Breaking news: Coast guard intercepted terrorist boat

The Military Issues & History Forum is a venue to discuss issues relating to the military aspects of the Indian Armed Forces, whether the past, present or future. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie
Posts: 9853
Joined: 11 Aug 2016 06:14

Re: Breaking news: Coast guard intercepted terrorist boat

Postby UlanBatori » 07 Jan 2015 03:38

This is absolutely accurate - in fact the initial operation started even before 'a fortnight'. There is a big fear now in an agency that the intel channel has been exposed - similar to Musharraf recordings during Kargil. Lets wait and see.


This is the curious aspect to me: Is India's intel establishment so maturity-challenged that they would give out real info on intel channels just because some papparrazzi oiseaule provokes them? If so, there is a huge problem. I hope this is not the case - that the Official Secrets Act is taken seriously.

I suspect that the moment the chase started, it was evident to the Pakis that their operation was blown. Were the Pakis out of radio range with their masters? Aren't there satphones these days? What about the "Pak Navy radio" that was claimed recovered - isn't that evidence that they were in contact with TSPN? I don't know why it was necessary to reveal that the "10 lakh vs. 4 lakh" haggling was intercepted - unless that was disinformation.

All the rest is rumor and speculation. Are the CG crew really allowed to talk to media about an operation?

partha
BRF Oldie
Posts: 3882
Joined: 02 Jul 2010 15:25

Re: Breaking news: Coast guard intercepted terrorist boat

Postby partha » 07 Jan 2015 03:44

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Spurt-in-terror-alerts-from-US-ahead-of-Barack-Obamas-India-visit/articleshow/45769250.cms
Spurt in terror alerts from US ahead of Barack Obama’s India visit

NEW DELHI: A flurry of intelligence alerts have been flowing from foreign agencies to their Indian counterparts in recent weeks, according to sources in the security establishment.

The most noticeable trend in recent weeks is the sudden spurt in intelligence sharing by US agencies. Most of it has to do with a range of possible terror threats to India. Some officials believe that this sudden surge in foreign inputs started after President Barack Obama's trip to India as the chief guest at the Republic Day parade on January 26 was announced in November. Prime Minister Narendra Modi formally announced the invitation to Obama on November 21.

Could terror boat intel have come from US agencies? This article could also be a plant by our agencies to make it look like that.

shyamd
BRF Oldie
Posts: 6717
Joined: 08 Aug 2006 18:43

Re: Breaking news: Coast guard intercepted terrorist boat

Postby shyamd » 07 Jan 2015 04:17

ramana wrote:Pravin 'Doubting' Swami is trying to make a Shorabuddin encounter case with the terrorist boat. That is where he is coming from.

Pravin wasn't the only one peddling that line. Even normally 'clean' journos were peddling the same line using their sources. What does that mean?

Pravin and others were only repeating what was told to them by official(s) of a certain agency. Ego problems maybe? The culprit was a mil source.

Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie
Posts: 9861
Joined: 20 Jun 2011 04:36

Re: Breaking news: Coast guard intercepted terrorist boat

Postby Vayutuvan » 07 Jan 2015 04:18

UlanBatori wrote:I don't know why it was necessary to reveal that the "10 lakh vs. 4 lakh" haggling was intercepted - unless that was disinformation.

Increase the cost to ISI? New recruits might start asking ISI for 10 lakhs or ask them to walk. You see, these pakistani terrorista are Confucian and follw the age old dictum - confucius says "Money talk$ - BS walks".

shyamd
BRF Oldie
Posts: 6717
Joined: 08 Aug 2006 18:43

Re: Breaking news: Coast guard intercepted terrorist boat

Postby shyamd » 07 Jan 2015 04:22

NSA and PM are on a rampage against idiot officials who are leaking info without authorisation. Those gaps will soon be plugged when the OSA is used. dont worry

KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie
Posts: 3519
Joined: 17 Aug 2005 13:06

Re: Breaking news: Coast guard intercepted terrorist boat

Postby KLNMurthy » 07 Jan 2015 04:23

UlanBatori wrote:
This is absolutely accurate - in fact the initial operation started even before 'a fortnight'. There is a big fear now in an agency that the intel channel has been exposed - similar to Musharraf recordings during Kargil. Lets wait and see.


This is the curious aspect to me: Is India's intel establishment so maturity-challenged that they would give out real info on intel channels just because some papparrazzi oiseaule provokes them? If so, there is a huge problem. I hope this is not the case - that the Official Secrets Act is taken seriously.

I suspect that the moment the chase started, it was evident to the Pakis that their operation was blown. Were the Pakis out of radio range with their masters? Aren't there satphones these days? What about the "Pak Navy radio" that was claimed recovered - isn't that evidence that they were in contact with TSPN? I don't know why it was necessary to reveal that the "10 lakh vs. 4 lakh" haggling was intercepted - unless that was disinformation.

All the rest is rumor and speculation. Are the CG crew really allowed to talk to media about an operation?

My guess: the protocols for security forces to communicate with media are a shambolic mess and indeed, the service members do end up revealing operational information in an effort to justify themselves to media and political figures whose only qualification for asking questions seems to be attitude.

It is less a question of maturity than a matter of ingrained institutional culture.

Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie
Posts: 9861
Joined: 20 Jun 2011 04:36

Re: Breaking news: Coast guard intercepted terrorist boat

Postby Vayutuvan » 07 Jan 2015 04:29

KLNM: I can understand justification to the Govt. (or whatever the concerned parliamentary committee that has the oversight? What is standing the press have? If they are stonewalled, what the heck can they do?

SaiK
BRF Oldie
Posts: 36072
Joined: 29 Oct 2003 12:31
Location: NowHere

Re: Breaking news: Coast guard intercepted terrorist boat

Postby SaiK » 07 Jan 2015 04:55

I have a feeling the massans keep scratching paki backs, and they have hinted some huge deals when Ombaba to meet us on RD parade! There is also a significant feeling that they have been sidelined, and might seek huge parity.. now, the massans would have already provided certain indications.. pakis have to engage, and bhakras like swami are in the net now. It would hard to prove that swami was really scratched from back or front, but his brain has a definite scratch. Once Ombaba-Modi sign up some big deals, then Ombaba will have to throw some bones to pakis to chew on.. or else, more swamis and laws will be broken further.

I would say having studied the pattern now, it is better to beef up based on such signature for future. Why not planned strike, by evaluating these patterns. A well defined pattern will put us in auto-engagement mode.. few kills off the yellow seas, and a fist full of $moolahs on the deal side. A different form of bartering and trading that brenton wood would not have thought! :)

UlanBatori
BRF Oldie
Posts: 9853
Joined: 11 Aug 2016 06:14

Re: Breaking news: Coast guard intercepted terrorist boat

Postby UlanBatori » 07 Jan 2015 06:10

So the issue now is that 2 Indian fishing boats and crew have been abducted by Paki pirates. Time for a visit to Karachi harbor garbage incineration dump by a few mijjile boats? They don't learn unless the pain in da musharraf becomes more than what they get usually after a visit from the friendly American Drones.

chetak
BRF Oldie
Posts: 17710
Joined: 16 May 2008 12:00

Re: Breaking news: Coast guard intercepted terrorist boat

Postby chetak » 07 Jan 2015 06:20

UlanBatori wrote:So the issue now is that 2 Indian fishing boats and crew have been abducted by Paki pirates. Time for a visit to Karachi harbor garbage incineration dump by a few mijjile boats? They don't learn unless the pain in da musharraf becomes more than what they get usually after a visit from the friendly American Drones.


UBji,

This will soon be followed by the Indians taking custody of two paki boats for trespassing into Indian waters. This is an old on going game.

UlanBatori
BRF Oldie
Posts: 9853
Joined: 11 Aug 2016 06:14

Re: Breaking news: Coast guard intercepted terrorist boat

Postby UlanBatori » 07 Jan 2015 06:30

Those poor guys get tortured in Paki jails for years. Time to end this nonsense.

chetak
BRF Oldie
Posts: 17710
Joined: 16 May 2008 12:00

Re: Breaking news: Coast guard intercepted terrorist boat

Postby chetak » 07 Jan 2015 07:10

UlanBatori wrote:Those poor guys get tortured in Paki jails for years. Time to end this nonsense.


This is realpolitik.

This is the price of having the pakis/bangladeshies as neighbors and having an embedded kandle kissing brigade of traitors with their aman ki asha poison.

This is always how the brainless apologists have undercut the Hindu civilization from times immemorial.

Gagan
BRF Oldie
Posts: 11005
Joined: 16 Apr 2008 22:25

Re: Breaking news: Coast guard intercepted terrorist boat

Postby Gagan » 07 Jan 2015 07:48

Praveen swami is only replacing that US citizen TOI reporter as massa's mouthpiece.

I think before massa's visit to India, the farmaan from the US embassy is to bail out Pakis at all costs.
Massa is prolly preparing for an == , as SaiK says 'bone to be thrown Pakistan fauj's way' after Ombaba's visit.

That bone is likely to be Curry-Langoor, 532 million for 420-giri. Massa must have asked them to rein in all their Jihadis for a while, until langoor's tranches are deposited. Thus this urgency at letting loose this swami guy, who's really clutching at whatever straw he can, to let the Pakis escape.

This is a good opportunity to watch all the massa drones in concerted action - from Congressis to mediawallahs, who are all marching to a tune played by the massa embassy in dilli.

Gagan
BRF Oldie
Posts: 11005
Joined: 16 Apr 2008 22:25

Re: Breaking news: Coast guard intercepted terrorist boat

Postby Gagan » 07 Jan 2015 07:50

Pakis want to do some terror in India.
It is unlikely to be anything that even vaguely touches Ombaba or any massa person.

But they want to hurt Modi.
So they'll go and try to target anything that is considered close to Modi.

All the Pakis in the media are scared shitless of modi coming into power. Even Mushy is crying hoarse - WTF does it ever matter to him who's India's PM hain ji? But no, these bums all are scared of Modi, because they sense that the long due thappad that they've always worried is coming their way, and cried wolf about, might actually be delivered to them.

Like the Pravasi Bharatiya divas in Gujarat, and so on...

SSridhar
Forum Moderator
Posts: 23128
Joined: 05 May 2001 11:31
Location: Chennai

Re: Breaking news: Coast guard intercepted terrorist boat

Postby SSridhar » 07 Jan 2015 08:59

shyamd wrote:Pravin wasn't the only one peddling that line. Even normally 'clean' journos were peddling the same line using their sources. What does that mean?

Pravin and others were only repeating what was told to them by official(s) of a certain agency. Ego problems maybe? The culprit was a mil source.

Certainly, somebody is feeding information to Praveen Swami. I am not sure if it is an Indian or somebody else. For example, he is giving the name of the boat as 'Qalandhar' and the names of the terrorists on the boat as one Baloch, a Bizenjo and others. From where did he get them? Either these names were known, through intercepts by the NTRO, to Indian agencies and somebody there is leaking to Swami or his sources are outside of our country.

But, Praveen Swami's case should not be mixed up with those of others who are also questioning the actions of GoI, CG. Some are prompted by their aversion to Modi (like The Hindu), some are prompted by their aversion to 'right-wing Hindutwa groups' etc., IMHO.

krishna_krishna
BRFite
Posts: 653
Joined: 23 Oct 2006 04:14

Re: Breaking news: Coast guard intercepted terrorist boat

Postby krishna_krishna » 07 Jan 2015 09:21

Gagan wrote:Praveen swami is only replacing that US citizen TOI reporter as massa's mouthpiece.

I think before massa's visit to India, the farmaan from the US embassy is to bail out Pakis at all costs.
Massa is prolly preparing for an == , as SaiK says 'bone to be thrown Pakistan fauj's way' after Ombaba's visit.

That bone is likely to be Curry-Langoor, 532 million for 420-giri. Massa must have asked them to rein in all their Jihadis for a while, until langoor's tranches are deposited. Thus this urgency at letting loose this swami guy, who's really clutching at whatever straw he can, to let the Pakis escape.

This is a good opportunity to watch all the massa drones in concerted action - from Congressis to mediawallahs, who are all marching to a tune played by the massa embassy in dilli.


+1....

eklavya
BRFite
Posts: 1760
Joined: 16 Nov 2004 23:57

Re: Breaking news: Coast guard intercepted terrorist boat

Postby eklavya » 07 Jan 2015 09:49

Sid wrote:Excellent job by security agencies. I have not seen this level of coordination and execution between multiple agencies with such good results.

Maybe they should have kept this operation under wraps. A tactical win turned into defeat using media.


No need to keep it under wraps. The only people defeated here are the ISI, LeT, the dead terrorists, and 3rd raters like Praveen Swami and A Shukla. Its a big success for India, no matter what trash is written by 3rd rate journalists. Newspapers like IE need to ask themselves why they are allowing their brand and reputation to be sullied and abused by aforesaid 3rd raters.

Lets hope the CG crew and NTRO personnel get due recognition. It would be another morale booster.

member_20317
BRF Oldie
Posts: 3171
Joined: 11 Aug 2016 06:14

Re: Breaking news: Coast guard intercepted terrorist boat

Postby member_20317 » 07 Jan 2015 10:00

matrimc wrote:
UlanBatori wrote:I don't know why it was necessary to reveal that the "10 lakh vs. 4 lakh" haggling was intercepted - unless that was disinformation.

Increase the cost to ISI? New recruits might start asking ISI for 10 lakhs or ask them to walk. You see, these pakistani terrorista are Confucian and follw the age old dictum - confucius says "Money talk$ - BS walks".


I did not get to hear this part, but if they have intercepted something like this then they should use it to plant a Jihadi Kejriwal in Pindi/Peshawar.

How can ISI officers and Hafiz Sayeed sacrifice the sacred-orifices of Fidayeen and not pay the full amount asked for. How will the budding fidayeen believe in this rotten system.

Sab saale mile hue hain.

wilson_th
BRFite -Trainee
Posts: 53
Joined: 03 Jul 2009 14:16

Re: Breaking news: Coast guard intercepted terrorist boat

Postby wilson_th » 07 Jan 2015 10:16

This is absolutely accurate - in fact the initial operation started even before 'a fortnight'. There is a big fear now in an agency that the intel channel has been exposed - similar to Musharraf recordings during Kargil. Lets wait and see.


What if Praveen swami is trying to get maximum informtion out of the Intl agencies ?.... by giving out their sources.... they have already given way too much .. like saying we had know this for more than 15 days.

So next time they will not make the same mistake like using their mobile phones and not mixing with fishing folks etc.

skaranam
BRFite
Posts: 286
Joined: 18 Feb 2006 07:11
Location: Bharat

Re: Breaking news: Coast guard intercepted terrorist boat

Postby skaranam » 07 Jan 2015 10:20

SSridhar wrote:
shyamd wrote:Pravin wasn't the only one peddling that line. Even normally 'clean' journos were peddling the same line using their sources. What does that mean?

Pravin and others were only repeating what was told to them by official(s) of a certain agency. Ego problems maybe? The culprit was a mil source.

Certainly, somebody is feeding information to Praveen Swami. I am not sure if it is an Indian or somebody else. For example, he is giving the name of the boat as 'Qalandhar' and the names of the terrorists on the boat as one Baloch, a Bizenjo and others. From where did he get them? Either these names were known, through intercepts by the NTRO, to Indian agencies and somebody there is leaking to Swami or his sources are outside of our country.

But, Praveen Swami's case should not be mixed up with those of others who are also questioning the actions of GoI, CG. Some are prompted by their aversion to Modi (like The Hindu), some are prompted by their aversion to 'right-wing Hindutwa groups' etc., IMHO.


Or it his imagination running wild? Any way, how can one verify his claims

chackojoseph
BRF Oldie
Posts: 4297
Joined: 01 Mar 2010 22:42
Location: From Frontier India
Contact:

Re: Breaking news: Coast guard intercepted terrorist boat

Postby chackojoseph » 07 Jan 2015 10:29

The plus point of the ops is that it will raise the cost for Pakis to communicate and take weirder routes for smuggling etc. The other side is UAE, Iran/ Oman etc who have also some good interception capabilities. Once they have a narrow corridor to operate they become more vulnerable. This puts pressure on Pakistan's state sponsored non state actors.

PratikDas
BRFite
Posts: 1882
Joined: 06 Feb 2009 07:46
Contact:

Re: Breaking news: Coast guard intercepted terrorist boat

Postby PratikDas » 07 Jan 2015 11:11

I guess the shock and confusion has been dealt a firm STFU from GoI.

Image
Last edited by PratikDas on 07 Jan 2015 11:14, edited 1 time in total.

Inder Sharma
BRFite
Posts: 127
Joined: 18 May 2006 14:35

Re: Breaking news: Coast guard intercepted terrorist boat

Postby Inder Sharma » 07 Jan 2015 11:11

SSridhar wrote:
shyamd wrote:Pravin wasn't the only one peddling that line. Even normally 'clean' journos were peddling the same line using their sources. What does that mean?

Pravin and others were only repeating what was told to them by official(s) of a certain agency. Ego problems maybe? The culprit was a mil source.

Certainly, somebody is feeding information to Praveen Swami. I am not sure if it is an Indian or somebody else. For example, he is giving the name of the boat as 'Qalandhar' and the names of the terrorists on the boat as one Baloch, a Bizenjo and others. From where did he get them? Either these names were known, through intercepts by the NTRO, to Indian agencies and somebody there is leaking to Swami or his sources are outside of our country.

But, Praveen Swami's case should not be mixed up with those of others who are also questioning the actions of GoI, CG. Some are prompted by their aversion to Modi (like The Hindu), some are prompted by their aversion to 'right-wing Hindutwa groups' etc., IMHO.



Praveen is deeply suspect. For some time now he has been carrying pro pak narrative. So much that even BRaman had to refer to his inputs as works of "ISI Rat". In one of the debates recently, he gloatingly said to the BJP spokie : ”you were boasting that Pakistanis have been taught a lesson. Now they are beating YOUR party black and blue”.
This subconscious reference of Indian army as ‘the Other’, the them; and inventing false bravado to obtain Schadenfreude speaks deeply of his psyche.
That is: he identifies himself with the Pakis, or atleast sees Indian Army/Security establishment as this personal enemy – The other.

Kashi
BRF Oldie
Posts: 3030
Joined: 06 May 2011 13:53

Re: Breaking news: Coast guard intercepted terrorist boat

Postby Kashi » 07 Jan 2015 11:18

Inder Sharma wrote:Praveen is deeply suspect. For some time now he has been carrying pro pak narrative. So much that even BRaman had to refer to his inputs as works of "ISI Rat". In one of the debates recently, he gloatingly said to the BJP spokie : ”you were boasting that Pakistanis have been taught a lesson. Now they are beating YOUR party black and blue”.


It seems he was dying to say that. I am not sure even the Paki channels and rabble rousers have made this claim.

Swamy is an MPTP - More paki than the pakis and that's saying something.

Maybe one for the BRF dictionary? :D

sum
BRF Oldie
Posts: 9821
Joined: 08 May 2007 17:04
Location: (IT-vity && DRDO) nagar

Re: Breaking news: Coast guard intercepted terrorist boat

Postby sum » 07 Jan 2015 11:30

^^ There is already a word for MPTP and its "Mani Shankar Aiyar"!

Neela
BRF Oldie
Posts: 3552
Joined: 30 Jul 2004 15:05
Location: Spectator in the dossier diplomacy tennis match

Re: Breaking news: Coast guard intercepted terrorist boat

Postby Neela » 07 Jan 2015 11:40

SSridhar wrote:
But, Praveen Swami's case should not be mixed up with those of others who are also questioning the actions of GoI, CG. Some are prompted by their aversion to Modi (like The Hindu), some are prompted by their aversion to 'right-wing Hindutwa groups' etc., IMHO.


SSji, in Praveen Swami's case, an aversion to RW Hindutva _and_ his source being in Pak seems likely.
Took cue from INder Sharma's post and found this where B Raman speculates about Praveen Swami being fed by Pak source.
He also made a quite a few lunatic tweets about the recent INdian Science Congress and mocked how Vedic people found out everything 80million years ago.

He is a special character.

Kashi
BRF Oldie
Posts: 3030
Joined: 06 May 2011 13:53

Re: Breaking news: Coast guard intercepted terrorist boat

Postby Kashi » 07 Jan 2015 12:08

sum wrote:^^ There is already a word for MPTP and its "Mani Shankar Aiyar"!


Ok..sorry about that I did not know. But it seems that MPTP club is rapidly expanding.

ldev
BRFite
Posts: 1534
Joined: 06 Nov 2002 12:31

Re: Breaking news: Coast guard intercepted terrorist boat

Postby ldev » 07 Jan 2015 12:14

vaibhav.n wrote:Something I received via mail.....FWIW.....Posting excerpts to protect identities of certain Armed Forces personnel on why drug smuggling theory peddled by Bullshit Swami is a bust.

However, According to an estimate almost 75% of drugs are and continue to be smuggled via the overland routes.There are good reasons all the profitable and frequent routes for smuggling across India-Pakistan are actually overland. In Gujrat it happens through the notorious bandit-land black hills of Kutch. The Karo Dungar area of Khawda (Indian territory but ceded to Pakistan after the 71 war)


Gujrat??? Is the person who sent you this email a Paki? All Indians know the difference between Gujarat, the Indian state and Gujrat, the town in Punjab, Pakistan. But Pakistani's masquerading as Indians online frequently refer to the Indian state of Gujarat as Gujrat.

To the best of my knowledge, no border adjustments were made on the India Pakistan border after the 1971 war, the last such adjustments were done after the 1965 war when the Indo-Pakistan Western Boundary Case Tribunal designated by the UN Secretary General made its award in February 1968 and gave Pakistan approximately 780 square kilometers of the 9100 square kilometers under dispute in the Kutch area.

Indira Gandhi had just taken over as Prime Minister then from Lal Bahadur Shashtri. To cast doubts on Indira Gandhi's national security record as PM shows ignorance. I dont think any PM of India has done more for India's security than her, from the first nuclear test in 1972, to the break up of West and East Pakistan. All at a time when India was significantly weaker and poorer. Sadly every single Indian PM since then has been found wanting in this area.

The above is OT for this thread, but armchair warriors who know nothing about history should first educate themselves before spouting nonsense.

Kashi
BRF Oldie
Posts: 3030
Joined: 06 May 2011 13:53

Re: Breaking news: Coast guard intercepted terrorist boat

Postby Kashi » 07 Jan 2015 12:35

ldev wrote:To the best of my knowledge, no border adjustments were made on the India Pakistan border after the 1971 war,


Technically no adjustments were made to the border, however, India did capture Turtuk and four villages in Baltistan during the 1971 war- of course that was the ceasefire line before the LoC was clearly demarcated so not a well defined boundary.

I am not sure about the status of territory lost to Pakis in the Chamb sector. Did we regain all of it?

Shreeman
BRF Oldie
Posts: 3764
Joined: 17 Jan 2007 15:31
Location: bositiveneuj.blogspot.com
Contact:

Re: Breaking news: Coast guard intercepted terrorist boat

Postby Shreeman » 07 Jan 2015 12:44

This boundary business needs to be put in perspective -- enclaves in india/bangladesh. No fear of "war" or nuclear weapons. Borders are imaginary places to the 99% of the SDRE population. Not a discussion for this thread. The context of pre-emergency world was a very different context. The emergency and following years cast a dark shadow that didnt leave until ABV came into power, and then its a tiny bit of light.

There is no point in arguing sector wise measurements. The only take away there is thgat things nbeed to be demarcated with a Qila-e-kufr wall to keep out not just the mongolians. No more digging for drugs while "going" to the fields.

Internet fora carry zero impact -- there is no point in posters "cleverly" limiting context any which way. We have an imperfect history. In America. In Bertania. In frogistan. In India too. The gibraltar and the falklands and the northern irelands of thge world are what they are.

The point goung forward should be thgat the boats and bridges burn, and the narrow road carries no opiate east.

SSridhar
Forum Moderator
Posts: 23128
Joined: 05 May 2001 11:31
Location: Chennai

Re: Breaking news: Coast guard intercepted terrorist boat

Postby SSridhar » 07 Jan 2015 12:48

Folks, read this Tamil editorial in The Hindu, Tamil Edition. Those who know Tamil, please send your comments. Mine is already published.

ldev
BRFite
Posts: 1534
Joined: 06 Nov 2002 12:31

Re: Breaking news: Coast guard intercepted terrorist boat

Postby ldev » 07 Jan 2015 12:59

Kashi wrote:
ldev wrote:To the best of my knowledge, no border adjustments were made on the India Pakistan border after the 1971 war,


Technically no adjustments were made to the border, however, India did capture Turtuk and four villages in Baltistan during the 1971 war- of course that was the ceasefire line before the LoC was clearly demarcated so not a well defined boundary.

I am not sure about the status of territory lost to Pakis in the Chamb sector. Did we regain all of it?


I believe that at the Simla Accord what was agreed was:

On the J&K border, the ceasefire line became the LOC i.e. positions frozen as the conflict ended.

On the international border i.e. Punjab and south all the way down to the Rann of Kutch, both sides would withdraw to the pre war positions.

vaibhav.n
BR Mainsite Crew
Posts: 575
Joined: 23 Mar 2010 21:47

Re: Breaking news: Coast guard intercepted terrorist boat

Postby vaibhav.n » 07 Jan 2015 14:09

ldev wrote:Gujrat??? Is the person who sent you this email a Paki? All Indians know the difference between Gujarat, the Indian state and Gujrat, the town in Punjab, Pakistan. But Pakistani's masquerading as Indians online frequently refer to the Indian state of Gujarat as Gujrat.

To the best of my knowledge, no border adjustments were made on the India Pakistan border after the 1971 war, the last such adjustments were done after the 1965 war when the Indo-Pakistan Western Boundary Case Tribunal designated by the UN Secretary General made its award in February 1968 and gave Pakistan approximately 780 square kilometers of the 9100 square kilometers under dispute in the Kutch area.

Indira Gandhi had just taken over as Prime Minister then from Lal Bahadur Shashtri. To cast doubts on Indira Gandhi's national security record as PM shows ignorance. I dont think any PM of India has done more for India's security than her, from the first nuclear test in 1972, to the break up of West and East Pakistan. All at a time when India was significantly weaker and poorer. Sadly every single Indian PM since then has been found wanting in this area.

The above is OT for this thread, but armchair warriors who know nothing about history should first educate themselves before spouting nonsense.



Why did I put up a FWIW??? Haniji....I got the mail from a common Fauji Google Groups. FYI, The author is a family friend who is an ex Gurkha turned Paratrooper and lost his right hand and eye to an IED explosion in the valley. He makes common spelling mistakes which we all have learnt to ignore. He has served in the area. OT anyway.....

Just asked Dad also, What the author in specific refers to possibly is the area between Lakhpat on the Kori Creek and Kala Dungar as a smuggling route to Kanjarkot now Islamkot.

Refer Screenshot: Kalo Dungar/Black Hills

The legendary TN Kaul's Observations on the same.....
Image

schinnas
BRFite
Posts: 1283
Joined: 11 Jun 2009 09:44

Re: Breaking news: Coast guard intercepted terrorist boat

Postby schinnas » 07 Jan 2015 17:02

SSridhar wrote:Folks, read this Tamil editorial in The Hindu, Tamil Edition. Those who know Tamil, please send your comments. Mine is already published.


SS-ji, I also added my comment to the article. Read your comment and pleasantly impressed by your command over Tamil. Hopefully will get an opportunity to meet you in Bengaluru in one of the BRF meets.

We need to use social media and feedback mechanism to provide instant and at-volume feedback to such articles so that news media will at least moderate its FUD activities if not turn a new leaf.

schinnas
BRFite
Posts: 1283
Joined: 11 Jun 2009 09:44

Re: Breaking news: Coast guard intercepted terrorist boat

Postby schinnas » 07 Jan 2015 17:06

partha wrote:Could terror boat intel have come from US agencies? This article could also be a plant by our agencies to make it look like that.


Very possible. Indian agencies are forced by DDM to release more information than they would have liked to release to public and would need to ensure that their sources are protected and HUMINT and ELINT capabilities in STFUP continue to function uninterrupted.

On the other hand, it is also likely that Massa is doing more intelligence sharing with Desh in recent weeks to ensure that Ombaba's trip is not distracted by Puki misadventures.

Hari Seldon
BRF Oldie
Posts: 9207
Joined: 27 Jul 2009 12:47
Location: University of Trantor

Re: Breaking news: Coast guard intercepted terrorist boat

Postby Hari Seldon » 07 Jan 2015 17:43

^^ Next time on, such boat-sinkings should happen completely quietly. No word to be leaked anywhere on dhimmedia or elsewhere.

Those in the know will know and those who need to know will get the message.

Not worth it, this song and dance by paid media pimples.

UlanBatori
BRF Oldie
Posts: 9853
Joined: 11 Aug 2016 06:14

Re: Breaking news: Coast guard intercepted terrorist boat

Postby UlanBatori » 07 Jan 2015 17:53

Hari Seldon wrote:^^ Next time on, such boat-sinkings should happen completely quietly. No word to be leaked anywhere on dhimmedia or elsewhere.


OTOH, consider the win-win: 4 pakis pest-e-shaheed, a whole troop of politicians with Foot-In-Mouth trauma, plus at least one RajdeepSardesaiWannaBe squirming and :(( after stomping hard on his own mijjile in public and unable to retrieve it. :lol:

I'd say one PoS has sunk in his own pakistan/stink. Couldn't happen to a more deserving candidate.
Last edited by UlanBatori on 07 Jan 2015 20:44, edited 1 time in total.

Gagan
BRF Oldie
Posts: 11005
Joined: 16 Apr 2008 22:25

Re: Breaking news: Coast guard intercepted terrorist boat

Postby Gagan » 07 Jan 2015 20:28

No No boat sinkings should not be hush hush.
I for one know, what happened, no amount of DDM BS lifafa journalism will convince me to the contrary.

Jingo needs his share of good news.

Aditya G
BRF Oldie
Posts: 3344
Joined: 19 Feb 2002 12:31
Contact:

Re: Breaking news: Coast guard intercepted terrorist boat

Postby Aditya G » 07 Jan 2015 22:17

We should go deeper into this instead of dismissing outright. Recently it was here in BRF it was posted that Gwadar was offered to India first, before Pakistan. It was news to me at least.

I think the comments on Karo Dungar may be partially true. IIRC in 1971, BSF camel mounted troops had invaded deep into this territory. Also i think jeep para columns also drove into Pakistan in this general area. Did we still hold the line on ceasefire? When did we retreat back to IB?

vaibhav.n wrote:Something I received via mail.....FWIW.....Posting excerpts to protect identities of certain Armed Forces personnel on why drug smuggling theory peddled by Bullshit Swami is a bust.

However, According to an estimate almost 75% of drugs are and continue to be smuggled via the overland routes.There are good reasons all the profitable and frequent routes for smuggling across India-Pakistan are actually overland. In Gujrat it happens through the notorious bandit-land black hills of Kutch. The Karo Dungar area of Khawda (Indian territory but ceded to Pakistan after the 71 war)
.[/quote]

d_berwal
BRFite
Posts: 513
Joined: 08 Dec 2006 14:08
Location: Jhonesburg

Re: Breaking news: Coast guard intercepted terrorist boat

Postby d_berwal » 07 Jan 2015 22:32

chackojoseph wrote:The plus point of the ops is that it will raise the cost for Pakis to communicate and take weirder routes for smuggling etc. The other side is UAE, Iran/ Oman etc who have also some good interception capabilities. Once they have a narrow corridor to operate they become more vulnerable. This puts pressure on Pakistan's state sponsored non state actors.


chacko...bhai thodi to sharam karooooo..... smuggling ?

Is Bharat ke kya din aa gaye ke is ke pute ise ke rakshak pe shak karte hai? aur ise desh/desh_ke_rashak ko nicha dhikata he?

Jab aap ke suraksha ke baat aye to is desh ke rekshaooo ko yaad matt karnaa....

very ssorryy to pen it downnn :( :( :(

chacko... bahi sharam hai ya pure besharam ho gaye hoooo!!!!

aap ne apne aap ko to baceh deya hai but desh ko to mat becho!!!!!

but desh ke aur us ke rakhwalooo ke aap ko kya perva... aap ke to lotri nikal gayeeee!!!!!


Return to “Military Issues & History Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: brar_w, Dumal, sbangera, VickyAvinash and 50 guests