many famous and popular restaurants, Wasabi by Morimoto is an outstanding, world-class Japanese restaurant and highly recommended if you don't mind the price tag (meal for two Rs 8,000-Rs 20,000/$200-$488/£99-£250). The Zodiac Grill, now renovated, is something of a legend among the city's well-heeled for its fine European cuisine and vintage wines. If you do opt for The Taj Mahal Palace, you'll want to wallow in the luxurious old-world splendor of the Palace Wing; individually themed high-ceilinged suites transport you to another era, when the likes of Somerset Maugham and Duke Ellington bedded down in the city's best hotel. For a view of the Gateway, book a Taj Club sea-view or luxury grande sea-view room, but if money is no object, nothing less than the Rajput Suite will do. As the crowning glory of one of India's most prominent hotel chains, The Taj Mahal Palace may well double as the nerve center for moneyed mischief, but it remains a great blend of old-world charm and modern conveniences. That said, its reputation for service is less than stellar, and published rates leap by about 20% each year (ask about daily discounts). Note that the hotel's looming Tower Wing is more business-oriented, and a bit of a letdown once you've explored the original parts of the hotel.

Facilities: 5 restaurants; pastry shop; 2 bars; swimming pool; sports arrangements on request (golf, badminton, squash, billiards, tennis, table tennis); fitness center; concierge; travel desk; car hire; business center; shopping arcade; salon; babysitting; laundry; doctor-on-call; currency exchange; valet service; personal valet service for Grand Luxe and Presidential Suite guests; wireless newspaper service.

In room: A/C, TV (plasma in Palace Wing only), fax, dataport, minibar, hair dryer, electronic safe, DVD player (Palace Wing rooms), MP3 stereo, 2-line speaker phones, shaving mirror. Suites have in-built personal spa.
kbasu
BRFite -Trainee

Post by kbasu »

This is an economic war. LeT planned this to drag India into a non ending war like Iraq. I dont think we can afford that. The whole operation was done with an investment of around $100K. So tell me why should we spend billions fighting a war? Choking the Pakistanis economically is the only way to go. Collateral damage of economic blockade is significantly more severe than fighting a war. Now how to achieve that, you gurus can figure that out. I do not want to waste any more Indian lives. Kapish???
manand
BRFite -Trainee

Post by manand »

kbasu wrote:This is a economic war. LeT planned this to drag India into a non ending war like Iraq. I dont think we can afford that. The whole operation was done with an investment of around $100K. So tell me why should we spend billions fighting a war? Choking the Pakistanis economically is the only way to go. Collateral damage of economic blockade is significantly more severe than fighting a war. Now how to achieve that, you gurus can figure that out. I do not want to waste any more Indian lives. Kapish???
Do you think its a good reason to NOT go on agression just because enemy's investment to cause harm to India was less than the cost of the war or aftermaths?

Pak govt may not have any interest in the cleaning up terrorists and training camps from its territory but India does.
RavinM
BRFite -Trainee

Post by RavinM »

Totally agree with Basu, but we must strike PoK, else all the Bramhos / Agni/ Dhanush can be safely stored in showcases, what's the use of these? even if it cant be used even in such demanding situation? BR gurus- any thoughts?
Lalmohan
BRF Oldie

Post by Lalmohan »

Cold start is supposed to kick in after 48 hours of an incident right?
so, when did the clock start boys?

personally, i am pleased that naval brahmos is operational, the navy boys missed out on the action last few times, this time they may as well have the lions share

Kangresswallahs - this time you don't act, kiss the next four elections goodbye. Think about that.
Rahul Shukla
BRFite

Post by Rahul Shukla »

Phew,

Just woke up and felt sooooo relieved to find out that Karachi harbour is not burning. Infact, all is well in Pakistan by the grace of allah, nay GOI. I tell you I was having nightmares all night long in which I dreamed that MMS had for once acted in national interest and delivered a jhapad to Pakistan in response to the terrorist attack in which only 150 or so useless Indians died.

Sh*t happens, no?
BijuShet
BRFite

Post by BijuShet »

negi wrote:TOI .. quoting Patilwa
" bade shahron mein aise ek adh hadse hote rahte hain. Woh 5,000 logon ko marne aye the lekin humne kitna kum nuksan hone diya "[\quote]

translation>>" (Such small incidents happen in big cities. They (terrorists) came to kill 5,000 people but we ensured minimal damage)".

Admins can we please use suitable adjectives to pay the deputy chief minister due respects ?
Bhai log lets not dissect and read too much into the meaning of words being used by our elected representatives. These men are functioning like the rest of us with a limited view of the entire picture. They are trying to put out some statements so that they do not come across as insensitive to the viewpoint of a majority of Indians yet they cannot go so far as to point the finger at the root cause as that would lead to loss of votes from their votebanks in the upcoming federal election. Let us keep collecting these qoutes in full and use it at the right time when elections come. These comments must come back to haunt them when we remind people that these folks chose to be fencesitters when they were expected to act. The real vermins will come out of the woodwork when the raw anger has subsided.

In any case I felt drained when I woke up today morning after being on the edge for 3 days straight and I am just an arm chair patriot living overseas. Imagine how our armed forces and the billion residents of India must be feeling today when they were living witnesses to a massacre. Think "Jallianwala Bagh" and the British. This one will leave a mark. In the past incidents we were shown visuals post incident and after a few days those images were forgotten. Its when you live through the incident that opinions lasting a life time are formed. Ask anyone who has lived in a riot affected area or been in the thick of any major incident. These things stay with you for a long time. Even when our media played the role of the 5th column, we the people were witnessing the raw carnage live on our Tvs so no matter what spin is applied the images did not lie. Spin works when most people are not witness to the real thing but have to rely on hear say. This time we all witnessed it first hand so yes this time will be different. Results of the current elections in the 5 states will hopefully prove me right. Kargil cleared the air about Pakistan for many of us here. This incident will do the same for many of our DCH crowd. In all more jingos batting for India is a good thing.
manand
BRFite -Trainee

Post by manand »

Rahul Shukla wrote:Phew,

Just woke up and felt sooooo relieved to find out that Karachi harbour is not burning. Infact, all is well in Pakistan by the grace of allah, nay GOI. I tell you I was having nightmares all night long in which I dreamed that MMS had for once acted in national interest and delivered a jhapad to Pakistan in response to the terrorist attack in which only 150 or so useless Indians died.

Sh*t happens, no?
Correct Sh*t happens...and it has been happening for such a long time. I hope these ballless leaders do not go without any action this time. Seeing leader's actions and # of terrorist attacks in last 12 months, I have very less hope from these guys.
manand
BRFite -Trainee

Post by manand »

[quote="BijuShet These men are functioning like the rest of us with a limited view of the entire picture. [/quote]

What? They are people like us with LIMITED view of the entire picture. The problem is they are not functioning but just defending themselves. They can't have limited view and function.
George J
BRFite

Post by George J »

arun_nair wrote:Had a question related to the gear worn by the NSG commandos.It seemed the head gear they were wearing were quite different. Some guys had a helmet shaped more like motorcycle helmet and some had helmets which looked as if made of steel.. Doesnt seem like Kevlar..Do correct me if i am wrong
If you check out the MARCOS + NSG Pics and NEWS ONLY THREAD (which a lot of people seem to either not understand English or are too eager to undermine it by posting stupid things on), you will see a great variety RELEVANT pics from the episode (thanks to everyone who actually understand the purposed of the thread). Two things will jump out:

1) NSG "scooter helmets" are not really what we have seen in the past (Cope India Parajumpers), these look like them but they are very different design on closer inspection. Also they look like what Tata Advanced Material Ltd (TAML) had its brochure.

2) There are some pics from day two (Op. Black Tornado day) where folks in Black are wearing PASGT (US style) Kevlar helmet. There is also some day one shots in Taj on CNN-IBN Prashant Damle CJ video of the folks wearing jungle camo + Bluish BPJ wearing the PASGT.

My inference: For day 1 the MARCOS really came out in whatever they had (they were deployed in 2 hours). For day 2 MARCOS got their Sunday best back from the dry cleaners and blended with the NSG. Only the MARCOS has PASGT, the NSG have some other type of "scooter helmet" probably made by TAML.
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

Bijusheth i wish and hope you are right but seeing WKK still breathing sulfur on this very forum is not soothing . Islamic Jihadis are natural born killers of kaffir people but provideing them with moral cover by PSs is deliberate decision . Instead of going to war , India needs internal purge and remove the physical hurdles created in achieving internal cohesion and then prepare for proper response to external threats .If not Modi , We need Moditva .
Arjun
BRF Oldie

Post by Arjun »

kbasu wrote:This is an economic war. LeT planned this to drag India into a non ending war like Iraq. I dont think we can afford that. The whole operation was done with an investment of around $100K. So tell me why should we spend billions fighting a war? Choking the Pakistanis economically is the only way to go. Collateral damage of economic blockade is significantly more severe than fighting a war. Now how to achieve that, you gurus can figure that out. I do not want to waste any more Indian lives. Kapish???
And how is that supposed to prevent future such attacks?
kbasu
BRFite -Trainee

Post by kbasu »

manand wrote:
kbasu wrote:This is a economic war. LeT planned this to drag India into a non ending war like Iraq. I dont think we can afford that. The whole operation was done with an investment of around $100K. So tell me why should we spend billions fighting a war? Choking the Pakistanis economically is the only way to go. Collateral damage of economic blockade is significantly more severe than fighting a war. Now how to achieve that, you gurus can figure that out. I do not want to waste any more Indian lives. Kapish???
Do you think its a good reason to NOT go on agression just because enemy's investment to cause harm to India was less than the cost of the war or aftermaths?

Pak govt may not have any interest in the cleaning up terrorists and training camps from its territory but India does.
I am all for retaliation, but why use million dollar equipment when we can achieve the same at fraction of cost. Someone said that hunger is the best sauce and the worst enemy. Think what will happen in Pakistan when 5000 people swarm on a warehouse full of grains kept hidden for Pakistani elites? Think about it. No shots will be fired at Pakistan, no body will get killed, but everyone in Pakistan will suffer.
kbasu
BRFite -Trainee

Post by kbasu »

Arjun wrote:
kbasu wrote:This is an economic war. LeT planned this to drag India into a non ending war like Iraq. I dont think we can afford that. The whole operation was done with an investment of around $100K. So tell me why should we spend billions fighting a war? Choking the Pakistanis economically is the only way to go. Collateral damage of economic blockade is significantly more severe than fighting a war. Now how to achieve that, you gurus can figure that out. I do not want to waste any more Indian lives. Kapish???
And how is that supposed to prevent future such attacks?
Bring back POTA to handle internal miscreants. Make sure our ports, airports, schools, universities, defense labs, power plants are protected. After that whatever slips thru we can handle it. Do not do what US did. Its simply does not make economic sense.