BR Forum Feedback

The Military Issues & History Forum is a venue to discuss issues relating to the military aspects of the Indian Armed Forces, whether the past, present or future. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Re: BR Forum Feedback

Post by SaiK »

pee are eff is soooo kommunol! exactly at namaz times, they go down for 15 min prayers!!! :(( :mrgreen:
Arjun
BRF Oldie

Post by Arjun »

Rahul, why the lock on the 'Castes and Social Capital' thread ?
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

It was locked based on a vote among moderators. Please refer to the forum posting guidelines. In general, discussion of religion and politics is discouraged. We provide leeway based on special circumstances, such as a very polarising election. However, now that is over, we want to curtail the proliferation of threads on and tangential to that topic. The thread was therefore closed.
Arjun
BRF Oldie

Post by Arjun »

Suraj wrote:It was locked based on a vote among moderators. Please refer to the forum posting guidelines. In general, discussion of religion and politics is discouraged. We provide leeway based on special circumstances, such as a very polarising election. However, now that is over, we want to curtail the proliferation of threads on and tangential to that topic. The thread was therefore closed.
That thread had nothing to do with either religion or politics. So not sure what the real problem was...I assume its based on a feeling that BRF as a 'nationalistic' forum is not an appropriate place to discuss caste related issues analytically. All I can say is - BRF is behind the curve on this particular line of thinking.
johneeG
BRF Oldie

Post by johneeG »

Mod saars,
is there a thread on Medieval Europe or X-ist Dark Ages? If there is not, can I start a new thread on that subject?
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

Arjun wrote:That thread had nothing to do with either religion or politics. So not sure what the real problem was...I assume its based on a feeling that BRF as a 'nationalistic' forum is not an appropriate place to discuss caste related issues analytically. All I can say is - BRF is behind the curve on this particular line of thinking.
Caste is both a religious and political issue. Please consider the matter closed.
kenop
BRFite

Post by kenop »

Mods
Is there need/space for another topic where Modi sarkar's internal structure/pressures/pulls etc can be discussed separately? There is a thread on con party's exit strategy. It would be something similar about what Modi/Party would do under different circumstances.
From a few random reading I get to understand that Modi has allowed the D4+Club 160 people to be admitted to the cabinet. It does not work smoothly all the time and at some convenient point these people will assert themselves and we'll have gangs and clubs within the party and govt playing games with each other.
Thanks
ArmenT
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by ArmenT »

Are there any email addresses for mods available on the forum? If not, they should be. The reason I ask is because of a post that was particularly over-the-top disgustingly racist. It has been reported, but still no action has been taken for a few days and no requested response has been posted either. So, one of three possibilities:

1. Mod of that thread did not see the report, due to other personal engagements.
2. Mod of that thread is deliberately ignoring the report (no way in hell it can be considered non-racist)
3. Policy of the forum has changed to deliberately look the other way for posts of a certain nature.

So which is it folks? If #1 or #2, at least we can email an alternate mod or two and see if action can be taken. If it is #3, it is open season on posts folks and returning fire is well warranted. Your call if you want to take action on the post in question or not. Please to email brfcompendium at the rate of geemale for details about the post in question, otherwise I make the URL public in a few days and let the readers decide.
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

please try gentleman.cadet AT jeemale

reaches all mods.
ArmenT
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by ArmenT »

^^^
Emailed. Thank you greatly for the prompt response.
johneeG
BRF Oldie

Post by johneeG »

johneeG wrote:Mod saars,
is there a thread on Medieval Europe or X-ist Dark Ages? If there is not, can I start a new thread on that subject?
:-? Mod saars, is it ok to start a new thread on medieval Europe or X-ist Dark Ages?
johneeG
BRF Oldie

Post by johneeG »

Oh, almost forgot to say: please... :)
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

panduranghari, KJoishy, and others who are looking for a book on MB for children, please see the link below. There is some important information re. rAmAyaNa purANa as well.

http://forums.bharat-rakshak.com/viewto ... 7#p1670747
KJo
BRF Oldie

Post by KJo »

matrimc wrote:panduranghari, KJoishy, and others who are looking for a book on MB for children, please see the link below. There is some important information re. rAmAyaNa purANa as well.

http://forums.bharat-rakshak.com/viewto ... 7#p1670747
Thanks matrimc, just 2 days ago, I started off with reading bedtime stories to my kids with Panchatantra. They loved it, but I want to make sure they know the Mahabharata and Ramayana in reasonable detail and easily be able to recognize the main characters in these epics. I will check the link out.
shravanp
BRF Oldie

Post by shravanp »

Is there a thread that talks about tourism in India? More about individual experiences and not news as such.
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

yes, look in GDF.
Comer
BRF Oldie

Post by Comer »

Why the usage of the term coolies is not frowned upon? I did report a few posts, a couple were acted upon but some were ignored. If that is on the acceptable list surely usage of whores/pimps must be kosher too?
Viv S
BRF Oldie

Post by Viv S »

Mods, can we rename the 'Raffy wins, go Katrina' thread to something like 'Rafale & MMRCA News and Discussions' thread.

A more formal name will make it more accessible to outsiders and if anything improve the forum's image.
Viv S
BRF Oldie

Post by Viv S »

^^

:?:
Vamsi.R
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Vamsi.R »

i dont know if i can post here.. but for some strange reason i can access this forum from my office network but iam unable to access from my home network :( . can anyone post a solution.
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

Vamsi, do you run a personal firewall, like ZoneAlarm etc that stops your access? Otherwise, you have to contact your ISP.
Vamsi.R
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Vamsi.R »

its working now..iam able to access it from home..i haven't made any changes
pralay
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by pralay »

Hello moderator/admin,
please change my username to pralay
Nandu
BRF Oldie

Post by Nandu »

I am seeing an increasing trend of propagating conspiracy theories on BRF, often just stated as fact with nothing to back it up.

I usually just ignore such stuff, using the "don't mud-wrestle a pig" principle. There are too many to report individually, but I think it makes sense for mods and seniors to try and gently steer BRF away from such posts.
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

admins, this is what I started to post in the West Asia thread, but thought better of it and decided to post here instead. Make of it what you will.

Referring to this post:

http://forums.bharat-rakshak.com/viewto ... 2#p1689912
muraliravi wrote:
JE Menon wrote:How do you know if the poster is even Indian, before making the leap into generalization that you did regarding "anti-semitism" in India?
nageshks wrote:The poster in question has identified himself as Indian (even the state to which he belongs), and has good insight into the politics of the country too. From the sum total of the writings, it seems most likely that the person is indeed an Indian.
Nagesh ji,

I wrote that post.

JE Menon sir,

I am an Indian. I will stick to my views, i guess it is not a crime to be an anti-semite on BR or in India. Me and Nagesh sir agree on a lot of things, but we differ on this. I will spell jews right, but I hope you do use the same yardstick and warn anyone who spells hindus as hindoos, calls muslims as momins, etc.. and those who refer to christianity sarcastically as ROL etc..

There are tons of posts on BR where muslims and christians have been abused openly and sophisticatedly, we call them EJ's etc.. Their religion is criticized openly, we call them names and expose their agenda to the smallest detail. So i guess they have been tested and tried and found guilty, so we can hurl abuses at them. I have been on BR long enough and I hope you can tolerate some opposing views against jews as well.

Someone even made a ridiculous allegation that if I am so enamored by the white race, why dont i accept their culture and become a christian blah blah.. First of all, by praising someone's achievements, you dont extol them, all u are doing is giving them some credit, next white race has nothing do to with christian religion even though they practice it. Philipines converted entirely to christianity, so have they become whites.. Are all brfites who extol the jewish race considering conversion to judaism?? So this whole logic is bankrupt. Anyway my last post on this.
It may not be a crime to be anti-semitic(meaning anti-Jewish in a racist way), but it is questionable whether proudly spouting anti-semitism on BRF--supposedly dedicated to some sort of intelligent discussion--is appropriate.

Your postings on this subject are cheap imitation copies of the lowest-IQ variety of anti-Jewish propaganda that is current in today's Muslim world, and used to be current in the pre-WW-II Western world. And you don't even make any sense in your basic use of language, just google the word 'extol' and you'll get the following:
ex·tol
ikˈstōl/
verb
praise enthusiastically
You went on at length about how Jews have not done anything worthwhile in science, and it was all the work of "white" people. The sheer idiocy of this statement was pointed out to you. I was the one who advised you to become a proud "white" christian, taking care that it is of the low-IQ variety (today they call themselves Identity Christians and run sites like stormfront, incidentally alluding to Indians as "mud people."). You have the nerve to say white not equals Christian in this context--do you mean that all the amazing exclusive discoveries you praised --but somehow not extolled as a result of your victorious jihad against the dictionary, no doubt the work of Jews--came from white muslims from Chechenya and Albania? And your compound your ignorant racism and illogic further by dragging in the filipinos, in effect stating that, one can try to imitate the master-white-race by copying their religion but non-white races can never hope to reach their heights.

I am disturbed that admins have reacted so mildly to such intensely IQ-lowering, more importantly damaging, posts, instead of bringing down the hammer. If BRF ever gets to be of any use at all, beyond being a talk-shop, it is bound to have lots of dedicated and resourceful enemies. Does BRF want to be known as a forum where such utter pernicious nonsense gets at most a "'ere, now!" remonstrance?
merlin
BRF Oldie

Post by merlin »

Again a request for Tapatalk enabling the forum. On a tablet using a finger for HTML links is a very blunt selection tool so just going to the website to browse BRF is very painful.
panduranghari
BRF Oldie

Post by panduranghari »

^ PLUS ONE.
govardhanks
BRFite

Post by govardhanks »

For privacy and security reasons MODs please change my username to just govardhan instead of <poof>..
please please :(( there is some problem I am facing please help me, cannot disclose it here..
Last edited by Suraj on 03 Aug 2014 22:59, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Done
archan
Forum Moderator

Post by archan »

This looks more like a main site design issue. Any webmasters want to comment?
krishnan
BRF Oldie

Post by krishnan »

i commented about this issue long time back, its a simple changing the hyper link
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

How about yyyymmdd or plain old Hindu numerals?
Adrija
BRFite

Post by Adrija »

Mods, one question- how do students or generally those who are not working (e.g., retired, stay at home) become members- they do not have anything other than free email IDs

Any suggestions/ via media please?
KJo
BRF Oldie

Post by KJo »

Merciful Al-Knowing Tablighi Jamaatis,
Could you please rename me to a more halaal 'KJo'?

Please don't slay and send me to Jahannam this time like how a vengeful ghazi (Suraj bin Qasim?) did back in 2010. :((
Manish_Sharma
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_Sharma »

Like anybody writing four letter words and other unacceptable and the software on BRF automatically changes it to ******* or *deleted*, is it possible to add in the software that whereever the word 'India' or 'Indians' is used the sofware changes it automatically to 'Bharat' or 'Bharatiya' respectively?
Ashok Sarraff
BRFite

Post by Ashok Sarraff »

As we know, some threads were recently locked/deleted/lost. With that loss, the astonishing amount of information and the members' insightful comments have been permanently lost too (AFAIK). To avoid this loss in the future and to help interested members save the knowledge from vanishing again, can we have a sticky pdf page where all discussions are posted as pdf format using ArmenT's software tool? May be make it the responsibility of the person who deletes the old thread and creates the new one to make a pdf and put it in the proposed sticky pdf thread.
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

While we regret the loss of valuable information in the process of cleaning up, these threads have been around for ages. ArmenT's tool also has been available for years. It's upto posters who are interested, to ensure they have offline backups of what is truly important to them. For example, I've a local copy of all the economy threads. The information is here, and the means to back it up is also available. Please use it.
Gus
BRF Oldie

Post by Gus »

so, did backup times improve?
Adrija
BRFite

Post by Adrija »

Re-posting

Mods, one question- how do students or generally those who are not working (e.g., retired, stay at home) become members- they do not have anything other than free email IDs

Any suggestions/ via media please?
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

For students, .edu emails are fine. For home residents, surely if they have internet, they also have an ISP-provided email ID ?
SRoy
BRFite

Post by SRoy »

Attn. RahulM,

To your query in PM to me.
The response unfortunately is no.