INS Vikramaditya: News and Discussion

The Military Issues & History Forum is a venue to discuss issues relating to the military aspects of the Indian Armed Forces, whether the past, present or future. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
ArjunPandit
BRF Oldie

Re: INS Vikramaditya: News and Discussion

Postby ArjunPandit » 14 Apr 2020 03:57

I hope navy takes adequate protection to prevent spread on ships and carrier... CDG and Theodore roosevelt had to be brought to shore..

arshyam
BRF Oldie

Postby arshyam » 14 Apr 2020 12:58

Rakesh wrote:Some interior and exterior pics of INS Vikramaditya

https://twitter.com/ThingNavy/status/12 ... 44706?s=20 --->

Very nice. Apparently, per the twitter thread, these are sailor accommodations. Much better than what I expected, given the Russian origin ship design, which traditionally doesn't provide good quarters for ORs (hot bunking, no separate mess, etc. as shown in our submarine documentaries)

I expect the Vikrant to be even better.

Philip
BRF Oldie

Postby Philip » 14 Apr 2020 14:34

The accommodation is far superior to that of the venerable Viraat!
Ru vessels today especialy their large N-subs have excellent crew quarters and facilities. Greater automation is one reason,plus the long UW patrols demand extra facilities. I think many US vessels have their unique feature,the ice-cream soda fountain!

Prithwiraj
BRFite

Postby Prithwiraj » 14 Apr 2020 17:29

The upper bunk berth reminds me of railway’s AC coaches. Most striking commonality is that netted magazine or book holder on the wall and reading light

Philip
BRF Oldie

Postby Philip » 05 May 2020 19:00

The light should be placed higher as it could hurt heads jumping to order when the alarm is given. It would be great if each berth has a built in video screen too,headphone jacks too for silent watching,part of a centralised system like Emirate's ICE on flights.
So much can be uploaded,watched.Technical manuals on various aspects of SOPs for the ship,apart from entertainment. CCTV coverage too which would be useful in rough weather,damage control,etc.

Return to “Military Issues & History Forum”