CT & COIN Operations in India: News, Images and Discussion

The Military Issues & History Forum is a venue to discuss issues relating to the military aspects of the Indian Armed Forces, whether the past, present or future. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Gaur
Forum Moderator

Re: CT and COIN operations in India: News, Images and Discussion

Post by Gaur »

No one from our side was killed.

X-Post from SF Thead
Arunachal rebel camp raided
https://www.telegraphindia.com/1170905/ ... 170813.jsp
The 21 Special Forces battalion today launched the operation at 7.30am following specific inputs about the presence of NSCN (K) militants along the border near Longding district of Arunachal Pradesh.

Troops of 21 Para SF and 16 Assam Rifles killed an NSCN (K) cadre and injured another near Votnu village under Wakka circle in the district. The encounter site is around 15km from the Indo-Myanmar border.

A 21 Para SF personnel was also injured in the operation, army sources told The Telegraph.

An Assam Rifles press release said security forces also destroyed a temporary shelter and recovered an AK-47 riffle with ammunition.

"Several other militants managed to escape into the nearby dense forest because of dense fog in the area. The special forces recovered an AK-56, a radio set and a hand grenade, along with live bullets. During a combing operation, the forces located a camp of the rebels and destroyed it," said an official in the army headquarters.

Army chief Bipin Rawat, who met Union minister of state for home Kiren Rijiju at his North Block office later in the day, told reporters that the latest operation by security forces against NSCN (K) along the India-Myanmar border was "normal operations".

"These are normal and routine operations. Such operations happen everyday," he said.
"The operation is still under way to locate some of the militants who managed to flee. There were no casualties among our own forces," the army official added.
Aditya G
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya G »

We can take time to get it together but every time there is a change in antics we match it with appropriate counters:

http://www.hindustantimes.com/india-new ... 1g96O.html
The National Investigation Agency (NIA) raided 11 more locations across Jammu and Kashmir and Gurgaon on Thursday in connection with its probe into the cross-border funding of separatist activities in the Valley.

The anti-terrorism agency had searched 27 locations across Kashmir and Delhi the previous day, an exercise that drew praise from northern army chief Lt General Devraj Anbu. According to the military head, raids have helped stabilise the situation in the Valley.

Among the people raided were GN Sumji, a leader of the pro-Pakistan faction of the Hurriyat Conference; prominent separatist Shia leader Aga Syed Hussain Badgami, who is part of the Hurriyat’s hardline faction; Razzaq Chaoudhary and Zameer Shiekh, two close aides of separatist Shabir Shah; and chartered accountants of businessman Zahoor Watali, who has already been arrested by the NIA.

“Details of fixed deposits amounting to over Rs 1 crore and lots of incriminating material – such as financial records, property-related documents and electronic devices – were seized during the raids,” said an NIA spokesperson.

The suspects were also questioned in this regard, he added.

In June, the NIA registered an FIR against unnamed Hurriyat leaders, members of the all-woman separatist group Dukhtaran-e-Millat, and associates of Pakistan-based outfits Hizbul Mujahideen and Lashkar-e-Taiba for taking money from alleged Mumbai terror attacks mastermind Hafiz Mohammed Saeed. Eight people – including Altaf Shah Fantoosh, the son-in-law of hardline Hurriyat leader SAS Geelani – were arrested a month later as part of a broader investigation into allegations of cross-border funding of last year’s unrest in the Valley, which left over 100 dead.

Meanwhile, the NIA raids found a glowing endorsement in Lt General Anbu – who attested to a marked improvement in the Kashmir situation ever since the central probe agency went on the warpath. “The choking of cross-border funding by the NIA will have an effect on the agitational dynamics of terrorism as well,” he said, adding that stone-pelting incidents have already started decreasing across the Valley.

Aditya G
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya G »

Complete dope on Operation Golder Bird

http://www.idsa.in/system/files/jds/jds ... n-bird.pdf
July 2016
Volume:
Issue:
Perspectives
Operation Golden Bird, conducted along the Indo-Myanmar border in the North-Eastern state of Mizoram under the aegis of 57 Mountain Division (57 Mtn Div) in April–May 1995, has often been portrayed as a joint operation between the armed forces of India and Myanmar. In reality, however, this operation was planned and executed by the Indian Army alone, with troops ex 57 Mtn Div and those under operational control of Headquarters Inspector General, Assam Rifles (North) or HQ IGAR(N). The Mizoram police was excluded from the operation, at least in the initial stages. That the Myanmar Army also got involved in the operation was not by design on any side.
Gaur
Forum Moderator

Post by Gaur »

^^
Great find! Thanks a ton!
Bart S
BRF Oldie

Post by Bart S »

Gaur wrote:No one from our side was killed.

X-Post from SF Thead
Having armed drones would certainly help with such operations.
shaun
BRFite

Post by shaun »

A proper transport and pic, i was advocating for a long time...

courtesy http://www.nairaland.com
Gaur
Forum Moderator

Post by Gaur »

Two Hizbul militants killed in encounter with security forces in Kulgam

http://www.firstpost.com/india/jammu-an ... 30267.html
Two Hizbul militants were killed in an encounter with security forces in Kulgam district of Jammu and Kashmir, media reports said on Tuesday.

Security forces launched a cordon and search operation in Khudwani area of Kulgam district on Sunday following specific information about the presence of some militants, a police official told PTI.

During searches, the militants opened fire at the security forces who retaliated, leading to a gunfight.
J&K: Two Hizbul terrorists killed in an encounter with security forces in Kulgam, one OGW apprehended. AK 47 rifle & Insas rifle recovered pic.twitter.com/ioHOD6LMMk

— ANI (@ANI) September 11, 2017
Manish_P
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_P »

Good one by Tata

If possible they might want to see if the frontal glass area can be reduced, some armor to protect the engine compartment and also arches/skirts be added to the wheel wells (although that might be on purpose to have higher ground clearance)

The US/UK military version 'Rhino' looks quite similar

vasu raya
BRFite

Post by vasu raya »

the tata one has gun ports under the windows even if finish isn't good, maybe they could switch to tubeless offroad tires to avoid flats
jamwal
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by jamwal »

CI forces in JK are using small Netra like drones . I saw the picture in a local newspaper.

Situation in Kashmir is very good right now. I can not say of it is because of NIA raids on Hurrirats but things look much more peaceful.

Terrorists have started to attack local police more frequently for some reason.
Manish_P
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_P »

vasu raya wrote:the tata one has gun ports under the windows even if finish isn't good, maybe they could switch to tubeless offroad tires to avoid flats
Yes, the gun ports are good. Come from years of hard experience.

<OT>
Incidentally the Iranians have a bus, oestensibly for 'Crowd Control',which looks like something out of Robocop or Mad Max (if not inspired from the ISIS loonies). Looks tough, doesn't look very manouverable though. IMHO more than looking scary it shows how scared the Iranian authorities seem to be...
Those container-loving politicos of Pukistan might consider purchasing a few.. painted green of course :D
</OT>
vasu raya
BRFite

Post by vasu raya »

Manish,

the Iranian one looks straight from a horror movie :eek:

the tata one, the gun ports hopefully do not open from outside and only from inside

they should be able to cover the front and rear areas, cannot expect sideshot arms to be used by the Jawans

should the bus rolls over there should be multiple ways for emergency exit
Manish_P
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_P »

Another good thing about using a standard machine as the baseline is that spares will be easily available.
Chinmay
BRFite

Post by Chinmay »

Pig who led the Amarnath attack, Abu Ismail, dispatched to hell.

No one escapes Bhagwan Shiva's wrath.
Karthik S
BRF Oldie

Post by Karthik S »

^ Their pics:

Aditya G
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya G »

http://www.caravanmagazine.in/reportage/departed

“I was already so angry with everything,” Butt continued. “This anger was mounting slowly, and I didn’t know what to do. So when these guys told me they were leaving for Pakistan in a few days, I said I will also come.” He was taken across the border with a group of about 50 boys affiliated to a nationalist outfit called Muslim Janbaz Force; a few gave up along the way, three were killed when they fell into a gorge, and one was shot by an army sniper. Their guides, Butt remembered, urged them forward and told them to recite verses from the Quran for their safety. “Of that group of fifty,” Butt said, “only three are still alive today. If someone gave me one crore to cross the border now, I would say, ‘I’m not going, mothe rfuc ker.’” :rotfl: :mrgreen:

Butt’s next confrontation with his trainers was less amusing. A few Pakistani commanders came to the camp to brief the fighters on their targets inside Kashmir. “They told us the bridges should be burned to cut the army supply lines,” Butt said. “It didn’t make sense to me—India doesn’t need bridges for supply, and they could anyway build emergency bridges to replace any that were destroyed in one or two days. In my view, burning a bridge was a sin, because a bridge is mostly used by the people.” Butt stood up and demanded that the commander show him where it was written in the Quran that such acts were permitted. “He ordered his men to take me away. They tied me to a tree, and I’m sure they were going to execute me in a few days. My Kashmiri friends came to me and said the only way to save my own life was to shout loudly and act like I had gone insane.”

For three days, Butt put on a dazzling performance: singing Pakistan’s national anthem and Bollywood songs, shouting abuse at the commanders and then singing songs in their honour. “Somehow I managed it well,” Butt said. “They thought I had serious mental problems, and they untied me.” Soon he planned his escape from the camp, stealing out in the middle of the night along the route used by supply trucks to bring food to the camp. He hitchhiked back across the Khyber Pass to Peshawar, and then to Muzaffarabad, where he tried to steer clear of the camps, living off the charity of Kashmiri families and sleeping at mosques.

After a year or so, Butt said, a young Pakistani man whom he had seen staying at the same mosques approached him with a proposition: the two would work together to raise money for the insurgency, and Butt could keep a small share of the proceeds. For the next two months, they knocked on hundreds of doors together. “In those days,” Butt said, “people would give anything for Kashmir—hundred-rupee notes, gold necklaces, rings.” One day, the pair were in a village outside Abbasspur, near the border with Jammu, and the other man beat him and ran off with the money they had collected. :mrgreen:

“He was a fraud,” Butt said. “He used my identity—he told these villagers, ‘Look, a Kashmiri mujahid has come on his own to collect money for his cause. Support him, help him to liberate Kashmir.’”

jamwal
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by jamwal »

Many of these chikna kashmiris were sexually abused by pakis and other foreign mercenaries.[
ArjunPandit
BRF Oldie

Post by ArjunPandit »

Aditya G wrote:http://www.caravanmagazine.in/reportage/departed

One day, the pair were in a village outside Abbasspur, near the border with Jammu, and the other man beat him and ran off with the money they had collected. :mrgreen:

“He was a fraud,” Butt said. “He used my identity—he told these villagers, ‘Look, a Kashmiri mujahid has come on his own to collect money for his cause. Support him, help him to liberate Kashmir.’”

This one is straight from Chekhov's stories
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

The bearded one is Abu Ismail.

Nice marksmanship.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Manish_P wrote:Good one by Tata

If possible they might want to see if the frontal glass area can be reduced, some armor to protect the engine compartment and also arches/skirts be added to the wheel wells (although that might be on purpose to have higher ground clearance)

The US/UK military version 'Rhino' looks quite similar

https://www.wired.com/images_blogs/dang ... 2aee_z.jpg
Yes this UK/US mil version will never make it on Indian roads - that extra ground clearance is absolutely necessary
kancha
BRFite

Post by kancha »

Gents, today is the first anniversary of the Uri Attack that resulted in 18 fatalities on own side, and was followed by the Surgical Strikes a few days later. Had shared some thoughts on twitter a day after that. Sharing the same here again. Feedback welcomed.

Blog Link

Twitter Link

On the first anniversary of the #UriAttack, replugging some thoughts I tweeted last year, a day after the attack. Glad to note that many things turned out as hoped!

Here goes..

Firstly, what happened and how it happened is well known by now. Will not dwell upon that. One thing that can be safely said without fear of contradiction is that the attack in itself was nothing new. Terror attacks on army camps have happened before at a number of locations, including Uri (Remember Lt Col Sankalp Kumar?). What makes this attack ‘different’ is the sheer numbers of fatal and non fatal casualties. Let me go out on a limb here. I say this magnitude of damage wasn’t anticipated by the terror handlers in Rawalpindi. It is this which is a potential game changer.

I bet there are anxious khakis in Pindi waiting for how India will react now, esp given the PM’s Independence Day speech in which he raised a ‘sensitive’ issue, Balochistan, and the days thereafter wherein there seems a concerted campaign to name and shame Pakistan for its state sponsored terror. IMO, the govt will HAVE to react to this provocation ‘differently’ than similar ones in past. There seems no other way. When and how that retaliation happens needs to be seen.

There already exists a precedent wherein after the massive casualties in Manipur last year, the Govt took a few days to prepare and retaliated with a massive blow in the form of the Special Forces raid in Myanmar. I still remember some Paki handles tweeting something like ‘Pakistan is not Myanmar’ or such likes.

Will come to that in a while.

Right now, the issue at hand is whether the Govt will react or not. I guess that is a call for the Govt of the day to take. What follows is the options I see are available. In a nutshell, let us say there are 2 options: military and non military.

Talking about the non military ones first, these may take form of a string of dossiers as done after 26/11, or a speech in the UN, or not resuming the already suspended dialogue process for a bit longer. All have been tried time and again, with the same result -failure. The one single reason is that we want others to do what is essentially our own job. No one in the world has any love lost for any Indian lives lost. Not until we put a heavy price on each and every Indian life ourselves. THAT is the bottom-line.

This is not to say that diplomacy doesn’t matter. It does. Just as it did in 1971 and Kargil. But at those times, it was backed with the full might of the Indian military machine. THAT is what clicked then and not in 26/11 – the military option. This current ‘lull’ after Kargil is perhaps the longest we’ve been without a military confrontation with Pak.
What this seems to have led to is a mindset which, originally defensive, has become even more so. Covert retaliation et al seem to be the answer of choice lately, but what we are forgetting is that we are playing into the enemy’s strength by doing this, even as our strength – Military Might – remains idle and unacknowledged.

Yes, I use the phrase ‘Military Might’ because it is exactly what it is when facing Pakistan. For all the issues of equipment etc flogged daily on social media, fact is that even in its present state, the Indian Army will prevail over the Khakis across the border with ease. With ease indeed, given the overwhelming superiority in the air that will come to bear in sync with the grunts on ground who must already be raring to have a go. Now add to this the relative strengths of the navies and you’ll understand why Paki Army have tried to keep the levels of provocation below the perceived Indian threshold – a ‘war avoidance’ strategy, if you will.

They know that for all the bombast and swag, they don’t stand a chance. And given what they’ve consistently fed their population, if push comes to shove, their nakedness will be exposed to the very population that they have ruled for practically all of last 69 years.

Coming back to the current day. Retribution HAS to follow, there is no doubt about that. However, IMO, it should also be SEEN as having been visited upon the perpetrators. And the perpetrator is not a Hafiz Saeed / Masood Azhar. It is the Khakis sitting in Rawalpindi that planned it, and those immediately across the LC from Uri that executed it. I wouldn’t mind a bit if they are flattened with some help from the heavens above. Killing the terrorists that came in isn’t enough. They are in numbers unimaginable, a practically endless stream. Pain needs to be visited upon those who control the tap – Remember the taped conversation of Musharraf during Kargil – ‘Inki tooti hamare haath mein hai’?

They don’t have the b@lls to fight man to man, and sadly, we oblige them by being reactive and restricted to own side of the borders. It is time to change this state of affairs.

I understand that this chain of thoughts, or rant, call it what you will, is asking for an emotive response when our forte has been a rational one. Even in case of Myanmar, it took a few days to put things in place before the raid went in, but the point is, being rational hasn’t had much effect wrt Pakistan. It takes 2 hands to clap, with just one hand, all you can do is slap the other fellow. I feel it is time to change the rules a bit. Let it be India that is ‘irrational’ for a change, that is if you consider a legitimate military response to this provocation, irrational. Mind you, the Indian soldier is down, but not out. He still has a LOT of fight in him, despite the losses. Instead of losing fine young men merely on this side of the border, let the enemy too get an opportunity for the same.

Unlike what some #Presstitutes said yesterday, being a soldier is not a suicidal job. Yes, you may lose your life, but that is a known risk. It is deaths like the ones that came visiting to the boys in Uri yesterday that hurt. In the long run, a military confrontation is the ONLY way to arrive at a lasting solution, given that it is the Paki Army that runs the show, regardless of the democratically elected govt in power.

As for the idiotic calls for people to people contacts and Pakis artists etc, remember, they make money in India off you and me, go back and pay taxes in Pakistan, enabling their govt to foment terror back in India. I tweeted my thoughts on that some days ago. MUST have a look and let me know if I am wrong, here’s the LINK to that.

To sum up, status quo as of now is they provoke, we react in a predictable manner. I say, break this pattern. Let us be the irrational ones for a change. Let us bring our strengths to bear, instead of playing to the enemy’s strengths.

JMTs

(One year later, today I am somewhat glad to note the way things have turned out to be. Surgical Strikes across the LoC were exactly the kind of ‘public’ response one had hoped for and the recent shifting of gears with respect to operations inside the Valley. Fact remains, however, that the Khakis across the border STILL remain comfortable in Pindi. Hope that changes too. Soon)
Apologies for the long post. A couple of photos / screenshots are on the blog that I didn't share here
joygoswami
BRFite

Post by joygoswami »

Uri attack 24/09/17. The encounter ends, all 3 pigs killed. These guys don't look TFTA at all. RIH

Graphic content alert

Dead Jihadi 1

Dead Jihadi 2
Gaur
Forum Moderator

Post by Gaur »

Kashmir encounter: Four militants killed had plans to storm Army camp, says officer
The militants were hiding in a house and had taken its residents hostage, an officer said.

http://indianexpress.com/article/india/ ... r-4861238/
The four fidayeen foreign militants killed at Kalgai village, close to the Line of Control in Uri sector, planned to target the Army’s strategic 76 artillery unit on Uri-Kaman road, 7 km from Uri, officers said on Monday. Three militants were killed in a join operation on Sunday, and the fourth was killed on Monday in a combing operation.

Deputy Commandant, 12 infantry brigade, Harpeet Singh said the militants had plans to target the Army’s Kalgai camp. “We received specific information about the presence of terrorists in the adjoining area of Kalgai village,” he said. “The operation was launched late September 23 night; the cordon was established by midnight.’’

Singh said that the militants were hiding in a house and had taken its residents hostage. “After rescuing the civilians, four terrorists were killed during a day-long firefight,” he said.

He said the search operation is under way. “The terrorists were well-equipped and planned to carry out a major strike in the Kalgai camp. Alert troopers foiled another devastating attack on the Army camp,” he said.

Sources said the police had first received information about the presence of militants in the village before it was passed on to the Army. Three AK rifles, IEDs and more than a dozen grenades were recovered from the militants.

The encounter took place in a highly secure area and the militants had come to the village to target the Army camp, sources said. The militants may have reached the village on Saturday evening and could have been waiting for an appropriate time to target the camp, they said. The militants were in Army fatigues to avoid attention, sources said.

There have been more than five attempts by militants this year to sneak into the area and all of these were foiled, with only this group managing to reach near one of the biggest Army camps, officials said. “Although the LoC is completely sealed and there are multiple layers of security, there are still some gaps which militants have tried to use to sneak into Uri,’’ an official said.
sudhan
BRFite

Post by sudhan »

joygoswami wrote:Uri attack 24/09/17. The encounter ends, all 3 pigs killed. These guys don't look TFTA at all. RIH

Graphic content alert

Dead Jihadi 1

Dead Jihadi 2
The first pig got his d!ck blown off.. the other seems to have gotten up close and personal with a incendiary grenade..

Looks like even grass is hard to come by in Porkland these days..
Khalsa
BRFite

Post by Khalsa »

Gents, The Kill Ratio seems to be moving back in the desired direction.
sum
BRF Oldie

Post by sum »

Something tells me lured back by a trap using our agencies and walked into a ambush
Khalsa
BRFite

Post by Khalsa »

^^^^^ possibly
i also feel that over the past 3 months, we have had a major int breakthrough.
Brawns + Brains

The number of cornered and killed seems to have jumped
The latest URI attack was a counter attack before the attack by the terrorists started
vnms
BRFite

Post by vnms »

sudhan wrote:
joygoswami wrote:Uri attack 24/09/17. The encounter ends, all 3 pigs killed. These guys don't look TFTA at all. RIH

Graphic content alert

Dead Jihadi 1

Dead Jihadi 2
The first pig got his d!ck blown off.. the other seems to have gotten up close and personal with a incendiary grenade..

Looks like even grass is hard to come by in Porkland these days..
Was about to post that. He will have no use for 72 houries. I think this guy was politely asked a few questions after which he cut off his junk and thus committed soosai.
joygoswami
BRFite

Post by joygoswami »

Unnamed sources in the fb page Shatrujeet claiming that this picture is from sometime last year. This was apparently a direct revenge to the beheading of an Indian Soldier earlier. Graphic warning**

LINK
Gaur
Forum Moderator

Post by Gaur »

Army Strikes Naga Insurgent Camps Along Myanmar Border, Inflicts 'Heavy' Damage

http://www.news18.com/news/india/army-s ... 29767.html
The Army on Wednesday struck Naga insurgent camps along the border with Myanmar and caused “heavy damage”.

A team of Indian Para Commandos carried out the strike at 4:45 am and inflicted damage on NSCN-K insurgents close to Langkhu village near the Indo-Myanmar border.

The Army suffered no casualties, sources confirmed.

This is the second such strike the Army has carried out along the Myanmar border. In June 2015, the Army had targeted NSCN-K camps days after the group’s militants ambushed and killed 18 Indian soldiers in Manipur.

Wednesday’s strike also comes on the eve of the anniversary of India’s surgical strike on terror camps in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir following the Uri terror attack last year.

Army chief Bipin Rawat had said earlier this week that India may conduct more surgical strikes “if needed”. "The strikes were a message we wanted to communicate. I think they understood what we meant. These things could follow, if required,” he said.

The National Socialist Council of Nagaland-Khaplang abrogated the ceasefire it signed in 2001 with the Indian government, on March 27, 2015, just a month before the truce was up for renewal.

Subsequently, its chief SS Khaplang's rebels went on a killing spree, attacking Indian soldiers in Nagaland and Manipur.

The outfit even mounted the deadly ambush on a convoy of the 6 Dogra Regiment in Manipur's Chandel district on June 4, 2015, in which 18 soldiers were killed.

Khaplang died on June 9 in Taka in Myanmar's Sagaing Division.

Reports of casualties to #IndianArmy personnel factually incorrect. Firefight
occurred along Indo-Myanmar border at 0445 hrs today @adgpi
— EasternCommand_IA (@easterncomd) September 27, 2017

Heavy casualties reportedly inflicted on NSCN(K) cadre. No casualties suffered by Indian Security Forces
— EasternCommand_IA (@easterncomd) September 27, 2017
nits
BRFite

Post by nits »

The statement released by the Indian Army, Eastern Command.

sumsumne
BRFite -Trainee

Post by sumsumne »

sum wrote:
Something tells me lured back by a trap using our agencies and walked into a ambush
A tip off from PoK
http://m.deccanherald.com/index.php?url ... ml&secid=1
saje
BRFite -Trainee

Post by saje »

Graphic content alert

Dead Jihadi 1

Dead Jihadi 2
These pictures are very disturbing. What is disturbing is that after most encounters, the bodies of the Pakistani Insurgent Guys (PIGs) are displayed almost intact and with a few bullet wounds or an odd blast injury or something alike. What this does is that it sends the wrong message to these Perverted Islamic Goons (PIGs) that they can come over and get an honourable death (Shaheedgiri) at the hands of the Indian Army. And so, the cycle continues...Shaheedgiri breeds Shaheedgiri and more keep coming... What needs to be done is to give these pigs a dishonourable death so that wannabe pigs fear that kind of death. What needs to be done is to show pictures of these pigs with the bodies clinically dismembered -- hands,legs,head separated from torso/preferably their dicks shoved into their mouths/or even some stray dogs making a snack of the dismembered parts. Such a sight will send the correct message -- "Don't come here & die a horrible death!", everything else we do will only make us look like sissies waiting to get picked on again and again and again... The Indian Army needs to shed it's 'Dharamraj Yudhistra' image and become a jaanwar like the jaanwars it is fighting.
brvarsh
BRFite

Post by brvarsh »

saje wrote:
the bodies of the Pakistani Insurgent Guys (PIGs) are displayed almost intact and with a few bullet wounds or an odd blast injury or something alike. What this does is that it sends the wrong message to these Perverted Islamic Goons (PIGs) that they can come over and get an honourable death (Shaheedgiri) at the hands of the Indian Army.
What do you expect? Army hanging their heads on poles? You don't need to be brutal to be effective.
Mihaylo
BRFite

Post by Mihaylo »

brvarsh wrote:
saje wrote:
the bodies of the Pakistani Insurgent Guys (PIGs) are displayed almost intact and with a few bullet wounds or an odd blast injury or something alike. What this does is that it sends the wrong message to these Perverted Islamic Goons (PIGs) that they can come over and get an honourable death (Shaheedgiri) at the hands of the Indian Army.
What do you expect? Army hanging their heads on poles? You don't need to be brutal to be effective.
Its all about the face. They need to blow torch their face, give them a crisp look. Followers of the Caravan raider detest fire and burns on bodies. Apparently, one doesn't get 72 hoors if one's face is burnt.

-M
vnms
BRFite

Post by vnms »

Just place dead pig(could be dummy) on these aholes when taking power pics. Then they not be so eager..

We should make announcement that since these pigs do not represent true Islam, those willing to commit atrocities do not deserve to go to jannat. Therefore, we will bury these pigs in pigskin. This message should be spread far and wide.
Khalsa
BRFite

Post by Khalsa »

Gents, while your anger and energy is appreciated.
Executing what you ask for such as hanging from trees and scorched faces + pigskin will only play into the hands of the media (ours and theirs).

Remember when one poor major cut off and surrounded took intiative to tie a suspect to his jeep and safely extracted his men.
Jeez it was like the entire world's media found an opportunity to report on Indian Army on Kashmir.

tying a man to the front of jeep was somehow more tut tut thatn IS slaughtering 40 people every day in Syria and Iraq.

My 2 cents is a recap of some wonderful officer saying this on Ted Talk.

Its their duty to meet Allah
Its our duty to ensure the meeting happens.

Kashmir is men swallowing blender right ? Let them send, we are getting practice.
it does hurt as our men die too but lets continue to right the kill ratio and it shall be fine.
Khalsa
BRFite

Post by Khalsa »

Our COAS has focused and in turn has asked his commanders, senior mid and Juniors to improve basic infantry man tactics
Give credit to the current chief and watch all that is achieved at the end of his tenure, you might be surprised.