BR Forum Feedback

The Military Issues & History Forum is a venue to discuss issues relating to the military aspects of the Indian Armed Forces, whether the past, present or future. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Re: BR Forum Feedback

Postby Mort Walker » 08 Jul 2018 05:32

ArjunPandit wrote:^^wonder if there is some event and they can resist the BRF temptation...ghar wapsi campaign needed :P

Unlikely. BRF was created over 20 years ago due to the dearth of information regarding the Indian military. Today there's a lot more information out there and people are better connected.

Rakesh
Forum Moderator

Postby Rakesh » 09 Jul 2018 23:59

The moderators will reply to your queries soon. Thank you for your patience.

Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Postby Rahul M » 11 Jul 2018 19:17

AP, I can't really add much to this topic without wading into controversy or divulging personal details.

suffice to say, BRF is always open for anyone who wants to come back (barring banned trolls) and there have been *many* ghar wapsis over the years, some initiated by the mods/staff; some by the members themselves. thing is, sometimes people do drift away, interests change and so on with commitments in real life.
one thing is certain though, we are all well wishers of India & Indians (esp. the services) and this corner of the interwebs will remain a haunt for such like minded people.

I will say this though, I have being reading BRF for 18 years, been a member here for 13 years, been a mod for 10; the quality of discourse in BRF's mil threads nowadays (which IMHO is our heart & soul) is one of the best ever. that, along with Suraj's econ threads give BRF a quality rarely matched in any online discourse on Indian interests.

souravB
BRFite

Postby souravB » 31 Jul 2018 23:37

Mods can we have a thread where each week or biweekly Members can vote on their opinion for a different topic without the fear of being judged or attracting any controversy. We will be able to get a feel of the pulse of Resident as well as non residents and can also have some statistics for our convenience. I am willing to create and maintain it.

Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Postby Mort Walker » 14 Aug 2018 10:40

I haven't seen NRao post for some time now. I hope all is well with him and his family.

ArjunPandit
BRFite

Postby ArjunPandit » 22 Aug 2018 11:10

Mod's is there any way of downloading some of the threads completely, say algorithmically to word etc? I am looking to download the Tejas forums history

ArjunPandit
BRFite

Postby ArjunPandit » 22 Aug 2018 11:12

Mort Walker wrote:I haven't seen NRao post for some time now. I hope all is well with him and his family.

Same with brar_w.
Really miss his long and informed posts. Always reminded how little we know :lol:

RoyG
BRF Oldie

Postby RoyG » 26 Aug 2018 00:21

Mods:

Please deactivate my account. It was a pleasure being part of BRF. I may return someday. Wish everyone the best. Thank you.

Haridas
BRFite

Postby Haridas » 27 Aug 2018 03:46

arshyam wrote:^^ Agreed. I felt bad when shiv saar also left. Add rohitvats, Akshay Kapoor, deejay (maybe lurking?), hnair, vina. RB saar too seems invisible of late. I am sure I have missed a few more people.

&
ArjunPandit wrote:
Mort Walker wrote:Has brar_w left the forum? I haven't seen a post from him in some time.

Would be sad if true rv, shiv and brar all legends we've lost in one year

Woh having hounded many stalwarts out of BRF to help implode BRF, shiv has quit himself when mirror shown to him :rotfl:

Pitiful to see the fizzle of BR Missile section & space. No worthy is capable to even update it by compiling from what is out there in public space, much less do some analytical insight. And BR claims to be a wannabe military / strategic site! Why don't some main site admins who havnt added any content in years show some passion & labor of love, or else simply dismount from their webmaster /Admin title gaddi (cushioned seats)? In any case the missile section & space section is an eyesore and should be removed & retired.

Sorry couldn't resist being retorical. But it is in sad state.

Shwetank
BRFite -Trainee

Postby Shwetank » 04 Sep 2018 00:21

Mods, was wondering if could revive History and Archaeology thread from GDF into Strategic Issues sub-forum. I think it was pretty focused on facts and could be kept that way without going into politics; besides there is already an out-of-india thread which sometimes catches more general history and archaeology news and is more political for sure.

souravB
BRFite

Postby souravB » 17 Oct 2018 08:14

Is anyone else having trouble in Youtube videos having server error 500?

Chinmay
BRFite

Postby Chinmay » 17 Oct 2018 15:04

souravB wrote:Is anyone else having trouble in Youtube videos having server error 500?

Yeah YouTube was down earlier, so all links posted gave an error

Kashi
BRF Oldie

Postby Kashi » 07 Nov 2018 19:35

Rahul M wrote:Sbajwa ji and others who wanted the 1 month ban lifted on falijee(which isn't going to happen), please read this viewtopic.php?p=2302953#p2302953

any comments should go to the feedback thread.

Shouldn't the Indo-US thread strictly be about exactly that? All this discussion about US elections that have nothing to do with India, shouldn't they be confined to Ünderstanding" thread?

Return to “Military Issues & History Forum”