Miscellaneous Pictures - Indian Armed Forces

The Military Issues & History Forum is a venue to discuss issues relating to the military aspects of the Indian Armed Forces, whether the past, present or future. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Hiten
BRFite

Re: Miscellaneous Pictures - Indian Military

Post by Hiten »

would anyone know the story behind these HJT-16s? No IAF markings. Unusual paint scheme

via http://www.aame.in/2012/07/iaf-hjt-16-a ... paint.html
Indranil
Forum Moderator

Post by Indranil »

shiv wrote:
Nick_S wrote:What is that silver pod on the right?

http://lh5.ggpht.com/-JH3l2oYMdj8/T_1_h ... imgmax=800

(pic from shubh space blog)
Looks like a gun pod to me.
It is indigenously developed gun-pod from Transport aircraft RnD division of HAL.
Aditya G
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya G »

HAL marketing aircraft
Hiten wrote:would anyone know the story behind these HJT-16s? No IAF markings. Unusual paint scheme

via http://www.aame.in/2012/07/iaf-hjt-16-a ... paint.html
vdutta
BRFite

Post by vdutta »

Wow. i have never seen anything like this before in India.

A Jammu and Kashmir Police commando stands at attention during a passing out parade at Lethpora, some 30 kilometers (19 miles) south of Srinagar, India, Friday, July 20, 2012. Authorities said that 937 Kashmiri men were formally inducted into the police force after nine months of rigorous training.
vdutta
BRFite

Post by vdutta »

Pretty Intense i must say

New graduates, Jammu and Kashmir Police commandoes, march during a passing-out parade at Lethpora, some 30 kilometers (19 miles) south of Srinagar, India, Friday, July 20, 2012. Authorities said that 937 Kashmiri men were formally inducted into the police force after nine months of rigorous training.
Bob V
BRFite

Post by Bob V »

sum
BRF Oldie

Post by sum »

^^ Superb pic...The sniper and his vast playground. Source please?

Regarding the J&K police pics, if it wasnt for the caption about it being JKP, would have thought that they were some TSP/Afg pics!!!
tejas
BRFite

Post by tejas »

That type of ratty beard looks like a turd world soldier from Poakistan or some other Islamist hellhole. Completely unprofessional looking. :( :( :(
Indranil
Forum Moderator

Post by Indranil »

Tejas sirjee.

I completely disagree with you here. Those Kashmiris are an Indians, serving in the police of an Indian state. If a turban is not unprofessional, then neither is a beard.

I am very happy to see the inclusive participation. Those Kashmiris are our brothers and equally Indian as you and me. What is more he is putting his life in danger for India and what India stands for. It is high time we respect them for that and for who they are!
tejas
BRFite

Post by tejas »

Greetings Indranilroy. I do not mind a well trimmed beard. As for Kashmiris, my heart goes out to the 500,000 driven by violence from their homes. Not to the people responsible for the ethnic cleansing. Cheers.
Indranil
Forum Moderator

Post by Indranil »

As for his untrimmed beard: that is his identity. The INDIAN constitution grants him the freedom to maintain his identity ... the only denominator is and should be whether he is up to his job ... If he is up to his job, I will be as proud of him as a clean shaven guy. (By the way, I was in NCC for 3 years, and I know the essence of being clean shaven)

As to the "ethnic cleansing". If you want the ambient situation to be congenital for reverse migration, you have to make Kashmiris feel that they are part of India. You can't forcefully tell them, what they are and what they should be. And for that feeling to grow, there is a requirement of inclusion.

Besides do you know anything like first-rate Indians, second-rate Indians and so on. If not, then are two choices:
1. Rightfully claim Kashmir to be part of India, and treat Kashmiris as Indians, or
2. Don't claim Kashmir as part of India.

The choice is yours.
tejas
BRFite

Post by tejas »

Lets make them feel like a part of India. Repeal Article 370 and reduce their per capita aid from the Center, currently the highest in the country, to the all-India average. As for inclusion/assimilation you are kidding right? Where Islam is a majority on this planet, without exception, minority safety and freedom are both endangered species. My last post on this topic as if I say what I really think, I will get banned. Cheers.
Brando
BRFite

Post by Brando »

indranilroy wrote:As for his untrimmed beard: that is his identity. The INDIAN constitution grants him the freedom to maintain his identity ...
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

So If someone's from Kerala can they serve in J&K with luggi ?? What if they follow Rastafarianism ? Do they get to sport dreads ?? What if they are a Kerala Rastafarian ? Can do they sport both lungi and dreads ??

:roll:

India is a "SECULAR" country - not a circus, if you want to worship ALLAH or SATAN or XENU you can do it in your own time, in private! As a government servant you are a "secular" officer of the state - not part of the circus or auditioning for Mujahideen wannabe! These people need to get over themselves, their "religion" isn't the only one in the world and their "faith" is not more important to them than other people's faith is important to them, everybody needs to meet at common ground- not start their own freak show!

Hell, even the Romans 2500 years ago saw bearded soldiers as "barbarians" and "savages" and those days they didn't even have razors! There is a reason soldiers are asked to shave and have close cropped hair because it is less distracting, cleaner, low maintenance and doesn't give your enemy a nice grip on your head while he slits your throat! :roll:
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

*** Warning ***
Guys, this thread is for pictures. Discussions based on pictures can be taken to more appropriate threads. Do not clutter this thread.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

tejas wrote:Lets make them feel like a part of India. Repeal Article 370 and reduce their per capita aid from the Center, currently the highest in the country, to the all-India average. As for inclusion/assimilation you are kidding right? Where Islam is a majority on this planet, without exception, minority safety and freedom are both endangered species. My last post on this topic as if I say what I really think, I will get banned. Cheers.
Police are under the state. In recent days most of the security men deaths in J&K have been police - at least that is what it seems like from individual news items in the papers that do not get posted on BRF while we celebrate drone deaths in Shitland as tremendous victories on our side. So yeah you entitled to your patriotic views but every state gets to choose what it allows its policemen to wear.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Brando wrote: Hell, even the Romans 2500 years ago saw bearded soldiers as "barbarians" and "savages" and those days they didn't even have razors! There is a reason soldiers are asked to shave and have close cropped hair because it is less distracting, cleaner, low maintenance and doesn't give your enemy a nice grip on your head while he slits your throat! :roll:
Brando - you have made a post ripe for piskoanalysis about who and what have shaped your view of the world. "Even the Romans" eh? The ancestors of today's Italians.
sum
BRF Oldie

Post by sum »

From Livefist:

Am assuming these are not MARCOS but elements of Sagar Prahari Bal ( if certain blogs are to go by)?
AdityaM
BRF Oldie

Post by AdityaM »

the big bearded guy may be hiding a sparrow in his hair
Indranil
Forum Moderator

Post by Indranil »

My last post on this.

Drando sahab, either we make it a law that immaterial of your religion you have to be clean shaven with well trimmed hair. In that case I would say "this is our law". If you don't want to adhere, then don't join. Otherwise, if you give latitude to any faith, you have to give equal latitude to the other faith.

Tejas sahab, you are entitled to your thoughts. For me, it is sad to know.
JE Menon
Forum Moderator

Post by JE Menon »

And the clean-shaven guy may be hiding a stick of dynamite up his butt...

Note SSridhar's comment above and abide. Only pictures here on this thread.
AbhiJ
BRFite

Post by AbhiJ »

Kargil War Memorial

Source: Team-BHP

Indian Army BENIS?
siddharth
BRFite -Trainee

Post by siddharth »

Whats the loudspeakers under the belly of the chopper for?
Bob V
BRFite

Post by Bob V »

those are loud hailers. Mostly used for crowd control or for passing on instructions during emergencies.

Amitabh
BRFite

Post by Amitabh »

vdutta wrote:Wow. i have never seen anything like this before in India.

A Jammu and Kashmir Police commando stands at attention during a passing out parade at Lethpora, some 30 kilometers (19 miles) south of Srinagar, India, Friday, July 20, 2012. Authorities said that 937 Kashmiri men were formally inducted into the police force after nine months of rigorous training.
As I look at this picture, every ounce of my ingrained Hindu belief (mostly about preserving hierarchy) screams out the following: Why is a cop wearing a red beret?!

Are SF folks are cool with JKP wearing red berets or there a subtle shade distinction that escapes me?
Kakarat
BRF Oldie

Post by Kakarat »

MARCOS
Last edited by Kakarat on 24 Jul 2012 19:06, edited 1 time in total.
siddharth
BRFite -Trainee

Post by siddharth »

Bob V wrote:those are loud hailers. Mostly used for crowd control or for passing on instructions during emergencies.

Its amazing how loud and clear the voice is.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

siddharth wrote: Its amazing how loud and clear the voice is.
Yeah - but the recording mike has little ambient noise in its pick up area.
Dmurphy
BRFite

Post by Dmurphy »

Amitabh wrote:
vdutta wrote:Wow. i have never seen anything like this before in India.

As I look at this picture, every ounce of my ingrained Hindu belief (mostly about preserving hierarchy) screams out the following: Why is a cop wearing a red beret?!

Are SF folks are cool with JKP wearing red berets or there a subtle shade distinction that escapes me?
I'm tempted to ask why you have to be a hindu to ask that question, but I won't. :-?

IIRC, Maharashtra's Force One was drawn from the State Reserve Police Force and they still wear Maroon Berets.

Amitabh
BRFite

Post by Amitabh »

Dmurphy wrote: I'm tempted to ask why you have to be a hindu to ask that question, but I won't. :-?

IIRC, Maharashtra's Force One was drawn from the State Reserve Police Force and they still wear Maroon Berets.
Ah - but you did :) Just an attempt at irony (given previous comments) in a medium (the Internet) that is not really conducive to it.
Hiten
BRFite

Post by Hiten »

the Navy's Sukanya-class Patrol Vessel, INS Savitri

https://t.co/2IGAiwbf
hnair
Forum Moderator

Post by hnair »

JEM-saar and SS-saar said "shh...!!". still...... I love that massive beard's impact on all. Imagine the khujli for the greenest of the khakis among pakis.

Scene at some paki military mess with a large blast hole patched with tarp :oops: :

SSG1: aahh.... sorry, am late. Shampooing my beard. check it out.... <strokes his hedge-grow dyed the color of post-tandoori diarrhea>
SSG2; <long pause> yeah. ok
SSG1: awkward.... whassup?
SSG2; Time to hit daru-herb. really hard.
SSG1: mmmm...okaa...y
SSG2: <slides photos of JK bolis across the smuggled godrej steel table>
SSG1: Great hairy pair of Ghazni! This is.... wrong
SSG2: beardzilla. It is official "yindoos got the most pious on their side".
member_22539
BRF Oldie

Post by member_22539 »

^+1 :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
SagarAg
BRFite

Post by SagarAg »

Bob V wrote:Image
This pikture is too 8) 8). Him alone with his sniper in the vast land seems like a secret mission behind enemy lines. :twisted:
srai
BRF Oldie

Post by srai »

Karan M wrote:Hiten,

Basically, Jaeger got it right.

That bomb is a Matra BGL-1000 LGB. We imported those for the Mirage 2000 to be used with the day only Atlis-2 Laser Designator pod.

http://www.acig.org/artman/uploads/os_vaj1_001.jpg

Presumably the IAF has made these compatible with its advanced Litenings which are now the standard pod used across the IAF fleet.
I would think the shelf-life of Matra BGL-1000 LGBs would have expired by now. They would be 15 to 20 years old by now.
VishalJ
BRFite

Post by VishalJ »

Kiev, Ukraine - June & July 2012

Image Image Image Image Image Image

How long does it take to overhaul an An32?
K2692 - December 2011 ::::::::::::::: July 2012
Image Image

Lost? :D

The first one is the best photo, Returning Home, checkout the VayuSainik's khareedi 8)

Image Image Image

Image Image [url=hhttp://russianplanes.net/id68265]Image[/url]
Hiten
BRFite

Post by Hiten »

the updated pics
Kilo-Class submarine INS Sindhuvijay in Russia

via http://www.aame.in/2012/03/indian-navy- ... e-ins.html
AdityaM
BRF Oldie

Post by AdityaM »

The tower is pretty big in proportion to the tube.
What is the function of the tower - Is it a housing for machinery or does it also serve as a manning station inside.
Since all subs have this, obviously its role is very much required, but cant it be eliminated for a sleeker design and instead make the sub longer to accommodate the machinery and command center?