Attention non-members and lurkers !

The Military Issues & History Forum is a venue to discuss issues relating to the military aspects of the Indian Armed Forces, whether the past, present or future. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
menon s
BRFite

Re: Attention non-members and lurkers !

Post by menon s »

where does one post articles on the K Subramanyam! i have some written by Brookings, pls tell where to post it.
rkirankr
BRFite

Post by rkirankr »

Admin,

I had registered in BRF through my company's website. Today Iam shifting out of this company. Can I post from anyother IP
Klaus
BRF Oldie

Post by Klaus »

menon s wrote:where does one post articles on the K Subramanyam! i have some written by Brookings, pls tell where to post it.
Please go through this thread: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5808
There is a chance that some of what you have might have already been posted. Hence, please make sure not to make re-posts of the same.
samverma
BRFite -Trainee

Post by samverma »

Welcome.

Bhaskar sir..thanks for the welcome. Am writing now after a week of erratic net connections :(...finally everything seems to be on line..can imagine what you went through..was jumping from forum to forum since morning to see what all i missed including any new scenarios from Vivek sir and Shankar sir..moooooooooaaaaaaaaaannnnnn... NOTHING!!!! Vivek sir and Shankar sir, please post some updates..believe me when i say this hat every day i read your post, i don't miss my daily "revital capsule dosage"
amitkm
BRFite -Trainee

Post by amitkm »

after chasing BRF for last two years, now I'm confident enough to register and proud to be part of it.
I love posts from @Jamwal Sir (especially, "Begining of the End: Story"), any post from @Shiv Sir the most...
akshay
BRFite -Trainee

Post by akshay »

if accounts are purged is all user information and profile deleted?
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

Is it possible to convert one's id to a sabbatical id [read only]?
Gagan
BRF Oldie

Post by Gagan »

Yes this is a must have feature for the times when BRF-intoxication reaches very high levels.

If the forum software doesn't allow this,
One possible way in which to do this is to do a couple of soosai posts, and admin will help out by putting a member on 'read onlee' mode for a few months.
:mrgreen:
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

been there done that! :mrgreen:. when it goes beyond certain value addition, some times makes me think that a regimented approach with real admin CnC-ed setup can help.

read-only mode also helps to navigate thru those special gdf sector, and get a good handle of things happening. Another feature could be a make-believe posting, where it appears in a buffer, actually not been posted to thread. you get the postal! feeling, and all those sue-side effects can be avoided with a live IED.

:)
Hiten
BRFite

Post by Hiten »

SaiK wrote:Is it possible to convert one's id to a sabbatical id [read only]?
you could request the Mods to issue you a temporary ban for the number of days you desire

Common practice on forums where students predominant participants to request mods to ban them during exams
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

gdf gdf gdf..
Will
BRFite

Post by Will »

Is it possible to get my old ID back. One fine day I suddenly found that I couldnt login....
Sanatanan
BRFite

Post by Sanatanan »

Admins,

Since I no longer have the email id (ISP based) with which I registered, I request you to please unregister me.

Thanks
Sanatanan
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

unless you do not want to continue as member that is not cause for un-registering.
Sanatanan
BRFite

Post by Sanatanan »

Rahul M wrote:unless you do not want to continue as member that is not cause for un-registering.
Unfortunately, I do not have an ISP based email ID and may not be in a position to get one at present. I can give only a gmail based email ID. Will that be OK?

If that will be OK, I can continue. In that case, Do I need to edit my profile to show the new email ID?

Would be much obliged for clarification.
Thanks
RoyD
BRFite -Trainee

Post by RoyD »

Mods.. Could you please change my user name to "Prodyot", if not available, then to "ProdyotB"?
Thanks much!!!
saps
BRFite -Trainee

Post by saps »

How can i manage my account considering that the initial official id of mine is defunct however i can still log in but cannot receive any mails or PM suggestions pl. TO gurus, the previous mail id of mine cannot be activated any more at all. HELP.
Sushants
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Sushants »

Hello everyone, I m new here. After reading this I found it a very informative forum. Would like to discuss. Have some experience from Engg background, but a newbie in strategic/defence domain.
So if someone could suggest some Good blogs related to strategy/security ...
Thanks in advance :)
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

Joyanta
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Joyanta »

Hello Rakshak's.. I'm from dhaka. I've been a lurker here for last two years and finally decided to join brf last month. I find this forum very informative and the discussions here are very intriguing...specially the strategic ones. But sad to see the Bangladesh thread hardly get any attention. I wonder if it's ignorance or lack of interest. however glad be a part of brf community and would love to contribute here from now. :)
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

welcome boss, unfortunately we have had few balanced contributors from BD (only 2 IIRC) and one of them has been inactive for sometime. feel free to contribute.
chaitanya
BRFite

Post by chaitanya »

Hi I want to change the email id under which I registered but the software is not letting me... please help? TIA
member_19648
BRFite

Post by member_19648 »

Hi, my name is Ivanev. Greetings to all members on Bharat Rakshak. I was born in Moscow, Russia, my dad is Russian and mother an Indian. Currently I am based in Bangalore, as a consultant for an Aviation firm. Hope to learn a lot of things during my stay here.
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

Dear mods,

Especially in GDF, I often see new threads coming up, trying to sell something or the other. A BRFite-Trainee needs a hundred posts to become a BRFite. Is it not possible to disallow BRFite-Trainee status users from creating new threads. When they 'graduate' to BRFite status after a 100 posts, then they too can start threads. Till then they should be allowed to only post in existing threads.

Just a suggestion!
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

RajeshA wrote:Dear mods,

Especially in GDF, I often see new threads coming up, trying to sell something or the other. A BRFite-Trainee needs a hundred posts to become a BRFite. Is it not possible to disallow BRFite-Trainee status users from creating new threads. When they 'graduate' to BRFite status after a 100 posts, then they too can start threads. Till then they should be allowed to only post in existing threads.

Just a suggestion!
+1 and remove the IB4TL and related posts on that thread from post counts, it would however some members ambitions though. :x
johneeG
BRF Oldie

Post by johneeG »

Thanks again, Rahul saar and other jirga guys.
nawabs
BRFite

Post by nawabs »

Hello,It's a pleasure to finally join this community.
I have a question:- Where can I put up question regarding to political processes,etc to the senior members of the forum?
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

In GDF.
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Re: Attn non-members/Not Received Confirmation Email

Post by Rahul M »

first post in thread updated. folk who have registered but not got confirmation email plz have a look.
joshvajohn
BRFite

Post by joshvajohn »

I, joshvajohn, request moderators of this forum to delete my account from this group. thank you jj
archan
Forum Moderator

Post by archan »

The spam issue should be fixed now. Members are requested to register with human sounding names. We manually activate users now so the users which look legit are checked first and are likely to get activated sooner (remember, we get tons of spambots who register and we need to filter out genuine users).
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

we have a fairly large backlog of registered but not a/c activated members due to the problem with confirmation email. a number of users with registration dates going back to july 2011 have been activated recently.

if you registered within that time please try to login. email us in case of problems.
Jaybhatt
BRFite

Post by Jaybhatt »

2 quick queries and many thanks, in advance, for your responses.

Is it possible to upload a Powerpoint file or a photo from my own sources (and located currently on my computer) on to a post in an ongoing topic ? There may be no URLs for these files.

There was one topic where queries like this by newcomers were being addressed. Is this still there ?

Look forward to a response to these2 questions.
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

for photo upload tutorial see first post of misc pictures thread. for powerpoint file upload it to a file hosting site like mediafire and share the link.

yes. check the sticky threads in mil forum.
Jaybhatt
BRFite

Post by Jaybhatt »

Rahu M : Many thanks for getting back to me promptly.

Blue skies.
archan
Forum Moderator

Post by archan »

A bunch of new users have been activated, they can try and log in. If you registered and are still waiting activation, please email us at gentlemancadet at gmail with your user ID and approx. date of registration.

thanks.
samverma
BRFite -Trainee

Post by samverma »

Dear Moderators,
I have been trying to get details on the types of fuels used by the armed forces use including generic terminology) as well as quantities...i was trying to find this info so that i could do a tentative calculation on the cost of fuel for the armed forces...can u help me?
kenop
BRFite

Post by kenop »

I had registered with email address provided by my ISP. That may not be available to me in future as I am likely to stop their services. How does one manage future interactions (retrieving/restting passwords etc) with the admins ? Can a new email address (gmail/yahoo?) replace the original one?
archan
Forum Moderator

Post by archan »

Gmail etc. don't work - they are banned in the software; nothing a mod can do about it. Are you not going to have any ISP at all? how about work/school email?
kenop
BRFite

Post by kenop »

The problem has been postponed as the email address is available for some more time. Will take measures before the next expiry date.