Possible Indian Military Scenarios - XII

The Military Issues & History Forum is a venue to discuss issues relating to the military aspects of the Indian Armed Forces, whether the past, present or future. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
anand_sankar
BRFite

Re: Possible Indian Military Scenarios - XII

Post by anand_sankar »

Hope this works. MU has no limit, I think.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3VHUE2F1
anand_sankar
BRFite

Post by anand_sankar »

Even the first link works now.

Cheers
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

I am pretty p*ed with the continued presence of the chinese S300 bubbles in "Qaratagh La". we need a solution and a devastating one.
vivekmehta
BRFite -Trainee

Post by vivekmehta »

Singha wrote:I am pretty p*ed with the continued presence of the chinese S300 bubbles in "Qaratagh La". we need a solution and a devastating one.

could a special operations raid be a solution ? or some SFF action
Bala Vignesh
BRF Oldie

Post by Bala Vignesh »

^^ Too subtle... I want something with a bang... a big one at that.. May be a massive salvo attack of brahmos and Nirbhay if possible...
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

my six sense says LCH might play a part...
jamwal
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by jamwal »

Vivek jee,
When is your book coming out ? I'm eagerly waiting.
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

ME TOO

I think that would perhaps the best militory fiction novel for some time. I got sick of reading the bulls**t from us writers for long.
Mihir.D
BRFite

Post by Mihir.D »

When is the next part coming ?
Marut
BRFite

Post by Marut »

Singha wrote:I am pretty p*ed with the continued presence of the chinese S300 bubbles in "Qaratagh La". we need a solution and a devastating one.
And I'm pretty p**sed that the 'mithai' has not been delivered to the maulana yet :twisted: You can't get us addicted to pure heroin and leave us hanging. not fair :((
Samay
BRFite

Post by Samay »

I was wondering ,if someone here with a good hold on animation can actually make an animated video of any of the previously discussed scenario ,it will fantastic... worthy of a grammy :) or at least a national film award
sab_rah
BRFite -Trainee

Post by sab_rah »

brilliant Scenario, well Ahuja sir u r unbelieviable, u hav such a core knowledge of Indian equipments and doctrine, its good to see u can kick as too good, first i dnt believe at all that such a sophisticated and heartpounding scenario could ever be written,guess im wrong, u r a legion, keep it up sir
sab_rah
BRFite -Trainee

Post by sab_rah »

i had started writing short war stories and fiction long back, its my hobby, one of my friend ask me to check bharat rakshak and i was really impressed with the kind of writing found here, that i thought that doesn't exist in this part of the world and im totally wrong, Mr. Vivek, Shankar they r very good writer and hav deep knowledge about this thing, i will be regular from now on....well thanx bharat rashak
Last edited by SSridhar on 17 Jun 2010 15:16, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Welcome to the forum. Please desist from using SMS-type shortcuts. They are not needed here.
Sudhanshu
BRFite

Post by Sudhanshu »

When Shankar/Vivek MIA. Sudhanshu brings the filler for your reading pleasure :)
Caution: Following is for humor-seeking eyes only. And, the story is inspired by recent events.

----------------
Chapter Name: Naxals with a Red Face. Literally.

War efforts are going on western border of India. Major bulk of CRPF and other Indian Para-military forces are deployed inside captured Pakistani territory to maintain law order and help local authority in distribution of aid-supplies to war stricken Pakistani civilians and surrendered Pakistani Brigades.

One BBC reporter quizzed one Indian soldier on how he feels towards providing aid and food to people who were few hours back - if given chance - would have killed him. The soldier was simple Sipahi (Private) no diplomat or any PRO. The soldier’s quick-response “We are professional. And, we are really good at it.” And he went back to his work i.e. routing enemy combatant to their respective camps.

There were very few columns of CRPF left to tackle security issues inside central India. DeptyPM had made several appeals to CPI Maoist not to think of exploiting situation if Maoist really are as patriotic as they claim to be. And, DPM has thought he can rely on that fact.

Unfortunately, he was going to be proved wrong sooner.

Home Ministry Office – New Delhi

DPM: What!!!! Are you sure? (His face was similar as if someone has a heart-attack)

Home Secretary: Yes Sir I am sure. We have credible intelligence this was work of CPI Maoist. In fact one of their high ranking members claimed responsibility for this. Although, a faction inside the party is oppose to this move. I would call them sane faction.

DPM: Are they really high on something. How can they even think of pulling this kind of stuff? What is latest report?

Home Secretary: The most disturbing report is that indicates they had some outside help. IB is working on that story.

Home Secretary: They have taken control of Chhattisgarh Governor House, parliament and there was mass looting of weapons from state armory. We have lost contact with Chhattisgarh State. Most govt. employees and politicians are their hostage. And, they have announced, they would only negotiate with either PM or you. Also, 350 security personal (mostly state police) got killed. To avoid any panic (he meant embarrassment) we are reporting just 60 dead and 150 wounded to media. But, I am afraid we cannot hold the information for very long.

(to be continued..)
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

Sudhanshu-ji.

Good scenario. My humble request to you is that you complete this scenario unlike the previous one...

Humor has lot of value in conveying the truth!
Sudhanshu
BRFite

Post by Sudhanshu »

Continued from last past..

Legislative Assembly Raipur (Chhattisgarh State Capital) 10:00 PM IST

The scene was more like legendary Moscow theater siege, the only difference was the number of armed men/women was multiplied by 10 than what were at Moscow Theater.

The Chief-Minister and other top govt. official were sitting on their respective seats, sweating profusely in fear of getting shot anytime. The Maoist was, no more rag tag fighting guerrillas. Thanks to leniency of govt. of India in dealing with tackling Maoist, in past years Maoist have developed their capabilities and training and became a lean-mean cohesive fighting forces.
Inside the assembly, for every three civilian there was one Maoist with an AK-74/47/56. It was nightmare scenario for hostage rescue teams.

This was work for little known Maoist 101 Battalion which was also called as Maoist Commando. Few of Maoists even thought this exercise as dress rehearsal for how they going to take over Parliament and other organs of central govt. in New Delhi.
Bala Vignesh
BRF Oldie

Post by Bala Vignesh »

sudhanshu sir, nice premises for the story.... But please increase the size of the post...
I also request that you try and finish this scenario nice and good...
Sudhanshu
BRFite

Post by Sudhanshu »

Situation Room - Home Ministry Office – New Delhi

Meeting Attendees: Home Secretary, NSG Director General (Devanand Nevare ), IB chief (Harish Umakant), RAW Joint Director, Army Central Command Chief (Prasad Verma) , Home Secretary, NSA (liaison to PM), CRPF DG

DPM: Gentleman, thanks for showing up on such short notice. In light of current situation. I have put forward my resignation to PM. I feel like this all happened because of me. I was the one against use of brute force against these people. Now, look what I have created. All those security personals were not suppose to die like that.

Home Secretary: Sir, PM has already rejected your resignation. He trusts your judgment. You did what thought was best for country. At this time, we need your leadership. The last thing we need now is your resignation. Please don’t blame yourself.

CRPF DG: We never saw it coming Sir. Totally get caught by surprise.

Army Central Command Chief: No Sir!! ( in a heavy voice, interrupting CRPF DG ). We have seen it coming. Our field intelligence officer got hand on intel of a large scale Maoist assault just 1 hour before it actually happened. We were not sure about how big it could have been. Army Intelligence has been running Intel operation long before and training few hundreds of its men in jungle warfare. We have people who speak maoist's language and few of them are recruited in the outfit itself.

At this point DPM and many other asked themselves, why none thought to create a fully function CRPF intelligence unit ever before.

Army Central Command Chief: Even after being hugely outnumbered, few of my officers were anxious to act. They had a plan: if not to defeat but to prolong the Moist assault until the reinforcement arrives. But, they were stopped by their respective COs. Because we didn’t have permission to do anything more than intelligence gathering. You also know, if we had act, it could have been an Human right violation for some. Maoist didn’t attack any of our barracks or AF installation in the area. Otherwise, we might have had retaliated in pretext of ‘Self Defense’, search and destroyed these Maoist 100KM deep in jungles (he meant to say in Hindi as dauda dauda ke marna). And also, we all would not be meeting here now and but, reading about a failed Maoist attack in 6th page of tomorrow’s newspaper. However, in my personal opinion, had those officer known in advance, that Maoist were going to do such massacre, they might not have been cared about Rule of Engagement or court martial and taken matter in their own hands.

DPM: Good Job Prasad. But, hope you understand, we cannot get carried away in emotions, we cannot use brute force against our own people.

Army Central Command Chief: I beg to differ sir. Those are no more our own people. They are challenging republic of India and they are mass murdering Indian Citizens. I think they are classified more like an enemy.

DPM: I understand, but, we cannot just nuke an entire Indian village which has Maoist in it.

DPM: People, what is the plan. We are here to discuss a solution and bring speedy end to this crisis. Please let me know what you have in your mind and what you have done so far.

NSG Director General: Sorry Sir, I am afraid. There is no silver bullet in this case. Hostage Rescue by an assault is near impossible. If we attempt any such move the causality rate would be somewhere above 70%.
As of current situation as fallow:
Thanks to past Mumbai attack, we now have clear SOP on such scenarios. As soon as we got news about this attack in Raipur we didn’t wait for your ministry or State ministry ‘go’. Based on initial Intel from few of my personal friends in Army Intel, we set sufficient number of men and equipment into a fully filled civilian airplane taxing into Delhi runway. And landed into Raipur Airport. Our first priority was to secure the airport and railway. Now, we are sending reinforcements as required.

Few TV channels are already showing our snipers climbing up almost every tall feature in the city.... Can you please do me a favor sir, can you please ask them to stop showing all this live at least. Because, I am frustrated that we would lose element of surprise.

As of now, we have setup multiple observation posts just few yards away from Legislative assembly. Our main aim at the point to pin-point leaders in the group. Those will be hit first, if we chose to go in an assault mode. As per our study, rest Maoist are just poor villagers, they will surrender instantly. I request you to ask Air force to fly their jets low with their afterburner on and if possible strafe trees near-by. That will add psychological pressure to the enemy.(He meant I am sure some light hearted Maoist might just piss in their pants. And, he was right)

DPM: I appreciate your input Devanand. (with a smile) I know you broke tons of protocols and cause trouble to many civilian passengers. But, be assured you and your guys did great job. I will take all heat on that matter for you. You will get whatever you would need.

Please ask your men to stand-by. Don't fire any shot first unless any civilian life is threatened. As per conventional wisdom we would first try to resolve this issue with talk. PM wants all this resolved when he get back from his Lahore visit. (DPM didn't want to but couldn't help smiling at the thought on how exactly it would be feeling like visiting Lahore without any Pakistani passport and Visa)
Last edited by Sudhanshu on 23 Jun 2010 00:44, edited 3 times in total.
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

Please ask your men to stand-by. As per conventional wisdom we would first try to resolve this issue with talk. PM wants all this resolved when he get back from his Lahore visit. (DPM didn't want to but couldn't help smiling at the thought on how it would be feeling like visiting Lahore without any Pakistani passport and Visa)
:rotfl: :mrgreen: :rotfl:
vivek_ahuja
BRF Oldie

Post by vivek_ahuja »

Sorry about the delay, gentlemen. I have been bed-ridden for the last ten days now thanks to severe illness. Started recovering only recently. Will post the continuation for the scenario later today.

I appreciate the patience.

Thanks

-Vivek Ahuja
andy B
BRFite

Post by andy B »

vivek_ahuja wrote:Sorry about the delay, gentlemen. I have been bed-ridden for the last ten days now thanks to severe illness. Started recovering only recently. Will post the continuation for the scenario later today.

I appreciate the patience.

Thanks

-Vivek Ahuja
Geeez hope it wasnt too serious boss get well soon looking forward to read the next part...btw Vivek in the latest ACM there is big article on PLAAF their fighter force structure squadron numbers ityadi...I think you may find it useful to update your story line. Please visit nukkad for the link...
Bala Vignesh
BRF Oldie

Post by Bala Vignesh »

Ahuja sir, hope you are doing better. Please don't strain yourselves and post at your own leisure.
Sanku
BRF Oldie

Post by Sanku »

Hey Vivek what happened? Hope you are well now, wish that you bounce back, fast.
Marut
BRFite

Post by Marut »

Vivek, get well soon. We can wait for you scenarios, focus on getting better.
chaanakya
BRF Oldie

Post by chaanakya »

Get well soon.Stories are not so important as your Health.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

best wishes for your recovery. in the throes of fevers greatest of ideas emerge.
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

Take care of health Vivek. All other things are not improtent and can be done at leasure
biswas
BRFite

Post by biswas »

I wish to echo the sentiments of the others, get well soon Vivekji, we can wait.
Prasad
BRF Oldie

Post by Prasad »

Get well soon Vivek. You need to be in the best of health to stimulate those neurons :) Take care.
Avarachan
BRFite

Post by Avarachan »

Hope you feel better soon, Vivek.
Mihir.D
BRFite

Post by Mihir.D »

Is anybody going to post anything here or is this thread dead :cry:
SAditya
BRFite -Trainee

Post by SAditya »

This is my first post after getting accepted here as member. I was going through different posts but than decided what else can be better than this post which I have always been following even joining.

First let me congratulate all the writers who have put these scenarios. They are really great.

Especially Sudhanshu. Even though it is supposed to be light hearted, it always makes me think that India should be that powerful!!!!!!!

Regarding updates, I have a suggestion to writers. Instead of posting small chunks of scenario, please take your time and write it on word or something at your convenience and they post it here as a big block!!!!!!! I know making suggestions is very easy. you doing a great work of developing these scenarios by taking some time out of your busy professional and personal lifes.

Our appreciations are always there.
Sudhanshu
BRFite

Post by Sudhanshu »

Vivek, :) Hope it wasn't a long range sniper-shot.
On a serious note, hope you get well soon. We all are missing you.

----------
Damn those Naxals again killed more than dozens CRPF.

We need veteran story writers to write on this domestic security threat.
SAditya
BRFite -Trainee

Post by SAditya »

Vivekji, Sudhanshuji, where are you?

Your fans are eagerly waiting for the updates. I hope your health is fine.
vila
BRFite -Trainee

Post by vila »

Vivek Saar,
Get well soon, we are starving :)
Ajit.C
BRFite

Post by Ajit.C »

Eagerly waiting the next post
Bala Vignesh
BRF Oldie

Post by Bala Vignesh »

vivek sir, hope you are doing better... Please post the next batch of the scenario... Its been a long gap now...
viktor
BRFite -Trainee

Post by viktor »

Shankarji, I believe invasion of Pasni is still pending. Those 24 T-72s are still waiting with their engines running. Vivek and Sudhanshu, where are you guys?
Ajit.C
BRFite

Post by Ajit.C »

Hi, still waiting for updates.
Sudhanshu
BRFite

Post by Sudhanshu »

Lahor is part of India. Gwador port and most northern-western region are still in Pakistani control. Indians are cleaver enough not to pursue Pakistani in mountainous region.
Indian PM Rudra Pratap Singh was in Lahor. He was there to do two things, to negotiate a surdener with Pakistani General. If that doesn’t work, he was there to form a military alliance with Govt. of Afghanistan to end their problem of Taliban once for all.

200 Miles South from Gwadar Port
2 X Ultra-high speed patrol boats. (10 Marine Commandoes)

Lt. Sandeep (thinking to himself): Where is all the fun and adventure. I didn’t sign-up MARCOS to do police work here. Funny, they run out of manpower and assign us this watchdog mission. What terrorist will try to come this way. (His thought train was interrupted soon)

Petty Officer Santosh: Looking at radar screen with disbelief. Sir!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!… I think we have a big problem.

Lt . Sandeep: awesome!!! … calm-down. Tell me what that is.

After Indian Navy had prevailed in Indian Ocean, remnants of Pakistani Navy took refuge in ports of Saudia Arbia and other neutral middle-east countries.

Today, Indian Navy intelligence had stronger indication of a counter-attack or a last-stand by few Pakistani ships. There was sea blockade in effect for Pakistani sea-shore. All Indian naval ships were on high alert.

Petty Officer Santosh: Sir, two Pakistani destroyers are approaching us. It looks like they are originally going towards Gawdar port. Should we report this to command and run back to Lahor. Though, I don't understand, how they could have evaded our high sea scanners and came this much inside.

Lt. Sandeep: By the time command sends a ship to tackle this, it will be too late. We would lose them. They seem to be really good at evading our net.

Petty Officer Santosh: (jokingly) Sorry sir, I forgot to load Brahmos into our boat to tackle this our own. What do you want to do with this small boats?

Lt. Sandeep: Don’t worry Santosh. I will show you how to deal it without Brahmos. Tell other boat to ID the destroyers at close range. Make the destroyer feel like we are regular coastal patrol boats. Ask them not to try to engage until I say so. Give me Pakistani captain on radio.

On Radio:
This is PNS-Khaibar –actual, go ahead Charlie6.
This is Charlie6, you are approaching a closed harbor. All traffic to any Pakistani port is routed through Lahor. .. over.
Charlie6, we are going to Gawdar over.
PNS-Khaibar, this is a serious matter. For sake of safety of your crew we need to talk.

After some more chit-chat, In few minutes Lt. Sandeep and few of his team-members were abroad PNS-Khaibar.

Capt Azhurudien Mohmd (PNS Khaibar Capt): Lt. what is matter. It seems either you are crazy or you don’t have any fear. You are threatening thousands time bigger ship than yours. Don’t you know, if I wanted, in a heart-beat, I would have blown both your boat out of water.

Lt. Sandeep: But, you didn't blow us up, Captain. Deep inside you knew I have something important to say to you. We don't have much time Captain. You don't have any options other than to coming with us to Lahor.

Capt Azhurudien Mohmd: Are you kidding me Lt.? Are you out of your mind? You asking me to surrender to you and take my men and ships to an Enemy port. And, all that you are asking while threatening me with your tiny boats!!

Lt. Sandeep: We are not alone around here, Sir. We are patrolling this area under cover of Indian Akula. It is up to you to either come with us. Or, if you go even 1 mile farther this location, pretty sure you will be blown out by Indian Akulas. As of this moment I am myself scared of our own submarines as long as I am on this ship. Indian Akulas operating in this region has instructions to strike Pakistani ships at their will. ..Later, Don’t tell that I didn’t warn you.

Capt Azhurudien Mohmd: Alright, let me talk to my officers. I will get back to you.

In fact there was no Indian akula or a ship in that way. Lt. Sandeep just bluffed. And, it seem to be working!
Last edited by Sudhanshu on 24 Jul 2010 18:50, edited 4 times in total.