India's Retaliation Options to significant terrorist strikes

The Military Issues & History Forum is a venue to discuss issues relating to the military aspects of the Indian Armed Forces, whether the past, present or future. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
vinod
BRFite

Re: India's Retaliation Options to significant terrorist strikes

Post by vinod »

Deans wrote:Is there some way we can get the Govt to intervene and not allow Pak Generals to appear on our channels ? In any self respecting country Musharraf would be called a war criminal (waging an illegal war, supporting terrorism and having men under his command torture and kill prisoners). On CNN News 18 he is treated as a VIP and given coverage on prime time to spew venom. He was joined by his former spokesman, Gen Quereshi and assorted Fauji afsar's all reading from the ISI script. The sight of them getting more TV time than our own experts, disgusts me.

I have written to Col Rathore (Min I&B) and CNN TV 18. No acknowledgement.
I think the opposite view should be given a chance to air their views. Gives a balance to discussions... outright ban is not right.

But I agree, that this balance has to be found by the media outlets. May be the govt. can create a independent body which checks standards of journalism so that there is always a balanced discussion amongst well meaning persons who intends good for the nation. They should be fined and taken off air, if the right standards are not met.
Surya
BRF Oldie

Post by Surya »

some questions to ponder

(a) Why did Nawaz Sharif ring up the Army Chief(Rahil Sharif), just before his UNGA speech? What has transpired between both??

(b) Why has POK been declared a No-Fly Zone by Pak? All PIA flights to Gilgit and Skardu have been terminated indefinitely.

(c) The Indian RM spoke about the possibility of a 'knee-jerk' reaction. What is the understanding of the term ' knee jerk' reaction??

(d) What has enabled Congressman Ted Poe to initiate a Bill to declare Pak a 'Terror State' ??
NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

Now that India has declared Pakistan a terrorist state (BR ahead of the curve), why even interview terrorists? What next, stop killing them and then open the borders for them?
Philip
BRF Oldie

Post by Philip »

Just as foretold an alert by the IN has taken place at Uran Bombay after armed men were spotted today.
Philip
BRF Oldie

Post by Philip »

Alert at 14 places search on by IN,CG,IA.4 men with arms,backpaks,in uniforms.There was no exercise on.Early this morning.
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

I was travelling in the Mumbai near the sea coast jsut now. Police with Guns visible at many places. I am told by my driver that as per the reports armed men are seen near Kolaba and also near M.shipyard.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

Tsp closing its northern airspace and putting up its precious f solah does point to something happened.

But covert ops have no media value to lift a demoralized pop. Think dresden fire bombing or even doolittle raid...militarily useless but does please everyone back home
Sicanta
BRFite

Post by Sicanta »

Or maybe a precautonary measure knowing their attack is imminent in mumbai?
Sicanta
BRFite

Post by Sicanta »

IWT: For any treaty to work, there is need for mutual trust and cooperation says MEA
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/worl ... 465910.cms

Pakis lie about their own so called all weather friends also.
JayS
Forum Moderator

Post by JayS »

Rahul M wrote:
this was his first response.

later,
Report about Indian commandos crossing LoC to kill terrorists. *EVEN* if true, what kind of moron reports it? Threatens ops & our troops!

Sure I hope India's commandos raid PoK camps & slaughter everyone there. But I'm happy not knowing about it. And I wouldn't ever report it.
@amancool5 Nor must anyone know the truth about any such potential operation. Special operations aren't a village mela.
https://twitter.com/ShivAroor/status/778849474319745024

Standing by story means zilch. No official comment ever on covert ops. Story endangers real ops / our troops on ground. Alerts Pak.
You think Media was briefed this time around, after taking lesson from Myanmar strike?? Some unknown journo have leaked news. All well know ones are discrediting it with such alacrity. But of coarse the attack never happened so its irrelevant.. :mrgreen:
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

as rightly said in the blogs, we have to consider retaliation options from different directions
- economic sanctions
- military blockade
- trade cut-off
- UN declarations followed by major powers denouncing (chinese will not - screw them [do we really need to them to nod for NSG?])
- covert ops to nab all wanted list

on the sides: test theater weapons in the live env.
Lilo
BRF Oldie

Post by Lilo »

India Hints at Question Marks Over Indus Water Treaty With Pakistan
Press Trust Of India
First published: September 22, 2016

New Delhi: India on Thursday hinted at question marks over the Indus Water Treaty with Pakistan.
"There are differences on the treaty. For any such treaty to work, it is important there must be mutual trust and cooperation. It can't be a one-sided affair," External Affairs Ministry spokesperson Vikas Swarup said.
The remarks came days after a terror attack on an army base in Jammu and Kashmir killed 18 soldiers. India has held Pakistan responsible for the killings.
Jammu and Kashmir has been demanding a review of the treaty as it robs the state of its rights to use the water of the rivers.

Philip
BRF Oldie

Post by Philip »

Good.Denying the pigs water will rouse the opulace against their masters eventually.
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

In someway the public in India and all over the World should know that India took action against Pakistan. It is not a doubt if Indian military can retaliate, the doubt is on the political will. Hence the government should release some information. Even Pakistan military would not doubt the capabilities of Indian military.

Burkha is just getting shut off, and she is trying to enter conversations and spout her points to stay connected and be relevant. We should wean away from her.
manjgu
BRF Oldie

Post by manjgu »

Gen Bakshi confirming on talk show... telling S Syed of PA...u know what we did to ur boys yesterday and day before...and we will do more.
Karthik S
BRF Oldie

Post by Karthik S »

manjgu wrote:Gen Bakshi confirming on talk show... telling S Syed of PA...u know what we did to ur boys yesterday and day before...and we will do more.
Which talk show?
kulhariM
BRFite -Trainee

Post by kulhariM »

manjgu wrote:Gen Bakshi confirming on talk show... telling S Syed of PA...u know what we did to ur boys yesterday and day before...and we will do more.
Wah Porkies must be feeling the effects..
I love you Gen Bakshi.
manjgu
BRF Oldie

Post by manjgu »

india times... i just saw it..he was in angry mood..and said . Col Syed....i am telling u soldier to soldier... the old days are gone...u know what happened to ur boys yesterday/day before...we will do more... just wait and see...he was wild with anger...
kulhariM
BRFite -Trainee

Post by kulhariM »

I wish we had s400. All porki f16 would have been swatted by now
Bheeshma
BRFite

Post by Bheeshma »

Instead of giving hints on tv shows we need public jhapad in pakjab. I understand going after targets in PoK , but its pakjab that has to be cleansed.
manjgu
BRF Oldie

Post by manjgu »

that i totally agree...Bheeshma... i hope its on the anvil...
Manish_Sharma
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_Sharma »

F-16s are no deterrents to us.
Cybaru
BRF Oldie

Post by Cybaru »

manjgu wrote:india times... i just saw it..he was in angry mood..and said . Col Syed....i am telling u soldier to soldier... the old days are gone...u know what happened to ur boys yesterday/day before...we will do more... just wait and see...he was wild with anger...
Any link possible? What tv show? Where?
enaiel
BRFite

Post by enaiel »

Why not make an announcement that India will be sending troops, armoured carriers, tanks, SAMs, drones, and attack helicopters to Afghanistan, with a supply route that goes through Iran. Use that presence to train and support a force of Afghan "irregulars" that go deep into Pak territory to flush out militants (and their their handlers). It's their absolute biggest fear, and we should make sure it comes true!
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

^
GOI does not go from A to Z in one step. What you are suggesting is far far out. It is always one step at a time so as to allows the parties ample opportunity to negotiate and if required pull back or correct course.

In Baluchistan's case, some baloch leaders have got the signal to file for asylum in India. It is a small step. More will follow depending on the situation.

In case of IWT, MEA spokesperson just stated that such treaties run on trust/goodwill. One small step at a time. We are far from withdrawing from the treaty.
Gagan
BRF Oldie

Post by Gagan »

Poof!
Last edited by Gagan on 22 Sep 2016 23:58, edited 1 time in total.
Deans
BRF Oldie

Post by Deans »

vinod wrote:
Deans wrote:Is there some way we can get the Govt to intervene and not allow Pak Generals to appear on our channels ? In any self respecting country Musharraf would be called a war criminal (waging an illegal war, supporting terrorism and having men under his command torture and kill prisoners). On CNN News 18 he is treated as a VIP and given coverage on prime time to spew venom. He was joined by his former spokesman, Gen Quereshi and assorted Fauji afsar's all reading from the ISI script. The sight of them getting more TV time than our own experts, disgusts me.

I have written to Col Rathore (Min I&B) and CNN TV 18. No acknowledgement.
I think the opposite view should be given a chance to air their views. Gives a balance to discussions... outright ban is not right.

But I agree, that this balance has to be found by the media outlets. May be the govt. can create a independent body which checks standards of journalism so that there is always a balanced discussion amongst well meaning persons who intends good for the nation. They should be fined and taken off air, if the right standards are not met.
Vinod, By all means, we can have a representative from Pak or anywhere else. I object to having a war criminal on the show, as well as
Generals who supported terrorism against India.
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

enaiel wrote:Why not make an announcement that India will be sending troops, armoured carriers, tanks, SAMs, drones, and attack helicopters to Afghanistan, with a supply route that goes through Iran. Use that presence to train and support a force of Afghan "irregulars" that go deep into Pak territory to flush out militants (and their their handlers). It's their absolute biggest fear, and we should make sure it comes true!
people need to read the mahabharat. not for the religion but for the morality of politics. kurukshetra did not happen in a day, kauravs were given enough chance to mend their ways.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

nawaz sharif addressing the UNGA. He seems to be getting all the attention he deserves.

SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

manjgu wrote:india times... i just saw it..he was in angry mood..and said . Col Syed....i am telling u soldier to soldier... the old days are gone...u know what happened to ur boys yesterday/day before...we will do more... just wait and see...he was wild with anger...
Poor guy, he has only two modes - a face with anger or a face with exasperation. He should just not appear on TV and continue to do things he has been doing behind the scenes.
Karthik S
BRF Oldie

Post by Karthik S »

F-16s flying over islamabad. A twitter video showing flares. Everytime the pakis engage in this kind of theatrics.
Ashokk
BRFite

Post by Ashokk »

Uri attack: Army strengthens operational readiness along LoC, fine-tunes contingency plans
The Army continues to steadily upgrade its "operational readiness" all along the 778-km Line of Control, with redeployment of troops and some "forward movement" of ammunition and fuel dumps, even as it "refines" a variety of contingency plans in conjunction with the IAF.
The Army has made a series of presentations to Prime Minister Narendra Modi, including one in its military operation directorate with detailed maps and sand-models on Tuesday night.
Gagan
BRF Oldie

Post by Gagan »

Pakistanis were worried that there will be airstrikes on Isloo / Pindi, so closed the airspace over north pakistan. So that anything that flies can be targeted by their SAMs.
India has activated its airbases, sounded sirens and had jets blasting off all of a sudden several times in the past. The Pakistanis spies around our airbases have duly reported back to Pindi that such & such airbase has been activated all of a sudden.
This has sent the pakis in a tizzy, with them ordering their fizzelya into the air over isloo & pindi.

India has done this so many times, and then sat back and monitored them jumping up and down, letting everyone know exactly what their orbat and plans are. Do remember that Indian radars and ELINT can read all the way into Afghan and Iranian airspace
RoyG
BRF Oldie

Post by RoyG »

No. Air exercise declared months in advance.
Gagan
BRF Oldie

Post by Gagan »

Karthik S wrote:F-16s flying over islamabad. A twitter video showing flares. Everytime the pakis engage in this kind of theatrics.
Kartik S ji
Please post a link here
suryag
Forum Moderator

Post by suryag »

keep revving up the fighters and flying in/out C-130s keep the guessing game boiling on which option has been chosen
Gagan
BRF Oldie

Post by Gagan »

The thing is that, Nawaz is not in the country still.
I am watching out for any signs that a military coup is taking place in Pakistan.
Aditya G
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya G »

Justice Arnab's show with Gen Bikarm Singh and Air Chief Marshal Major:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QdWJmfxSuM

Watch general's commentary from ~10 mins
Karthik S
BRF Oldie

Post by Karthik S »

Gagan wrote:
Karthik S wrote:F-16s flying over islamabad. A twitter video showing flares. Everytime the pakis engage in this kind of theatrics.
Kartik S ji
Please post a link here
https://twitter.com/HamidMirGEO/status/ ... 9009632256
Hamid MirVerified account
‏@HamidMirGEO
F-16 planes flying at 10:20 pm over Islamabad