BR Forum Feedback

The Military Issues & History Forum is a venue to discuss issues relating to the military aspects of the Indian Armed Forces, whether the past, present or future. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
srai
BRF Oldie

Re: BR Forum Feedback

Postby srai » 10 May 2021 06:27

^^^
To think about it, maybe I’m seeing an increase in threats of banning (or warnings) and actual banning going on in the recent years ... “Oldies” are fading out or retiring.

Kanson
BRF Oldie

Postby Kanson » 10 May 2021 13:26

May be we couldn't hear from chaiwalas, the constant feed of existing information. Its all hard day. Nobody knows what happens next, whether life, job or basic food.. hope good things happens soon.

sanjayc
BRFite

Postby sanjayc » 10 May 2021 16:55

Kartik wrote:Sadly, it seems that BRF is now getting quieter and quieter..not much movement on any threads.

Agree. Where have all the posters gone? Hardly one or two posts in each thread when I check BRF in the morning.

Rakesh
Forum Moderator

Postby Rakesh » 10 May 2021 23:07

Kartik wrote:Sadly, it seems that BRF is now getting quieter and quieter..not much movement on any threads.

Please do not make posts like this in other threads. We have a forum feedback thread for this purpose. It creates a cascading effect, which you can see in the number of replies. I have moved all the posts to this thread.

With regards to your observation, COVID has taken greater prominence over everything. It will pick up in due course.

arunsrinivasan
BRFite

Postby arunsrinivasan » 11 May 2021 06:18

Haridas wrote:

Sadly its a reflection of the Moderator's tending of the eco system.

Food for thought.

+1

Prem
BRF Oldie

Postby Prem » 11 May 2021 07:58

Many birds have flown away and nesting somewhere else ?

Rakesh
Forum Moderator

Postby Rakesh » 11 May 2021 08:58

They are all nesting in the Strat Forum. Lots of action going on there.

jamwal
BR Mainsite Crew

Postby jamwal » 11 May 2021 12:04

Not really. A lot of good posters left after ill advised closure of GDF. Few more were banned because a certain few moderators were having a bad day. Seems like average number of posts has been falling steadily since last 1.5-2 years.

If strategic forum is indeed very active, then it shows importance of GDF.

Prem Kumar
BRF Oldie

Postby Prem Kumar » 11 May 2021 15:46

Shutting down GDF, due to dhoti-shivering based on the threats of some SJW, was one of the stupidest decisions of BRF. It removed a lot of lustre from the forum.

A forum that calls itself "Rakshak" shouldn't have behaved in such a weak-kneed manner.

A lot of the action has moved to social media

Karan M
Forum Moderator

Postby Karan M » 16 May 2021 03:03

Guys - just cool down and some of you, kindly stop picking on moderators for unnecessarily perceived slights and angst.

Fact is most members, moderators included, resident in India and abroad are stressed out over the pandemic and the manner in which the second wave has hit. Its been almost a year and a half in this mess, and its only natural that many will take a break for a while. I am sure the situation is hardly less stressful wherever most of our non resident members are.

Next, GDF - that decision is done and dusted. Talk on the forum is one thing, but as repeatedly advised on even the strat forum, loose talk can have legal consequences and in that case, most folks cant contribute. Lets just leave it be.

prasannasimha
Forum Moderator

Postby prasannasimha » 16 May 2021 12:00

Most people who were active are busy dealing with the pandemic with various issues. Enough said about it as more cannot be told without maintaining confidentiality

bharathp
BRFite

Postby bharathp » 26 May 2021 23:17

does BRF have a watsapp group? also - does BRF have any unified strategy for combining investments to promote home grown companies (koo for example).
even a small start there (with a little from everyone, invest in actual companies for actual returns - no asking for donations here) can slowly create a fund of sorts that can at the very least support some of the initiatives BRF wants to support?

Suraj
Forum Moderator

Postby Suraj » 27 May 2021 11:20

This is a forum feedback thread. Please take social media concerns to the Social Media Watch Thread.

Kartik
BRF Oldie

Postby Kartik » 27 May 2021 15:25

Cross posting from Tejas thread.

Rakesh wrote:
Kartik wrote:I have been saddened to see the slow withering away of the lively discussions on BRF. Twitter has lured many of us and it's done no good for BRF, but I think that we need to loosen up some of the excessively strict posting here..not saying that the quality of discussions must drop but we must allow newbies to feel comfortable and not leave just because they feel they cannot contribute here.

How many times must we point out to you that there is a Forum Feedback thread for posts like this? This point was made very clear to you the last time, but you are still continuing on this. Do NOT make posts like this in this thread or any other thread for that matter. Feel free to make posts like this in the Forum Feedback thread - that is the whole point of that thread.

This is your last reminder. And do not reply to my post in this thread. Feel free to do so in the Forum Feedback thread.

If this is how the mods want to respond to a post on a serious issue then I don't find it surprising that BRF has managed to lose so many of it's regular posters.

Last reminder? Threatening me huh? Point out where you mentioned this earlier to me specifically.

Rakesh
Forum Moderator

Postby Rakesh » 27 May 2021 21:23

Kartik wrote:If this is how the mods want to respond to a post on a serious issue then I don't find it surprising that BRF has managed to lose so many of it's regular posters.

COVID-19 is ravaging India and people are dying in hundreds (if not thousands) DAILY. Which rock are you living under?

Every forum member has family in India or are themselves living in India and are affected by this. Visiting BRF daily - in the midst of a nationwide and personal pandemic - is the last thing on forum members' minds. In the midst of personal loss, you want forum members to come and give you regular and daily updates on Indian military projects? What is wrong with you? What is surprising is the traffic BRF is actually getting in the midst of this. And I have the forum stats and dates to prove this.

So what is a serious issue to you, is a non-issue to everyone else on this forum. And that is because they have their own health and a family that takes priority over BRF. Their own well being and the well being of their loved ones is crucial. And when this pandemic is finally over, the forum will gradually pick right back up. And I use the term gradually, because each individual takes a different length of time to deal with personal loss. And no one will come on BRF to share that personal info either. So spare us your analysis and reasoning on the "supposed" decline of BRF.

Kartik wrote:Last reminder? Threatening me huh?

I do not need to threaten you. I am giving you the courtesy of stopping this, but I do not have time to baby sit you. Next time, I will not remind you and no one will miss your presence. And that is not a threat, but feel free to take it in any manner you wish.

BRF rules exist for a reason. Learn to follow the rules or please leave.

Kartik wrote:Point out where you mentioned this earlier to me specifically.

And as for my earlier reminder, it is right here on this very page. Click on the link below.

And you have seen this message, because I replied to your post and therefore it shows up on your notifications. So don't the play the ignorant act.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6643&p=2498744#p2498744

hnair
Forum Moderator

Postby hnair » 27 May 2021 22:06

Kartik wrote:If this is how the mods want to respond to a post on a serious issue then I don't find it surprising that BRF has managed to lose so many of it's regular posters.

This has been elucidated above by Karan M (and now by Rakesh), but repeating again: We do need to keep in mind that BRF has been always about national security as a whole and not just about military tech discussions. The two topics (and threads) that had a tremendous amount of participation recently has been the Wuhan virus thread and the Ladakh thread. That is because those are the top top national security issues, which affect India in a very direct and visible way.

I hope you dont make erroneous conclusions of "losing folks" etc, because fact is each one of us have lost folks in India and it is tough to read such statements. Also a fact that we will rarely come to know if we lost any forum buddy or valuable poster to covid, because we dont have meetups like we used to have and it is tough to keep tabs based on social media post frequency etc.

Once this national crisis is over, we will certainly hear a lot more progress in lots of the technical programs, because a lot of pent up tasks are being done (atleast that is what I heard in the space domain).

Also, it is a standard practice for all webforums (and social media posting groups) to corral all discussions about a forum management into a single thread. This serves two purposes - keep discussions focused on thread topic and a single point trouble-ticket kind of tracking mechanism for current/future admins to refer back to. In future, you should post such generic forum queries or thoughts here, so all admins can take a stab at explaining or sorting it out

Hope you get the points from the admin POV and take it in the right spirit.

bharathp
BRFite

Postby bharathp » 28 May 2021 04:17

Suraj wrote:This is a forum feedback thread. Please take social media concerns to the Social Media Watch Thread.

This was a general question on brf groups. Not really about social media like Twitter or fb.
What about the other question?
Any interest to create a brf fund for profit and use it to invest in Indian security/home grown industry?

Suraj
Forum Moderator

Postby Suraj » 28 May 2021 05:03

Please understand that this thread is for discussion questions relating to actiivities on the forum. It has nothing to do with what people desire to do outside of BR simply because they know each other off the forum.

The moderation team is not in any position to do anything actionable about such requests because that's not part of our charter. If you feel so enthusiastic, take it up yourself, win the respect of your BRF peers and get them to support your initiative. It's no different from starting and driving a new thread on a new topic - just a lot harder.

bharathp
BRFite

Postby bharathp » 28 May 2021 09:56

agreed @suraj. apologies if this came across as asking for more work from moderators. I dint want to bring up something that already exists or if it was tried before.

Kartik
BRF Oldie

Postby Kartik » 28 May 2021 13:27

—-
Last edited by Rakesh on 28 May 2021 17:33, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Post deleted for having no value

Rakesh
Forum Moderator

Postby Rakesh » 28 May 2021 20:31

Thank you for your insight. Have a nice day!

arshyam
BRF Oldie

Postby arshyam » 07 Jun 2021 11:42

I received a warning from suryag for this post, with no reason specified. I am asking for some clarification here since I made this post communicating my intent to the OP to actually involve the mod team, and that's what I did. The result, the mod gave me a warning for the same post. If the person reporting a trolling post gets a warning without any rationale why would anyone report a post? Needless to say, I am a bit taken aback by this action from the moderator given that I generally consider myself to be a responsible poster - my posting record here should speak for itself.

Yes, I know mod decisions should not be questioned, and I am not, as long as I know what I was warned about. It's a basic expectation from anyone.

viewtopic.php?p=2501911#p2501911

Suraj
Forum Moderator

Postby Suraj » 09 Jun 2021 00:26

The warning appears to be erroneous, and I have removed it from your record. Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

arshyam
BRF Oldie

Postby arshyam » 09 Jun 2021 08:01

^^ Thanks for looking into it, Suraj-san.

Return to “Military Issues & History Forum”