International Naval News and Discussion

The Military Issues & History Forum is a venue to discuss issues relating to the military aspects of the Indian Armed Forces, whether the past, present or future. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
chola
BRF Oldie

Re: International Naval News and Discussion

Postby chola » 14 May 2018 23:25

Austin wrote:Russia Celebrates Black Sea Fleet Day!

What is the ship firing its gun on the link? It doesn’t look like a Russian ship and I’m pretty sure there isn’t a crotale looking weapon in the RU navy.

Austin
BRF Oldie

Postby Austin » 15 May 2018 07:54

The gun should be Moskva destroyer and the crotale like missile would be sa-n-6 an old Sam we had on Godavari class frigate

Lisa
BRFite

Postby Lisa » 17 May 2018 00:35

^^ It might be,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Type_052_ ... 5L-005.jpg

Type 052 destroyer

What do you think?

chola
BRF Oldie

Postby chola » 17 May 2018 06:44

Lisa wrote:^^ It might be,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Type_052_ ... 5L-005.jpg

Type 052 destroyer

What do you think?

I think you’re right, Lisa.

Dammit, I should have caught it since I’ve been chini mil watching for the past year too.

In my defense, the Type 052 was before my watching days. I know 052B and up. And had no idea I needed to dig into the PLAN’s fleet for a video on the Russkie navy. lol

Austin
BRF Oldie

Postby Austin » 17 May 2018 09:59

French admiral rated Russian submarines

WASHINGTON, May 16 - RIA Novosti. Modern Russian submarines are "incredibly fast and quiet," said Admiral Christophe Prazak, Chief of Staff of the French Navy.

Russian submarines are modern, incredibly fast and quiet," said Prazak, speaking at the Center for International and Strategic Studies in Washington.

The admiral also noted a sharp increase in the number of ships of the Chinese Navy. According to him, only in the past four years, China has put into operation 80 ships, which equals the entire surface fleet of France. In addition, he said, China is already building an aircraft carrier.

All this, according to Prazak, shows that France and the fleet of other NATO countries can not guarantee their leading positions in the world.

Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Postby Pratyush » 17 May 2018 10:15

It seems even the Russian have a need to be appreciated by the west and not just India. That's incredible

Kartik
BRF Oldie

Postby Kartik » 19 May 2018 04:31

MH-60R Seahawk production winds down as international interest remains tenuous

Production of Sikorsky’s MH-60 Seahawk is set to conclude in the next 18 months as the US Navy tops off its fleet and potential international customers have yet to commit to buy additional aircraft.

The USN is set to receive the last of the 280 MH-60R variants in the programme of record this June and then another eight of the helicopters in 2019 – additions to the 2018 budget. The Saudi Royal Navy is to receive 10 MH-60Rs in July.

“The production line is still active. It is still operating. It is coming towards the end of its life,” said USN Capt Craig Grubb, who manages the MH-60 helicopter programme. “If you want to buy MH-60s this is the time to act.”

International customers are expressing interest in the MH-60R but have yet to make commitments, he added. The MH-60R is operated by Australia and Denmark, in addition to the United States and soon Saudi Arabia.

Seahawk helicopter missions include anti-surface warfare, combat support, humanitarian disaster relief, combat search and rescue, aero medical evacuation, special operations and organic airborne mine countermeasures, according to the USN...

Austin
BRF Oldie

Postby Austin » 23 May 2018 12:05

The photos of USN warships made through the periscope of a Russian submarine (Oscar-II class) in autumn 2016 in the Mediterranean Sea.

December 28,2017. President Vladimir Putin and Counter Admiral Valery Varfolomeyev(commander of the 11th division of submarines of the Oscar class)at a ceremony to present state awards to the Russian service personnel who took part in the counter-terrorism operation in the Syria.

https://twitter.com/capt_navy/status/968039628350590976

Return to “Military Issues & History Forum”