Republic Day 2015 - News and Discussion

All threads that are locked or marked for deletion will be moved to this forum. The topics will be cleared from this archive on the 1st and 16th of each month.
krishnan
BRF Oldie

Re: Republic Day 2015 - News and Discussion

Post by krishnan »

:mrgreen:

i thought single engine dont take part.
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

KLNM ji, kashi ji and mchillian ji: look, my elders and forefathers suffered under razakars. No love lost there. But including say charminar should not be a problem isn't it? Why are people objecting to that? The parade is as John about military as the diversity of the Indian culture. It is a showcase of the culture of each state which will turn into tourist greenbacks and euros, renminbi, Saudi riyals. Showing the potential for tourism during a widely broadcast event is free publicity for each state.

Last from me. We can take it to telugu states dhaga.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

mat guru, it could be as charm(inar) as passion show. our tourism infra - chiefly roads/interconnect like massan interstates are poorly visioned. riyals is as fine as greenback, but what is required is the #TFTAness to attract tourism. we need to show more wilder things, and make it unique destintation. we need to package all SDREness to TFTA crowd to make the greenback look small against Indic gold reserves of the future. this is just a beginning of brought back freedom after 66 years. Let it be this way too! no?
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

I loved all the floats - they brought out what the state is known for. If I have to pick, I liked the Haryana one the most. Let the states participating decide what to showcase so tbat their subculture and their USP for tourism are showcased.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

agree.. but batting for a jailed leader is pathetic portrayal at RD parade. it is a national shame. I'm deeply sorry for TN
Prabu
BRFite

Post by Prabu »

d_berwal wrote:http://www.odishanewsinsight.com/nation ... tricolour/

http://www.smashable.in/p-hamid-and-sal ... em-morning

Vice President Dr. Ansari has shown disrespect to the National Flag, but guess MSM is blacking out this news.
With due respect to vice president Dr. Handed Ansari, is this a secular insult to National Flag and hence acceptable??

after n number of people have explained that hameed ansari did no wrong and acted by the book, the continuing insinuation that he didn't salute the flag because he is muslim is not remotely acceptable on BRF.
banned for 3 days.
- Rahul
Last edited by Rahul M on 26 Jan 2015 23:09, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: user warned.
arshyam
BRF Oldie

Post by arshyam »

^^ I liked the Maharashtra float - the paper mache of the lady was very realistic and life like.

Having said that, we need to improve the paper-mache quality across the board - most of them looked tacky, MH excepting. The floats that had people on them looked so much better, IMHO.

Same with the audio - some floats' audio was horrendous (not sure if it was DD's fault), I think it was due to the participants singing, and the recording/mike was off. Folks who attended the parade might have had a better experience. I think the floats where they had flutes and melodies (no singing) were so much better from an audio PoV.
arshyam
BRF Oldie

Post by arshyam »

SaiK wrote:agree.. but batting for a jailed leader is pathetic portrayal at RD parade. it is a national shame. I'm deeply sorry for TN
TN didn't have a float saar, where was this?
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

Shreeman
BRF Oldie

Post by Shreeman »

matrimc wrote:I loved all the floats - they brought out what the state is known for. If I have to pick, I liked the Haryana one the most. Let the states participating decide what to showcase so tbat their subculture and their USP for tourism are showcased.
Yet, those closer to Haryana may find cause for complaint with the float. IT-vity should have been substituted for birds this year. Or simmens, they need exposure and the state was alone in hiding them. There is always something to criticise.
member_28533
BRFite

Post by member_28533 »

arshyam wrote:
SaiK wrote:agree.. but batting for a jailed leader is pathetic portrayal at RD parade. it is a national shame. I'm deeply sorry for TN
TN didn't have a float saar, where was this?
psy-ops by Media.. happened in TN republic day celebrations, not at Rajpath.
shaun
BRFite

Post by shaun »

Rahul saab you are in banning spree !!!
Shreeman
BRF Oldie

Post by Shreeman »

DDMitis in uSA wrote:The military portion of the massive parade featured Russian tanks, American helicopters, mobile rockets and missiles.
I dont get why all military hardware must be american to be saluted. The one thing I find most objectionable in Amrika is the claws of the LMT lockheed types in the psyche of the public. It is no longer about the people operating the platform, rather the platforms themselves.
Last edited by Shreeman on 27 Jan 2015 00:15, edited 1 time in total.
shaun
BRFite

Post by shaun »

will some one care to say what is DDM and MMS , TFTA , SRDE ? these are used quite often , though i can understand by the way they were being put into the sentence still if some one really reply will be help full :)
arshyam
BRF Oldie

Post by arshyam »

member_27581
BRFite

Post by member_27581 »

Did anyone notice that P8i was referred to as P81 or was it just me..
krishnan
BRF Oldie

Post by krishnan »

probably read the I as 1.
arshyam
BRF Oldie

Post by arshyam »

True, but thankfully didn't misread the Su-30MKI.

Did anyone notice DD's penchant to focus on the public/dais/control room just when the fighters were approaching for the flypast? Then showed the planes just after they passed overhead. Very irritating, let me gnashing my teeth in frustration, especially given nature's intervention with the fog/rain. I am hoping there were some other feeds that captured them on approach, that get uploaded to youtube soon.
Shreeman
BRF Oldie

Post by Shreeman »

Yes, P81, which flew in a posiedan formation with two 29ks. I see no reason why we dont make the Soo-three-hundred-one, Mi-two-ninety-one, See-hundred-seventy-one, See-one-thousans-three-hundred-one,Too-one-thousand-forty-hundred-twenty-one,Ann-three-hundred-twenty-one,Hech-jay-tee-three-hundred-sixty-one etc as formal names. Let it be Pee-eighty-one. Whats special about i, or mki. We are number one. China is number eleven.
disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by disha »

Suraj wrote:Merkel is a good choice too. Another high profile option would be normalization of relations with Taiwan and an invitation to the Taiwanese head of state as a symbolic seal of closure to the agreement....
Merkel is past her sell by date and her handling of the multiple crises in EU leads to several questions on her abilities. A better option will be to invite Vietnam's head - show Arjun and LCA and Brahmos and Akash and also a cultural float by NPCIL depicting its fast-breeder reactor.
shaun
BRFite

Post by shaun »

thank you
disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by disha »

arshyam wrote: Did anyone notice DD's penchant to focus on the public/dais/control room just when the fighters were approaching for the flypast? Then showed the planes just after they passed overhead. Very irritating, let me gnashing my teeth in frustration ...
DD always does that, what to say other than calling them names which will get us in trouble.

The lowpoint (or rather the high point!) of DDM by DD was when the Mirage 2000 was doing acrobats and it crashed. This was some 2 decades back. Instead of focusing on the Mirage, it was showing people looking at the Mirage crashing!!! Only in the final moments did it capture the M2k crashing.
disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by disha »

vdutta wrote:So i heard, modi wore a suit with his name written as stripes. is it true or a bakistani bs

.../...

I dodnt like it. After all these good things this one looks a bit tacky. Also it was first worn by a dictator hosni mubarak. Twitter will go nuts with this.
1. Do not care about twitter nuts, they are nuts and will go nuts.

2. Do not get defensive. There is something we all need to learn from the man (NaMo) himself. Optics.

3. Yes he wore that suit and he was seen hugging Ombaba while wearing that suit and the foto of that suite with his name emblazoned on it hugging ombaba has landed on baki/cheen desks and also the guys who wrote a letter to US SD department and to Ombaba on denying visa to Modi have seen that foto of Ombaba hugging Modi (with Modi's name on it) and what MEA should do in future is present a 8ft x 10ft fotu of Obama hugging Modi with the stripes of Modi's name to US SD department to be displayed for historic breakthrough moments

AND

2 generations - down the line, a thumb sucking kid will look at that foto with big wide eyes and will ask the question:

"Who is that man with Narendra Modi?"
disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by disha »

SaiK wrote:"an elected public personality" !!!
Former CM's do not get invitation. None from other states or Delhi got it.

Further Kejru got lot of Khujli seeing camera focus on KB. So he asked why KB should be part of "official invitation" and not him - he wants to be *invited* being that he is a former CM and NOT_AN_AAM_ADMI and wants a special privilege not extended to other ex-CMs. Talk about entitlement (and khujli).

BTW, Kiran Bedi led the Delhi Police contingent on R'Day in past. She is ex-Delhi Police chief and could have got an invitation from the Delhi Police itself since she *does* represent Nari Shakti (the theme of this R'Day)!!!
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

Just another thought. The main reason both defence and civilian floats are included in the parade is to show that what is to not only celebrate the constitution but also show that we have the means to protect the constitution and showcase what we are protecting - the culture, heritage, diversity, and our way of life. Publicity, band-baja, singing and dancing, showcasing the culture for tourism etc. are all side benefits in that we have a reason to protect the way of life which has been lived in these lands for millenniums and is evolving to higher levels.
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

arshyam saar: Yes, MH float is my second choice. That said, has anybody visited Allandi where the 13th century Sant Dnyaneshwar attained mOksha? I visited about 15 years or so back. While the temple and all is fine (just like most temples in India), the river Indrayani was in a bad shape with lots floating debris even though it is not very close to any major/minor city.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

whatever modi does will get him called names.

if he wears posh suit from saville row - saala !@$$, now he is using public money and being posh.
if he wears kurta pyjama - snicker, snicker - he is wearing only low class stuff
if he wears suit with his name on it - twitter ablaze - megalomaniac, poor taste, hosni mubarak

are yaar who cares. is the economy doing good? is our foreign policy on track? is national defence doing ok? etc etc
those are the things that matter IMHO
in our image conscious world we have gone nuts on the wrong things i think
member_28803
BRFite

Post by member_28803 »

What do folks think of the Make In India tableau?

I liked it, the music was appropriate. It felt like if the world is a damsel in distress, then the big tough-ass Hero, India, under NaMo has arrived...
Raja Bose
BRF Oldie

Post by Raja Bose »

archan wrote:who is the lady right behind Modi and Obama, talking to both?
That's my friend's SHQ whose anecdote I posted in the US dhaaga. She is interpreting between Modi and Obama.
rajsunder
BRFite

Post by rajsunder »

Jivana wrote:What do folks think of the Make In India tableau?

I liked it, the music was appropriate. It felt like if the world is a damsel in distress, then the big tough-ass Hero, India, under NaMo has arrived...
half baked tableau, all the gears were not working. only half on the back were working(from the dd stream that i caught on youtube)
Such an important event and such an important tableau, and we could only come up with a half working symbol.
member_28533
BRFite

Post by member_28533 »

Raja Bose wrote:
archan wrote:who is the lady right behind Modi and Obama, talking to both?
That's my friend's SHQ whose anecdote I posted in the US dhaaga. She is interpreting between Modi and Obama.
What's SHQ ?
member_23061
BRFite

Post by member_23061 »

Wife
Raja Bose
BRF Oldie

Post by Raja Bose »

WingCo Puja Thakur seems to be a pretty articulate and intelligent officer. Good choice for future IAF spokesperson.

http://www.ndtv.com/video/player/news/i ... dviaplayer
shravanp
BRF Oldie

Post by shravanp »

I didnt see ant Maratha regiment or Maratha light infantry. Battle cry Har Har Mahadeo wud have made this jingo happy.
Sridhar K
BRFite

Post by Sridhar K »

matrimc wrote:arshyam saar: Yes, MH float is my second choice. That said, has anybody visited Allandi where the 13th century Sant Dnyaneshwar attained mOksha? I visited about 15 years or so back. While the temple and all is fine (just like most temples in India), the river Indrayani was in a bad shape with lots floating debris even though it is not very close to any major/minor city.
Matrimc garu, though OT, I visited last year and the river was not too bad and lot of people taking bath there. Not bad considering Pune outskirts/Lohegaon is not very far off (10-15 kms).
ravip
BRFite

Post by ravip »

Did any one notice the vertical charlie yest by su-30mki, to describe what i saw on tv i guess there was some uncontrollable spin and certainly there was some deviation from what was practiced.
arun
BRF Oldie

Post by arun »

Sid wrote:No Agni? bhere is the phire man :((

But a big big improvement in broadcasting quality, except that logo which blocked 1/3 of screen.
I am in complete agreement with the Congress Party on this one.

The Indian nation requires an explanation from our Prime Minister Modi on why this surprising omission of displaying the Agni Missile is a masterstroke and not kowtowing to the US:

Did government hold back on display of military might, wonders Congress leader Manish Tewari

For good order and to allay fears that this is a Congress Party manufactured story, Hindu article confirming that the Agni Missile was not displayed this Republic Day:

Agni missing as Obama witnesses Republic Day parade
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

I look forward to Jan31.

what is not done, cannot be done now.
Philip
BRF Oldie

Post by Philip »

The decision not to display our start deterrent was a diplomatic gesture not to bring to the table any talk of India kowtowing to the NPT,or non-proliferation regime.It would've been seen a as huge finger pointed at Uncle Sam's bung-hole in the presence of the US pres.,especially when the sensitive issue of the N-deal was on the table.We are informed of a breakthrough,but the details have yet to be fully ironed out and may take some more time. Therefore any swaggering by us of our N-might may have been wrongly construed.

No one wanted to spoil the party,but if we want to be respected as a full-fledge N-power we should display our deterrent.If we are afraid to show it in public,our bnemies will laugh at us saying that we will be even more afraid of using it!

The Chinese,Russians,Pakis,NoKos,have no qualms about displaying their deterrent,why should we be afraid?
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

Yes Yes ... I agree ... because our noclear weapons are not paraded every year it is clear that we do not have the nooks. The world laughs at our claims on nooks. Till the nooks are paraded every year, especially when furriners are visiting and not just on Republic day, no one is going to respect our deterrence.

From the next time I propose that we ring the hotel with nooks where furrin visitors stay to make them believe. We need to start putting up nook models at every traffic junctions (Imitating the Bakis) to make our own public believe. I too believe that India is nook naked 'cos I haven't seen the nooks or a model or even a pic. The same goes for Agni for all I have seen is pics and videos released by DRDO and we all know how small hearted the devious SDRE DRDO is.

Also is a photo or a video or a model enough? I mean who is going to be deterred by a model hanji? Shouldn't we also test an Agni and a nook every year on republic day to reassure both Indians and outsiders? But is a *so called* test in Rajasthan going to be enough? For all we know Vajpayee just farted the last time.

>> BTW, were we also kowtowing to the Japanese when Agni did not make it to last years parade? Modi needs to answer for last years parade too. Modi jawab do!
Last edited by pankajs on 27 Jan 2015 12:46, edited 1 time in total.