India's Retaliation Options to significant terrorist strikes

The Military Issues & History Forum is a venue to discuss issues relating to the military aspects of the Indian Armed Forces, whether the past, present or future. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Re: India's Retaliation Options to significant terrorist strikes

Post by shiv »

manjgu wrote:why is Hafeez Saeed so important in scheme of things if we know he is just a pawn of PA ..ie the real villian in the piece is PA?
No he is not merely a pawn. He has a lot of Islamist power and has the backing of a lot of Sunni Pakis and plenty of Paki army lower ranks are under Islamist influence ever since knowledge of Islam and weekly Islam classes became a regular feature for soldiers - which army could not stop.
Aditya G
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya G »

NaMo govt has made several good moves. It now needs to execute kill/capture one high value target - it could be Saeed, Masood Azhar, Dawood etc. Take one of these out and leak it to public - see the effect it has on rest of them. Bomb one of his public meetings where all TVs and cameras are running.

#HafizSaeedMustDie
nam
BRF Oldie

Post by nam »

All we have to do is publicly announce we will kill Hafiz saaed. That's all.

Pakistan will increase security, with the world questioning why security to a terrorist. Else they willkill him themselves at some rally and blame it on India.

US will be in a fix. They can't oppose it nor support it.

We get some popcorn and watch the fun.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

I really think we should start going after Hafiz Saeed et al. The only reason we havent is our internal security is leaking like a sieve. With WB, Bihar, Kar, KL etc all at loggerheads with the center, the state police forces are all likely to be more vulnerable to politicking and hence internal security will be weak.
manjgu
BRF Oldie

Post by manjgu »

shiv...i am asking another question.. a) Will killing/bombing of Hafeez vs bombing of a significant PA installation elicit a different response from Pakistan? b) yes hafeex saeed has lot of traction but he is finally at beck/call of PA onlee. PA is real authority in pakistan. YOu are saying lower ranks are under islamist influence..I am saying whole of PA is radicalised, if Musharraf says he supports LeT. LeT finally is a ISI creation.
Eric Leiderman
BRFite

Post by Eric Leiderman »

Musharraf is a wanabe politician now. He was and is a slimy character who ditched his own soldiers when his plan went phatt at Kargil.
manjgu
BRF Oldie

Post by manjgu »

Hafiz has outlived his utility for PA...and thats the reason they are mainstreaming him..now he is a liability more than an asset..the new stars are rising to carry the jihad... Hafiz of 10 years ago is not the same in terms of his utility.. As G parthasarthy said we have paid price of inaction ..now its time to pay price of action.
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

He may be old but his son is ripe for targeting along with Grand kids, Pakistan is a Jihad factory and either we finish them or they will finish us, I think we are always reactionary which is our biggest problem. they need to be tackled at all levels and having a domestic MIC with ample amount of weaponary is the biggest deterrent to Pakis, not piecemeal imports.

Having a long memory and asking Massa to say remove Hafeez Sayed's US relatives, Javed Miandad and family etc is the Biggests deterrent, for that we need to have enough economic and military capability so that big powers no longer give these vermins a free life in Western countries.

The Pakis aftera ll see these SF cannon fodder who can strike behind enemy lines. They are at war with us while we are at peace with them. Many Indians have wrong sympathies also.

The best deterrent is our military capability and keeping their internal capability weak and them busy with internal conflict.
manjgu
BRF Oldie

Post by manjgu »

as per TOI Hafiz arrested again under US presure.
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

manjgu wrote:as per TOI Hafiz arrested again under US presure.
I.e given the best security in Pak land
Karthik S
BRF Oldie

Post by Karthik S »

Which security in paki land has best defense against BrahMos? I wishing that 26/11 will see some retribution. Don't even know if govt is thinking on those lines.
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

That Punk does not deserve Brahmos especially since we do not enough of them in our inventory. I am sure we can get him by artillery.
Manish_P
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_P »

What about the Israelis? Is he on their list? Would be a pity if he was halaled by them instead of us
Bala Vignesh
BRF Oldie

Post by Bala Vignesh »

Manish_P wrote:What about the Israelis? Is he on their list? Would be a pity if he was halaled by them instead of us
I am sure that such actions are informed back channel to all concerned nations, or at least their Intel chiefs, so that they not interfere with each other when engaging the target. It also ensures opsec for them.
Manish_P
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_P »

In quite a few cases such actions are not informed to intel chiefs of other nations, precisely so that they will not interfere :wink:
manjgu
BRF Oldie

Post by manjgu »

what are the experts on forum saying about Q. Will killing/bombing of Hafeez vs bombing of a significant PA installation elicit a different retaliation /response from Pakistan?
VKumar
BRFite

Post by VKumar »

Eric Leiderman wrote:Musharraf is a wanabe politician now. He was and is a slimy character who ditched his own soldiers when his plan went phatt at Kargil.
I fully agree. He deserves the noose. Shamefully Indian governments have been hosting him and showing him around like a tourist. He should have been arrested like the war criminal he is. Nothing more than an English speaking road side goonda.
nam
BRF Oldie

Post by nam »

manjgu wrote:what are the experts on forum saying about Q. Will killing/bombing of Hafeez vs bombing of a significant PA installation elicit a different retaliation /response from Pakistan?
There will no Paki response which we cannot survive.

Germany fired 2000 V2 on to UK killing 6000 people. Can Pakis fire 2000 missiles? or will we have issues with 6k causalities?. Will the world side with Pakis if India kills a terrorist? No.

So we need to fire and watch what Pakis will do.
ArjunPandit
BRF Oldie

Post by ArjunPandit »

If it happens on or before 10th anniv BRF should have a celebration toasting the 72 of har**i su*r
manjgu
BRF Oldie

Post by manjgu »

ofc...i did not mean that there will be a N shooting match or that we cant survive pak reaction. What i wanted to know will the pak reaction be any DIFFERENT in the two scenarios??
ArjunPandit
BRF Oldie

Post by ArjunPandit »

manjgu wrote:ofc...i did not mean that there will be a N shooting match or that we cant survive pak reaction. What i wanted to know will the pak reaction be any DIFFERENT in the two scenarios??
i am not expert here but My 2 paisa: Killing of Harami suar..oops hafiz saeed
1. Usual two forked voices in paki media: some R&D will begin in paki media and some outright denial
2. Paki army will definitely get back to us by trying bat raids on LOC, but as far as this govt is there, I doubt they will do any mumbai or anything else
3. THey will go to UN, taking pictures from syria and what not
4 paki pm/president would quote in media that their desire to pursue peace should not be taken as weakness, drama of responsible power by weak civvie govt, and threats by paki terror army
5. Lakhvi syede salauddin will send message through kabootars for a 1000 year war from a cave near afghan border
6. possibly an attack on indian embassy in afghanistan
7. some rail attack
8. some riots by sleeper cell: darn those 10 years by UPA
Paki installation:
1. All the above, but hafiz will chime in
2. paki army will certainly increase the stakes somewhere on border, may be mobilization, threatening US/UN to bring peace or
3. Nuke bum dhamaki

India will obviously not play cricket and expel their ambassador and their artists, though i wont mind keeping mahira khan for indians and fawad khan for KJo (not the l&m field marshal)
Aditya G
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya G »

The Lutyens Media including Ajai Shukla have maligned Mr. Parrikar a lot, but I still believe he was the best RM we've had since George Fernandes.

http://indianexpress.com/article/india/ ... t-4975834/

Stating that Indian Air Force was much superior to Pakistan’s during the 1999 Kargil war, Parrikar said, “Between 1999 and 2014, until Narendra Modi came, Pakistan, through various purchases, had acquired a capacity of 100 km range, whereas we had upgraded our BVR (Beyond Visual Range missile) only 60 km on Su 30. So we were now in danger of being shot down by Pakistani fighters from 100 km away, and not being able to retaliate. That is also part of the (Rafale) purchase.”

Stating that part of the deal is “servicability at 80 per cent”, he said, “I am explaining this only to make you understand that an aircraft may cost 92 million Euros, but other components will cost you 150 million Euros because you have to make it fighting fit.”

On surgical strikes, Parrikar said such strikes are “all about hard power”. He said, “…I was part of the team that did that consecutively on eastern and western border, successfully without any damage to our side. So India, probably for the first time, started getting ratings of 95 and 100 per cent on hard power.”

On the strike along the LoC, he said he “must have had” 18 or 19 meetings between the terror strike at Uri and the actual strike. The meetings included several top Army officers and Defence Ministry officials “right above joint secretary level”. But, he said, “nothing leaked out, including flying out some of the officers to some foreign capitals to make arrangements. We had to send officers with authority to carry out on-spot purchase… :?:
Thakur_B
BRF Oldie

Post by Thakur_B »

The history channel is gonna air docu on SS soon. The promo looks good.
la.khan
BRFite

Post by la.khan »

I hope there are no terror strikes on India; if there are any, I want the GoI to authorize IA/IAF/IN to give the t*rds on our NW borders hell :evil:

FWIW, Major Gaurav Arya (Retd) on Cold Start: https://majorgauravarya.wordpress.com/2 ... old-start/ Looks like our guys are ready with some good options :twisted:
vasu raya
BRFite

Post by vasu raya »

Attack choppers are so pertinent to either Surgical strikes or Cold Start, but no, we are more worried about hoarding LUH orders than getting LCH nos cranked
Bart S
BRF Oldie

Post by Bart S »

vasu raya wrote:Attack choppers are so pertinent to either Surgical strikes or Cold Start, but no, we are more worried about hoarding LUH K-226T orders than getting LCH nos cranked
Fixed
vasu raya
BRFite

Post by vasu raya »

sure, dump an additional production line meanwhile LCH nos wouldn't be ramped until ALH orders are tapered
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

vasu raya wrote:Attack choppers are so pertinent to either Surgical strikes or Cold Start, but no, we are more worried about hoarding LUH orders than getting LCH nos cranked
I have to object to what appears to be an ignorant post. I have tried to point this out a thousand times. There will be no border to protect or need for LCH if we cannot supply our troops. They are spread out in areas with thousands of helipads. There are civlians as well and many are supplied by and evacuated by helicopters.

There is no need to make a fake zero sum connection between transport helos and combat helos. This sort of information soon becomes "common knowledge" so some BRFite in 3 months will say "Oh I recall reading that LCH production cannot be ramped up until Ka 226 is done"

It is important that we stick to known facts and not drive off into flights of fancy that gradually become the truth, The media do that all the time and we thrash about in frustrated anger. But we do it too.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »