BR Forum Feedback

The Military Issues & History Forum is a venue to discuss issues relating to the military aspects of the Indian Armed Forces, whether the past, present or future. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Re: BR Forum Feedback

Post by SaiK »

from my experiences, the backup logic will increase exponential times if it is a timed and exclusive backup operation. I don't understand why BRF needs such info sensitive backup procedure. I would redo the whole process by enabling active replication when a thread/post becomes available by condition for backup, where it is a short burst concurrent activity which takes a read-only snapshot of the dhaagas.

of course, I don't know what constraints the existing backup procedures has, but I m pretty positive that whatever approach you have in place now, is going to cause big pain points for bradmins in the near future.
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

@SRoy, it's ok, they found some other channel.
thanks anyway.
Rahul Mehta
BRF Oldie

Post by Rahul Mehta »

Dear admins,

In year 2002 , I had started a thread on "corruption nexuses in Indian judges" with description of solutions such as JurySys. The thread was deleted later as oit crossed 10 pages i.e. 400 posts. I have that thread with all 10 pages in my disk.

May I upload those 10 BRF pages of year 2002 on my website and post link here?

I need to ask, as those pages belong to BRF and there are copyright issues.
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

Why ?
Kashi
BRF Oldie

Post by Kashi »

Do we have a thread on news from Indian states? Either individual threads for say UP, TN, Maha, Gujarat, Bengal etc or a combined thread for all states.

Either way this would cover all forms of news- political, social, economic, cultural etc. Presently such news is scattered across various threads such as Internal security, economic and sometimes others..
member_23061
BRFite

Post by member_23061 »

Hi, I am unable to send PM's. Can someone help me in this regard?
Rahul Mehta
BRF Oldie

Post by Rahul Mehta »

Rahul Mehta wrote:Dear admins,

In year 2002 , I had started a thread on "corruption nexuses in Indian judges" with description of solutions such as JurySys. The thread was deleted later as oit crossed 10 pages i.e. 400 posts. I have that thread with all 10 pages in my disk.

May I upload those 10 BRF pages of year 2002 on my website and post link here?

I need to ask, as those pages belong to BRF and there are copyright issues.
Suraj wrote:Why ?

I assume you asked "WHY" to me.

Many can benefit from questions and answers given in that thread on corruption in judges and solution to corruption in judges. So I want to upload the threads on my website .

So May I upload those BRF threads on my website and make it available to public to see?
gunjur
BRFite

Post by gunjur »

Hi. There was a thread "Indian Media Watch & Analysis" in strategy forum. I am unable to see that thread. Is it just me or was the thread locked??
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

Rahul Mehta wrote:Many can benefit from questions and answers given in that thread on corruption in judges and solution to corruption in judges. So I want to upload the threads on my website .

So May I upload those BRF threads on my website and make it available to public to see?
Rahul Mehta, we are not really interested in resurrecting 12 year old threads. When you returned here, we advised to you restrict your participation and not spam or troll other threads and increase moderation workload. You haven't really kept your word. So there's no point in adding even more a moderating workload through old thread discussions.
Gunjur wrote:Hi. There was a thread "Indian Media Watch & Analysis" in strategy forum. I am unable to see that thread. Is it just me or was the thread locked??
It was merged with the psyops and media watch thread based on moderator discussion. No need for two threads in two different forums for basically the same topic.
KJo
BRF Oldie

Post by KJo »

archan wrote:Anywho, KJo isn't too human sounding is it? you wanna try something else?
Admin Mahdis, thanks for your reply, I request you to reconsider onlee. :((

Jo is a real name (shortened form like Bill, Steve etc), I remember a tennis player called Jo Durie, there is a Norwegian politician Jo Benkow, US Rep for Alabama Jo Bonner etc. 'K' is the initial.

I feel that my current avatar gives away too much. Besides everyone here calls me "KJo". This is no different from other names here like "sum", "sibyt" etc.
Shreeman
BRF Oldie

Post by Shreeman »

Adminullahs,

Could I request the abortion debate be moved out of the India-US discussion to somewhere appripriate?

tx.
archan
Forum Moderator

Post by archan »

KJoishy wrote:
archan wrote:Anywho, KJo isn't too human sounding is it? you wanna try something else?
Admin Mahdis, thanks for your reply, I request you to reconsider onlee. :((

Jo is a real name (shortened form like Bill, Steve etc), I remember a tennis player called Jo Durie, there is a Norwegian politician Jo Benkow, US Rep for Alabama Jo Bonner etc. 'K' is the initial.

I feel that my current avatar gives away too much. Besides everyone here calls me "KJo". This is no different from other names here like "sum", "sibyt" etc.
Allright allright. :roll: :roll: :roll:
Yayavar
BRF Oldie

Post by Yayavar »

admin-ji,

mera naam bhi badal do.... to yayavar

thanks
KJo
BRF Oldie

Post by KJo »

archan wrote: Allright allright. :roll: :roll: :roll:
Dhanyawaad! :D
I am not used to seeing my name on the left of the page as KJo, but I will get used to it!

:rotfl:
member_28705
BRFite

Post by member_28705 »

Hi, I am unable to send PM's. Can someone help me in this regard?
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

Posters cannot send PMs. Only moderators can.
kapilrdave
BRFite

Post by kapilrdave »

Mods, I can't edit my this post http://forums.bharat-rakshak.com/viewto ... 7#p1712280

I want to remove the image from there and put a simple link instead. Thanks.
member_20317
BRF Oldie

Post by member_20317 »

kapil ji, you can copy-edit-paste the earlier post and then have the original post deleted by mods. That way all of us on that thread will look like antaryami, trikaaldarshis :D
kapilrdave
BRFite

Post by kapilrdave »

Great :lol:

I've done that. Mods, please delete my original post.
member_28705
BRFite

Post by member_28705 »

Is there a dedicated terrorism thread? Where we can discuss terrorism/Counter terror etc with respect to India!
member_28705
BRFite

Post by member_28705 »

Also, can I change the email address on my account to a gmail address?
archan
Forum Moderator

Post by archan »

KrisP wrote:Also, can I change the email address on my account to a gmail address?
Not possible.
KJo
BRF Oldie

Post by KJo »

BRF Mahdis, we need a thread to discuss religious terrorism inflicted upon India. Things like Love Jihad, conversion, Saudi money, Evanjihadis, church planting, anti-conversion law etc. This should not be to discuss the pros and cons of any religion but to discuss how it is being used to subjugate India. If there is one already I request you to post the link (the Islamism one is too specific and is about outside India).
member_28705
BRFite

Post by member_28705 »

KJo wrote:BRF Mahdis, we need a thread to discuss religious terrorism inflicted upon India. Things like Love Jihad, conversion, Saudi money, Evanjihadis, church planting, anti-conversion law etc. This should not be to discuss the pros and cons of any religion but to discuss how it is being used to subjugate India. If there is one already I request you to post the link (the Islamism one is too specific and is about outside India).
Seconded. For ex, where would something like this go: http://indianexpress.com/article/opinio ... -jihad/99/
Rahul Mehta
BRF Oldie

Post by Rahul Mehta »

Rahul Mehta: Dear admins,

In year 2002 , I had started a thread on "corruption nexuses in Indian judges" with description of solutions such as JurySys. The thread was deleted later as oit crossed 10 pages i.e. 400 posts. I have that thread with all 10 pages in my disk. May I upload those 10 BRF pages of year 2002 on my website and post link here? I need to ask, as those pages belong to BRF and there are copyright issues.

Suraj:Why ?

Rahul Mehta: Many can benefit from questions and answers given in that thread on corruption in judges and solution to corruption in judges. So I want to upload the threads on my website . So May I upload those BRF threads on my website and make it available to public to see?

Suraj: Rahul Mehta, we are not really interested in resurrecting 12 year old threads. When you returned here, we advised to you restrict your participation and not spam or troll other threads and increase moderation workload. You haven't really kept your word. So there's no point in adding even more a moderating workload through old thread discussions.
Suraj,

There seems to be some miscommunication. I will put this as my last post on this issue, and take your decision and close it.

If it is burden, you need not reply. I will take that as NO and close the matter.

I am NOT talking about resurrecting that 10 year old thread here on BRF.

I am talking about uploading the BRF thread on my website, and ONLY posting links here.

So IMO, this cant increase moderation load.

I need your permission as BRF has copyright over that thread

1. So may I upload that thread backup on my website?

2. May I post the link to that back up of thread here?
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

Please take it as a No. We already have enough of a moderation load dealing with posts on current topics in current threads. There's no need to resurrect matters from over a decade ago, regardless of where it is posted, just because you're keen on rehashing them once more.
Shanmukh
BRF Oldie

Post by Shanmukh »

Mods-the whole business of putting people on the ignore list seems to be lost, when the trolls post page after page of the same rubbish, only to be endlessly refuted by the forum members. Is it possible to add a bit of code that will make the quoted part of those in the ignore list also invisible? Off hand, I can think of an easy way to do this using awk and html, but I am not sure if it easily carries over to the board software.
kapilrdave
BRFite

Post by kapilrdave »

Mods, I don't know if there is an option on the forum to search for all the post on a *specific thread* by a specific poster. If it's not there then can that be developed? I guess it should not be a big deal from the coding perspective since forum specific search is already there.
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

nageshks wrote:Mods-the whole business of putting people on the ignore list seems to be lost, when the trolls post page after page of the same rubbish, only to be endlessly refuted by the forum members. Is it possible to add a bit of code that will make the quoted part of those in the ignore list also invisible? Off hand, I can think of an easy way to do this using awk and html, but I am not sure if it easily carries over to the board software.
Is it too much trouble to ask people to simply ignore quoted entries by those you choose to ignore ? Just how much trouble is it to NOT respond to someone, regardless of whether it's in a post by them or quoted in someone else's post ? An ignore feature is already provided. It's not perfect, but it's reasonable to ask that posters meet us midway here instead of demanding near perfection. If something filters though, well, just ignore them. As you know, it's very easy for material to still filter through, if the quotes are removed, for example.
Sri
BRFite

Post by Sri »

Respected Admin log,

I need to change my current registered email ID to a gmail ID for the time being (in between jobs). Please let me know the procedure as I am not able to change the same from the 'User Setting'.
KJo
BRF Oldie

Post by KJo »

KJo wrote:BRF Mahdis, we need a thread to discuss religious terrorism inflicted upon India. Things like Love Jihad, conversion, Saudi money, Evanjihadis, church planting, anti-conversion law etc. This should not be to discuss the pros and cons of any religion but to discuss how it is being used to subjugate India. If there is one already I request you to post the link (the Islamism one is too specific and is about outside India).
Mahdi log? Pliss be to reply onleee
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

doesn't internal security thread cover those ?
archan
Forum Moderator

Post by archan »

Sri wrote:Respected Admin log,

I need to change my current registered email ID to a gmail ID for the time being (in between jobs). Please let me know the procedure as I am not able to change the same from the 'User Setting'.
The software will not allow that. I suggest you leave it as is for now and change it when you have your new ID. We are there in case of any issues. You can simply contact webmasters or the common mod email gentleman.cadet at geemale .
Sanku
BRF Oldie

Post by Sanku »

Admin log. Can YamaR please not be used as a punching bag for Mods please.

Pretty please.
hnair
Forum Moderator

Post by hnair »

Sanku wrote:Admin log. Can YamaR please not be used as a punching bag for Mods please.

Pretty please.
Sanku, he has promised not to sport a leather chaddi with a band that says "Everlast" and moon at passing mods. So that confusion over punching bags got over
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

Sanku: Please don't post on the behalf of others in that manner. You're not involved in this matter. RamaY's prolific record of transgressions at the hand of close to half a dozen mods, is visible to every mod in his user notes which are automatically updated.
Sanku
BRF Oldie

Post by Sanku »

No more from me Saars.
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

<deleted a bunch of pointless stuff that does not belong in moderated fora. Accepted the Informal warning>
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

It is possible to have a "lifafa" button like the "report post" button? Clicking the button should immediately remove the lifafa news item and transfer it to a special "lifafa" folder.

That way we could clear up about 75% of the news and related posts on the military forum.

I urge admins to take the help of Allah and give us a lifafa button.
member_28797
BRFite

Post by member_28797 »

^^ I second this notion, most of the news posted here contains more rona dhona than actual information. And then folks waste pages discussing a few useless points made in the farticle