srai wrote:Agree with some of the posters on time for India to invest heavily into the super-MKI MLU:
- Sensors -> AESA (L-band and X-band), IRST, HMS
- ECCM -> "SPECTRA"-type of integrated electronic warfare suite (long-range detection, identification and accurate localisation of RF/IR/Laser threats and their countermeasures, such as decoys and jamming)
- New Cockpit -> better data fusion
- Weapons -> new Long-ranged AAMs and AGMs/PGMs (multi-strike single pass)
- RCS/Signature reduction and airframe improvements -> engine blade masking, RAM coating, more composites
- Life-cycle management improvements -> localization of more parts and Performance Based Logistics (PBL)
Weapons. The existing ones need to be upgraded. Hopefully the Astra will be ordered in bulk by IAF in Mk1 itself to replace the RVV-AE as versus waiting for unobtainium.