BR Forum Feedback

The Military Issues & History Forum is a venue to discuss issues relating to the military aspects of the Indian Armed Forces, whether the past, present or future. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Rakesh
Forum Moderator

Re: BR Forum Feedback

Post by Rakesh »

putnanja wrote:I don't fully agree with this statement. The primary discussion was about first aircraft landing on INS Vikrant. For an aircraft carrier, that is a significant milestone as it is it's raison d'être. Even the news of landing on Mig-29k was removed from INS Vikrant thread. I feel it's important milestone of the aircraft carrier about when/which aircraft made the first few landings and take-offs. Just like first aircraft landing on a new civil airport is celebrated, the first few operations of aircraft from an aircraft carrier needs to be celebrated, as that is the primary purpose of an aircraft carrier. In this particular case, it shouldn't be an issue to have posts in both threads as there are operational issues that can be discussed in carrier thread, while the aircraft performance issues can be in the naval LCA thread. Just my $0.02.
Thank you for your response and I understand the point you have raised i.e. the primary discussion being about the Tejas landing on INS Vikrant.

When the news on the Naval Tejas was first reported on the forum, it started off in two threads - Vikrant and Naval Aviation. No one posted it in the Naval Tejas thread, because that thread was sitting on Page 3 of the forum. No one knew where the thread was. As more info on the Naval Tejas filters through the media in the days and weeks ahead, it would have been collected in those threads and the Naval Tejas thread would have been untouched. So issues related to the aircraft's performance could inadvertently land up in the Vikrant thread or the Naval Aviation thread. While not rocket science, it is cumbersome to move multiple posts from one thread to another. If it can be addressed earlier, it becomes that much easier for the moderator who is moving the posts around.

Secondly, when the Vikrant was commissioned last September, the discussion was largely kept to the Vikrant thread alone. It could have easily gone to the Indian Navy thread and valuable info could have been lost there. Celebration is welcome and encouraged on BRF, especially when it is local maal. But it is far easier for readers to track info on a particular platform, in one dedicated thread than having to visit multiple threads to get the same info. As indicated earlier, the first landings of the Naval Tejas on the Vikrant can readily be referenced in the first post on page 1 of the Naval Tejas thread.

Thirdly, I thought the posts you made in the Vikrant thread and the Naval Aviation thread, were identical to the post you made in the Naval Tejas thread. If that was not the case, then my sincere apologies. If you did post about the MiG-29K landing on the Vikrant, then it was my error to have deleted that post. Please repost that news in the Vikrant thread, as we do not have a dedicated MiG-29K/KUB thread on BRF. Some thing is amiss about that bit of news and we need a discussion on that. I will wait for you to make that post, to respond.
nachiket
Forum Moderator

Re: BR Main Site Feedback

Post by nachiket »

Anoop.G wrote:Admins /Mods
There seems to a junk/spam post from my ID which I did not post.. Not sure how this appeared. Can I request you to please delete this??

I have been accessing BRF only on my phone (iOS 16.3). I am totally clueless on how an external malware etc may have caused to post this with a Telegram link. In my professional life, I am not even linked remotely to the subject topic.

I have changed my BRF password. Is there anything else I need to do??

Regret any inconvenience for this!
Thanks.
Anoop, for now, changing your password is the best course of action which you have already taken. We'll keep a watch to see if this happens again.
basant
BRFite

Post by basant »

Mods, can we open a thread on UFO/UAP? There is a lot of military interest and significance and multiple reported incidents within a week in the USA, Canada and China now.
arshyam
BRF Oldie

Post by arshyam »

SSridhar wrote:....
Sir, I've sent a message to the moderator team. Could you please check?
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

arshyam, unfortunately I could not make it to Aero India.
Zynda
BRF Oldie

Post by Zynda »

This has nothing to do with feedback but could not find an appropriate thread. Is Doc Shiv is back on Twitter? His previous handle @HariRam42245512 is suspended.
rajkumar
BRFite

Post by rajkumar »

How do I post an image in a thread?
venkat_kv
BRFite

Post by venkat_kv »

rajkumar wrote:How do I post an image in a thread?
Most of the images are posted to image hosting sites like imagur or in twitter and the you link it here with Img option Saar.
nachiket
Forum Moderator

Post by nachiket »

rajkumar wrote:How do I post an image in a thread?
upload the image to an image hosting site like imgur. Then add the link in a post here as follows: [img]link-to-image[/img]
sanman
BRF Oldie

Post by sanman »

Do BRF admins track things like data-scraping? I'm just wondering if anyone sees BRF as a data source.

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1675393327263301632
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

We get a lot of bots and am sure they are data scraping,
Google bot, some thing called Majestic
RoyG
BRF Oldie

Post by RoyG »

What's funny is these Mods delete posts with an anomatopoeia - POOF. As if some queer aristrocrat waves his magic wand and then frollicks away through a field of daffodils. Its not enough to just delete the post with a justifiable rationale, they have to try to convince themselves they are above you in the process.

Word of advice for you mods who indulge in this kind of bullsh*t, cut it out.
hgupta
BRFite

Post by hgupta »

RoyG wrote: 05 Aug 2023 10:07 What's funny is these Mods delete posts with an anomatopoeia - POOF. As if some queer aristrocrat waves his magic wand and then frollicks away through a field of daffodils. Its not enough to just delete the post with a justifiable rationale, they have to try to convince themselves they are above you in the process.

Word of advice for you mods who indulge in this kind of bullsh*t, cut it out.
I agree.
putnanja
BRF Oldie

Post by putnanja »

Is there any plan to upgrade the forum software to include likes for posts?
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

How do you change the password of your account?
LakshmanPST
BRFite

Post by LakshmanPST »

I was trying to see some archived threads, but many old threads seem to have been deleted permanently...
I understand threads take up memory in the server...
But I wish old threads are not deleted as they provide valuable insight into situations of the past on various topics...
Rakesh
Forum Moderator

Post by Rakesh »

Mort Walker wrote: 25 Nov 2023 04:09 How do you change the password of your account?
After logging in, please do the following;

1) Click on your Profile
2) Click on edit account settings
3) You should see your email address and right below that you should see the ability to change your password.

If you have any issues, please reply to this post.
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

Got it done. Thanks.
Rakesh
Forum Moderator

Post by Rakesh »

Mort Walker wrote: 29 Nov 2023 00:07 Got it done. Thanks.
You are welcome.