Breaking news: Coast guard intercepted terrorist boat

The Military Issues & History Forum is a venue to discuss issues relating to the military aspects of the Indian Armed Forces, whether the past, present or future. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Sagar G
BRF Oldie

Re: Breaking news: Coast guard intercepted terrorist boat

Post by Sagar G »

chackojoseph wrote:CG contradiction, this time with name

Only 1 suspect visible, cops too had intel

(Indian Coast Guard commander (North West), Kuldip Singh) Sheoran claimed that the ICG ship had seen only one of the four suspects on board. He also said that the Coast Guard fired four warning shots on the boat, which did not return fire.

He said, “When warning shots were fired, the suspect was still on the deck. Unlike pirates, who usually fire back, they did not retaliate, but tried to mislead officers. The suspect appeared to be gauging the (Coast Guard) ship’s movements, and told the others to speed up.”

Sheoran said, “One of the suspects on board was found to have the same appearance as had been described in the intel input, wearing a T-shirt, jacket and shorts. His behaviour was suspicious — he was seen walking along the edge of the boat, looking around. He was not fishing, and there was no fishing net or boxes on board. The men on board were not fishermen, they were terror suspects. However, a proper investigation is going on.”

About the explosion on board, Sheoran said, “After we had covered them from the air and the sea, the suspects blew up the boat… suddenly a ball of fire rose into the air, and the boat was aflame.”

Direct contradiction to the first press release

Four persons were seen on the boat who disregarded all warnings by the Coast Guard ship to stop and cooperate with investigation. Soon thereafter, the crew hid themselves in below deck compartment and set the boat on fire, which resulted in explosion and major fire on the boat.
The actions of Mr. Chackojoseph gives one good insight regarding what happens to a person when he/she decides to go full retard just to further his/her personal agenda.

Note that nowhere in the article there is a direct quote from the named official regarding they only saw 1 suspect, this line of "discrepancy" comes from this single line in the article added by the author herself
Sheoran claimed that the ICG ship had seen only one of the four suspects on board.
Later from one of the direct quotes
Sheoran said, “One of the suspects on board was found to have the same appearance as had been described in the intel input, wearing a T-shirt, jacket and shorts. His behaviour was suspicious — he was seen walking along the edge of the boat, looking around. He was not fishing, and there was no fishing net or boxes on board. The men on board were not fishermen, they were terror suspects. However, a proper investigation is going on.”

About the explosion on board, Sheoran said, “After we had covered them from the air and the sea, the suspects blew up the boat… suddenly a ball of fire rose into the air, and the boat was aflame.”
It should be pretty clear unless you are grammatically challenged or agenda driven that there is more than one suspect and unlike what the title suggests Indian Coast Guard commander (North West), Kuldip Singh Sheoran said nothing confirming the same. Also from the article which was cleverly snipped out by Mr. Chackojoseph
“The intelligence network that informed us had also informed the Indian Navy and the Gujarat Police. Sensitive information of this kind will not be kept in isolation. The Navy was privy to it, and has been helping us in the operations. We were discreet about the operations as per orders from the Ministry of Defence,” Sheoran said.
So FUD is being shifted from "non cooperation" and "SoP" to "discrepancies".
chackojoseph
BRF Oldie

Post by chackojoseph »

kmkraoind wrote:Chackoji, we may believe your theory, but it should not be linked to anyway to Parveen Swami. If you have any other sources (other than Parveen), you can quote, if not, your are just baiting others for circular discussions.

Just see the track record of that bustard Parveen Swami and all of his past stories were hoax, yet you are believing him naively now and quoting him. Stop this madness please.
I have no connections with that guy. I even stopped a book review of his appearing in FI due to some anti forces nature. Rest assured, I will never fan his stupidity. I actually came to know about it only after reading this thread - I mean he knee jerked stating that it was not a terror boat.

On contrary, When I saw the release, with Pakistani boats etc, I understood there is going to be more that meets the eye. The release was full of less believable things. Especially 1 Paki boat being attended by just 1 Cg boat and NTRO (especially I understand the type of work they do). No navy,no R&AW etc?

Then as I read further (not speculations), I have posted my opinion here. I have also guestimated in some posts.

I really do not want to be seen in the heard that it was a terror boat etc. If this was a terror boat, which even govt is trying to ascertain now, it is good that we stopped it dead in tracks. Heart felt thanks to C and NTRO which went beyond the call. If it isn't terror boat, Let us fix some loose tongues. I do not want unnecessary fights with a country like Pakistan which thrives in death and mahem.

I could have chosen to not step into the thread. But then again it is not me to not put my opinion, if there, in discussions like this.

Patriotism is not about adding to the general rhetoric. It is actually to wait and watch and see if the country goes in right way. Situations like this is read in right perspective etc.
Sagar G
BRF Oldie

Post by Sagar G »

chackojoseph wrote:Patriotism is not about adding to the general rhetoric. It is actually to wait and watch and see if the country goes in right way. Situations like this is read in right perspective etc.
Follow your own advice Mr. Chackojoseph, wait and watch no. Why indulge in adding to FUD by quoting person(s) responsible for the same and then claiming that you have nothing to do with him ??? The general rhetoric is a media creation you should go back and see what the actual MoD release carries in it instead of taking a higher moral grandstanding.
member_28108
BRFite

Post by member_28108 »

Even if it is a smuggling operation - does that become condonable - have we also degenerated to good and bad terrorists and smugglers ?
kmkraoind
BRF Oldie

Post by kmkraoind »

chackojoseph wrote:On contrary, When I saw the release, with Pakistani boats etc, I understood there is going to be more that meets the eye. The release was full of less believable things. Especially 1 Paki boat being attended by just 1 Cg boat and NTRO (especially I understand the type of work they do). No navy,no R&AW etc?
I will give my theory (using just by common sense).
- NTRO and IN/CG came to know this TerrorBoat 1-2 days ahead.
- As we are listening to Pakis calls, Pakis might be listening to our calls too, so NTRO/RAW directed just 1 CG boat to the trouble spot and took every precaution to appear it as a normal patrol routine.
- Since they know (by radars or sat pictures) that there are just 1-2 trawler size boats, so they just deployed 1 CG boat/Dornier (later, because the bird can cover that distance in 1 hour, while any sea boat will take more than that). and they thought pressing IN for such thing is overkill and do not want to escalate the rhetoric by deploying a true Naval ship for tiny trawler boats.
- Even US knew the impending Pearl Harbor attack, but thinking that if they alert Pearl Harbor authorities, Japanese will listen too, so US never alerted the harbor and sent precious ships to high seas to make it a naval exercise.

Now come to this incident
- Why TerrorBoat has not surrendered when CG boat gave warnings and challenged it.
- I bet inhabitants of TerrorBoat have got at least a few minutes to alert Paki fishing authorities of impending situation.
- Now, neither Pakistan authorities or any fishing community in Pakistan have announced a missing fishing boat.
- See the size of the boat, its not big enough to carry 8-16 tons of diesel (each person got Rs. 5 lakhs for cargo right) .
- For a booze boat, to transfer maal (by hand) from one boat to another in rough seas GJ coast is totally insane. The bottles will break away.
- What is intent of Rs. 5 Lakh transfer to each person in that boat?
- Why Pakistan is disowning it.

Because.
- If not powerful explosives like RDX or C4, the TerrorBoat is carrying high value cargo (FICN or Drugs). Even then smugglers would face jail term, but why kill themselves.
- Because they are carrying some ammunitions like AKs, Grenades and most probably they are ferrying human terrorists to Indian soil.
- After Kasab incident, Pak is talking extra precautions, so that India would not get any evidence that will embarrass Pakis.

May be CG is not giving exact picture, i.e. minute to minute update, its because not to expose their methods, thats it. Just because CG is not giving exact picture, it does not mean that boat is not a TerrorBoat. If you value operational methods and its secrecy, then you would have not raised red flags.
Last edited by kmkraoind on 04 Jan 2015 16:56, edited 1 time in total.
vishvak
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by vishvak »

OT
I think we can use the details leaking out to spun romance or spread guilt thus:
My CT: 4 innocent grandmothers (see where is this going?)
1) Pakistan is very pious country, there is no smuggling of fuel or fake monies.
2) 4 innocent grandmothers wanted to catch some fish.
3) They bought a boat, loaded fishing nets and sailed out for the high seas.
4) 4 innocent grandmothers didn't know SoP followed by kufr.
6) The fishing nets fell into the sea, so they switched off lights. (makes no sense)
6) 4 innocent grandmothers moves their fishing boat in zigzag manner to avoid trouble.
7) Kufr CG however fired on the boat.
8) Since the fishing nets fell down, they couldn't do anything and never surrender to kufr so they burned the boat.

Wasn't there some story told about old woman or grandmother crossing the J&K border?
Runaway grandmother sparked savage skirmish on LoC
The emphasis was probably on how procedures are not followed (by India and pakis equal==equal) across border.
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

chackojoseph wrote:
kmkraoind wrote:Chackoji, we may believe your theory, but it should not be linked to anyway to Parveen Swami. If you have any other sources (other than Parveen), you can quote, if not, your are just baiting others for circular discussions.

Just see the track record of that bustard Parveen Swami and all of his past stories were hoax, yet you are believing him naively now and quoting him. Stop this madness please.
I have no connections with that guy. I even stopped a book review of his appearing in FI due to some anti forces nature. Rest assured, I will never fan his stupidity. I actually came to know about it only after reading this thread - I mean he knee jerked stating that it was not a terror boat.

On contrary, When I saw the release, with Pakistani boats etc, I understood there is going to be more that meets the eye. The release was full of less believable things. Especially 1 Paki boat being attended by just 1 Cg boat and NTRO (especially I understand the type of work they do). No navy,no R&AW etc?

Then as I read further (not speculations), I have posted my opinion here. I have also guestimated in some posts.

I really do not want to be seen in the heard that it was a terror boat etc. If this was a terror boat, which even govt is trying to ascertain now, it is good that we stopped it dead in tracks. Heart felt thanks to C and NTRO which went beyond the call. If it isn't terror boat, Let us fix some loose tongues. I do not want unnecessary fights with a country like Pakistan which thrives in death and mahem.

I could have chosen to not step into the thread. But then again it is not me to not put my opinion, if there, in discussions like this.

Patriotism is not about adding to the general rhetoric. It is actually to wait and watch and see if the country goes in right way. Situations like this is read in right perspective etc.
please chacko this is getting disingenuous.

a) did the govt at any time say this was provided by NTRO with no involvement of other agencies ?
here's the PIB release http://pib.nic.in/newsite/mbErel.aspx?relid=114289
the acronym NTRO doesn't even appear here. you are using other media reports as source to beat the agencies/govt, the so-called sabrina-salman method.

b) given the expected threat level posed by a fishing boat (whether carrying terrorists/smugglers or not) the navy does not need to involve itself. India's maritime security structure doesn't mandate the navy to execute policing in its EEZ unless the job is beyond the CG's capability. surely it's not your contention that the CG is incapable of handling a couple of fishing boats ? I mean the ICG is there for a reason right ?

why else should we keep a CG if even fishing trawlers need the navy ?

If you understood knew *anything* at all about India's maritime security structure post 26/11 you would have understood this was as by the rulebook as it gets. the navy acted with maturity and let its smaller sister service earn its keep. they didn't act like a parade horse, no inter-services rivalry, all in all excellent professionalism all around. (except the journalists)
chackojoseph
BRF Oldie

Post by chackojoseph »

I appreciate all the views. However, I look at the way I see it and understand.
member_20317
BRF Oldie

Post by member_20317 »

chackojoseph ji,

Re.
First report - Four persons were seen on the boat who disregarded all warnings by the Coast Guard ship
vs.
New report - Indian Coast Guard commander (North West), Kuldip Singh) Sheoran claimed that the ICG ship had seen only one of the four suspects on board.

How are these 2 sentences contradictory. People report what they see. What they don't see they don't report. As Confucius said: 'bell ring as many times as you strike it, else it not ring'.

That does not imply that one person's report is the whole truth. In your own case there would be people on BRF who would think you have a great handle on the truth. Despite all the pillorying arguments of your side have received till now. If truth can be multifarious in case of reporting undertaken by Defence journalism community, then surely in a far more challenging atmosphere but with far more reliable instruments the truth has to be that much more multidimensional.

There is a Donier above that is easily capable of seeing and distinguishing and counting the number of person sized targets they see. Unfortunately they cannot see the name of the fishing trawler. Reality also is that they are able to see not just the persons but also see what they are wearing and are able to co-relate with the given inputs.

Ok sorry that last line was too fast on the trigger. Sorry about that.
SanjayC
BRFite

Post by SanjayC »

A suspicious Paki boat illegally entered Indian waters, Indian Coast Guard gave chase, and the boat sank, taking all Pakis down with it. Now, what I can't understand is, what is the need to hair-split and discuss this endlessly by these so-called journalists in the hope that the Government is caught on the wrong foot somewhere or somebody somewhere contradicts some statement of someone else? I can't understand this pathology and hatred of India among some self-claimed journalists. For whose benefit is all this being done as the Indian public does not gain from this in any way? Journalists have to work for the benefit of the race and country, not the other way round -- this is something that the Western and even Paki media very well understands. There is no sense of nationalism in our journalists - they are like monkeys with razors. While Gandhi brought the house down with his insistence on non-violence at all costs, these "journalists" want to bring the house down with truth at all costs. What happened to this quest for truth when Sonia G was ruling for ten years?
Comer
BRF Oldie

Post by Comer »

ravi_g wrote:People report what they see. What they don't see they don't report. As Confucius said: 'bell ring as many times as you strike it, else it not ring'.

That does not imply that one person's report is the whole truth. In your own case there would be people on BRF who would think you have a great handle on the truth. Despite all the pillorying arguments of your side have received till now.
This is exactly what bugs me about the journalism about this particular story. Journalists are supposed to know more than the reader and sift the evidence to provide information. It could be different from the actuality, but if those evidences are the only ones the journalists have, inspite of their best efforts, it could be excused.
But in this case, the FUD was beginning to get planted on twitter, TV and then on print about this episode on flimsiest of grounds. A journalist should be cynical but that should eventually be backed by actual evidence than some opinions or hunch. Otherwise why plant such idea on people and then begin to find stuff that fit the pattern. Wait till you could corroborate before airing your views.
Peregrine
BRF Oldie

Breaking news: Coast guard intercepted terrorist boat

Post by Peregrine »

Coast Guard freed LeT men after taking cash

NEW DELHI: Friday's attempt by suspected Pakistani terrorists to enter Indian waters off Gujarat coast has heightened security concerns, particularly in view of a recent failed attempt by al-Qaida to hijack Pakistani frigates PNS Aslat and PNS Zulfikar at Karachi in September last year.

But this was not the first time that Pakistan had attempted to infiltrate terrorists through the sea route. The perpetrators of 26/11 terror attack too had come from Karachi through the sea route. Many such infiltrations have been reported before and after the Mumbai attack.

Almost a year before 26/11, TOI had reported (in its edition dated April 12, 2007) how eight LeT terrorists had come from Karachi through the sea route and were intercepted by the Coast Guard off Mumbai coast but were let off for a "consideration".

Two of the eight terrorists were held in Rajouri following an Intelligence Bureau operation in March that year. The duo had travelled from Diu to Mumbai-Delhi-Chandigarh-Rajouri and was helped by a dozen other local operatives who functioned as their guides. The six others remained untraceable.

The two terrorists — Abdul Majid Rain from Sindh and Jameel Ahmed Awan from Abbotabad — later told their interrogators that they were motivated by speeches of LeT founder Hafiz Saeed and commander Azam Cheema. The two leaders had told them to fight "excesses" against Muslims in J&K and elsewhere in India.

Both were enrolled in LeT in 2003, four years before they were launched into India and were given arms training in PoK and shown CDs of "atrocities of security forces" on Muslims.

Before being launched into India, the two LeT terrorists reported to the "supply camp" of LeT in Muzaffarabad along with six others. Each member was paid Rs 10,000 in cash besides a consignment for their Indian network. They travelled from Muzaffarabad to Karachi and were taken to the high seas and handed over to two boatmen on the Indian side.

The boat later developed a snag when the Indian guide Abbas contacted Coast Guard and shifted them to their interceptor vessel. Though all the eight terrorists were interrogated on the ship by Coast Guard officials, the two arrested told investigators that all eight were let off at Diu after officials took away all their cash.

At Diu they were received by one Sameer and Tariq. Sameer arranged fake identity cards for the eight LeT terrorists and escorted them to Mumbai by train. Here the group was divided into sub groups for their onward journey

Cheers Image
SanjayC
BRFite

Post by SanjayC »

^^^ I remember reading this report. The coast guard officials were traced, dismissed from job and arrested.
deejay
Forum Moderator

Post by deejay »

^^^ So this news article is to spray dirt on the CG credibility when this new incident has happened.
member_20317
BRF Oldie

Post by member_20317 »

The tip off about the boats came from US intel - India TV.

Does that change anything for the doubter?

And if it does then why?
fanne
BRF Oldie

Post by fanne »

Guys we can probably stop the speculation on diesel price smuggling. Knowing the average iq of an Indian journalist, I knew I can find a smoking gun to easily discredit this diesel smuggling story. Yes they goofed up on a small fact. Diesel is costlier in NAPakistan. On dec 29 it was more than a US dollar while in India it was less. See links below. Now tell me what stupid smuggler will buy diesel at a higher price and smuggle to sell it at a lower price!! Exchange rate is 1 US dollar to 63 INR

http://www.globalpetrolprices.com/Pakis ... el_prices/
http://www.mypetrolprice.com/3/Diesel-price-in-Mumbai
krishna_krishna
BRFite

Post by krishna_krishna »

Only smart journos like chakojoseph (PBUH) think that they might be diesel smugglers, pindi channa smugglers, thai peanut smugglers but nothing harmful
Chandragupta
BRF Oldie

Post by Chandragupta »

chackojoseph wrote:The release was full of less believable things. Especially 1 Paki boat being attended by just 1 Cg boat and NTRO (especially I understand the type of work they do). No navy,no R&AW etc?
Good to know somebody has similar thoughts to mine, chhakko ji. I was also wondering why onlee 1 CG boat and NTRO? What about Army & Air Force? Not to forget Navy. Also RAW and IB - what were they doing? And what about Bihar Police? Oops I forgot they don't like to take custody of Paki terrorists. No evil communal Gujarat police too.

There is definitely more than meets the eye. :((
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

ravi_g wrote:The tip off about the boats came from US intel - India TV.

And if it does then why?
Now *IF* whiter than white massa is involved I *might* be persuaded to change my opinion BUT if it was wholly an SDRE ops tough luck my friends.

SDRE especially the yindoo Modi variety don't impress me. They are out to sell my *Idea of India* down the drain and I will do my utmost to pull them down. I can assure you that I will not allow FACTS to cloud my thinking or come in my way.
krishna_krishna
BRFite

Yes truth only comes out from whiter than milk friends , not from evil yindoo CG
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

fanne wrote:Guys we can probably stop the speculation on diesel price smuggling. Knowing the average iq of an Indian journalist, I knew I can find a smoking gun to easily discredit this diesel smuggling story. Yes they goofed up on a small fact. Diesel is costlier in NAPakistan. On dec 29 it was more than a US dollar while in India it was less. See links below. Now tell me what stupid smuggler will buy diesel at a higher price and smuggle to sell it at a lower price!! Exchange rate is 1 US dollar to 63 INR

http://www.globalpetrolprices.com/Pakis ... el_prices/
http://www.mypetrolprice.com/3/Diesel-price-in-Mumbai
fanne ji, tera !@#!@$#@$ (for not calling me too long).

Seriously speaking these journo got the good bamboo this time.
krishna_krishna
BRFite

Yes there is definitely more than what meets the evil yindoo blue eyes!!!
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

pankajs wrote:
ravi_g wrote:The tip off about the boats came from US intel - India TV.

And if it does then why?
Now *IF* whiter than white massa is involved I *might* be persuaded to change my opinion BUT if it was wholly an SDRE ops tough luck my friends.

SDRE especially the yindoo Modi variety don't impress me. They are out to sell my *Idea of India* down the drain and I will do my utmost to pull them down. I can assure you that I will not allow FACTS to cloud my thinking or come in my way.
The next spin will be " see I told you the Italian Navalmen who shot actually were helping India in stopping smuggling and we should release them. This whole Arabian sea and Indian ocean are all thick with smugglers and US, western European navies are helping SDRE navy ".
member_20317
BRF Oldie

Post by member_20317 »

Surprising thing is the Do228 apparently has a 7.62 mm machine gun and thus was fully capable of doing the same as is the ICG ship is essentially being 'accused' of.

Wonder why the Do228 was not blamed?

Had an 'encounter killing' been the intention there is nothing to stop that from happening and being kept hidden. But somehow Pravin Swamy can see more than what everybody else is capable of. And the dumb idiot finds support from a Track-2 Shooklaw whose estimates of 71 BD genocide somehow ends up matching those of the amerikhan deniers.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/cong ... 11364.html

Congress speaking like Pakistan spokesperson: BJP on boat incident
Patra said there is no difference between the voices of spokespersons of Pakistan and Congress.

"Today the voice of Congress, the principal opposition party of India, is lending credence to the Pakistani stand. One cannot differentiate between the voices of the Congress spokespersons and the Pakistani spokespersons," he said.

Patra maintained that by doing so, Congress has yet again supplied ammunition to Pakistan. "When the tragic 26/11 (attack) took place, Congress spoke out of turn and pointed fingers towards RSS. When the Batla House incident took place, Soniaji shed tears on the death of the terrorists and the former External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid had said so."

He said, "None other than (then) Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde, in the presence of Congress President and Rahul Gandhi, had spoken about saffron terror.

"Is this the way of raising doubt over matters concerning national security? Weren't there more mature ways for calling for the details? Don't they have faith on the Indian intelligence, Indian Coast Guard and the Indian government?" he asked.
I think recalling Sonia's tears on the death of terrorists at Batla house is the best offense. It was after-all recounted by former EAM Salman Khurshid.
Last edited by pankajs on 04 Jan 2015 19:08, edited 1 time in total.
Rishi
Forum Moderator

Post by Rishi »

TV reports of Pakis "abducting" two Indian fishing boats with 12 crew
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

chackojoseph wrote:I appreciate all the views. However, I look at the way I see it and understand.
In short, facts be darned. Only curse the current GOI because it is run by eebil yindutva Modi. :rotfl: :rotfl:
abhijitm
BRF Oldie

Post by abhijitm »

Intriguing... how usual "journalist" suspects co-ordinate attack on Indian security forces. Luckily we live in information age where journalism has almost lost its value and purpose. We don't need them anymore, we should not entertain them beyond their aukat and smell every piece of garbage they throw at us. This is not a productive job for the nation, they don't add any contribution in nation's GDP, it does not appear in nation's circle of economy, and hardly contribute to nation's intellectual or entertainment property. Eventually this profession must die. Society will find a way to demolish this menace.

Anyway. I hearty congratulate ICG and commend the way they acted. You keep our families safe and only thing I have to show is gratitude. Zero tolerance is what this society wants. Even if you have smallest of doubt in your mind, go and blast them. Don't even pay attention to those who try to demoralise you. Entire nation is behind you and will always support you. And even in some cases if you make a mistake in your judgement, it's OKAY. We as the nation understand. We have got our priorities straight.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

krishna_krishna wrote:Yes there is definitely more than what meets the evil yindoo blue eyes!!!
Diesel is usually purchased from willing/corrupt tanker/barge captains off the mumbai coast and that is sold by the smugglers for a lesser cost. Bringing 16+ odd tons of diesel all the way from pakiland for sale in India
is not making any economic sense.

definitely black lentils
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Karan M wrote:
chackojoseph wrote:I appreciate all the views. However, I look at the way I see it and understand.
In short, facts be darned. Only curse the current GOI because it is run by eebil yindutva Modi. :rotfl: :rotfl:

Its the media houses that should be broken. The jurno randirudallis are just parasites feeding off the host.

Start by investigating chidambaram pasand rundeeTV for tax evasion and other known law breakings and arrest a few randis.

Move on the national herald case. Don't do a brajesh mishra on this golden opportunity.
Akshay Kapoor
Forum Moderator

Post by Akshay Kapoor »

You know Chacko (PBUY) people like you are fast becoming both exposed and irrelevant. Exposed in your blood lust to see Indian blood shed and your complicity with the enemy and irrelevant that you so called journos are unimportant in either disseminating info or forming opinions anymore. You say in a comment above 'I don't want unnecessary wars with Pakistan' . ie you an unelected small time journalist will now decide national policy of 1.2 billion people. You will decide what action our forces should take or not ? Will you also decide what I should have for dinner and who I should date ?

This is the arrogance of people like you who have brought disrepute to a noble profession.

You have prostituted your profession so much that you have consigned yourself into the dust bin of history.

Good riddance.
Last edited by Akshay Kapoor on 04 Jan 2015 20:21, edited 4 times in total.
wig
BRF Oldie

Post by wig »

i hope the abducted Indian fisherfolk return safe and sound to their homes
Pakistan abducts two boats with 12 Indian fishermen
Four days after a Pakistani boat self-imploded 365km off Porbandar coast, Pakistan Marine Security Agency abducted two fishing boats-Jhuelal and Jalaram- with 12 fishermen from International Maritime Boundary Line off Kutch in Arabian Sea on Saturday night.
According to ManishLodhari, fishermen association leader from Porbandar, they received a message from fishermen about the abduction of the boats by Pakistan agency but are awaiting confirmation.
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/indi ... 751514.cms
Aditya G
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya G »

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/indi ... =TOI_AShow
NEW DELHI: Around a fortnight before a suspect Pakistani boat blew itself up after an hour-long chase by Indian Coast Guard, a mysterious fishing boat found abandoned off the Gujarat coast had created a ripple within the intelligence establishment.

According to intelligence sources, the alleged Pakistani fishing boat was found empty 10-15 days back, floating in the Arabian Sea off the Gujarat coastline. Not only were there no men on board, but no item of interest or equipment was found on the vessel, making agencies wary if it was abandoned by a group of infiltrating terrorists before they shifted to another vessel and possibly made their way to the Indian coast for a possible terror act here.

"The Coast Guard as well as states like Gujarat and Maharashtra were alerted to keep an eye in the Indian waters as well as along the coastline, and track any suspicious movement," said an official.
Aditya G
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya G »

Anyone notice the "eye of sauron"? Its likely the SX-16P search light:

http://www.spectrolab.com/DataSheets/SX ... _Craft.pdf

Funny how we ignore the basics. The Dornier crew must be highly skilled.
kmkraoind
BRF Oldie

Post by kmkraoind »

Did Coast Guard have any choice but to follow SOPs?

Hope it clears some of doubts of Chackoji.
member_23694
BRFite

Post by member_23694 »

the most dangerous thing for the country in the current time seems to be trying to score points at the cost of national
interest by anyone. Freedom of speech and the freedom to ask questions is being exploited left right and centre at the
cost of national interest and honestly some discipline and redline has to be drawn.
No wonder the current government has fewer media interaction.
vasu raya
BRFite

Post by vasu raya »

kmkraoind wrote:- As we are listening to Pakis calls, Pakis might be listening to our calls too, so NTRO/RAW directed just 1 CG boat to the trouble spot and took every precaution to appear it as a normal patrol routine.
this is probably why Navy appeared as though it wasn't involved. That 4 don't do terrorism comment could mean terrorists critical mass for a strike is >=10? multiple boats were involved, different timings and landing spots and a rendezvous inland before the 26th? but their TTL seems to be just 1 day as far as 26/11 goes, while in J&K after infiltration they do lie low and wait sometimes.
deejay
Forum Moderator

Post by deejay »

Aditya G wrote:Anyone notice the "eye of sauron"? Its likely the SX-16P search light:

Funny how we ignore the basics. The Dornier crew must be highly skilled.
Somebody else noticed. Wow!.

I have trialled the SX-16 search light long back and the trials created quite a stir in the local DDM. Good, folks caught it. I was almost sure that it must be the SX-16.

It is good to know our boys on the seas are vigilant.

The light though is being shown from the CG vessel tower and could be another version.
deejay
Forum Moderator

Post by deejay »

vasu raya wrote:
kmkraoind wrote:- As we are listening to Pakis calls, Pakis might be listening to our calls too, so NTRO/RAW directed just 1 CG boat to the trouble spot and took every precaution to appear it as a normal patrol routine.
this is probably why Navy appeared as though it wasn't involved. That 4 don't do terrorism comment could mean terrorists critical mass for a strike is >=10? multiple boats were involved, different timings and landing spots and a rendezvous inland before the 26th? but their TTL seems to be just 1 day as far as 26/11 goes, while in J&K after infiltration they do lie low and wait sometimes.
I think for the soosai lot it will be mission based. Mumbai was reach and launch. Elsewhere, they might wait for the right time.
Philip
BRF Oldie

Post by Philip »

This report needs further accurate input ,as it asks a vital Q about the lack of info to the IN.Sounds strange.

http://zeenews.india.com/news/india/bom ... 24680.html
Zee Media Bureau

New Delhi: In a startling revealation, the four suicide attackers travelling in the mysterious boat which exploded after being intercepted by the Indian Coast Guard in the Arabian Sea, wanted to reportedly target naval vessels.
The suicide attackers wanted to attack naval vessels in Porbandar, as per news reports.

The incident took place on the intervening night of December 31 and January 1 after Indian Coast Guard got suspicious as the crew members were not dressed as fishermen and were not carrying nets.

The Indian Coast Guard received inputs at around 8:30 am on December 31 about the suspicious boat.

When they intercepted the boat, the occupants set it on fire causing it to explode about 365 km off the coast of Porbander in the Arabian Sea.

The authorities were looking for the search of the wreckage of the mysterious boat which will be crucial for investigators to reach a conclusion about their intent.

The Coast Guard has increased vigilance along the Gujarat coast after the boat incident and also in view of the two upcoming high-profile events here - Pravasi Bharatiya Divas and Vibrant Gujarat Summit.

Pravasi Bharatiya Divas will be held from January 7-9 and Vibrant Gujarat Summit from January 11-13.

(With PTI Inputs)
The recent report about the IN wanting to beef up its Porbandar presence is oerhaps why the attempted terror attack was planned.Two reasons,to hit rthe IN hard before our defences were in place and an attack in Gujarat,PM Modi's home state. I would wish that the GOI send a v. strong message that any terror attacks perpetrated in Gujarat would get an immediate response anywhere on the Paki coast, especially Sindh/Karachi .
http://www.hindustantimes.com/india-new ... 03103.aspx
Why navy didn't use UAV squadron against Pak boat
Presley Thomas, Hindustan Times Mumbai, January 04, 2015
First Published: 00:37 IST(4/1/2015) |

A vital asset – one closest to the scene of the dramatic December 31 Coast Guard operation – that could have helped identify and elicit more information about the ‘terror’ boat was with the Navy’s Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) squadron at Porbandar. Yet, on December 31, the squadron had no information whatsoever nor was it pressed into action even after the National Technical Research Organisation (NTRO) tracked a communication between a Karachi-based handler and crewmembers of a boat said to be carrying terror operatives from Pakistan.

If sources in the Navy’s Western Command are to be believed there was little information available to them to launch an operation similar to the one carried out by the Coast Guard on December 31.

Indian Navy's Heron UAV. The UAV present at INAS 343, Porbandar was not pressed into action. (HT Photo)

INAS 343 – the UAV base – when commissioned at Porbandar in January 2011 was considered to be a shot in the arm for the Indian Navy considering Karachi’s proximity, about 450 kilometres from Porbandar, and particularly the presence of Pakistan’s Special Services Group (SSG) in the Pakistani city.

The UAV squadron with Israeli Herons and Searcher MK-II was well suited to carrying out a reconnaissance, identifying and even intercepting any further calls being made by the crew of the ‘terror’ boat that sank about 356 kilometres off the Porbandar coast. Though one of the UAVs had crashed in November last year, the Navy had three more capable of gathering both electronic and imagery intelligence. Navy sources said that the Searcher MK-II – a third generation UAV – is equipped with a sophisticated electro optic camera and with equipment to gather communication intelligence (COMINT).

The NTRO-Coast Guard operation also raises serious questions about the standard operating procedures laid down by the cabinet committee on coastal security (CCCS) after the 26/11 Mumbai terror strike. To avoid a fiasco of the magnitude of 26/11, the CCCS had appointed the Indian Navy as the nodal agency for coastal security. The decision saw INS Angre in Mumbai being designated as the Joint Operations Centre (JOC) for the western maritime frontier.

Hotlines to coordinate with various agencies, and state-of-the-art rapid messaging service technology to communicate with ships were installed to thwart any threat in real time. The JOC (West) was to operate under the command Flag Officer Commanding-in-Chief (FOC-in-C) of the Western Naval Command.

“If the JOC was alerted about any such actionable intelligence, the Navy would have definitely moved its assets,” said a navy official, requesting anonymity. The criticality of the region, the unresolved border issues near Sir Creek coupled with Pakistan’s escalation of firing on the Line of Control (LoC) had seen the Western Command deploy its assets in the region, the official said.

Video: Pak boat blows itself up after being intercepted by coast guard