PAK-FA and FGFA: News & Discussion - June 2014

The Military Issues & History Forum is a venue to discuss issues relating to the military aspects of the Indian Armed Forces, whether the past, present or future. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Manish_P
BRF Oldie

Re: PAK-FA and FGFA: News & Discussion - June 2014

Postby Manish_P » 12 Aug 2020 21:29

Manish_Sharma wrote:Cross posted from Tejas thread:

MeshaVishwas wrote:For all the momeen concerned on the timelines:

https://twitter.com/UAC_Russia_eng/stat ... 87680?s=20

So definitely very good. Order more and get them faster.

^ With which engine?

Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Postby Aditya_V » 12 Aug 2020 21:36

Rakesh wrote:Back-and-forth on twitter between retired IAF pilots. I believe he is referring to Sqn Ldr Baldev Singh (retd). Posting the tweets in chronological order

Just one small question, is this Ret Air force pilot Vijender Thakur the same pilot Raghu Nambiar refers to as a Mig 25 pilot who flew a Mig 25 low and slow to get a high resolution picture of Batalik sector which made the Mantho Dhalo Air Raid possible?

Rakesh
Forum Moderator

Postby Rakesh » 12 Aug 2020 21:37

No.

Manish_Sharma
BRF Oldie

Postby Manish_Sharma » 12 Aug 2020 22:04

Manish_P wrote:
Manish_Sharma wrote:Cross posted from Tejas thread:

^ With which engine?

Project 30 is still being developed so it must be 117S

Cain Marko
BRF Oldie

Postby Cain Marko » 13 Aug 2020 23:55

Manish_Sharma wrote:
Manish_P wrote:
^ With which engine?

Project 30 is still being developed so it must be 117S

Probably. But even with the 117s, it is an absolute beast wrt TWR and achieves a climb rate of > 350m/s. Insane. I wonder what the climb rate will be with the izd30... :shock:

naird
BRFite

Postby naird » 14 Aug 2020 00:33

Aditya_V wrote:
Rakesh wrote:Back-and-forth on twitter between retired IAF pilots. I believe he is referring to Sqn Ldr Baldev Singh (retd). Posting the tweets in chronological order

Just one small question, is this Ret Air force pilot Vijender Thakur the same pilot Raghu Nambiar refers to as a Mig 25 pilot who flew a Mig 25 low and slow to get a high resolution picture of Batalik sector which made the Mantho Dhalo Air Raid possible?

No thats Wg Cdr PK Thakur.

gpurewal
BRFite -Trainee

Postby gpurewal » 14 Aug 2020 02:29

naird wrote:
Aditya_V wrote:

No thats Wg Cdr PK Thakur.

I think you mean PJ Thakur. When I searched for Wg Cdr PK Thakur, results regarding a retired IAF lady pilot came up. Could you PM me some information regarding the events for Batalik sector? I'm interested in that but, searching for that event only brings up a single sentence regarding Wg Cdr PJ Thakur being mentioned in dispatches.

Return to “Military Issues & History Forum”