Terror Attacks in Mumbai - III

shynee
BRFite

Re: Terror Attacks in Mumbai - III

Post by shynee »

Paki Foreign minister cut short his visit to India. Did he go on his own or given marching orders ?
rsingh
BRF Oldie

Post by rsingh »

gandharva wrote:
Looks like Devgun
Do you see his Sharukh khan typr pushtooni nose.?
that was the girlie boy.......at station
Pranay
BRFite

Post by Pranay »

http://www.outlookindia.com/fullprint.a ... ikat&sid=1

Some pieces of the jigsaw puzzle being assembled...
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

Earlier reports said several of the pig were caught alive. It appears we have only one guy. This guy must be protected at all costs, lest TSP uses its local resources to take him out. But then am I dreaming. The UPA goons themselves might take him out, lest his revelations point to the obvious role of TSP and they have to do something and possibly loose some Muslim votes in the process.
Chinmayanand
BRF Oldie

Post by Chinmayanand »

Majority of Indians want to go to war with Pakistan now but the impotent leadership will do what impotents do.But there is one person who can help . SHANKAR !!!
Shankar , please come up with your military scenario abt wht and how India reacts to Islamic terror .Lets kick some paki a$$ , atleast in theory .
Three cheers for Impotent India ...
kbasu
BRFite -Trainee

Post by kbasu »

Blockade of Karachi and Gawadar for three months will do wonders.

China can only send so much oil through the karakorum
Iran can only supply few trucks that Balochis let pass through Baluchistan.

Karachi and Gawadar means basic oil, wheat, sugar and meat. There will be food riots and people will beg government to hand over these guys

Only sensible thing to do is.

1. Breaking off all diplomatic relations with Pakistan. (continue talking with naPakistanis through USA diplomats only in English)
2. Blockade Karachi and Gawadar until Pakistan agrees to extradite

Maulana Masood Azhar
Mushtaq Ahmed Zargar
Ahmed Omar Saeed Sheikh
Ibrahim Athar
Shahid Akhtar Sayed
Sunny Ahmed Qazi
Mistri Zahoor Ibrahim
Shakir

along with Dawood Ibrahim and his goons?[/quote]

Exactly my point. China cannot support Pakistan thru the mountains. Everything in Pakistan goes thru the ports and cargo ships. Just put blockade and see them dance. No food, no oil, no war; only misery. Also you have to understand the psychological impact of this. When Pakistan sees that we can bring them to their knees without firing a shot, it will be very humiliating for the entire Pakistan as a nation. Why do we always have to fight war with fire. Please remember English ruled not by weapons but by simply making sure the general population is humiliated to such an extent they do not dare to pick up arms.[/quote]

What are bthe feasible options available? has there been pros and cons analyzed?

1. Naval blockade for three months: Impossible. Unkil will pile so much pressure for NATO war delivery to Afghanistan that
this is out of question.
2. Taking out terror camps at PoK? same dilema. Unkil will provide early warning to Pak, and the whole western media will be let loose on India for incleasing the tension.

3. Covert options with deniability are much better. A higher level delegation to Tehran and Moscow for close "consultation" will send a clear warning to Unkil/Auntie and other relatives; and get a more fruitful help from Iran and Russia. Iran with Shia assets within Pak can help wipe out some jihadi bases and send a clear signal to the piglets. Moscow can help in getting high-tech gadgets (drone types).

4. Double/triple the help to the baluchis through iran.

Oh, well, at the end of the day unkil will threaten to freeze Sonia G's Swiss account, and scuttle every thing.
clear warning[/quote]

Why would we stop NATO ships. We should stop only ones carrying oil and food.
gandharva
BRF Oldie

Post by gandharva »

that was the girlie boy.......at station
That pig is still alive and talking. Picture was of the one at Nariman house
James B
BRF Oldie

Post by James B »

CWC Meeting
The Congress’s highest decision-making body tonight authorised the Prime Minister to take any political, diplomatic and even military option in shaping India’s response to the Mumbai terror strike.

It seems at the chai biskoot meeting, chai was served at the end of meeting.
CWC members said they had not witnessed such a stormy meeting in recent memory. The discussions were so intense that the customary tea was not served till the fag end of the talks.
Patil made a feeble defence, offering statistics to claim the number of civilians killed in terror-related incidents during the UPA’s tenure was lower than that during the NDA’s, when L.K. Advani was home minister. :rotfl:
Last edited by James B on 30 Nov 2008 03:53, edited 1 time in total.
Hiten
BRFite

Post by Hiten »

SaiK wrote: I am taking your "LOL" lightly.. if you (all) have Indian blood in you, at least view the videos below.
I meant no offence. I had watched his press conference myself and felt no better than you did. Being crass and insensitive is not yet a criminal offence in the country, else he woulld have been arrested.

Though I doubt he would have said the same thing if allowed to speak in Marathi.

The guy has absolutely no command over Hindi and I am inclined to believe that grasping for the right words to say in Hindi, he spoke the wrong words without meaning it.

Edit
I will remove the LOL. no offence meant
VikramS
BRFite

Post by VikramS »

Pranay wrote:http://www.outlookindia.com/fullprint.a ... ikat&sid=1

Some pieces of the jigsaw puzzle being assembled...
This report is not very complimentary of the coordination between different agencies. Intel seems to have come from a variety of sources. What irks me the most is that there were no plans made to defend the Taj. The least they could do was to post some armed undercover officers to act as first responders. If the scum had been engaged by trained professionals right in the beginning the body-count might have been much less.
gandharva
BRF Oldie

Post by gandharva »

Great White hope speakth
“Koi hamare ghar mein ghus aye, thappad mare, isse sharmnak cheez aur kya hogi (Someone enters our house, slaps us... what can be more shameful)?” he{Rahul Ghandhi} was quoted as saying.

Sonia too said such incidents could not be tolerated, the sources added.

CWC members said they had not witnessed such a stormy meeting in recent memory. The discussions were so intense that the customary tea was not served till the fag end of the talks.

Patil made a feeble defence, offering statistics to claim the number of civilians killed in terror-related incidents during the UPA’s tenure was lower than that during the NDA’s, when L.K. Advani was home minister.

http://www.telegraphindia.com/1081130/j ... 185804.jsp
Eshwar
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Eshwar »

A little OT, but this is in continuation of the discussion a few pages ago.

‘Modi offered no compensation’

http://www.indianexpress.com/news/-Modi ... on-/392342
Ahmedabad: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi had made no offer of any compensation when he called on the family of the slain Mumbai ATS chief, Hemant Karkare, on Friday, his widow Kavita Karkare told The Indian Express on Saturday. Karkare’s family sources said Modi had dropped in on his own, after the dead officer’s kin had thrice told his officials that they had no wish to meet anyone.
Karakre’s widow and relatives were speaking to this newspaper while Modi is courting a controversy over reports that Kavita Karkare had declined to accept any part of the Rs 1 crore samman raashi that he had offered to the kin of the 14 cops killed fighting terrorists in Mumbai.

A family source said, “The state protocol officer called up first and we informed that we did not wish to meet anyone. Two more calls from Modi’s office followed and we responded the same way. Modi then came on his own and unannounced.”

Modi’s visit to the bereaved family has larger implications. After the Mumbai ATS, which Karkare headed, had claimed to have uncovered a full-fledged Hindu Terror network behind the Malegaon bomb blast and arrested Lt Colonel Purohit and Sadhvi Pragya linked to the saffron brigade, Modi had repeatedly accused it of bias and had even alleged that the Army officer’s arrest by the ATS amounted to demoralising the Army at the cost of national interest. He had also claimed that the arrests were politically motivated, at the behest of the Congress.Kavita, however, said she wanted no controversy. “It is part of our culture to be hospitable to visitors, and Modi is an elderly person. He came home, sat in the living room for a while and then told my son Akash, aap ko koi madad chahiye to bataiyega. At no point did he mention anything about any monetary support, at least not to me,” Kavita told The Indian Express.
An official attached to Modi’s office in Gandhinagar said the Chief Minister could not meet the widow of the Maharashtra ATS chief, as she was in an inner room of the house. “So the CM garlanded Karkare’s photo kept in the room and came back. The CM announced Rs 1 crore as sammaan rashi in honour of all the 14 Maharashtra cops who laid down their lives. The money will be handed over to the Mahrashtra Government.”
Tanaji
BRF Oldie

Post by Tanaji »

http://www.esakal.com/esakal/11302008/M ... 680F2D.htm

The regional print press has a far far better coverage than the crap that passes for as news by the electronic media.

For those that dont read Marathi, a gist of the above link:

Raghu Deora works as the senior chef at the Taj. He was caught up in the Taj for the last 3 days. He said that the terrorists asked for their religion before shooting them. Raghu has been working as a chef for the last 14 years and was in the Chambers Club. When the commandos engaged the terrorists, they went away leaving their hostages behind. Seeing this Raghu and others tried to escape but the terrorists came back. raghu and 2 others were hiding under a bed and were dragged out. They then asked them "Are you a Hindu or a Muslim?" They then shot all of them when they said Hindu...2 of them were still moving after the initial shots, so they came back and shot them again. Raghu survived.

Please dont ask why they replied as Hindu. Its up to you to believe this, I have just paraphrased the story.
AdityaM
BRF Oldie

Post by AdityaM »

I posted earlier, but my question was lost in this tsunami of posts here.
Even today the NSG's DG had mentioned that 200 men came in 1 plane & reached bombay by 4am & Shivraj Patil came along with them
But how is it possible?

Around 1:20 AM he gave interview on TV that 200 NSG men will reach bombay & that they were to fly off at 1:15 AM.
And when NSG landed very late in bombay, Patil had also come along.

How did he teleport himself? Was there any delay from his side?
enqyoob
BRF Oldie

Post by enqyoob »

Earlier reports said several of the pig were caught alive. It appears we have only one guy.

GOI is making a terrible mistake by not putting this guy on public TV while he is still alive. Just get him to talk in Pakjabi or whatever his native language is. Then again, I wonder what shape he is in, given that he is singing ghazals non-stop. (OK, what happened to my stipulations against torture? This turd was caught in full public view from a hijacked car, and is identified in video holding an AK-47 where he machine-gunned dozens of innocent train commuters. Nah! no problem with torturing him. Guilty.)

Re: several pigs caught alive. Mysteriously, the total number of terrorists has come down sharply. I think several have gone incognito. In custody? Escaped? Or already Encountered? I hope Option 1.

No legal representation. They need only ONE pig to squeal in public and "explain" where they are getting all the info. The rest can relax in dungeons enjoying the "narco-tests" etc.
Sumeet
BRFite

Post by Sumeet »

Crosspost:

I want all of you to forward this to as many people as you know of, asking them to forward it to their acquaintances.

Conquest of India Prior to the Day of Judgment

Ali Al-Timimi
At-Tuwaijiri's Ithaf al-Jama'a, Vol. 1, pp. 365-366

The latest conflict in Kashmir between the Mujahideen (those who fight in righteous jihaad) and India brings to mind the ahadeeth regarding the conquest of India prior to the day of Judgment.

Thawban, radhiAllaahu 'anhu (May Allah be pleased with him), that the Messenger of Allah, sallallahu 'alayhi wa sallam (May Allah's peace and blessing be upon him), said, "Two groups of my ummah Allah has protected from the hellfire: a group that will conquer India and a group that will be with 'Isa b. Maryam, alayhis salaam (Jesus, May Peace be upon him)." [Reported by Ahmad, an-Nisa'i, and at-Tabarani]

Na'im b. Hammad in al-Fitan reports that Abu Hurayrah, radhiAllaahu 'anhu, said that the Messenger of Allah, sallallahu 'alayhi wa sallam, mentioned India and said, "A group of you will conquer India, Allah will open for them [India] until they come with its kings chained - Allah having forgiven their sins - when they return back [from India], they will find Ibn Maryam in Syria."

While Abu Hurayrah said, "The Messenger of Allah, sallallahu 'alayhi wa sallam, promised us [the Muslims] the conquest of India. If I was to come across that I will spend my soul and wealth. If I am killed then I am among the best of martyrs. And if I return then I am Abu Hurayrah the freed." [Reported by Ahmad, an-Nisa'i, and al-Hakim]

In another narration reported by Ahmad, Abu Hurayrah says, "I was told by my khalil (trans - beloved), the truthful and believed in, the Messenger of Allah, sallallahu 'alayhi wa sallam, that there will be in this ummah an expedition sent to Sind and Hind (India) ..." The rest of the narration is the same but it has the following addition, "... then I will be released from the Hellfire." At-Tuwaijri remarks this addition explains what is meant by "the freed" above.

Historical background:

Ibn Kathir remarks in al-Bidaya wan-Nihaya, "The Muslims invaded India during the days of Mu'awiya in the year 44 A.H and [great] events transpired then. And [likewise] the mighty and magnificent King Mahmud b. Subuktikin the ruler of Ghazna invaded the lands of India at the turn of the fifth century. He entered India and killed, took captive, [and] enslaved [many]. He took [muc] booty. He entered as-Sumanat (*) and destroyed the great al-Budda which they worship and he stripped it of its jewlery. He then returned [to Ghazna] safe, [Divinely] aided, and victorious."

* as-Sumanat is a costal city where India's scholars, monks, and the idol al-Budda are found.

At-Tuwaijiri remarks that Ibn al-Athir has detailed the campaigns of Mahmud b. Subuktikin in his book al-Kamil fi t-Tarikh.

Please check this video of Ed Hussain an Ex Jihadi of British Indian Muslim Descent where he confirms something similar to Christiane Amanpour of CNN in an interview @ 3.40 to 3.55 mins. The total length of video itself is a little over 6 mins.

Last edited by Sumeet on 30 Nov 2008 04:30, edited 1 time in total.
Jagan
Webmaster BR

Post by Jagan »

Has there been any explanation on how the Taxis blew up? Who placed the bombs in them, why the driver of one was not aware of it etc?
lakshmikanth
BRFite

Post by lakshmikanth »

GOI is making a terrible mistake by not putting this guy on public TV while he is still alive. Just get him to talk in Pakjabi or whatever his native language is. Then again, I wonder what shape he is in, given that he is singing ghazals non-stop. (OK, what happened to my stipulations against torture? This turd was caught in full public view from a hijacked car, and is identified in video holding an AK-47 where he machine-gunned dozens of innocent train commuters. Nah! no problem with torturing him. Guilty.)
The art of public presentation of facts is one thing I hope GoI learns someday. It was perfected by unkil before he went on eye-racki weapons of mass deception treasure hunt. We need to perfect that, present facts against Porkis and do our own stuff no matter what the UN/Unkil says.

GoI should arrange a face to face between the relatives of the dead (I believe Girly-Pig gunned down Karkare) and the terrorist and transmit it the world over... no better way to change world opinion!
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

hiten.. ok doke. i read you. but the fact remains..
John Snow
BRFite

Post by John Snow »

ramjeth malani ka baccha kabhi nahi sachha
Ram Jethmalani (born September 10, 1923) is an Indian politician and a famous and controversial criminal lawyer.

He was born at Shikharpur in Sind (now in Pakistan), in 1923.

Jethmalani is considered a maverick and has many distinctions to his credit. He started life very early, and after being given a triple-promotion in school and after completing his LL.B. at the age of 17, he was too young to join the Bar. But, after persuading the Chief Justice of Sind to pass a special resolution to relax the rules, he entered the profession with a vengeance.

He married Shrimati Ratna Jethmalani in 1947, and Durga, when he moved to Bombay, after partition. They had already married before independence, so in a manner, it was just a ceremony to renew their vows. There was a law at that point of time in the Presidency of Bombay that disallowed bigamy, so he married his second wife in Delhi,

from wekepedia
lakshmikanth
BRFite

Post by lakshmikanth »

Somini --BLEEP-- Spingupta:
Crisis may shift India's Political Landscape

Basic thesis is that from this terror attack a billion Zombie Hindu Terrorists will emerge and vote into power the most extreme right wing party the world has ever seen and has a lot to fear about!!!
Mr. Singh’s government had lately hit back at the Bharatiya Janata Party with evidence that its supporters, belonging to a range of radical Hindu organizations, had also been implicated in terrorist attacks. Indeed, in a bizarre twist, the head of the police antiterrorism unit, Hemant Karkare, killed in the Mumbai strikes, had been in the midst of a high-profile investigation of a suspected Hindu terrorist cell. Mr. Karkare’s inquiry had netted nine suspects in connection with a bombing in September of a Muslim-majority area in Malegaon, a small town not far from Mumbai.
BLEEP-spingupta forgets that the IUML which supports Kangress psecs has got SIMI and LeT and other group of fine young men as their supporters. How come we never get these facts published? I am thinking of HOW to get these things published.

Ironic that our response to sadism (terrorism) is masochism (self sacrifice)!!!
Last edited by lakshmikanth on 30 Nov 2008 04:34, edited 1 time in total.
babbupandey
BRFite

Post by babbupandey »

Mumbai sea attack alert came Nov 19

http://www.indianexpress.com/news/mumba ... 19/392351/
gashish
BRFite

Post by gashish »

So, when Pakistan OR the US claims that Pakistan is the victim of terrorism, it is totally wrong
Pakistan and India are both victims of terrorism
i'm sick of these lines being parroted by amrikhans and pakjabis...the tragedy is lot of HFLs/pseudo-sekoolarists also propagate this disghonest notion.

consider HIV virus which kills the human body, but in the process kills itself. So is HIV virus benign? shudn't treating hiv-infected human body involve destroying the virus before it destroys the human?
I have used this analogy against some HFLs. It atleast seems to throw them off-balance and shut their mouths-up
Sumeet
BRFite

Post by Sumeet »

narayanan wrote:For background, sumeet, IIRC, this jerk Al Timimi was the one who published the learned SOP Manual:
"Halal Procedure for Beating Women". I think he's a professor of {what I call terrorism} in Canada. Top-notch Academic Scholar in Islam. Think Einstein-e-Ummah
N^3

Here is some info from Wiki on Al Timmi

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ali_al-Tamimi

Al-Tamimi was born in Washington, DC, and raised in a predominantly Catholic neighborhood. His father, a lawyer, worked at the Iraqi embassy, and his mother was a noted scholar of psychology. When he was 15 his family moved to Saudi Arabia, where he became interested in Islam. On returning to the U.S. two years later, he attended The George Washington University and the University of Maryland, College Park. He received a doctorate in computational biology from George Mason University on the topic of "Chaos and Complexity in Cancer". In the early 1990's, Al-Tamimi led a five person delegation from the Islamic Assembly of North America in the United Nations 4th World Conference on Women, held in Beijing, China. Al-Tamimi contacted Shaikh Abdel Rahaman Abdel Khaliq, who wrote a book about women in Islam, which Al-Tamimi translated into English.

He lectured often at the Center for Islamic Information and Education in Falls Church, Virginia. He was a founding member of the Center, which is also known as Dar al-Arqam.

Prior to al-Tammi's prosecution, 11 members of the Virginia Jihad Network were charged with a number of charges related to their participation in a terrorist enterprise. Although the group trained with paintguns they also were convicted of using and possessing various firearms, rocket propelled grenades and explosives. Nine members of the group were found guilty.

Dr. al-Timimi remained under Grand Jury investigation as an unindicted co-conspirator during the trial of the Network members. After the conclusion of the Virginia Jihad Network trials, prosecutors then successfully proved that al-Timimi was the spiritual leader of the group and had encouraged them to wage Jihad on India and the US.
Last edited by Sumeet on 30 Nov 2008 04:39, edited 1 time in total.
shyamd
BRF Oldie

Post by shyamd »

The Israeli Take:
The Mumbai terror attack's first prototype: Mike's Place, Tel Aviv, 2003
Five years ago, al Qaeda enlisted two Pakistani British Muslims to land by sea in Tel Aviv, seize a large beachside hotel and the nearby US embassy, take hostages and shoot as many as possible. Recruited at London's radical Finsbury Park mosque (like Shoe-bomber Richard Reid, Asif Muhammed Hanif and Omar Khan Sharif were trained for their mission in neighboring Syria and Gaza Strip.

But they missed their main objectives. Instead, they hit Mike's Place, a bar, killing three Israelis and injuring 60. Those directives, however, recurred strikingly - albeit on a mega-scale - in the Islamist terrorists' method of operation in Mumbai, on Wednesday, Nov. 26.

Mumbai was attacked - not by two but an estimated 30 terrorists, who were assigned seven targets in a world city of more than 16 million. Had the pair of bombers carried off their Tel Aviv mission as instructed, less than two years after 9/11, it would have resonated hugely for al Qaeda. The two British Islamists were prepared as meticulously as the much larger group of Mumbai attackers, spending months in Gaza taking instruction from Hamas in suicide tactics with bomb vests, after their initial indoctrination in Syria.

The 2003 attack started going askew when, at the last moment, Hanif and Sharif's al Qaeda controller changed the original plan. Instead of landing in Tel Aviv by sea, the bombers were told to make their way from Gaza to the Israeli town several days before the target date, register at a hotel with their British passports and thoroughly scout the targeted locations.

Although by 2008, al Qaeda had advanced from bomb vests to commando tactics, careful reconnaissance and mounting operations from neighboring countries were abiding elements of their mode of operation, as revealed in the Mumbai assault.

The 2003 operation began to unravel after the two bombers, instead of making for a hotel and the US embassy, attacked a bar, only to find their bomb vests were defective. Hanif's detonated only partly, killing three Israelis and himself, Sharif's did not work at all and he ran off.

Then, too, the UK government disowned any British connection in the incident, which was easier then, given the small scale of the incident.

The full story came out only four years later in May 2007, when US forces in Iraq captured Al Hadi al Iraqi, who turned out to be the al Qaeda operative who trained Hanif and Sharif and sent them to Tel Aviv in April 2003.
Dipanker
BRF Oldie

Post by Dipanker »

I have a question, the piglet who have been cuaght alive, has his identity been confirmed yet, i.e. he is from the place he says he is?

This shouldn't be hard, asking a Paki reporter from one one the news paper should do it?
Lalmohan
BRF Oldie

Post by Lalmohan »

you know i always used to have a soft spot for Nidhi Razdan, and then I read the whole "bitch-gate" story on this thread, and just now I saw her doing the late news... man, I think I'm going to fall in love with her :)

meanwhile, a number of western tv channels i have been scanning this evening have been very complimentary to the NSG dudes (including flying piglet scene) and the overall tone is very pro-Indian and sympathetic, some stopping short of blaming Pakistan overtly. Even CNN was very pro-Indian pov.

meanwhile, Nidhi - if you're reading this, keep up the good work! (and yes, we love you!)
parsuram
BRFite

Post by parsuram »

Before people get fancy thinking of naval blockades etc....

Idle musing, but for what its worth - paki JeI heads have regularly warned pakis on going overboard in attacking India because the Indians "hold a vast number of muslims hostage", and that those "hostages" will pay for the acts of the brave pakis. Perhaps the best response would be to take out a very large number of those we "hold hostage" in the Kashmir valley. Surely there must be a few thousand who would be better off among the houris 9the army knows there are a few lakhs). A clear message to those who are trying to "liberate" those "hostages". These are thousands that we can never win in any "hearts & minds" offensive - and we know where they live. This might be a good time for those to..... as I said, idle musings, and I'm talking low hanging fruit here. Take out a few thousand.
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

Vikram_S wrote:@ rahul m,

please go to nsg.gov.in, then training, then see nsg museum which has all the weapons. you can drag drop each pic to browser for larger resolution.

nsg does have tavor-21 but it is a larger rifle.

in cqb, you can use mp-5 smg, it is a compact, well balanced gun. in fact, for long range sniping, the nsg was using sig-550-1 sniper rifle and PSG-1.
vikram, thanks for the link.

sig SG551 is not a sniper rifle. the ones used here are SG 551/552, both carbines, the former for SWAT and the later for SF.
I've posted the links in the news and images thread in mil forum.
shyamd
BRF Oldie

Post by shyamd »

The british survivors are giving loads of credit to Indian army on british news channels. All were saying how professional the situation was handled and how professional their rescuers were.
Sumeet
BRFite

Post by Sumeet »

can you guys post online links to those videos on British channels ?
Naidu
BRFite

Post by Naidu »

Some details of how the NSG made pigs fly:
Giving details of Saturday’s shoot-out, [Havaldar Azad Singh] said, “we were doing room checks when shots were fired at us. We ducked a grenade hurled inside the room.”

After a few seconds of the blast, the terrorists fired yet again making the commandos answer with double firepower.

“I was asked to move ahead and I did so by firing continuously. Inside the room was a terrorist who had got shot and he staggered behind and hit the window. I sensed an opportunity and fired at him and he fell out because of the shots,” he added.
Another commando, Rameshwaran, said, “we didn’t want to move in and we waited for some time. After some minutes, we saw another terrorist peeping out to see if we had left. The moment he did so, we fired at him killing him instantly.”

A commando, who did not wish to be identified, said, “The terrorists were mainly holed up in the upper section and we were downstairs. Initially every time we made an attempt to move out, grenades were hurled at us to prevent us from doing so.”
Full report: http://www.hindu.com/2008/11/30/stories ... 101600.htm
vsudhir
BRF Oldie

Post by vsudhir »

The articulate exec editor of the nations' largest circulated English weekly has gone ballistic seems like. Judge for yourself.

Mumbai whispers

Before 9-11, even mentioning religion was taboo in civilized discussion circles. We've come some way since.

Now. if the level of terminological discourse S Prasannarajan initiates in the above piece becomes 'normal' 5-10 yrs hence, wonder what the world will be like....
sunilUpa
BRFite

Post by sunilUpa »

Guys, the numbers are not adding up..

According to the squealing ms.piggy, 12 of them came on boat. 9 have been fried and 1 is singing, so where are the remaining two?

Ms.Piggy is also talking about some who had booked room 630. I assume these are in addition to 12.

What am I missing?
Sumeet
BRFite

Post by Sumeet »

vsudhir that article deserves to be posted:

Mumbai Whispers
Mumbai whispers

What I hear from the gasps of Mumbai, and what I read from the multiplying notations of blood:

a) The willful victim state of terror that is India learns nothing, and gives its cheapest commodities—we, the citizens—to the marauders of radical Islam.

b) Lives are dispensable in an India where political expediency triumphs over national interest.

c) The politician has abdicated the nation. He looks into the microphone—or the television camera—when he should ideally be looking with guilt and remorse into the savaged soul of the nation.

d) We know who the enemy of the nation is; we know the religion of terror; but we have problem with nomenclature; we are not politically prepared to name the Evil.

e) We think winning an election would be problematic if we dared to utter 'Islamic' or 'Muslim' as an adjective to the terror that strikes at the foundation of the nation.

f) What is at work is not political correctness but political cowardice, for even the terrorist would feel hurt if we denied him his religious honour. Jihad is the war of radical Islamism. Isn't it?

g) The most dangerous place in the world is our neighbour, but we refuse to identify Pakistan, whose fastest growing industry is jihad, as the source and sponsor of terror that challenges India's existence.

h) Learn from Israel, the nation that never sleeps, how to be alive when you're surrounded by people who deny you your nationhood.

i) For the sake of the greater national good, let's be prepared to compromise a bit on our civil liberties. Harder times require harsh laws.

j) Let's live, and let's not let the soldiers of an angry god take away our freedom—our freedom to walk on the street, check into a hotel, shop in the mall…let our lives be not subordinated to the nihilistic fantasy of a few.
Last edited by Sumeet on 30 Nov 2008 05:42, edited 1 time in total.
Sudhanshu
BRFite

Post by Sudhanshu »

This is reply to the one news on NSG was LATE in reaching Mumbai.

NSG:
1. Should be allowed to use just any Civilian plane available in near by airport, to be transported, not wait for IL-76.
2. They should have base and be stationed permanently in at least all 4 metros.
3. Each base should have 2-3 Dedicated Transport helicopter for swift moment and 1-2 Chetak type helicopter for either aerial surveillance or airborne sniper role.
4. Their recruitment quality should not be diluted just to increase the strength, and if possible make their training regime more sophisticated i.e. They should be provided with all they might need in abundance. And, I believe they deserve a pay hike, because they are gonna be a lot more busier than our regular armed forces.
They are hero of every India these days, I am sure, this will certainly help in fresh recruitment.

5. Just like Armed forces, they should have yearly joint exercise with all other elite counter terrorist forces of world.
6. They should be frequently tested their response time and efficiency by mock attacks on real places. And, hence keep improving.

7. In just any terrorist attacks, they should be automatically put on stand by, not wait for State govt. to make formal request. So, that as soon as such request is made they could be there within some half an hour time. It's like 911 of state security force.

I don't know, if the cost of above would be more than what we lose in 11/26 type attacks, hope people will agree with me.
Hope our HM, PM would be considering doing anything like these.

Sorry if someone had already suggested these. Since, these are very obvious.
Last edited by Sudhanshu on 30 Nov 2008 05:57, edited 1 time in total.
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

that's a blog post I think.
Sumeet
BRFite

Post by Sumeet »

yes that is blog post.
putnanja
BRF Oldie

Post by putnanja »

Vermillion to mislead Navy
Vermillion to mislead Navy

Mumbai, Agencies:

Terrorists, who carried out the most audacious attack on Mumbai, tied the Hindu religoius threads and applied vermillion on their foreheads to pass off as locals in case of interception Indian naval forces.

After murdering four fishermen onboard and a trawler in the Arabian sea, the militants saw several things in the boat including a “Mauli” (religious thread used in Hindu religion).

An arrested militant Ajmal Amin told the interrogators that they saw some Navy men when their hijacked fishing boat was approaching the Indian shores.

Immediately, they tied the threads and some of them even put on vermilion to look like Hindus.

However, the militants managed to dock at Sasool in Cuff Parade from where they reached Gateway of India to carry out the attacks.
gashish
BRFite

Post by gashish »

numbers dont add up...
12 terrorists

interesting bit about phone calls made to Jalalabad..
Intelligence agencies have informed the government that the material found on the trawler Kuber proves Pakistan’s link to the terror attack. The trawler was recovered 5 km away from Mumbai's coastline after being spotted by naval air surveillance. There was a satellite phone was on board and the logs show calls were made to Jalalabad in Afghanistan and locations in Pakistan.