Bharat Rakshak Forum Announcement

Hello Everyone,

A warm welcome back to the Bharat Rakshak Forum.

Important Notice: Due to a corruption in the BR forum database we regret to announce that data records relating to some of our registered users have been lost. We estimate approx. 500 user details are deleted.

To ease the process of recreating the user IDs we request members that have previously posted on the BR forums to recognise and identify their posts, once the posts are identified please contact the BRF moderator team by emailing BRF Mod Team with your post details.

The mod team will be able to update your username, email etc. so that the user history can be maintained.

Unfortunately for members that have never posted or have had all their posts deleted i.e. users that have 0 posts, we will be unable to recreate your account hence we request that you re-register again.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your understanding.

Regards,
Seetal

China Military Watch - Sept' 2016

The Military Issues & History Forum is a venue to discuss issues relating to the military aspects of the Indian Armed Forces, whether the past, present or future. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
vina
BRF Oldie
Location: Doing Nijikaran, Udharikaran and Baazarikaran to Commies and Assorted Leftists

Re: China Military Watch - Sept' 2016

Postby vina » 06 Oct 2017 10:18

deejay wrote:^^^you missed the point. :)

Oh, I do agree with the "gist" ,but was just pointing out it wasn't due to the the turbo piston engine.
But then, like Archimedes said, give a rod, long enough and strong enough and a point to rest it on, and I will move the world.
So, if the chinese get a "long enough" runway built, maybe they can.

chola
BRFite

Postby chola » 06 Oct 2017 10:26

deejay wrote:
pravula wrote:...

Sorry, no special physics applies to IA or IAF. All combustion engines loose power will reduced air flow, compressors are there to address this issue.

You are talking of cruising at 25000 feet right and I am talking of take off from Tibet. I am sure Physics does not allow great PE performance from Tibet even for Chinese PLA or PLAAF.

Turbocharged or not, I don't see people doing well with even jets at those altitudes. Neither will Chinese UAVs.

Yes, that is why these Predator-clones are all over the Middle East and why even J-10s or J-11s are rare in Tibet never mind drones.

(Read my posts on why we should have gone to war with Cheen during Doklam in the “PRC Defanged” thread. A missed opportunity where we owned overwhelming air and ground strength exactly because of Tibet’s topography.)

chola
BRFite

Postby chola » 06 Oct 2017 10:39

For a commie nation, the PRC manage their PSUs and private sector in a competitive environment pretty well.

I didn’t realize that the CH-4 sold to Iraq, Saudi Arabia and Egypt was never supported by their government and never sold to the PLA (they supposedly fly the Wing Loongs onlee.) Imagine if ADA/HAL or a subdivision of theirs had come up with something they can sell without begging from the MoD and ultimately the MoF? None of this stuff is beyond HAL (especially if we hadn’t skipped the piston, turboprop, turbojet foundational steps in the 1980s and 90s while shooting for the moon in a modern turbofan like the Kaveri.)

The moola the CH-4’s manufacturer CASC received from the Arabs allowed them to develop the CH-5 which will make even more muzzies who can’t buy Amreeki killer drones interested no doubt.

AdityaM
BRFite

Postby AdityaM » 07 Oct 2017 11:54

If India threatens chinese sea lanes via Malacca, is Djibouti the Chinese counter?

https://twitter.com/rajfortyseven/statu ... 3999527939
#China #PLA strategical mega fortress #Djibouti has unprecedented security.Massive storage base2feed Div+ for>3mnths

https://theprint.in/2017/09/27/china-me ... -pakistan/

massive
fortress is being constructed that can easily accommodate over a brigade
strength force, has an unprecedented four-layered security ring and can
handle a dozen helicopters.

Cain Marko
BRF Oldie

Postby Cain Marko » 07 Oct 2017 12:07

055 type launched. Massive destroyer this @ 13500 tons

chola
BRFite

Postby chola » 07 Oct 2017 14:15

AdityaM wrote:If India threatens chinese sea lanes via Malacca, is Djibouti the Chinese counter?

https://twitter.com/rajfortyseven/statu ... 3999527939
#China #PLA strategical mega fortress #Djibouti has unprecedented security.Massive storage base2feed Div+ for>3mnths

https://theprint.in/2017/09/27/china-me ... -pakistan/

massive
fortress is being constructed that can easily accommodate over a brigade
strength force, has an unprecedented four-layered security ring and can
handle a dozen helicopters.

No room for an air base or even an air strip so that limits its ability to patrol the ocean. Not much of a threat to India yet. A supply depot for PLAN ships transittimg the region.

The troops based here are more geared towards Africa and the Middle East. To protect OBOR should things go south? Once PLAN destroyers and frigates are in Gwadar or Iran (Iranians touted the PLAN visit this summer as a jab in Unkil’s eye) then they will have forces to contest a blockade at Malacca.

chola
BRFite

Postby chola » 07 Oct 2017 14:41

Cain Marko wrote:055 type launched. Massive destroyer this @ 13500 tons

I don’t think any of the four they have building in Shanghai and Dalian are actually in the water yet. But 13K tons DDGs being built in parallel in multiple shipyards are food for thought while we wait for four Visakhapatnams at half their size from MDL onlee.

chola
BRFite

Postby chola » 12 Oct 2017 02:29

Major piece of intel. Well respected chini mil watch site East Pendulum now says that the first launch of a J-15 from an EMALS device occurred in November of last year. It even mentioned the test pilot Cheng who has 2100 hours flying on naval aircraft.

The link is in French, use google translate if interested.

http://www.eastpendulum.com/armee-chinoise-confirme-le-catapultage-reussi-dun-j-15-sur-emals

The lizard has a fvcking EMALS catapult and the MoD had just put our carrier program on ice.

Return to “Military Issues & History Forum”