BR Forum Feedback

The Military Issues & History Forum is a venue to discuss issues relating to the military aspects of the Indian Armed Forces, whether the past, present or future. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
KJo
BRF Oldie

Re: BR Forum Feedback

Post by KJo »

At what warning level do ghazis get halaaled? :D
member_23651
BRFite

Post by member_23651 »

Vodafone has blocked bharat-rakshak in India and I do not know why. I have to use proxy to access it. wondering why it has been blocked
member_28108
BRFite

Post by member_28108 »

Why does the time on the Bharat Rakshak site show a 30 minute delay.It shows UTC +5.30 - so while it is 10.08 but the "current" time shown is 9.37.
Move it to this page.
Lilo
BRF Oldie

Post by Lilo »

Can some mod/admin merge all the three media watch threads(one psyops thread in burkha, one Indian media watch in SDF and another in TDF into one placed in openforum ?

When Indian media is daily being pilloried with such heavy criticism on social media , there is no reason to keep stuff hidden by discussing in the under burkha psyops dhaaga
Lilo
BRF Oldie

Post by Lilo »

Is vijayk ji still banned ?
Please to unban vijayk ji if his ban is still in effect .

http://forums.bharat-rakshak.com/member ... file&u=685
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

why would we unban someone banned permanently ?
member_28108
BRFite

Post by member_28108 »

prasannasimha wrote:Why does the time on the Bharat Rakshak site show a 30 minute delay.It shows UTC +5.30 - so while it is 10.08 but the "current" time shown is 9.37.
Any update on why the BR Forums page shows an offset of 5.00 UTC rather than 5.30 to convert to IST ?
archan
Forum Moderator

Post by archan »

^ The software is made by a third party. It has its issues I guess. The minor ones are ignored as we don't have the workforce and there is a reluctance to tinker with the software.
member_28108
BRFite

Post by member_28108 »

archan wrote:^ The software is made by a third party. It has its issues I guess. The minor ones are ignored as we don't have the workforce and there is a reluctance to tinker with the software.
Thanks. I was not sure if only I was seeing this difference.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Lilo wrote:Can some mod/admin merge all the three media watch threads(one psyops thread in burkha, one Indian media watch in SDF and another in TDF into one placed in openforum ?

When Indian media is daily being pilloried with such heavy criticism on social media , there is no reason to keep stuff hidden by discussing in the under burkha psyops dhaaga

Lilo,

The Psy ops thread in GDF is for psychological/mind games aspects of Indian media.

The Indian Media watch thread was for just reports and trends.

The one in TEF was for ownership patterns and more economic aspects of the issue.

I think these are all separate topics and focus will be lost.

Thanks, ramana
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

A request to powers that be - can Kasturi be unbanned? His math dhaga posts are all keepers.

On another note, I hope shardula would resume posting. He is banned by any chance? If so, requesting to unban.

Also Lakshmi Kant, would love to see more of thy posts.
archan
Forum Moderator

Post by archan »

Let it be clear that requests for unbans cannot be entertained. If someone is banned for a period, they will be unbanned automatically by the software once that period is over. If they were banned permanently, then they will remain so.
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

Archan, thanks for the policy statement. Understood.
KJo
BRF Oldie

Post by KJo »

matrimc wrote:A request to powers that be - can Kasturi be unbanned? His math dhaga posts are all keepers.

On another note, I hope shardula would resume posting. He is banned by any chance? If so, requesting to unban.

Also Lakshmi Kant, would love to see more of thy posts.
I talked to shaardula over email over a month ago, he is just busy. Unless I don't know something, he is not banned.
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

That was my guess too re. shaardula. Hope he makes time to post.
Abhijit
BRFite

Post by Abhijit »

Bradmin folks, urgent request. For the past year or so my IP has been blocked - i guess it was some paki in my neighborhood that caused it. for the last 1 yr i have been accessing BR only at work. But now i am at home and it is election time. pl. unblock my ip - pl. let me know how i can send my ip address to you - is it ok to post it here and then remove it quickly? BTW, I don't need to introduce myself, i have been on BR for over a decade now. pl. help at the earliest, currently i am using some anonymizer to access. thx.
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

plz email it to webmaster at bharat-rakshak dawt com
Abhijit
BRFite

Post by Abhijit »

Thanks Rahul saar. email sent to webmaster.
Abhijit
BRFite

Post by Abhijit »

Alhamdulillah! Now I can access Br from my home again. Thanks Rahul and Seetal.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

- Deleted-
merlin
BRF Oldie

Post by merlin »

Any updates on tapatalk support for the forum? Accessing the forum from a tablet is a pain if accessing the desktop site?
Deans
BRF Oldie

Post by Deans »

Currently both the NaMo and Runup to 2014 elections thread are being hijacked by AAP.
How about a AAP related thread featuring the rise and (hopefully) implosion of AAP ?
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

No more threads on politics. As it is, we have three threads on the topic that are often mutually indistinguishable. If three threads couldn't fix anything, four will not make a difference. Better to just keep everything within existing threads and trash them all post GE2014.
Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Post by Amber G. »

Can Physics thread move to Technology & Economic Forum for better visibility?
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

Suraj wrote:No more threads on politics. As it is, we have three threads on the topic that are often mutually indistinguishable. If three threads couldn't fix anything, four will not make a difference. Better to just keep everything within existing threads and trash them all post GE2014.
Can you imagine the website traffic on the elections night here on BRF? If Modi is winning, that night there would be more posts and traffic. Hope the servers do not come crashing down.

If it is not confidential can BRF admins reveal which event garnered the maximum traffic (a day or two)?
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

Amber G. wrote:Can Physics thread move to Technology & Economic Forum for better visibility?
Done
SwamyG wrote:If it is not confidential can BRF admins reveal which event garnered the maximum traffic (a day or two)?
Look for threads with most views and shortest lifespans. That would answer your question, wouldn't it ?
member_24684
BRFite

Post by member_24684 »

Last I checked a News Published by Bharat Rakshak

Showing a Mirage 2000 Fighter instead of A Jaguar

Here is the Link

http://www.bharat-rakshak.com/NEWS/news ... wsid=20731
Viv S
BRF Oldie

Post by Viv S »

My 'My Language' option on Board Preferences says 'British English' but my reply box has always only recognized American English. Underlines 'colour', accepts 'color'.

Could the admin please check the spell-check settings.

Thank you.
Ashok Sarraff
BRFite

Post by Ashok Sarraff »

Major developments are taking place in Indian missile technology and in BRF with the return of maharathis and appointment of new moderators. One more major development needs to take place in this regard and that is the return of Arun_S to BRF. Can someone persuade him to start sharing his wisdom on this forum again? Please.
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

1. Anyway mathJax or LaTeX facility can be given?

2. I have several images (png) which I would like to post in math, physics, and nukkad and SF 8) threads. How do I do that?

3. I would like to use an external editor (I am going to try to do an emacs mode for posting on phpBB) on a Linux machine for posting. Is that at all possible?

4. One more thing - can we get some ore words into the dictionary? Is appending a local dictionary from the desktop possible? If so, what format?
Jagan
Webmaster BR

Post by Jagan »

matrimc wrote:1. Anyway mathJax or LaTeX facility can be given?

2. I have several images (png) which I would like to post in math, physics, and nukkad and SF 8) threads. How do I do that?

3. I would like to use an external editor (I am going to try to do an emacs mode for posting on phpBB) on a Linux machine for posting. Is that at all possible?

4. One more thing - can we get some ore words into the dictionary? Is appending a local dictionary from the desktop possible? If so, what format?
Image posting is covered in the MIsc images thread on the mil forum. you need to host them externally and then link them here.

The others - I am not really sure we can add any additional functionality to the browser or forum other than that is already there.
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

Jagan: Thanks.
ShauryaT
BRF Oldie

Post by ShauryaT »

Thank You Suraj.
Added x-post. http://forums.bharat-rakshak.com/viewto ... 4#p1598625
Suraj wrote:
Arjun wrote:I think it unlikely that someone who has never shown interest in the Economy threads in the past over a decade - is likely to have developed signficant expertise in the area suddenly before Elections. That is obviously not any kind of proof, and was NOT intended to be a QED by any means. That was a passing comment - and I am defending my right to express an observation just as much as I defend Sridhar's right to post on any thread he wishes to.
Once again, you don't have any 'right' to post something like that, because you are criticizing - or as you might put it, making an observation about - someone and not the contents of what he wrote. That is an ad hominem. I cannot be any clearer about this - do NOT refer to the individual, not even as 'not proofs' or 'passing comments'.
member_28468
BRFite

Post by member_28468 »

I had started a topic but due to some member comment my thread is closed without even giving me a chance of clarifying...
I am new here but mods should at least let me reply that member comment.

It is very rude and disheartening.
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

hello vishant, I closed that thread and not due to anyone's comments. I didn't find it relevant and even if it was, I don't see why a 3rd person's writings need to be reproduced here in toto. it was nothing personal.

BRF is not very enthusiastic about creating a thread for every topic, especially for something like scenario threads. exceptions have been made but trust me the thread openers always got it cleared from the mods first.

if you still think your thread was relevant you are welcome to clarify and state your case.
regards.
member_28468
BRFite

Post by member_28468 »

Dear Rahul sir i am new here before that i was trolling on this forum and i tried to contact mods but i cant find how then i thought that when i will open the topic i can state the reason to open it .

so here is the reasons:
This book is pure fiction with story from 1985 to 2035 but in this case it is huge book.this book not only tells about the problems of the world but also tells of solution even to the point if someone important read it it may bring some good to world.It also has good part of military part in it and second book follows to second world war.
This book can show you the reality of world to its reader.I cant simply explain but hope some one read it completely and then tell us.
Lastly i was hoping to create enough suspense by some posts so then pepole will read it for that i am guilty.

http://geoffwolak-writing.com/

Now you have closed it there is no reason for me to come on this forum because i was on many good forums but this forum impressed me most because of its quality and high esteemed members most of which know more than me and i want to discuss it with them(no one in reality around me is like them).
But if you can give me permission to make a topic in general discussion about this book it will be great.

Hi i want to ask your permission to use your majestic book 1 to post on a forum .you see i think most of pepole should read ur books but when they see the size they give up before reading(every one is not like me lol..) so i want to post first book as small post on forum to create interest and then i will give them the link and credit to you so they can have II and III book from you.

What you say i will not do this without ur permission.

here is the forum link

http://forums.bharat-rakshak.com/index.php

here is there scenario thread link

http://forums.bharat-rakshak.com/viewforum.php?f=18

thanx

Vishant chaudhary
Reply | Reply to all | Forward | Print | Delete | Show original

Add star
gwrem
<gwrol.com> Attachment Wed, Feb 19, 2014 at 9:21 PM
To: vihil.com
Reply | Reply to all | Forward | Print | Delete | Show original
yes, no problem, download the copy from my website or I can send you the
latest and cleanest version in MS Word (attached)

I am happy for you to send Magestic book 1 to anyone on the planet!!

thanks

Geoff
KJo
BRF Oldie

Post by KJo »

Vishant, why don't you participate in the ongoing discussions first?
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

well vishant there is no provision for creating new threads for copy-pasting books we like. scenario threads are for original work that is written for BRF and not available elsewhere.

if you want members to read a book you can post about it in the book review thread (though certainly not the whole book !)

cheers.
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

A small feedback to Vishant. Since I liked the description of the book you posted, I did download the book. That said, I usually scan the Book Reviews thread from time to time. Interested people would find it just like I did. My two cents.
member_20317
BRF Oldie

Post by member_20317 »

Every time I click onto the Military Humor thread the scanner warns of a malware 'puu.sh'.