BR Forum Feedback

The Military Issues & History Forum is a venue to discuss issues relating to the military aspects of the Indian Armed Forces, whether the past, present or future. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
abhik
BRF Oldie

Re: BR Forum Feedback

Post by abhik »

Hi Admins/Webmasters,
I noticed that embedded youtube links do not seem to load up (or is it just me?) while accessing BRF using HTTPS, looks like the plugin tries to load the content using HTTP (as opposed to HTTPS) and gets blocked by the browser.
vishvak
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by vishvak »

Probably due to blocked Javascript loading. Depending upon browser, there may be a list - probably in options menu or such - of website allowed to load Javascript, default action being all websites blocked to load javascript.
K Mehta
BRFite

Post by K Mehta »

Is there a thread on MoD, south block babudom and defence minister news and discussion?

Also I request someone to create (and fill up with news and stories) a thread on INS Viraat: end of an era.

@shiv I had suggested sometime back that it should be islamomisia.
vinod
BRFite

Post by vinod »

Every night at around UK time 21:00hrs BRF is inaccessible: It says too many connections to the database.

It looks like a spider opening up too many connections and downloading the whole forum!
member_29172
BRFite

Post by member_29172 »

vinod wrote:Every night at around UK time 21:00hrs BRF is inaccessible: It says too many connections to the database.

It looks like a spider opening up too many connections and downloading the whole forum!
Happens at 4:00 pm Canada time, around 1:30 am IST. Shows general error, too many connections. I assume it's for maintainance
shravanp
BRF Oldie

Post by shravanp »

Mods:

Can my login(as well as screen name) be changed and shortened from skekatpuray to 'skek' ?
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

vinod wrote:Every night at around UK time 21:00hrs BRF is inaccessible: It says too many connections to the database.

Nightly backup.
skekatpuray wrote:Mods:

Can my login(as well as screen name) be changed and shortened from skekatpuray to 'skek' ?
Not human sounding enough. Please suggest another.
shravanp
BRF Oldie

Post by shravanp »

Suraj wrote:
skekatpuray wrote:Mods:

Not human sounding enough. Please suggest another.

I request 'seawolf'. If it's ok, and acceptable, would I receive a notification as and when the change is done?
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

Please read the forum guidelines. Callsigns like seawolf are not permitted.
shravanp
BRF Oldie

Post by shravanp »

Ok. Shravan?
archan
Forum Moderator

Post by archan »

ShravanP wrote:Ok. Shravan?
Already taken. I've made you ShravanP untill you can go pin the original Shravan down and snatch his handle.
shravanp
BRF Oldie

Post by shravanp »

No saar, no hinsa with fellow brfites :). ShravanP is fine. Thanx. Much appreciated.
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

Hi:
Is it possible for someone (in the know) to share- by listing step by step instructions on "how to copy and paste and post images
Thanxs in advance :)
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

Hi:
Is it possible for someone (in the know) to share- by listing step by step instructions on "how to copy and paste and post images
member_29172
BRFite

Post by member_29172 »

Falijee wrote:Hi:
Copy and paste as in from a website? if yes, then follow these steps:

1. First right click on the image on the website and copy image url/address. For example I went to wikipedia's SU-30 MKI page and here's the image address : https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... ped%29.jpg

2. Then come to brf, click on full editor in your comment box.

3. Click the "Img" tab {you'll see this : Image }

4. Put the image address link between the two brackets : Image

5. There's your image displayed in full glory :)

Generally people host the image on an image hosting site because websites die off or the image is updated and can't be accessed anymore. By linking it to a image host, the image is stored there and isn't deleted unless you explicitly do so.
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

I have lost images uploaded to imagehosting sites as well. best place to upload pix is blogspot IMHO.
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

Alka_P jee:
Thanks for your input
KJo
BRF Oldie

Post by KJo »

youtube does not show up.
Seeing this in firefox.
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

update flash.
KJo
BRF Oldie

Post by KJo »

Rahul M wrote:update flash.
I have Flash 20.0.0.286 which is the latest (Jan 26, 2016)
It does not work in Chrome either.

Example, I cannot see the youtube in Singha's post. The only way to know it is there is by doing a Reply and seeing the code.

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=6843&start=3960#p1977199
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

DCH is spilling his guts and forum members do not even want to poot his confessions in the thread.
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

The problem with youtube not showing, is not a flash version issue. It's a browser artifact of not showing unsecure content. For example:
Mozilla Firefox: Check the section on unblocking unsecure content.
Internet Explorer
For any other browser of your choice, look up the corresponding information to unblock unsecure content selectively.

This is not advice, of course. Any other security consequences to your system from doing this is your own issue. I take no liability whatsoever.
shravanp
BRF Oldie

Post by shravanp »

Mods:
Are private discussion dhaagas being accessed by bots? I am seeing one: