Indian Non-response to Terrorism after Mumbai

AdityaM
BRF Oldie

Indian Non-response to Terrorism after Mumbai

Post by AdityaM »

Link to previous thread:
http://forums.bharat-rakshak.com/viewto ... &start=680

India goes soft; says 26/11 trial in Pakistan OK, if fair :rotfl:
In a change in the government's public position on the extradition of the Mumbai attackers to India
, Foreign Minister Pranab Mukherjee has told a news channel that if for some reason the suspects can't be handed over to India, then there should be a fair trial in Pakistan. :eek:
"Indian fugitives should face Indian justice. Others who have committed crimes against India should also be extradited. But if for some reason that is not possible, then there should be a transparent trial in Pakistan," said Pranab.
:((

When they said all options are on the table, it didnot mean punitive options! It meant pusillanimous ones!
The Indian justice that the terrorists had to face has now been equated with pakistani justice!

:(( :oops:
Last edited by AdityaM on 15 Jan 2009 23:56, edited 2 times in total.
AdityaM
BRF Oldie

Re: Indian Response to Terrorism after Mumbai II

Post by AdityaM »

Admins:
The existing threads have been locked. Needless to say, move this post to the existing thread & unlock those threads so that brfites can rejoice in the gandhian policy of the govt.

IB4TL
rahulranjan
BRFite -Trainee

Post by rahulranjan »

This is the most impotent Govt. till date. They are making every Indian feel ashamed.
tripathi
BRFite

Post by tripathi »

as Indian my individual response to mumbai II will be to settle in some unknown dusty town which cant be of any strategic importance which is of least interest to terrorist or pak govt to waste its valuable nukes on it.or rather run heck out of this country or help pakis to fly green flag at red fort then convert to islam and kill kafirs under full islamic emirates of pakistan govt protection. :mrgreen:
Chandragupta
BRF Oldie

Post by Chandragupta »

Fair trials in Pakistan? Is'nt that an oxymoron?

Eunuchs are running this government, UPA should pull out from politics & instead, focus on collecting bakshish on weddings & birthdays, that'd suit them better. I am ashamed of such a government running my country. They are down to licking Paki ass, I have no doubt that if in future, India surrenders to Islam & the Green flag flies high at the Red Fort, it will be Congress that will fecilitate it. Rats, all of them, pigs, that can't even squeak properly.
sunilUpa
BRFite

Post by sunilUpa »

AoA Biraders, fear not..the trial will be fiar to all our jihadi birafers. No harm will come to them.
Yusuf
BRFite

Post by Yusuf »

He said if the suspects cant be extradited then they should be tried in Pakistan.
The question that needs to be asked is if Pakistan will ever consider any of the terrorists as suspects and investigate? The answer is NO because all the trails will ultimately reach the doors of ISI and Rawalpindi.

If you take that into account, then Pranab Mukherjees statement is probably a bait. Pakistan has so far refused to acknowledge its role in the Mumbai attack. Not yet recognized Kasab as Pakistani, Durranis acceptance notwithstanding. So if they were to arrest and "try" any suspect, it will be a tacit admission to Pakistans role in the Mumbai attack. What remains to be seen is if Pakistan will do that. It has been telling all along that we need proof and we will try in our courts.
The proof has been given and now our government has said, fine try in your courts. Now if Pakistan cannot arrest Sayeed, Azhar,Lakhvi, Muzammil, Dawood etc, then their complicity stands exposed.
Dilbu
BRF Oldie

Post by Dilbu »

Fairness of trials in TSP! Why are we even discussing this? So much for the Indian pressure that makes TSP tremble and pass urine in sleep. May be India should just go ahead and plant the green rag on the red fort and get it over with. Baah... :x
Mahendra
BRF Oldie

Post by Mahendra »

Fair and Lovely Trial may be

IB4TL
enqyoob
BRF Oldie

Post by enqyoob »

Adityaji:

Could you please consider changing the TITLE of the thread so that it does not traumatize the tender sensibilities of ppl like me by reminding us that there is NO INDIAN RESPONSE TO TERRORISM "after Mumbai"?

This in-our-faces reminder is reminding us that we are idiots, and causing several decent, peace-loving, gentle postors to go postal and get themselves banned etc for horrible crimes like inventing new expansions for "MM".

Perhaps change it to "Chai-Biskoot After Pakistani Atrocities"? Seriously. At least that will be realistic. If there IS an actual "response", believe me, we will be glad to have discussions on that.

From "Gitanjali" 2009 version:
Give me the strength never to forget the victims of Pakistani terrorism or bend my knees before insolent might
Give me the strength never to believe the idiots from DupleeCity or Londonistan
Save me from the temptation to describe the Hon. Poojya Pradhan Mantri or Videsha Karya Mantri in less than glowing terms
pgbhat
BRF Oldie

Post by pgbhat »

IB4TL
Rangudu
BRFite

Post by Rangudu »

IB4MD :lol:
sum
BRF Oldie

Post by sum »

IB4TL due to misleading title!!!! :evil: :x
Sanku
BRF Oldie

Post by Sanku »

Mumbai now has a new version? II ?? I didnt know.....

IB4TL
Pranay
BRFite

Post by Pranay »

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2611 ... 984446.cms

It seems that India has finally become a banana republic!! So much for Indo - US cooperation.. Indian citizens are whisked out of the country and told to be quiet about it... Is the Indian government in charge?? :(

26/11 witness says she was taken to US, questioned
15 Jan 2009, 1753 hrs IST, PTI

MUMBAI: Anita Uddaiya, the woman who saw the six terrorists involved in the November 26 terror attacks arrive in the city, claims she was taken

to the US and questioned by investigating agencies there.

"I was informed that the (US) officers who questioned me about the Mumbai attacks here earlier would take me to America. They came on Sunday morning and had taken me to America in a flight," Uddaiya said.

"I had lied to the police when I returned home stating that I went to Satara district as the officers told me not to disclose anything about my visit to America," Uddaiya said.

Uddaiya went missing on Sunday morning and returned to Mumbai on Wednesday around 1.30 am.

She had claimed that she had seen the terrorists land in a rubber dinghy on the beach at the colony. But when she asked them where they had come from, she was told to mind her own business.

Giving details, she said on Saturday that around 10.00 pm, the investigating officers were supposed to come to her home.

"Since we were informed about Uddiaya's America visit, we sat with her throughout the night waiting for the American investigators. Nobody turned up till morning 5 am. Uddaiya went to toilet from where she was whisked away by the investigators," said Madhusudhan Nair, president of Mahatma Jyotiba Phule Nagar slum area where Uddaiya resides.

Uddaiya said four officers were inside the posh vehicle and one of them knew Hindi.

"First, I was taken to St George Hospital to see my husband Rajendra. I told him that I would return home in a couple of days," Uddaiya said.
Chinmayanand
BRF Oldie

Post by Chinmayanand »

This story resembles like predators hunting in pakistan.UPA has sold India to america when america is going down the drain , politically and economically.bakis are definitely smarter, they grab america by its balls , squeeze dollars and f-solah....look what India is getting out of america...practice -e-restraint...if FBI had to do any investigation, they could do it in India...why abducting a witness and taking it to america... MMS&Sonia were oiling american crotch... :mrgreen:

{Er...there is no law against thinking a bit b4 posting :roll: ..)
enqyoob
BRF Oldie

Post by enqyoob »

Uddaiya went missing on Sunday morning and returned to Mumbai on Wednesday around 1.30 am.
Oh,yeah .
From America. In an SR-71, no doubt.
:rotfl: :rotfl:
archan
Forum Moderator

Post by archan »

narayanan wrote: Perhaps change it to "Chai-Biskoot After Pakistani Atrocities"?
Like shaan-e-goatistan Mullah Al Baqr aptly said:
Chal chhor yeh sab puraani baateN haiN,
Chai banata hooN maiN, IMF se biskoot abhi aate haiN.
Perhaps Aditya should have rejoiced on the Indian response in the whines thread. :D
Everybody be prepared to the jaw breaking "covert" response now. It will be so covert that no one will know about it - if it happened or not - even GoI. :rotfl:
pgbhat
BRF Oldie

Post by pgbhat »

Pranay wrote:http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2611 ... 984446.cms

It seems that India has finally become a banana republic!! So much for Indo - US cooperation.. Indian citizens are whisked out of the country and told to be quiet about it... Is the Indian government in charge?? :(
traitorous pu$$ies :evil: :evil:
John Snow
BRFite

Post by John Snow »

Amber flames went up when I said No balls in Nai Delhi.
What a Cho$%### goverment we have.

Close this thread as it is butt of jokes to talk about Indian response.

Mera Bharat Mahan onleeee.. :mrgreen:
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2611 ... 984446.cms

WTF!!!! why would US take her to amrika!! does she knows where it is?? what a load of crap!!!!!
pgbhat wrote:
Pranay wrote:http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2611 ... 984446.cms

traitorous pu$$ies :evil: :evil:
no.. that ddm report you missed.. she was not saying about the amrikkhaans said to her to shut up, but she was talking about the incident.. ie. the paki terrorists told her to shut up and mind her business.

ddm!!! huh!
Last edited by SaiK on 15 Jan 2009 21:29, edited 1 time in total.
enqyoob
BRF Oldie

Post by enqyoob »

Smt. Udaya for Editor of TOI! 8)

At least she has an imagination - she cannot but increase the IQ at TOI by orders of magnitude.
NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

Did someone say Banana Republic (BR)?

Banana Republic, by definition, is "Introducing the elegance", "a timeless approach", "inspiring the individual", "a statement of detail", etc, etc, etc.

Please be nice to them.

BTW, is MMS on permanent vacation? AWOL.
enqyoob
BRF Oldie

Post by enqyoob »

Is MMS AWOL?

Shhhhhhh! I have it on good authority that entire GOI has evacuated phrom Dilli. Of course no one misses them.

Must be preparing for a Strike (I mean for higher DA, not against Pakistani terrorists)
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

its ToI bullcrap.. she might have uttered in marathi that there were american investigators in the team, where one was pandu speaking hindi. ToI took it to US ToIlets.
RayC
BRF Oldie

Post by RayC »

If BR is a Banana Republic, are we gathering here for bananas? ;)
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

indo-us joint air-force one exercise!
Rangudu
BRFite

Post by Rangudu »

Two things to note assuming this is true:

1. It is not good for the long-term from an Indian standpoint to outsource the pursuit of justice for Indians over to a foreign country even if it is a "friendly" state. Given that the US would not dare to rendition someone without permission from the host nation, there is no way this happened without full acquiescence of GoI.

2. While this may turn out to be "tactically brilliant" i.e. force TSP to hand over LeT bigs to US, this is strategically stupid because such secret antics followed by public denials was a hallmark of Musharraf's TSP, a banana republic if there was ever one, and not India. Allowing the US to establish such deep tentacles within India will be dangerous and hard to reverse. I bet that if 50 "witnesses" are allowed to link up with the US, atleast 4-5 will be turned into US assets, not to mention the number of people within GoI law enforcement who could be turned.

This is more serious than seeking revenge for Mumbai and even considering the fact that I support close US-India ties, this is just reaching unacceptable levels of subordination to the US. :evil:
JwalaMukhi
BRFite

Post by JwalaMukhi »

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Must be a very slow day at TOI. Surely, they have access to some exotic substance that the TOI staff mix in their drinks. Even A'roy and Burkha Dutta suddenly seem to be like tee-totalers, when they write stuff. Hallucination of alien abduction and probably misusing the witness to generate slapstick journalism.
Last edited by JwalaMukhi on 15 Jan 2009 21:50, edited 1 time in total.
enqyoob
BRF Oldie

Post by enqyoob »

Actually the lady must have gone, not to "America" but to "USA" near Mumbai. Where they make "Parkar" pens. 8)
Raju

Post by Raju »

Rangudu wrote:I bet that if 50 "witnesses" are allowed to link up with the US, atleast 4-5 will be turned into US assets, not to mention the number of people within GoI law enforcement who could be turned.
the people who took her were also US assets. They are having a free run in the country and are working outside MEA and thus the constant diversions in MEA statements as per reactions to the latest deeds of this lobby.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

ToI should have gone like this.. she was put on a sophisticated mind reader that videographs the entire paki landing with the rubber dinghy and taped it!!! US can do it! they have to the tech.. and they show a photographs of wires coming out of her head.. still stuck, with some bandage..

she was given a chai and biskooth to recover... but soon a babu snatched it from her.. she is planning a protest.
Rangudu
BRFite

Post by Rangudu »

Raju

If this woman was taken, it is likely that the Prime Minister gave permission. There is no way independent people or state or mid level officials do this without getting canned. GoI has already given FBI "unprecedented" access, so the permission must have come from the top.
JwalaMukhi
BRFite

Post by JwalaMukhi »

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Mumb ... 980518.cms
"Uddaiya was never called for identification of Ajmal Kasab or his nine slain associates . She is not a prime witness . On Tuesday, she told us that she had gone to Satara to meet her relatives,'' said crime branch chief Rakesh Maria, who has ordered an inquiry into the case.

According to sources, Uddaiya in her police statement said, "I had told everyone that I would be going to the US on Saturday but was nervous that people would laugh at me. Moreover, I was under pressure from the police and the media. I took a milk van to Dadar and boarded a train at 6 am to Rehmatpur in Satara. My relatives saw my picture on TV and asked me to go back. I returned to Mumbai in a ST bus.'' After landing in Mumbai on Tuesday night, she went to the Cuffe Parade police station. "She told us that she was in Satara and giving interviews to news channels saying she was in the US. We will seek a court permission to interrogate her and her daughter to find out if she is misleading us,'' said Maria. The imprisonment under this offence, if proved, may extend up to six months.
Looks like the press is now going to blame this women for their faux pas. The TOI press is trying to slavage its honor so there is deflection of scrutiny. TOI is already sold, but one would expect the buyer probably to do some due diligence as to intelligence or the lack of it at TOI.
NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

The drama outside the country also continues:

NYTimes :: Pakistan Says 124 Arrested in Mumbai Investigation

124? That is all?
By SALMAN MASOOD
Published: January 15, 2009

ISLAMABAD, Pakistan — Vowing to cooperate with India in the investigations :) of the Mumbai terrorist attacks, a Pakistani official said Thursday that 124 people had been arrested in a crackdown against a group linked with the attacks and urged India to provide more evidence to bring the perpetrators to justice.

In a televised news conference, the official, Rehman Malik, a senior figure in the Interior Ministry, said the Pakistani government had formed a high-level investigation committee that would examine information provided by India.

He said a ranking police officer would head the committee. Investigators in Pakistan will “have to inquire into this information to try to transform it to evidence, evidence which can stand the test of any court in the world and of course our own court of law,” Mr. Malik said.

“We are with you in this difficult time,” Mr. Malik said while assuring a transparent investigation. But he stressed the need for cooperation between investigators from India and Pakistan. “We should share real-time information,” he said.

Tension between the nuclear-armed neighbors has worsened since the November attacks that killed more than 160 people.

Mr. Malik said top and mid-ranking leaders of Jamaat-ud-Dawa, a charity that is seen as a front for Lashkar-e-Taiba, the militant organization India has blamed to be behind the Mumbai attacks, have been detained. He added that five camps, 20 offices, 87 schools and six Web sites affiliated with Jamaat-ud-Dawa had been shut down.

Mr. Malik said the government had no knowledge of the whereabouts of Maulana Masood Azhar, the founder of Jaish-e-Muhammad, another extreme Islamist group suspected of involvement in the attacks. India has demanded that Pakistan hand over Mr. Azhar. India and Pakistan have no extradition treaty and Pakistani officials say any Pakistani national who is accused of involvement will be tried in a Pakistani court.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

gosh.. i wish to apply some chaos theory post mumbai attack.
Last edited by SaiK on 15 Jan 2009 22:46, edited 1 time in total.
NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

What is strange is that the UK and India provided their Phoren Ministers to introduce the U-Turn. why is PakiLand providing a low down person? Does not make any sense.

N^3,

Indian leaders are in Lahore. That is why Delhi is empty.
ManishC
BRFite

Post by ManishC »

Have an Indian response thread When there is an Indian response. Lock Kiya Jaye!
IB4TL etc.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Rangudu wrote:Raju

If this woman was taken, it is likely that the Prime Minister gave permission. There is no way independent people or state or mid level officials do this without getting canned. GoI has already given FBI "unprecedented" access, so the permission must have come from the top.

however to do this by stealth and whicking away out of country is most banan republic type. PMO has really dipped low if this is true in its inability to do anything. Why are they in charge?

And R man its difficult to defend the indefensible.

the thread should stay open to handle new info as it turns up.

Thanks for all who advise IB4TL etc.
Rangudu
BRFite

Post by Rangudu »

ramana garu,

Please read this post of mine, above. I'm not defending this at all. In fact, this is outrageous. However, this is not the act of some mid-level babu but rather must have come from the top - that was the point I'm making.