Pune Bomb Blast - 13 Feb 2010

shiv
BRF Oldie

Re: Pune Bomb Blast - 13 Feb 2010

Post by shiv »

Hari Seldon wrote:Wow.

So if it is so amply clear that targeting mango people in Yindia will elicit zero consequential response from Dilli, wonder why TSP ain't setting off bums every other hour in different soft targets all over this giant bullseye of a country?
This is how I see it - it is only an example - not the exact truth

Up to a point anti-terror efforts pay a dividend in the sense that increased vigilance will reduce the number of attacks. But terrorism will not be reduced to zero. After a particular point if the effort is doubled the number of attacks will not go down by half. And beyond that if GoI puts in ten times the effort - terrorism willl slow to a trickle but will still not be zero.

If GoI attacks Pakistan, the cost will go up by a factor of 50 or 100 in a war, with no guarantee of terror reducing to zero.

So the GoI draws a line at some point and says this is all that can be done to tackle terror directly. It gets too costly beyond a point - human lives are cheaper unless you consider war expenses and dead soldiers as "increased cost".

So the GoI will not be tempted to go beyond a point to fight terror as long as terror can be minimized by other means. According to the GoI this means talks as well. Pakistan knows that war is a costly option for GoI and that is why it calibrates terror to keep below India's red lines. india's red lines are generous - but those lines were crossed in 1965, 1971 and 1999. They were nearly crossed in 2001 and 2008. So there is a broad area between a Kargil and a Mumbai style attack and an occasional Pune Bakery blast that will be accepted as "part of the game" - as "cost that India can bear indefinitely". At elast tis is what it appears to be to me.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

RayC wrote:I am not aware if the policemen to combat the Shiv Sena threat were also requisitioned from other towns of Maharastra. If it is so, then obviously there would be less of police surveillance and bandobast in such towns including Pune.

The Police reserves were requisitioned.

I presume since the attention was focussed on Bombay, it could be that some sleeper terrorist was activated and ordered to use the opportunity.

Just a conjecture.
Hopefully we will get to know more about this in due course. Was vigilance in Pune reduced to increase vigilance in Mumbai?
skaranam
BRFite

Post by skaranam »

shiv wrote:
RayC wrote:I am not aware if the policemen to combat the Shiv Sena threat were also requisitioned from other towns of Maharastra. If it is so, then obviously there would be less of police surveillance and bandobast in such towns including Pune.

The Police reserves were requisitioned.

I presume since the attention was focussed on Bombay, it could be that some sleeper terrorist was activated and ordered to use the opportunity.

Just a conjecture.
Hopefully we will get to know more about this in due course. Was vigilance in Pune reduced to increase vigilance in Mumbai?
Headlines Today reported last night, that the patrolling was reduced 6 months ago.
BajKhedawal
BRFite

Post by BajKhedawal »

shiv wrote:Pakistan knows that war is a costly option for GoI and that is why it calibrates terror to keep below India's red lines. india's red lines are generous - but those lines were crossed in 1965, 1971 and 1999. They were nearly crossed in 2001 and 2008. So there is a broad area between a Kargil and a Mumbai style attack and an occasional Pune Bakery blast that will be accepted as "part of the game" - as "cost that India can bear indefinitely". At elast tis is what it appears to be to me.
But then Shiv is it not possible that the thresholds lines set for tolerance were more within reason in 1965, 1971, and 1999 as opposed to "all you can eat" buffet set by current GOI?
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

BajKhedawal wrote:
shiv wrote:Pakistan knows that war is a costly option for GoI and that is why it calibrates terror to keep below India's red lines. india's red lines are generous - but those lines were crossed in 1965, 1971 and 1999. They were nearly crossed in 2001 and 2008. So there is a broad area between a Kargil and a Mumbai style attack and an occasional Pune Bakery blast that will be accepted as "part of the game" - as "cost that India can bear indefinitely". At elast tis is what it appears to be to me.
But then Shiv is it not possible that the thresholds lines set for tolerance were more within reason in 1965, 1971, and 1999 as opposed to "all you can eat" buffet set by current GOI?
:D In 65, 71 and 99 the "threshold lines" were lines on a map a.k.a. Indian borders that GoI had to fight for. Most Paki writers who have written honestly about this indicate that the Pakis realise that military force will not get get them what they want - a punishment of India. That is why terrorism is such a good option. It is deniable and has been denied by everyone. Heck until 9-11 unkil denied that India had any terrorism.

Deniable terrorism in India converts any Indian retaliatory attack on Pakistan into a "torn-shirt-open fly" scenario. "You (India) are getting attacked in your country by unknown [people so why do you want to attack us (Paquis) across the border? Hitting Pakistan is not going to stop terrorism unless we hit the prime controllers of terrorism the Paki elite. That means a gulf war style operation of relentless PGM attacks for decapitation.

I believe that we have taken India's economic revival too seriously. India has very few options against Pakistan.

The option that we constantly ask for on here (I do too) is an attack on Pakistan. I do not for a moment feel that an attack on Pakistan will make a whit of a difference to terrorism. It may actually get Pakistan more military aid. But it will still make me feel better.

I think India's behavior should change to on of "calibrated irrationality" in which we attack targets in Pakistan in response to every attack in India. Even if an Indian group explodes a bomb somewhere in India, Pakistan should get hit. India is too predictable. Its lack of response to anything other than an attack across international borders can be taken by granted. Hit first think later.
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

shiv:

Everything you say is correct, but Indian govt, and India in general should swallow its ego, even if its a phony one at that, and use the west as much is possible: whine, beg, convince, persuade whatever, that TSP RAPE cannot expect to cash in on these attacks. As long as the west says talk about Kashmir and other crap, its means TSP is reaping the dividends through such attacks. Having the west take an unambiguous position and none of this 'non state actors' or "Al queda is provoking war between India & TSP" and other crap can dent some of the gains TSP RAPE are making.
Pranav
BRF Oldie

Post by Pranav »

BajKhedawal wrote:
What is needed is a quiet, multi-dimensional program to dismantle state and non-state terrorist entities.

There are lots of things that could be done by a leadership that cared about national interests. Need to get our own polity in order, beginning with a transparent, verifiable voting process.
Pranav
BRF Oldie

Post by Pranav »

shiv wrote:Hitting Pakistan is not going to stop terrorism unless we hit the prime controllers of terrorism the Paki elite. That means a gulf war style operation of relentless PGM attacks for decapitation.
Far better if these elites were to meet with unfortunate accidents or kill each other in internecine fights. But that still doesn't address the issue of the Paquis' 3 1/2 Baaps. Also need a set of carrots and sticks for the Baaps.
I think India's behavior should change to on of "calibrated irrationality" in which we attack targets in Pakistan in response to every attack in India. Even if an Indian group explodes a bomb somewhere in India, Pakistan should get hit. India is too predictable. Its lack of response to anything other than an attack across international borders can be taken by granted. Hit first think later.
There is some limited scope for overt action against legitimate targets - for example Hafiz Saeed. But the cycle of escalation can quickly lead to a nuclear ==.
Chandragupta
BRF Oldie

Post by Chandragupta »

Why, this is just a dog pooping in my backyard, right? An ugly neighbor's dog that I can do nothing about. But hey, I am not scared of the dog, I'm just worried about it!

Has the realization finally dawned on BRF that people killed in cold blood is not exactly equal to dog poop?!

Too late for that anyways, BRF is no more than a watchdog barking frantically while the ones it wants to protect are happily celebrating Valentine's Day & watching My Name Ijj Khaan, thinking why the stupid dog barks so much.
Raja Ram
BRFite

Post by Raja Ram »

Forgive my simple brain, but I am not able to understand some of the nuanced arguments from some of the gurus here explaining why this blast or any blast is not something to be concerned about.

Simple things like how it is ok for a part or locality of Pune to be attacked like this and how it does not qualify as an attack on Pune or India as per a Union Cabinet Minister, who happens to be a former Defence Minister and former Chief Minister.

The first duty of an elected government, especially one that has been re-elected despite mishandling of pre and post attack on Mumbai, is to ensure that protection against terror attacks remained a top priority. But the government of the day is more interested in ensuring adequate protection is given for a release of a commercial movie in Mumbai. I dont understand the priorities. The Home Minister who was at the helm in the state during the Mumbai attack is back as what? - a Home Minister no less. My simple brain cannot understand how this can be acceptable in any democracy worth its name.

People here are arguing, very eloquently I admit, how the GOI is doing the right thing and it is not right to demand anything more. One should be realistic we are told. There are some who believe that it is acceptable for terror attacks to happen as long as it does not come in the way of GDP growth. Especially, because taking action would mean costs. It is argued that some people dying every now and then in some part of the country because of terrorism is an ok price to pay. I am not able to understand this. Maybe if I am blessed with superior intellect of some of these gurus I can understand.

Since I am not so blessed, I have to be content with offering my condolences to the families of those lay indians who get killed, offer a silent prayer for their peace and an appeal to those who are in charge to start performing their duty for which they have been elected.

That is all a normal Indian citizen can do today.
Pranav
BRF Oldie

Post by Pranav »

Chandragupta wrote: Too late for that anyways, BRF is no more than a watchdog barking frantically while the ones it wants to protect are happily celebrating Valentine's Day & watching My Name Ijj Khaan, thinking why the stupid dog barks so much.
Yes, there are a lot of people who hate to deal with unpleasant facts ... preferring self-delusion to confronting unpleasant truths.

But IMHO there is a silent and disenfranchised majority that knows better. The noise in the media or the general election results do not necessarily reflect their views.
RameshVarma
BRFite -Trainee

Post by RameshVarma »

Here is something to show, How much our politicians really care about the upgrading the police force ...........

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city ... 571215.cms
sanjaychoudhry
BRFite

Post by sanjaychoudhry »

That is why terrorism is such a good option. It is deniable and has been denied by everyone.
What is stopping India from following the same option against Pakistan?
Chandragupta
BRF Oldie

Post by Chandragupta »

sanjaychoudhry wrote:
That is why terrorism is such a good option. It is deniable and has been denied by everyone.
Balls.
kvraghav
BRFite

Post by kvraghav »

I got angry yesterday.But today morning i woke up saner and realized that the attackers,if caught would be fed biriyani and given SPG protection from MY MONEY.so hopefully they dont .........B/W lived in pune for the past 3 years.The OSHO ashram is one of the biggest foreign crowd pullers.this imag is defenitely going to get hit.
Neela
BRF Oldie

Post by Neela »

shiv wrote:
Maybe I am reading too much into the post: Have we bought Pakistan's low-threshold nuclear bluff completely?
Does this not smack of someone making a token hit just to say he should be counted in the list of strong people!
Klaus
BRF Oldie

Post by Klaus »

skaranam wrote:RDX is confirmed in the blast.
ATS is on look out for a suspect.Suspect is named as Mohsin Chowdhary. Member of IM.

2 suspects
Moshin Chowdhary - founder, IM
Salman
So Headley did have links with IM and HUJI after all?

Now I hope that the GoI gets to extradite and interrogate Headley and Rana. Besides Moshin Chowdary is certainly a BD
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Raja Ram wrote:
Simple things like how it is ok for a part or locality of Pune to be attacked like this and how it does not qualify as an attack on Pune or India as per a Union Cabinet Minister, who happens to be a former Defence Minister and former Chief Minister.
:D You did not take my sarcasm seriously did you Rajaramgaru? An attack on a bakery is not an attack on the street. An attack on the street is not an attack on the locality. An attack on the locality is not an attack on the city etc etc.
chandrabhan
BRFite

Post by chandrabhan »

I have come around to the view that the display of irrationality in decision making process has it's own advantages. As a young Kid growing up in the boarding schools, I was taught that the most powerful thing is logic, reason. I disagree with that completely. One can fight logic with Logic, reason with reason, what do you fight illogic with?

Indians more than GOI must adopt this posture. I am separating these two entities as the goals are divergent. Indians seek security, honor and freedom to grow economically along with host of other fundamental rights.Common Indian does not see stability of Pukistan in India's favour. Where in GOI seeks ..

Safety of the elite - thats why no response to this Paki covert onslaught

Economic interests - Of the elite

Status quo - in international Fora

create legacies for themselves - at the expense of nation

Increasingly, We shd be belligerent with GOI, irresponsible and illogical in our demands and irrational in our behaviour. This whole mumbo jumbo which we do in Studios and newspapers also on websites are serving no purpose.

we must force the GOI to go for targeted killings of individuals in Pukistan and UKstan. We must put fear of death in their children and keeps.
debadutta
BRFite -Trainee

Post by debadutta »

our great neighbour is back to Business as Usual.
chandrabhan
BRFite

Post by chandrabhan »

Neela wrote:
shiv wrote:
I think India's behavior should change to on of "calibrated irrationality" .... Pakistan should get hit. India is too predictable. Its lack of response to anything other than an attack across international borders can be taken by granted. Hit first think later.
Maybe I am reading too much into the post: Have we bought Pakistan's low-threshold nuclear bluff completely?
Does this not smack of someone making a token hit just to say he should be counted in the list of strong people!
Neela,
Not really, this is to call the bluff of pakistan's nuclear threshold in some ways. Puki elite must be made to ralise that they can not bank on India always acting rationally to their onslaught. They must be targeted specifically the way Mossad did till 90's. You don't use a sledge hammer to swat a fly. This can not be token hit if Kiyanahin is targeted in loo or Badmash is ostracized in the sugar mill he owns or the that PIG Hafiz syed is found dead with his goat.
Avinash R
BRFite

Post by Avinash R »

ShauryaT wrote:If someone can find the names, identities of the victims, please post here. It is important to know them so that we continue to never forgive, never forget. Thanks.
The siblings, Anik Dar, 24, and Anandi Dar, 19, were both residents of Kolkata. Anik was working in a firm in Mumbai, while his sister was a student of Fergusson College here.

Three friends, P. Sundari, 22, Vinita Gadani, 22, and Shilpa Goenka, 23, were also killed in the blast, which took place when a waiter tried to open an unclaimed bag left under a table at the popular eatery.

While Sundari was from Bangalore, Gadani was originally from Mumbai and Goenka from Kolkata. Sundari and Gadani also worked in the same office in a private firm here, while Goenka was working in Mumbai.

One of the victims was a 40-year-old man called Shankar, who worked in the bakery.

Link
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

sanjaychoudhry wrote:
Come on, as if you don't know the answer. India does not have as many local assets in TSP as TSP has in India. Now while I advocate tough internal security, the answer to local Muslim support that TSP gets is not some post Godhra style Gujarat, but India has to hit the nerve center, which is Pindi, in some way, shape or form. To give you a simple analogy, lets cut the politically correct crap, but even American Muslims are bitter, on the verge of boil seeing US mercilessly attack Iraq, Afganisthan, support Israel against thier co-religionists etc. But they dare not raise a little finger. Why? Because US makes an example of what would happen to them by taking on their co-religionists in their own den. Now granted, us SDREs being able to do the same is wet dreams, but we can do a lot more than the current abjectly weak posture. As long as local disenranchied Muslims see TSP as thumbing their nose againts India and getting away with it, their support for TSP will only continue.
Chandragupta
BRF Oldie

Post by Chandragupta »

Shri SM Krishna jee says that this is a desperate attempt by 'dark terrorist forces' (probably hinting that terrorists were SDREs and not TFTA Bakistanis) to derail the piss process and that the guborment will go on with the love making session. Jai Ho!
Klaus
BRF Oldie

Post by Klaus »

CRamS, then how do you explain the perpretrator of the Fort Hood shooting?

Anyway, this is OT. The focus is on a suitable response strategy to this attack and nothing else
Philip
BRF Oldie

Post by Philip »

Friends,first, one's most sincere condolences to the families of those killed and injured.May they be avenged and swiftly.Yet again we see the sinister,diabolic hand of Pak in all its devilry and the utter impotence of the GOI of the moment in countering such dastardly acts from the pigsty of Pak.

There are some serious questons that the GOI must answer,in the light of PC's statements and events.One must correct PC and his pathetic language first as this was not a mere "incident",but a terror attack,an "outrage"! An incident is an event,a happening.It need not be such a tragic and cowardly deed.he must call a spade a spade.

1.Headley did a recce of Pune in 2009,including the blast site.He has been in custody of the US since last year.Despite the punlic knowledge of his involvement in the 26/11 attacks,the US has deliberately denied access to Headley by Indian intel agencies.Why?

2.The US has recently given warnings about terror attacks in India,warning its citizens through a travel advisory.Why?

3.A massive US/NATO/Afghan offensive has just been launched in the south of Afghan in Helmand province,the worst Taliban affected area of the country,and control of which is essential for the oil pipeline to carry Kazakh's Kashagan Caspian Sea oil where the US has invested over $150 billion through to the Arabian Sea via Paki territory.

It is essential for the (war shy) Paki military to also cooperate with the US led offensive to neutralise the Taliban ,by keeping their forces engaged in fighting the Taliban and on the Af-Pak border.

4.The sudden about-turn by the GOI on talks with Pak is openly known to have been at US diktat,with the govt. of Dr.Singh meekly surrendering to the US,allowing Pak to gain the diplomatic advantage.The timing of the Afghjan offensive and the talks is NOT a co-incidence.It was engineered by the US to keep the Pakis happy and cooperative and not to relocate their troops easterwards.Recent Paki tunnels,bunkers,firing,etc.,in the Ladakh/Kargil sectors and elsewhere is aslo not a coincidence.The aim of the Paki military is to create a crisis on the border with India,so that it can escape from assisting the US in Helmand,well knowing the timidity of the current leadership of Dr.Singh to take any counter military action and his requirement to vet it with the US before any major diplomatic decision.

Thus it can be concluded that the US after interrogating Headley well knew about the planned Pune bombing,did not want Indian intel agents to interrogate him as the plot-and others in the pipeline, would've become known,which would've stopped us from diplomatic engagement with Pak,which the US desperately wants in order to save its interests in the Afghan War which requires Paki help on the ground.To save its citizens from danger,it released the travel advisory and vague intel warnings,yet refusing to give India real hard information.The GOI is now "up the creek,without a paddle and approaching the rapids" of Paki planned and unleashed terror and is acting like a bunch of virile eunuchs.The GOI must give an answer to the nation why we still depend upon the US for reining in Pakistan-an impossibility given the scandalous relationship between the "punter and the rent boy" and why we should engage at all with Pakistan when it is patently useless to talk to anyone in that country about stopping Paki cross-border terror.

As for PC's statements,OK,intel might've said that there might be an attack in the Koregaon area,but were the "soft targets" at all informed of gravity of the threat? If there was "no failure" from Intel,then there certainly was a miserable failure of security and a clear lack of announcing of the danger to the public.Saying that each "soft target" is also responsible is ludicrous if they have not been informed of the imminent danger and the measures to be adopted.If there was no intel failure,why were Poonah-wallahs not openly and publicly informed? There was such a hullabaloo about the film MNIKa and the huge security cordon thrown around cinemas,what about this terror?
Dilbu
BRF Oldie

Post by Dilbu »

A word about 'Aman ki Asha'. It is not going to work. Why? Because right now it is only SDREs who want aman and TFTAs on the other side dont feel the need for it,except as a symbol of success for their asymmetric warfare strategy, may be. I am all for aman infact and I feel if there is to be lasting peace then both parties should equally want it.

So lets make the TFTAs go through the same treatment they give to SDREs. Let them have IED mubaraks and vaccum bursts every now and then. May be then they will see from our point of view and suddenly realise why aman is so good for them. For one, the local mullas and ISI jernails can go take a piss without looking behind their shoulders for RAA ajints. And the madrassa graduate on his way to muridke might want to think twice before leaving home because he might not get his 72 if he gets martyred even before he completes his training and setting his sights on a single kafir.

In short, let there be equal equal first. Then will talk about 'aman ki ayesha'.
Klaus
BRF Oldie

Post by Klaus »

Philip wrote: 4.The sudden about-turn by the GOI on talks with Pak is openly known to have been at US diktat,with the govt. of Dr.Singh meekly surrendering to the US,allowing Pak to gain the diplomatic advantage.The timing of the Afghjan offensive and the talks is NOT a co-incidence.It was engineered by the US to keep the Pakis happy and cooperative and not to relocate their troops easterwards.Recent Paki tunnels,bunkers,firing,etc.,in the Ladakh/Kargil sectors and elsewhere is aslo not a coincidence.The aim of the Paki military is to create a crisis on the border with India,so that it can escape from assisting the US in Helmand,well knowing the timidity of the current leadership of Dr.Singh to take any counter military action and his requirement to vet it with the US before any major diplomatic decision.

Thus it can be concluded that the US after interrogating Headley well knew about the planned Pune bombing,did not want Indian intel agents to interrogate him as the plot-and others in the pipeline, would've become known,which would've stopped us from diplomatic engagement with Pak,which the US desperately wants in order to save its interests in the Afghan War which requires Paki help on the ground.To save its citizens from danger,it released the travel advisory and vague intel warnings,yet refusing to give India real hard information.The GOI is now "up the creek,without a paddle and approaching the rapids" of Paki planned and unleashed terror and is acting like a bunch of virile eunuchs.The GOI must give an answer to the nation why we still depend upon the US for reining in Pakistan-an impossibility given the scandalous relationship between the "punter and the rent boy" and why we should engage at all with Pakistan when it is patently useless to talk to anyone in that country about stopping Paki cross-border terror.
GoI (read MMS's) sudden about turn has to do with the nuke deal and transfer of certain key technologies in this area. Remember that MMS wants this deal to be his legacy and that he wants to see it through to its logical conclusion. Hence these audacious attacks and GoI's GUBOrment to unkil will continue till the deal is concluded to its entirety, even if body parts of mango SDRE's have to go flying in all directions!

So it is pure blackmail by unkil and this explains why this Headley character has managed to cause 2 terrorist attacks as a single agent and we havent even caught a whiff of him yet. I'm sure now that GoI sent its sleuths to interrogate Rana but was pressurised by Unkil to call them off without carrying forward the interrogation.

This whole Headley thing smacks of a evan-jihadi plot against evil yindoo SDRE's. Same with all the chaman ki madrassa and all this talk of talks with TSP!
dipak
BRFite

Post by dipak »

My sincere condolences to the bereaved families!

So, we are enlightened now that such attacks cannot be taken as an attack on Pune, forget about India.

So true - why should we be deprived of the pleasures of likes of RR Patil from the scene as was the case on 26/11?
Last edited by dipak on 14 Feb 2010 15:42, edited 1 time in total.
Gagan
BRF Oldie

Post by Gagan »

Nothing wrong with people all over adopting more vigilance of their surroundings. I remember all the public buses in North India have this written at the back of each seat requesting passengers to look under the seat they are sitting on and report any suspicious or unclaimed bag there.

I have pointed out unclaimed baggages at railway stations left by people who are away at chai shops. The pandus don't know what to do. Their first reaction is one of incredulity! I don't think anyone has been trained on what steps to take (Step 1, step 2, step3 and so on) in the event there is unclaimed luggage. As policemen, pandus are supposed to take a lead in such issues, instead one finds them more confused than the general public. Invariably either me or some forthcoming individual comes forward and tells people to step back and try and identify the people who's bag is unclaimed. (The pandus then take over - threatening the indivudual in the hope of some gain )
:roll:

Seriously I wish the police higher ups give some intelligence and training to the ordinary omnipresent pandu on the street. Training should be very clear on what steps the pandu needs to take in a host of situations that he is likely to encounter. I suspect that after learning how to salute and to march past, and the basics of an FIR, no other training is provided to the police constable. No training on CPR or first aid, no training on choosing the right words to speak on different situation (I am sure every human being would like to be polite, but since he is not trained to be so most people will be be brusque).

Chindu is actually right, and I like the way he deals with the media. He poses the question back to them after going down to the basics. He immediately admits faults in the past, and then lays it out to them and asks them what they would themselves do in each situation. And he manages to do this politely and firmly. Impressive indeed.
Lalmohan
BRF Oldie

Post by Lalmohan »

it is essential that people are taught not to touch unidentified packages/bags in public places... soon as one is spotted, the area should be vacated, authorities informed, etc.

Some thoughts... fairly randomly

1. perhaps the extra surveillance in India now makes a spectacular difficult, hence a tried and tested bomb in a bag?
2. difficult to use the normal jehadi channels now, therefore activate a smaller less active sleeper cell/branch?
3. try and shift blame to shiv sena et al; valentines day, foreigners, etc., - show hindutvadi/pooroheet elements at work

underlying it all is most probably the current operations in afghanistan and the pressure no doubt from unkil for TSP(A) to get with the programme

seems to be another desperate throw of the dice in a tactically brilliant way rather than some grand plan...

as always - we're back to square 1 - what are we going to do about it?
shyamd
BRF Oldie

Post by shyamd »

Good post Philip I think you hit the nail on the head with point 4. We are seeing ceasefire violations and Pak seems to be upgrading its border infrastructure. New concrete walls, bunkers, tunnels. All sorts of stuff. TimesNow had a special on the new infrastructure on the LoC. This is a co-ordinated attempt to push India into an overt war. They want it sooo bad. Its going to take another 26/11 type to push India close. We need to go on the offensive.

Was reading the papers about this Zamim Shah murder, Apparently Chhohta Rajan has killed 7 people involved in the 93 Mumbai blasts between 97-00!
A Arun
BRFite

Post by A Arun »

2 foreigners among 9 killed in Pune blast: Police
The two foreign nationals were identified as Nadia Materinia, 37, who was associated with the Osho Ashram nearby, and Syed Abdul Khali, 26, a student of Symbiosis College, police commissioner Satyapal Singh said at a press conference.
rajpa
BRFite

Post by rajpa »

negi wrote:JUD chief in recent meet in PoK had stated something on the lines of taking Jihad outside J&K for maximum effect and global visibility , Imho since embassies and other key furrin instis are protected , 'German Bakery' and similar places frequented by tourists are easy pickings , more importantly a news of foreigner getting killed is splashed across the front page in des as well as the respective country when compared to blasts in Bangalore or Dilli which are considered given by IDM.

The idea is to damage India Inc. and somehow force international opinion against India on J&K by proving India is unsafe as long as J&K remains unresolved as per TSP's satisfaction .
the news is that indo-pak talks are on track - will happen on schedule...

i think if we cannot see tsp eye-to-eye and tell them they are screwed up - we cannot seriously be pondering the military angle as well..

the talks can be a good sign if we can seize the initiative.

we should in fact de-link terrorism from "the kashmir issue" and talk and resolve these issues separately.

goi should make the statement that tsp's continuing to link these issues will be seen as a sign of their gobermund negotiating on behalf of the JuD terrorists and should clearly state that this is unacceptable, shameful and will invite global reprimand apart from inviting indian military response.

The JuD have openly declared that they will attack delhi, pune and have done that too.. they are clearly terrorists and have nothing to do with the kashmir issue and are using it as a fig leaf to cover their terrorist intentions.
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

Chandragupta wrote:Why, this is just a dog pooping in my backyard, right? An ugly neighbor's dog that I can do nothing about. But hey, I am not scared of the dog, I'm just worried about it!

Has the realization finally dawned on BRF that people killed in cold blood is not exactly equal to dog poop?!

Too late for that anyways, BRF is no more than a watchdog barking frantically while the ones it wants to protect are happily celebrating Valentine's Day & watching My Name Ijj Khaan, thinking why the stupid dog barks so much.
Chandragupta, you were talking about being scared of Pakistanis. So really, we should have talked about you pooping in your pants.
Guddu
BRFite

Post by Guddu »

Avinash R wrote:
ShauryaT wrote:If someone can find the names, identities of the victims, please post here. It is important to know them so that we continue to never forgive, never forget. Thanks.
The siblings, Anik Dar, 24, and Anandi Dar, 19, were both residents of Kolkata. Anik was working in a firm in Mumbai, while his sister was a student of Fergusson College here.

Three friends, P. Sundari, 22, Vinita Gadani, 22, and Shilpa Goenka, 23, were also killed in the blast, which took place when a waiter tried to open an unclaimed bag left under a table at the popular eatery.

While Sundari was from Bangalore, Gadani was originally from Mumbai and Goenka from Kolkata. Sundari and Gadani also worked in the same office in a private firm here, while Goenka was working in Mumbai.

One of the victims was a 40-year-old man called Shankar, who worked in the bakery.

Link
Strat adding"An Italian woman and an Iranian student were among those killed in the explosion in Pune, India, the city’s police chief said Feb. 14, IANS reported."
Avinash R
BRFite

Post by Avinash R »

^Name of italian woman is Nadia Materinia and iranian student is Syed Abdul Khali mentioned in A Arun's post http://forums.bharat-rakshak.com/viewto ... 53#p823453
kulhari
BRFite -Trainee

Post by kulhari »

TSP created the terrorist groups and murdered Indians for last 30 years. And all this while Indian govt kept issuing condemnation and "strongest" warning (including Rajiv Gandhi's - nani yaad dilana and AB Vajpayee's - Aar paar ki ladai). Indian bureaucracy and ruling class was too short sighted to ensure that India had potential to punish TSP for terrorism. Indian defence preparedness was progressively weakened using delay and cancelling of contracts and vilification of companies (eg. Bofors, MMRCA, submarine/ACs).

This result in India's impotence to punish TSP even when parliament was attacked or when hundreds of indians were killed in Mumbai in bomb attacks or shooting attack.

Pakis have been successful (with the blessings of amriKhans) in getting what they want on Kashmir/Water and afghanistan.

They were almost finished with the Kashmir agenda (and that is what Musharraf keeps parroting about) but due to over-enthu to kill Kaffirs on part of some of terror groups the kasab and party was sent to India. Public opinion changed from total nonconcern to short term hate and anger against TSP. End result was that MMS and Sonia party could not sign on dotted line as dictated by amriKhans.

The public pressure and impending elections ensured that the PISS process was suspended for some time but as amrikhan needs to get out of Afghanistan and hence need the TSP to rein in the rabid dogs (named as taliban) so as to proclaim victory and task finished MMS was forced to restart the PISS process again.

This time Pakis wanted to ensure that mass killing of kaffirs should not effect the process of handing over of the Kashmir so they did the following:

1. The raksha mantri ji said that PISSING will go on with irrespective of the terror training centers being run by TSP against India.
2. Paki FM said the PISS process should not get derailed if the terrorists - who donot want PISS between India and "the land of impure" kill civilians.
3. Created in extreme haste a precedent of pune so that in future they can say "see when you donot stop the PISS process after pune then how can you after Mumbai 2"

Here is what is going to happen next in this game.

In a few months Mr X from GOI will sign amrikhan dictated line on Kashmir and in the runup to it the attacks will increase in scale and intensity.

cry my dear country for thy head is rotten...
Last edited by kulhari on 14 Feb 2010 20:37, edited 1 time in total.
eklavya
BRF Oldie

Post by eklavya »

The LeT leadership lives just across the border in Lahore. How hard is to keep track of where they go, where they stay. Why can't some standoff missiles (launched within our borders, no need to cross international border with a/c) be used to eliminate them? We can deny we launched the missile. Who can prove it anyhow? And we can talk with Pakistani Foreign Sec and tell him we know where he lives as well.
Dilbu
BRF Oldie

Post by Dilbu »

^^
The main concern would be what if pukes in retaliation take out a member of our royal family or desi elites.