BR Forum Feedback

The Military Issues & History Forum is a venue to discuss issues relating to the military aspects of the Indian Armed Forces, whether the past, present or future. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Dileep
BRF Oldie

Re: BR Forum Feedback

Post by Dileep »

User Muns who created india-aware took it over. I am still helping them to work the ropes.

It is going to be there for the foreseeable future.
naruto
BRFite

Post by naruto »

Dear Admins,
A friend of mine has registered with a user name "mrityunjay" on 23 Aug. His account still remains inactive. Can you please activate his account.
Thanks.
nachiket
Forum Moderator

Post by nachiket »

naruto wrote:Dear Admins,
A friend of mine has registered with a user name "mrityunjay" on 23 Aug. His account still remains inactive. Can you please activate his account.
Thanks.
Done. Sorry for the delay.
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

Dileep wrote:User Muns who created india-aware took it over. I am still helping them to work the ropes.
Please give your contact email.

are you there? is everything open to public or there is a guha, I.e. inner cave?
Mollick.R
BRFite

Post by Mollick.R »

Just wanted to add/propose a BRF dictionary term, tinkered a little bit in BRF dictionary page. Was unable to proceed so sent a email to BRF Dictionary admin & posting here too.

Jal-jeera, or jaljira / Noun.

Proposed BRF nickname for the Al Jazeera. A Qatari- English pay television news channel owned by the Al Jazeera Media Network, headquartered in Doha, Qatar.
Jal-jeera, or jaljira, is an Indian beverage flavoured with a spice mix known as jal-jeera. The beverage form is essentially lemonade and jaljira powder, and is a popular summer drink in India. It is sometimes served as an appetizer before meals , as it is intended to "startle" the taste buds.

Desi viewers find Most of the “News” and “Analysis” by Al Jazeera as just another glass of Jaljeera lemonade. Sometimes may be enjoyable but not worthy to be considered as serious hangout drink.
Also, just like the famous Indian appetizer beverage, the anti-India & pro paki rants in form of “ News” from this so-called news channel from Qatar is just an appetizer to make you search for correct facts and analysis from web.

Cheers
kashyapgv
BRFite -Trainee

Post by kashyapgv »

Is there topic/thread here for modeling the aircraft of IAF? I have seen the image archives on the main page, but no thread(s) here on it. I'm sure there are plenty of modelers out there who can share info on colors, kits, etc.
ArjunPandit
BRF Oldie

Post by ArjunPandit »

kashyapgv wrote:Is there topic/thread here for modeling the aircraft of IAF? I have seen the image archives on the main page, but no thread(s) here on it. I'm sure there are plenty of modelers out there who can share info on colors, kits, etc.
it can be created..I also work on it these days with a bit of time due to small, dark days and long nights in al bartaniya...i was focussing on cardboard models to hone basic skills before moving on to 3d ones..taking it slowly...keep me posted..
ArjunPandit
BRF Oldie

Post by ArjunPandit »

Mods is there any appetite on hinduism. In GDF thread there used to be threads on hinduism...i do find stuff on teetar but then it doesnt have the charm of BRF
abhijitm
BRF Oldie

Post by abhijitm »

Recently i noticed many times when I click on 'Forum' link of BRF home page it redirects to a site and my anti-virus gives malicious redirection warning. This is happening only for BRF. Other websites are working fine for me.

Just wanted to check if other members are also facing the same issue and whether BRF server is infected by virus/malware. Thanks.
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

abhijitm, it doesn't happen to me. Nor, is there any complaint, AFAIK.
Karthik S
BRF Oldie

Post by Karthik S »

I've been given a board warning by hnair and he added an edit to my post:
Warning issued. Will wait till you bring in a legit report, before banning
For my below post:
Karthik S wrote:Many opinions and CTs on encounter killing. I have a bad feeling about this. The very purpose of a trial is to prove an accused as guilty, innocent till proven guilty. With encounter two problems. In a given case the accused won't have a chance to prove his innocence, cops can pick up someone, give 3rd degree treatment, get a confession and then the police can encounter him or her.
Second problem is that case will most likely be closed, hence we will never know if the rabbit hole is's deeper than what it appears to be.

Saw a tweet seeing the vet doc was onto some illegal slaughterhouse etc IIRC. So we will most likely never find out of there was more than what meets the eye.
Could hnair let me know what allegations I have made and against whom I have made those allegations for which he has given me board warning.
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

Karthik S, this thread is NOT to discuss individual cases when Admins take some action.

Actions taken by admins are not a subject for discussion.
ArjunPandit
BRF Oldie

Post by ArjunPandit »

Folks site is not opening on sky for last few days...i could access it from vpn, but this is second time this problem is manifesting..
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

If you are on static ip please send it to webmaster AT bharat-rakshak mentioning the issues.
Kakkaji
BRF Oldie

Post by Kakkaji »

This is for ramanaji and other Admins' consideration:

X-Posting from the 'Small Arms' Thread:
Too many political opinions/whines/rants by some here, often completely OT, probably making them uncomfortable. Also, over the top, blanket criticism of forces regarding procurement etc, by a small but vocal minority of people.
Can we give any ex-mil persons who join a special 'Advisor' ranking, and then instantly ban any member who makes abusive/ disrespective posts concerning them?

Even the late Brig RayC left once in a huff, being tired of the posts that were being made. :(

Mil people are used to discipline. They expect a 'special interest' forum like ours to be similarly disciplined, unlike the run-of-the-mill social media.
One additional suggestion I have is:

Let us make it a guideline for posters on the MIL Forum that:

Before you post anything on the Mil Forum, think if you would be willing to say, whatever you are posting, face-to-face in a seminar/ discussion on Indian Military Affairs organized by BRF for its members. If not, then don't post it.
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

I completely agree with the talisman above.

Regarding disrespectful comments, kindly do report them. We try our best.
negi
BRF Oldie

Post by negi »

Kakkaji wrote:
Before you post anything on the Mil Forum, think if you would be willing to say, whatever you are posting, face-to-face in a seminar/ discussion on Indian Military Affairs organized by BRF for its members. If not, then don't post it.
I have said whatever I post here in front of folks who still serve , truth is a truth isme kya hai . One retired Rear Admiral (now head of sales Boeing India) is openly advertising F 18 SH for IN as if we have inked the deal , two former Admirals are mostly seen with medal and award wapasi gang . One retired Cmde is usually busy in India habitat centre were those who revere him cannot distinguish between a tug and a boat while his daughter is trying hard to fit in with urban naxals . Fact that most in the military have little knowledge of the world outside until they retire and hence need to be at least made aware of their ignorance in areas where they are out of depth ; this is not something to be offended about . Finally since when did BRF become custodian of military knowledge collating and making a collage of 4-6 AC images doesn't mean much . Lot of us get to sip tea or whatever the poison of choice with folks inside or outside the cantonment that doesn't mean anything .
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

Good to hear from you after a long time. Interesting perspective given that your family has been in the forces for generations.
negi
BRF Oldie

Post by negi »

People in the forces that are 'busy' doing stuff are not here , if someone wants their opinion to be taken seriously they better bring data , I am all for respectful exchanges but then it should apply to all regardless of their antecedents ( what is this nonsense about forum or people being disrespectful to those in uniform , as if rest have gotten into their lines of work by whiling away time) ; lastly none of what that is being discussed here is a subject area that folks from forces can claim to have an expertise by 'right' . Everything discussed on an open forum like this can be de constructed based on first principles and elementary science , yes someone will have access to some data or information that is via first hand working knowledge in the field or research , however last I checked what research does Indian armed forces do or even encourage in any case ? Buying a foreign fighter , reading up manuals , flying it and maintaining it for n years surely is no walk in the park but that gives one zero authority in areas like engine design , signal processing or even simple things like keeping defects within 0.001% for an assembly line that makes a simple planetary gear . Many who have never worn the uniform actually do some of the above for a living and I don't see any dictum being passed on this forum i.e. to be respectful to their perspective . This is not about my background ; people often make it personal , I have a very bad habit of simply asking people to use the same yardstick . This is not a rant against those in the uniform , in fact by patronising them too much we are deep inside essentially saying "baba be nice to them , if you ask probing questions they will feel bad, they are like this onlee".
basant
BRFite

Post by basant »

Dear admins, the times shown for posts seem to be about 25min or so ahead in future! I am not sure if it is a problem with my browsers (on multiple platforms and multiple devices). Can you check if this is true and fix it if necessary please?
basant
BRFite

Post by basant »

May be we should rename the thread 'India's Border Security with China and Pakistan-2020' to 'India's Border Security with China, Pakistan and Nepal-2020'.
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

basant wrote:May be we should rename the thread 'India's Border Security with China and Pakistan-2020' to 'India's Border Security with China, Pakistan and Nepal-2020'.
As of now, Pakistan has become another province or autonomous region of PRC. Any war either with Pakistan or China would be a two-front war. So, it makes sense to look at our security that way. Nepal is not yet at that stage. May be, afew more years?
basant
BRFite

Post by basant »

SSridhar wrote:
basant wrote:May be we should rename the thread 'India's Border Security with China and Pakistan-2020' to 'India's Border Security with China, Pakistan and Nepal-2020'.
As of now, Pakistan has become another province or autonomous region of PRC. Any war either with Pakistan or China would be a two-front war. So, it makes sense to look at our security that way. Nepal is not yet at that stage. May be, afew more years?
Nepal is bringing constitutional amendments and making aggressive statements. There is no other thread to cover it if I am not mistaken.
basant
BRFite

Post by basant »

Can we have a thread on general defense policies and procedures please? It's much needed in my opinion.
LakshmanPST
BRFite

Post by LakshmanPST »

Given the current situation, we need a separate thread for PsyOps happening... Not general PsyOps thread but specific to the current situation and also document all the people and articles in it...
tsarkar
BRF Oldie

Post by tsarkar »

Repost from the China Border thread -

Rohit Vats is on India Today TV right now along with Col Vinayak Bhatt and Lt. Gen. D S Hooda on Rahul Kanwal’s show exposing false Chinese claims on the Galwan River

Please watch!

Congratulations, Rohit, for your well researched views getting coverage in the News!
negi
BRF Oldie

Post by negi »

^ Did we get the land back though ?
Jarita
BRF Oldie

Post by Jarita »

Some people manning the “roads” thread are pretty intolerant of points of view that critique some of the government projects. It’s hardly a thread that should elicit such visceral personal reactions.
Jarita
BRF Oldie

Post by Jarita »

Couple of thoughts
- There's a whole bunch of threads in the tech forum that can be consolidated into the Urban policy thread. T'would be great if we could do that, else we are losing a lot of information.
- Do we have any threads for poverty, exploitation etc? Any threads on organized crime etc. Not sure what to call it and certainly don't want to add to the thread party in that forum. Perhaps one single one to address the problems of the extreme poor which would include exploitation, health issues, justice etc.
ricky_v
BRFite

Post by ricky_v »

Well gents, I bid adieu, this forum has become really cloistered in its viewpoint, even mods get in with the name calling, discussing things even minutely out of the prescribed thinking riles certain people emotionally which is an odd reaction for an online forum and there are many instances of shouting down of opinion.
Last post from me.
mihir.mehta
BRFite -Trainee

Post by mihir.mehta »

@Suraj,

I'd like to know the reason my post was deleted from the forum : India's Border Security with China and Pakistan-2020 - Part 2

There were no opinions there and it was all fact. What part of it do you feel was the noise. Is this an elitist place - where nothing is to be questioned.

What i had written - was in Doklam we got fooled. The Chinese fooled the Indian govt and the Indian Govt fooled the people. Whats wrong with pointing that out. Are we all supposed to do bhakti of one man??
arshyam
BRF Oldie

Post by arshyam »

mihir.mehta wrote:@Suraj,

I'd like to know the reason my post was deleted from the forum : India's Border Security with China and Pakistan-2020 - Part 2

There were no opinions there and it was all fact. What part of it do you feel was the noise. Is this an elitist place - where nothing is to be questioned.

What i had written - was in Doklam we got fooled. The Chinese fooled the Indian govt and the Indian Govt fooled the people. Whats wrong with pointing that out. Are we all supposed to do bhakti of one man??
You are new here, it's perhaps a good idea to read for sometime before shooting off the hip. You'd then realize the moderation standards enforce one simple rule: don't bring politics and unsubstantiated opinion(s) into military thread that lead to rona-dhona and add nothing worthwhile to the conv. While I am no mod and therefore have no insight into the reason for the deleted post, I'll make an educated guess: the border thread is discussing the current border issue, the so-called "fooling" at Doklam in 2017 is not really relevant to the thread. Some moderators like hnair have also clarified the rule in place given the serious situation. The "Neutering" thread in the strat forum is a better place to discuss that, IMHO. Second, in case you just offered an opinion about this foolery without substantiation, you post is likely to get moderated. This is true of most threads, but is most tightly enforced in the mil forum. So if you want to discuss this in the right thread, be prepared for others to question you on your opinion(s) and some moderation in case it goes beyond forum rules.

Lastly, "bhakti of one man" - there is a political thread for that, please go there and offer your bhakti to whoever it is you wish to.
mihir.mehta
BRFite -Trainee

Post by mihir.mehta »

arshyam wrote:
mihir.mehta wrote:@Suraj,

You are new here, it's perhaps a good idea to read for sometime before shooting off the hip. You'd then realize the moderation standards enforce one simple rule: don't bring politics and unsubstantiated opinion(s) into military thread that lead to rona-dhona and add nothing worthwhile to the conv. While I am no mod and therefore have no insight into the reason for the deleted post, I'll make an educated guess: the border thread is discussing the current border issue, the so-called "fooling" at Doklam in 2017 is not really relevant to the thread. Some moderators like hnair have also clarified the rule in place given the serious situation. The "Neutering" thread in the strat forum is a better place to discuss that, IMHO. Second, in case you just offered an opinion about this foolery without substantiation, you post is likely to get moderated. This is true of most threads, but is most tightly enforced in the mil forum. So if you want to discuss this in the right thread, be prepared for others to question you on your opinion(s) and some moderation in case it goes beyond forum rules.

Lastly, "bhakti of one man" - there is a political thread for that, please go there and offer your bhakti to whoever it is you wish to.
I am not the one offering Bhakti here.

There is no "So called fooling" and am not offering an opinion about this foolery without substantiation.
The proof is there on GE - go and find it. Its not my job to give it to you on the platter.
Its this ostrich attitude that the majority in this country remains in dark about whats going on on the frontiers.
arshyam
BRF Oldie

Post by arshyam »

^^ Prickly, prickly :lol:

Thin skin much? Good luck on your BRF sojourn! :rotfl:
bharathp
BRFite

Post by bharathp »

mihir.mehta wrote: I am not the one offering Bhakti here.

There is no "So called fooling" and am not offering an opinion about this foolery without substantiation.
The proof is there on GE - go and find it. Its not my job to give it to you on the platter.
Its this ostrich attitude that the majority in this country remains in dark about whats going on on the frontiers.
you are 10 posts old
you want to "question the govt/military what not" but you take offence at being questioned yourself
when asked for proof you say its "not your job" but have no problem is throwing out your opinions and expect everyone to just accept that as is (again, cant question you)
the "majority of this country is in the ostrich attitude" according to you,

you have all the qualities of an intellectual of this country. I am no mod, but I can tell you that you belong to the intellectual group of this country - and you need to join there. if and when you decide to leave this place and join there, you will no doubt increase the average IQ of both the places.
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

mihir.mehta wrote:Are we all supposed to do bhakti of one man??
No, you're expected to follow thread topic and posting guidelines.
AshishA
BRFite

Post by AshishA »

Suraj wrote:
Can you change my name to AshishA? I don't know how it's done.
mihir.mehta
BRFite -Trainee

Post by mihir.mehta »

Suraj wrote:
Confront me with facts and I am okay. How was what i posted much different than so many similar posts about past mistakes.

An explanation could have been given. I still don't get it - what part of it is offensive or unacceptable?

Doklam being far away so my post gets deleted?
Or my stating the its occupied by the chinese - and you don't agree with me - so its gets deleted?

https://www.bharat-rakshak.com/Guidelines.html - This URL isn't working.
mihir.mehta
BRFite -Trainee

Post by mihir.mehta »

bharathp wrote:
mihir.mehta wrote: I am not the one offering Bhakti here.

you are 10 posts old
you want to "question the govt/military what not" but you take offence at being questioned yourself
when asked for proof you say its "not your job" but have no problem is throwing out your opinions and expect everyone to just accept that as is (again, cant question you)
the "majority of this country is in the ostrich attitude" according to you,

you have all the qualities of an intellectual of this country. I am no mod, but I can tell you that you belong to the intellectual group of this country - and you need to join there. if and when you decide to leave this place and join there, you will no doubt increase the average IQ of both the places.
By all means - question, counter and confront - why do you just delete my post without a reasonable explanation. That's a fair ask.
I didn't take offense at being questioned - nobody questioned at all - they just deleted my post.
RamSuresh
BRFite -Trainee

Post by RamSuresh »

mihir.mehta wrote:
Suraj wrote: No, you're expected to follow thread topic and posting guidelines.
An explanation could have been given. I still don't get it - what part of it is offensive or unacceptable?

Doklam being far away so my post gets deleted?

https://www.bharat-rakshak.com/Guidelines.html - This URL isn't working.
I pointed out one fact of the post which was clearly unsusbtantiated and to me looked like a rant. The claim that it would take ten years for our GDP to reach pre covid levels.

All independent projections so far expect India to be back at pre covid GDP levels by March 2022.