BR Forum Feedback

The Military Issues & History Forum is a venue to discuss issues relating to the military aspects of the Indian Armed Forces, whether the past, present or future. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Theo_Fidel

Re: BR Forum Feedback

Post by Theo_Fidel »

Suraj wrote:The 2014 GE is long since over. Perhaps it's time to restrict discussions on politics. There's too many threads and too much noise. Those threads have far too much negative energy about them. Every word and picture is over analyzed to much grief. People call each other names. The amount of political interest is no doubt impressive, but perhaps there are other avenues to express it productively.
I would settle for a end to the relentless bad language, even if personal attacks don't end.

It is more than annoying to wake up Sunday Morning and read filthy language sprayed across posts with nary a second thought.

I wish there were a list of board frowned upon usages.

My first one is saying 'Thoo' after everything. Another one is 'moron'. Coming from TN this is gutter level language, don't know about other places. Something you would never expose your kids too.

My own test is if I will be happy if my kids read my post. There is not a single post I have made that I would not be happy to show my kids. Even the heated moments.....
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

Moron: Moron is a term once used in psychology to denote mild intellectual disability. It is the Americans who made this term an insult, not Hindus. For Hindus it still denotes murkhatva!

Language & words represent human thoughts and expressions. Whether a word is gutter/offensive depends upon many aspects & these things cannot be applied selectively. We shouldn't have a BRF caste system where some people decide what is erudite and what is gutter language.

For me any English word/expression used to describe Bharat, it's history & society is inherently derogatory and only Samskrutam words must be used to describe Bharatiya historical and social aspects. But I respect other's choice of words and read/respond to them.
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

RamaY: STOP. No one needs a 3-paragraph long expostulation on whether or not 'moron' is a cussword. The irony may not strike you, but the you vs Theo fights are one of the several I alluded to in the original post. Please, move along.

You're in no position to provide such moralizing advice; for someone who wrote in sincere detail promising good behavior in return for being allowed back from your permaban, you have not kept your word.
Theo_Fidel

Post by Theo_Fidel »

BTW there is no RamaY vs Theo fight at least from my end, just in case it gives the wrong impression. I have never called RamaY anything AFAIK. Just to be clear...
M Joshi
BRFite

Post by M Joshi »

Dear Admins,

I usually login using chrome on my android, but for a few days when I login the redirecting page will take me back to home page without being logged in. Same thing happened in Safari as well. Right now I'm using Chrome in Windows in some other laptop.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

clear your cookies and temp files/sessions.
archan
Forum Moderator

Post by archan »

SaiK wrote:clear your cookies and temp files/sessions.
He has already used two browsers and possibly two phones (Chrome on Android and Safari on iOS).
Chandragupta
BRF Oldie

Re: Sunni Terrorist Fragments of Unstable Pakistan - 12 Dec

Post by Chandragupta »

nirav wrote:
Chandragupta wrote: Bhai nirav, why are you still loitering around this thread if it doesn't suit your sensibilities? Why are you doing this bollywood song & dance sequence complete with candles to make us emossssional?

The Bakis have driven me to a point where my tears have dried up, I find it hard to feel sad or emotional at our own people getting killed. Only anger & a resolve that we will somehow avenge this someday with 1000x interest. And you ask me to dig into myself & find some emotion for Bakis killing Bakis? No sir, No can do. You should give this thread a miss if it makes you throw up.
Bhai, I didnt ask ask you specifically to light a candle,cry a river or do any pissful thing !

you want to cheer 140 dead kids, bajao taali, dance maybe, distribute sweets .. ? fine by me .. go right ahead !
But if I see it on BR, and say that its not right, disgusting even, why does it disturb you so much ?

You've had your say, I've had mine.

And im getting sick of folks asking me to give this thread/forum a miss .. I believe on a forum, members express their views .. whats with shouting out people whos views do not match yours ?

from when did BR become a pak abuse/bashing forum onlee ?
If you have comprehension problems with English, please tell me which Indic language would work best with you & I'll put it down in that. If you're english is alright, please do quote the post where I did, in your words, "bajao taali, dance maybe, distribute sweets " or else, please stop putting your foot in your mouth.

PS - I never asked you to give this forum a miss, only this thread. Now you're acting like Burkha Dutt, claiming victimhood where none exists.
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

nirav wrote: ...
from when did BR become a pak abuse/bashing forum onlee ?
huh?
how about since Direct Action Day in 1946?
How about since March 25, 1971?
How about since Nov 26, 2008?

Unbelievable.
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

Nirav,

No one is cheering 140 dead kids. What I am seeing is mostly indifference to the fact that those kids died. Where there is no indifference is the background of the killing. The dead kids are just a statistic in the larger context.

It is the context that you seem to be missing nearly entirely.
nirav
BRF Oldie

Post by nirav »

Chandragupta wrote:
If you have comprehension problems with English, please tell me which Indic language would work best with you & I'll put it down in that. If you're english is alright, please do quote the post where I did, in your words, "bajao taali, dance maybe, distribute sweets " or else, please stop putting your foot in your mouth.

PS - I never asked you to give this forum a miss, only this thread. Now you're acting like Burkha Dutt, claiming victimhood where none exists.
Oh ye master of ingliss, all i've done is express my opinion on the gloating. you are welcome to disagree. At no point in time did I ask you to stop posting or cry/express solidarity or whatever.

I wonder why your getting riled up so much with me posting here ?
KLNMurthy wrote:huh?
how about since Direct Action Day in 1946?
How about since March 25, 1971?
How about since Nov 26, 2008?

Unbelievable.
Bharat Rakshak
Consortium of Indian Defence Websites

This is what the heading of the website says. Military matters not equal to thought process taliban.
You have your thought process/beliefs and are free to air them.

Do refrain from attacking outright someone whos thoughts do not match yours.
Pratyush wrote:Nirav,

No one is cheering 140 dead kids. What I am seeing is mostly indifference to the fact that those kids died. Where there is no indifference is the background of the killing. The dead kids are just a statistic in the larger context.

It is the context that you seem to be missing nearly entirely.
Pratyush,

there are many posts with a scorecard,wanting more, calling them zygotes, them deserving to die because they will hate India anyway when they grow up and so much more.

I simply pointed out that its in very bad taste. We can do better !
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

Even the score card is just a form of indifference, laced with contempt.
nirav
BRF Oldie

Post by nirav »

Pratyush wrote:Even the score card is just a form of indifference, laced with contempt.
Yeah. I however think its alarming. To say that kids of PAjis "deserve to die" ..

anyway, no point having a full fledged jingo battle.

I ought to get back to lurking. :oops:
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

Nirav,

Choose your enemies well, for it is they who you will become. In that I am with you.

But we did not chose this enmity, we did not go into some ones home and try to take over it. So I don't care if some Paki kid dies as a result of the policies of the TSP.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Mort what's going on?
Email me at ramana_56 at yahoo.com
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

seems to be some problem using chrome on BRF.

some others were also reporting problems earlier. I can't even log in using chrome

Firefox seems OK.
archan
Forum Moderator

Post by archan »

Not everything needs to be expressed. Not on BRF.
arunsrinivasan
BRFite

Post by arunsrinivasan »

Mods,
my unread posts pointer position seems to be always stuck & doesnt get updated even after I read the posts. I find that only in the Military forum, & not in the Gen Disc forum. This has been the case for the last week or so.
member_28108
BRFite

Post by member_28108 »

Any particular reason for the outage- I saw an error message(too many threads) repeatedly for over 12 hours ?
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

Is "Which Paki "terrorist" groups would be useful for India?" really a thread worth of this forum?
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

RamaY wrote:Is "Which Paki "terrorist" groups would be useful for India?" really a thread worth of this forum?
Good question. Answers would be interesting unless there are some groups under Indian control. Then it is obvious to those who are pulling the strings of the useful groups. I hope there are some sUtradhArIs on our (Indian) side.
Virendra
BRFite

Post by Virendra »

Extended outage yesterday? Site wasn't acessible.
member_22733
BRF Oldie

Post by member_22733 »

Hmm. I wish I knew Vishnu was a member here. I knew someone had to be. Who else? Just so that I have a "do not respond to that post" list. :mrgreen:
vish_mulay
BRFite

Post by vish_mulay »

is forum site hacked? i am getting lots of malware (targetingadvertizer) when accessing forum. initially thought it was my pc but my work pc tablet and laptop is getting same malware warning and phising sites when accessing BRF.
archan
Forum Moderator

Post by archan »

Is anyone else also having such issues?
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

Not me (yet?).
vish_mulay
BRFite

Post by vish_mulay »

I think it was my pc. Strange all of my pcs got it simultaneously. I use chrome on my home pc and Firefox on work pc. Both had identical malware warning when accessing BRF.
vish_mulay
BRFite

Post by vish_mulay »

forgot to add, the malware were only coming while accessing BRF and not any other site. Even accessing BR main page it was detecting malware. Further digging revealed this perticular malware had installed 2 unauthorized add-ons on my firefox browser. Hope it is just my computers and not bot in the forum site.
arshyam
BRF Oldie

Post by arshyam »

Using Firefox, and haven't seen any issues so far. No warning on IE either.
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

three years ago I camped out in a hospital in massa for a couple of weeks waiting for my mom to be operated up on. BRF was blocked saying with a message from filter that was installed by the hospital which said "we block all military sites".
Saral
BRFite

Post by Saral »

My 2 naya paisa.

The existence of a closed forum is to stretch boundaries. Express stuff that you wouldn't otherwise. This may have the side-effect of antagonizing some but I'd say this is a worthwhile trade-off.

Requests to mass-delete probably means that the content may have impact on "real life" on non-BR people. If requester explains reason for request by email to mods and they are satisfied, soo-sai is ok.

My take: Life is finite and freedom of expression is one of the few things that make life meaningful.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

vish, if you don't mind may we know which malaware s/w are you using?
vish_mulay
BRFite

Post by vish_mulay »

i have 2 s/w packages. I have AVG freeware and bitdefender total security ( paid 12 AUD on ebay for 1 computers for a year). has worked well for me so far. AVG runs scans every day while bitdefender is schedule for weekly scan. Cheers!
member_22733
BRF Oldie

Post by member_22733 »

I am getting captcha challenge when I log in from PC. It fails after that. Unable to login :(
member_22733
BRF Oldie

Post by member_22733 »

This is typed from my phone which logs in automatically
member_22733
BRF Oldie

Post by member_22733 »

Able to log in now.
shravanp
BRF Oldie

Post by shravanp »

Is there a way to change screen id? I joined with 'skekatpuray', but it sucks as I thought that would only be my login-id, and screen name would be more friendly.
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

Provide a human sounding name of your choice then.
kenop
BRFite

Post by kenop »

"Indian IT Industry" is awaiting reincarnation.
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

kenop, go ahead and start one.