India Border Watch: Security and Operations

All threads that are locked or marked for deletion will be moved to this forum. The topics will be cleared from this archive on the 1st and 16th of each month.
Khalsa
BRFite

Re: India Border Watch: Security and Operations

Post by Khalsa »

Kashi wrote:
Khalsa wrote:
Uniformed Jihadis ?
Sorry Karthik I know you are trying to create a distinction but my father wore a uniform.
Someone's husband wore a uniform
Someone's son wore a uniform.

A Terrorist/ Jihadist never wore a uniform.
I believe Karthik S was solely referring to Pak army, who are no different from terrorists/jihadist, except that they wear a uniform. The lines are blurred to that extent.
ah bugger.... for asecond I suspected that he maybe is trying to make some sort of distinction in their group.
Karthik... I retract my comments but will leave them in place now for you to follow the thread.

Thanks Kashi.
Pathik
BRFite

Post by Pathik »

Question for border watchers - if Pakistan keeps denying its soldiers deaths and India's aggression at the borders, how does it hide their funerals and news at local level? Isn't this in plain sight of the media?
Sid
BRFite

Post by Sid »

Pathik wrote:Question for border watchers - if Pakistan keeps denying its soldiers deaths and India's aggression at the borders, how does it hide their funerals and news at local level? Isn't this in plain sight of the media?
Burden of evidence is not ours. This was the same old argument they gave during Kargil, "where are the funerals??". Well answer to that question is "we don't care"!!

But these denials have extreme demoralizing effect on troops posted in such forward posts, knowing that their effort won't even get recognized in an event of failure or humiliating defeat.
Pathik
BRFite

Post by Pathik »

Sid wrote:
Pathik wrote:Question for border watchers - if Pakistan keeps denying its soldiers deaths and India's aggression at the borders, how does it hide their funerals and news at local level? Isn't this in plain sight of the media?
Burden of evidence is not ours. This was the same old argument they gave during Kargil, "where are the funerals??". Well answer to that question is "we don't care"!!

But these denials have extreme demoralizing effect on troops posted in such forward posts, knowing that their effort won't even get recognized in an event of failure or humiliating defeat.
Evidence not for us, except AAPtards most Indians trust our armed forces. How do they keep fooling the bakistani public and media when they directly deny such claims or the media simply doesnt care looks like, under the shadow of the isi
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

If you think about it - there is hardly a chirp from Pakistan about what is happening at the border. That could mean that India is bluffing and nothing is happening. This is an interesting window into how history is written and perceived. Pakistan says they won the 1965 war and their own history books record a set of lies about that war. They also believe that Kargil was by and large a big success. For them. We can believe anything we want - but as long as the Pakistani army are learning a lesson - what anyone believes is irrelevant.

Pakistanis have been masters at recording fake histories. Soon after the 1965 war the commissioned lifafa master John Fricker to write a laudatory book praising the PAF. Worse still - because the US was on Pakistan's side in 1971 - almost anywhere you look on the internet and search for genocides in history - Bangladesh does not feature.
Khalsa
BRFite

Post by Khalsa »

Pakistan is a lot tribal and really backward.
events like this can be supressed and ignored successfully.

Remember Kargil, see how they supressed is beautifully and turned the acknowledged casualties into a awkward TV show where they were meant to celebrate the success of their soldiers defending their homeland against Indian Aggression.
They are well suited and trained to living in la la land.

Last not least... press is not free in Pakistan.They have a leash and they listen to their masters.
They better, Desh Ko Khatra hai !!
Bhurishravas
BRFite

Post by Bhurishravas »

Most cannon fodder are from rural hinterland. Most journalists would be living in cities.
If someone is too zealous to go around covering the funerals, he might end up getting a call from ISI.

Bharati media dont show every funeral either. Only the ones which can be good news.
Aditya G
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya G »

For Pakistan Army, accepting the truth will mean accepting defeat. So as long as you don't accept defeat you are victorious.

This is irrational but if you know how minds work in South Asia you can see merit in it.

Till date there is no definitive account from pak media about their kargil goof up. This is because the knowledgeable ones know the truth but simply don't accept it or say it.

We should exploit this as we can then get away with anything on the border. What if you blow up a post from the air? If India doesn't say a word Pakistan will keep quite as well. Just 2002 when our mirages took out paki posts using lgbs
Akshay Kapoor
Forum Moderator

Post by Akshay Kapoor »

Khalsa , what arm/service is your dad from ?
dipak
BRFite

Post by dipak »

If Pakistan is not in a position to accept the punitive actions and the resulting damage it suffers, it poses difficult situation for India as far as public opinion (India, Pak and world at large) is concerned.

However, it also gives us an opportunity - capture territory. Since, they are in the mode of denial - if they deny, they loose their territory and if accept, they have loss of face and compulsion to retaliate for the increased Pak public opinion.

Let us see for how long they keep denying the whipping they are getting. In my opinion, they would keep denying the damage and casualties, but they would have to accept the loss of territory, like few posts.
kapilrdave
BRFite

Post by kapilrdave »

Judge for yourself if Garuthma and fighter planes would be a good choice for it...
Several Paki Army Posts reduced to the rubble in last year Fire Assault by Indian Army (Hammerhead's Video)
Akshay Kapoor
Forum Moderator

Post by Akshay Kapoor »

It's good if they don't accept that they are hit. We can hit them with complete impunity and stem the flow of jihadis, hurt their army and logistic and dampen morale. In Any fighting force even a jihadi army news of significant losses will get out and by denying it will drive wedge between Juinior officers and troops one side and generals on the other.

It's great if they don't accept. Absolutely fantastic. Try air power too.
Bheeshma
BRFite

Post by Bheeshma »

I did not mean Garuthma for some border out-post but paki army HQ and centers 20-30 Km inside PoK. These posts can be taken out by 105 mm and Carl gustav's.
kapilrdave
BRFite

Post by kapilrdave »

Probably what deters porkies from accepting the attacks is the overwhelming receptiom NaMo is getting around the world. He's touring the world extensively and winning deals. On the other hand nawaz is getting snubbed right left and center. In this situation even if they accept the attack no one is likely to side them. That means even more loss of face in front of local Abdul's. This is a very unenviable situation. They must be kicking themselves for doing recent misadventures against IA.
ArjunPandit
BRF Oldie

Post by ArjunPandit »

They must be missing Mannu and Maino company badly and those days when they could fire and enjoy watching IA wait for orders from delhi most of the times and here they must be wondering at the crackling of leaves in night if it is wind, it is some stray animal or is IA that has come to exact revenge
jamwal
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by jamwal »

Bheeshma wrote:I did not mean Garuthma for some border out-post but paki army HQ and centers 20-30 Km inside PoK. These posts can be taken out by 105 mm and Carl gustav's.
CGs and 105mms for 20-30 km targets ?? :rotfl:
rkhanna
BRFite

Post by rkhanna »

>>Bheeshma wrote:
I did not mean Garuthma for some border out-post but paki army HQ and centers 20-30 Km inside PoK. These posts can be taken out by 105 mm and Carl gustav's.

CGs and 105mms for 20-30 km targets ?? <<<

I think Bheeshma means the 105s/CG are enough for the Outposts along the IB/LOC.
DrRatnadip
BRFite

Post by DrRatnadip »

http://m.timesofindia.com/india/jk-terr ... 972774.cms

NEW DELHI: At least six soldiers were injured after terrorists attacked an Army convoy on the outskirts of Srinagar city on Saturday morning.
"The terrorists attacked an Army convoy near south Kashmir's Qazigund town (in Anantnag district) when it was passing lower munda area along national highway," a senior Army official said, adding,"Six jawans have been injured and condition of one of the soldier is said to be critical"
jamwal
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by jamwal »

rkhanna wrote:>>Bheeshma wrote:

CGs and 105mms for 20-30 km targets ?? <<<

I think Bheeshma means the 105s/CG are enough for the Outposts along the IB/LOC.
Yes, you're right. I read it incorrectly/
krishna_krishna
BRFite

Post by krishna_krishna »

Porkis reporting 5 IA martyred and one bunker destroyed on LC, no co!!ents in our press

Separately two jawans martyred and four ingured by Yahoo's in J k. Sad day. I hope this time we target higher ups they would not understand till pork afsars are harmed
Avik
BRFite

Post by Avik »

Sid
BRFite

Post by Sid »

IA is a professional force, unlike porkies who their skin in country's politics.

I will believe in the what our side will say, then in people who have been lying for past 50 yrs to cover their losses.
krishna_krishna
BRFite

Post by krishna_krishna »

They have released a video too. I don't believe porkis a bit but they have capability and we must teach them a lesson ( I am sure IA will) if this incident is true.
ranjan.rao
BRFite

Post by ranjan.rao »

ia should accept this (even if untrue) and use this as an excuse to light up their posts...Liberal-e-media would have lesser excuse to cry for aman Ka tamasha in that case
Karthik S
BRF Oldie

Post by Karthik S »

No need to accept, we can light up regardless.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

Indian Army is not like the TSPA propaganda force, which won't accept casualties. They own them and then give it back to TSPA.

Akshay has a point. If TSPA is in denial, we should use the excuse to hammer them 100x.
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

Chinese helicopter violates Indian air space in Uttarakhand - The Hindu
A Chinese helicopter has violated Indian air space in Barahoti area of Chamoli district along the India-China border in Uttrakhand on Sunday. Indian Air Force (IAF) has launched a probe to ascertain the details.

“One chopper was sighted hovering over Barahoti area violating Indian airspace at 9.15 AM. It remained inside the Indian airspace for nearly four minutes,” Chamoli Superintendent of Police Tripti Bhatt told news agency PTI.

According to PTI, the SP added that there have been similar incidents in the past and it has to be ascertained the latest incident was “a deliberate act of recce or an unintentional deviation.”

IAF officials when contacted said that the incident has been taken note of and the “matter is being investigated.”
anupmisra
BRF Oldie

Post by anupmisra »

SSridhar wrote:Chinese helicopter violates Indian air space in Uttarakhand - The Hindu
“One chopper was sighted hovering over Barahoti area violating Indian airspace at 9.15 AM. It remained inside the Indian airspace for nearly four minutes
Probably to test the border management, standard operating procedures and response time.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

anupmisra wrote:
Probably to test the border management, standard operating procedures and response time.
Related video about the Barahoti area
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_BK5BhemOo
Akshay Kapoor
Forum Moderator

Post by Akshay Kapoor »

In spirit of Pakis denying casualties and especially since they cannot be seen to be hit more after the battering in Edgebaston at the hands of Yuvvi/Virat et all I propose an air attack on an ammo depot, POL depot and Bde HQ. Good time to test the theory that they wont make too much of a noise and even if they do in the aftermath of London they wont get much sympathy.
Kashi
BRF Oldie

Post by Kashi »

Pakistanis appear to blowing hot air as usual.

If it's about releasing videos then there's this one doing the rounds.

Noor Alam‏ @Nexoft000
RT! No Indian Jawan martyred on 3rd June. But 1 Paki Sepoy Waris H. Shah was killed dat day & silently buried. Liar ISPR is silent on it.

https://twitter.com/Nexoft000/status/87 ... 8776317953

This apparently is the full video.

https://vimeo.com/220213422

To hide their casualties, Pak army is burying them at night. Pak army uniform and flags can be seen.

So instead of killing 5, Pakis actually had one documented casualty on June 3rd. Wonder how many more they managed to hide away.
ArjunPandit
BRF Oldie

Post by ArjunPandit »

Karthik S wrote:No need to accept, we can light up regardless.
Yes of course, but it shuts the mouths of Liberal e media including bbc to accuse us of war mongering. Of course we can always say pre-emptive to prevent terror attacks.
Kashi
BRF Oldie

Post by Kashi »

ArjunPandit wrote:Yes of course, but it shuts the mouths of Liberal e media including bbc to accuse us of war mongering.
No it doesn't. If you think it will, then I've got a bridge to sell you in Arunachal Pradesh.
Pathik
BRFite

Post by Pathik »

In the wake of the London attack the time is right to avenge for a few misadventures of the past. Carry out few sorties, by AF and IA separately and in tandem may be two or three over a month until they get to a point of accepting the casualties. At the same time maintain pressure on Karachi with 'accidental' torpedo hitting some anchor point. India has nothing to loose
SriKumar
BRF Oldie

Post by SriKumar »

Kashi wrote:To hide their casualties, Pak army is burying them at night. Pak army uniform and flags can be seen.
I'd heard this ages ago when Saddam Hussain wanted to 'hide' the massive losses in his war against Iran which had then used chemical weapons; in order to reduce the reaction from the soldiers' families, he would have the dead soldiers temporarily kept in freezers and handed them over time to families a few at a time. So, any bulk losses were 'spread out over time'. No proof...just what I heard.
Kashi
BRF Oldie

Post by Kashi »

SriKumar wrote:I'd heard this ages ago when Saddam Hussain wanted to 'hide' the massive losses in his war against Iran which had then used chemical weapons; in order to reduce the reaction from the soldiers' families, he would have the dead soldiers temporarily kept in freezers and handed them over time to families a few at a time. So, any bulk losses were 'spread out over time'. No proof...just what I heard.
Wasn't it the other way round?
manjgu
BRF Oldie

Post by manjgu »

as per TOI ..... NaPaki DGMO calling Indian DGMO...bhai bhahut ho gaya..itni g...d mat maro !!!!
Karthik S
BRF Oldie

Post by Karthik S »

Kashi wrote:
SriKumar wrote:I'd heard this ages ago when Saddam Hussain wanted to 'hide' the massive losses in his war against Iran which had then used chemical weapons; in order to reduce the reaction from the soldiers' families, he would have the dead soldiers temporarily kept in freezers and handed them over time to families a few at a time. So, any bulk losses were 'spread out over time'. No proof...just what I heard.
Wasn't it the other way round?
Indeed, SH bombed his own kurdish area using chemical weapons, one of his cousins or half-brother was called chemical ali.
Khalsa
BRFite

Post by Khalsa »

Akshay Kapoor wrote:Khalsa , what arm/service is your dad from ?
EME
vasu raya
BRFite

Post by vasu raya »

CRPF shows 'Eye Ball' to defuse tension in Valley
In the wake of lethal attacks in Jammu and Kashmir and the Naxal threat against the paramilitary forces, the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) is procuring high-end gadgets that will help the force to diffuse the crisis situation tactfully. The force is obtaining drones as well as 'Eye Ball or Video Surveillance Ball' to track and neutralise the threats.

The force is procuring six high-end 'Eye Balls' for counter-terror measures in the crisis situation. The agency said that the video surveillance ball is a ball with 360-degree cameras that can be thrown into a building or tunnel, or potentially dangerous areas, and can be monitored remotely by the security agencies with receivers that have a display screen made with thin-film transistor technology.