China Military Watch - Sept' 2016

Liu
BRFite

Re: China Military Watch - Sept' 2016

Post by Liu »

Karan M wrote:
Liu wrote:Well,j20 and t50 appeared Almost at The same time,but j20 seems to enter into service sooner than t50.

China can afford more prototypes and testing infrstructures than russia. That might be why j20 is advancing faster than t50.i think.
yes, yes, 9 women can deliver a baby in a month. china is unique in that regard.

ps: with super advanced j-20, why all the news about purchasing su-35? lolwa?
case is that you always keep blind to one woman until she has bee pregant for 9 months
Austin
BRF Oldie

Post by Austin »

deejay
Forum Moderator

Post by deejay »

^^^ Taking poor quality picture of military hardware is a modern Chinese art.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

New Chinese camera?
NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

Chinese scientists made worms produce super silk by feeding them a nanotube diet
To a certain breed of materials scientist, there is nothing quite so tantalizing as silk. Spider silk, pound for pound, is stonger than steel. Its production comes at a far less severe environmental cost than extracting and forging metal.

The problem with spiders, however, is that the arachnids do not produce silk in copious amounts. Nor are these animals always content to live in harmonious groups. That has not stopped researchers from trying to wring forth spider silk in creative ways. A company called Nexia Biotechnologies genetically engineered goats to produce spider silk in their milk, which it called BioSteel. No one could figure out how to cheaply separate the strands from the goat milk, though, and Nexia went bankrupt in 2009.

Enter silkworms, the larvae of the moth Bombyx mori. Unlike spiders, these insects have been coaxed into spurting out the stuff in profitable amounts thanks to thousands of years of human influence. Given plenty of mulberry leaves on which to munch, they are only too happy to spin their cocoons by the basketful. Silkworm silk can be spun into luxurious clothing, but it lacks the bullet-absorbing potential of the stronger spider kind

Researchers are now creatively approaching silk from the Bombyx mori angle. In a new study in the journal Nano Letters, a team of chemists from Tsinghua University in Beijing, China, found that by feeding silkworms a diet enhanced with carbon nanomaterials, the animals produced silk up to 50 percent stronger. After it was heated, too, the altered silk was able to conduct electricity. (Conductive fabrics enable computers to be woven into smart clothes, a goal of programs like Google’s Project Jacquard.)

[Navy grants $750,000 to develop bomb-sniffing locusts]

The scientists, led by nanotube expert Yingying Zhang, sprayed mulberry leaves with single-walled carbon nanotubes or graphene, a honeycombed sheet of carbon molecules. After the worms digested the treated leaves, the nanomaterials were either “incorporated into the as-spun silk fibers,” the scientists wrote, or simply excreted.

shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Fighter Pilots Can’t Fight If They Can’t See

This article reminded me of a suspicion I have had. J-20 cockpit visibility does not appear great to me.

How can I tell? Well, if you can see the cockpit from any given angle, the pilot can see you. So here are images where the cockpit can't be seen suggesting blind spots
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-jGu6fgs5F5U/U ... ials+2.jpg

This is a particularly telling image about the cockpit canopy
http://i55.tinypic.com/b7lzdf.jpg

This one is weird. Wonder if it is a copy paste on a diff background. Can't see canopy at all
https://media.licdn.com/mpr/mpr/shrinkn ... aafb08.jpg

Top of canopy just visible here
http://www.defencetalk.com/wp-content/u ... -china.jpg

A clear blind spot
http://mmbiz.qpic.cn/mmbiz/ibxGLRblTQ7e ... wx_fmt=png

Blind spot
http://n2.hk/d/attachments/day_140406/2 ... JHCSdf.jpg

blind
http://i.imgur.com/JGFjR1n.jpg

Approaching the blind cone below
http://www.popsci.com/sites/popsci.com/ ... ight_2.jpg

Virtually blind below and in front
https://k60.kn3.net/taringa/8/6/1/E/4/8 ... oa/8C1.jpg

For contrast see these
http://lifeofsoldiers.com/wp-content/up ... y-2016.jpg
https://indiansciencejournal.files.word ... ejas02.jpg
http://img01.ibnlive.in/ibnlive/uploads ... 50x426.jpg
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

saar like the SR71 its meant to fly at frontal and side VLO , high speed, high level , release munitions and then turn for home. its not meant as a A2A bird but a VLO launch platform for missiles. its a naval strike plane to place the J8 and JH7 and supplement the vulnerable H6 ALCM carriers. a smallish canopy minimizes radar reflections off the interior.

the J35 is the A2A oriented bird.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

^^ :D Excuses. Excuses

Read the warisboring article i posted at the beginning
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

just pointing out the stlong cheen strajee saar.
chola
BRF Oldie

Post by chola »

This version of the J-10 actually looks good (like its Lavi predecessor.)

It makes me nostalgic for the days when I riled up the 50-centers in many a fora that their J-10 was nothing but vaporware.

Now one of them even sports a chini ws-10 engine. It breaks my heart to be perfectly honest. Probably both plane and engine are mediocre if not poor products but who knows? What can't be denied is they slugged away at it and have an indigenous product.
chola
BRF Oldie

Post by chola »

Fake? That looks like a ARJ-21 with a AEW radome. That craft uses western exported PW engines, can't be used in a military project. They do this and their civilian goes into the can with an embargo. But who knows. They lie, cheat and steal at everything else.
DavidD
BRFite

Post by DavidD »

That's a fake, there are just so many things wrong with using the ARJ-21 as an AWACS.

As for the visibility issues w/ the J-20, it has the sino-EODAS system unlike the F-22 or the T-50, which theoretically should provide 360 degree view. Of course, even the F-35 had a lot of software issues so who knows how well it's executed. But then again, the PLA did steal millions of lines of codes from the F-35, so maybe that issue has been addressed :lol:
Liu
BRFite

Post by Liu »

Well,j16 is reported to being massproduced now. It is a dual~role bird( fighter/striker) like su30.

Its priority is Only behind j20.

Its a typical 4.5 g bird,and its avionics/radar/weapon is one generation ahead of s30mkk.

As a whole ,its peformance is quite close to su35 and The lastest mod of f15e.

After j20 entet into service, pla will keep a huge unstealth fleet .
J16 is to replace su30 and to be The backbone of pla's unstealth fleet

http://m.cjdby.net/forum.php?mod=viewth ... 7&mobile=1
Austin
BRF Oldie

Post by Austin »

Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

their version of the ghawk perhaps a radar picket uav

Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

JayS
Forum Moderator

Post by JayS »

chola wrote:
Fake? That looks like a ARJ-21 with a AEW radome. That craft uses western exported PW engines, can't be used in a military project. They do this and their civilian goes into the can with an embargo. But who knows. They lie, cheat and steal at everything else.
PW is already been slapped by Unkil for trying to sell engines for mil helis. Don't think they will get into any more controversy now.
JayS
Forum Moderator

Post by JayS »

It looks too smooth to my eyes.
deejay
Forum Moderator

Post by deejay »

^^^ These are 02 different birds of the same type. Look at antennas on the spine and tail plane (rudder area) and nose for obvious signs of differences,
Zynda
BRF Oldie

Post by Zynda »

Yes...two different birds. One with Russian engine and the other one with their indigenous power plant.
chola
BRF Oldie

Post by chola »

Liu wrote:Well,j16 is reported to being massproduced now. It is a dual~role bird( fighter/striker) like su30.

Its a typical 4.5 g bird,and its avionics/radar/weapon is one generation ahead of s30mkk.

Now this is something useful. Some intel from a chini language site. I rather see mire of this than obviously sped up videos of the fat and ungainly looking J-20.

The J-16 looks like a complete rip-off of the MKK. No response from Russia? You would think a threatened embargo of the AL-31 would stop the chinis dead on this track. Apparently not. Russkies are spineless wonders -- except when dealing with the GOI.

Anyways, good work long-time chini member. I rather you post more intel from the chinese language forums onlee than engaging in 50-cent tit for tat with our jingos.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

all this cloning incl using russi engines on clones has obviously russi blessings for license payments and help. you can call it a 'deep license' for which unknown sums of money are always paid.

russia never gives anything for free to anyone.
Liu
BRFite

Post by Liu »

chola wrote:
Liu wrote:Well,j16 is reported to being massproduced now. It is a dual~role bird( fighter/striker) like su30.

Now this is something useful. Some intel from a chini language site. I rather see mire of this than obviously sped up videos of the fat and ungainly looking J-20.

The J-16 looks like a complete rip-off of the MKK. No response from Russia? You would think a threatened embargo of the AL-31 would stop the chinis dead on this track. Apparently not. Russkies are spineless wonders -- except when dealing with the GOI.

Anyways, good work long-time chini member. I rather you post more intel from the chinese language forums onlee than engaging in 50-cent tit for tat with our jingos.
Well,
Some guys said that Finally plaaf would have Only 3 fighter/striker(j20,j16,j10d),because
su27/j11/su30/su35 would not be ordered any more.
DavidD
BRFite

Post by DavidD »

chola wrote:

The sino-flankers haven't used Russian engines for a decade now, though the Russians would love to sell more whenever the Chinese want them. The J-10 and the J-20 both are still using AL-31 variants, for example.

As for the two J-10 pics, the top one is a production J-10C with Al-31 variant and AESA along with some other avionics upgrades. The bottom one is a J-10B WS-10 testbed with PESA radar.
DavidD
BRFite

Post by DavidD »

Liu wrote:
chola wrote:

Well,
Some guys said that Finally plaaf would have Only 3 fighter/striker(j20,j16,j10d),because
su27/j11/su30/su35 would not be ordered any more.
The J-11D is undergoing flight tests right now, with 2 prototypes flying currently, so it won't just be those 3 IMO.
Liu
BRFite

Post by Liu »

China is ready to show its own AESA for export on The coming Zhuhai weapon Show.

It is reported The exporting AESA is in The same league of yankees's APG77(F22'S AESA).

Of course,since It is a exporting one,i think It can not be chinese best one,according to The routine.(APG77 was developed 10 years ago,and surely not yankees' best one today)

If It is true,it proves that china' radar tech is advancing So fast that It might already leave russians,europeans and japanese behind ,and be The most competitive runner~up of yankees.
Last edited by Liu on 20 Oct 2016 08:52, edited 1 time in total.
Sid
BRFite

Post by Sid »

Liu wrote:China is ready to show its own AESA for export on The coming Zhuhai weapon Show.

It is reported The exporting AESA is in The same league of yankees's APG77(F22'S AESA).

Of course,since It is a exporting one,i think It can not be chinese best one,according to The routine.
How do you intentionally degrade performance of an export version? Do they rub this AESA antenna with sand paper before exporting?

This question has always puzzled me for a long time because it sounds like a great excuse to marginalize inherent bad performance of a hardware.

I mean if an export version of a radar will have high failure rate of tx/rx module, overheating issues and problems in finding target is clutter, how domestic variant of same radar can be void of all these issues?
Liu
BRFite

Post by Liu »

Sid wrote:
Liu wrote:China is ready to show its own AESA for export on The coming Zhuhai weapon Show.

Of course,since It is a exporting one,i think It can not be chinese best one,according to The routine.
How do you intentionally degrade performance of an export version? Do they rub this AESA antenna with sand paper before exporting?

This question has always puzzled me for a long time because it sounds like a great excuse to marginalize inherent bad performance of a hardware.

I mean if an export version of a radar will have high failure rate of tx/rx module, overheating issues and problems in finding target is clutter, how domestic variant of same radar can be void of all these issues?
Nobody would sell Its best sword to others,just in order that he is not killed with The sold sword by others.
How to degrade weapons is not as complicated as you think.
As for radar, It may work to reset some configuration,If you have all codes.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Liu wrote: Nobody would sell Its best sword to others,just in order that he is not killed with The sold sword by others.
But China sold supersonic 4.5 gen fly-by-wire multirole JF-17 to Pakistan. It must be really good because the Paki air force is so competent and hold PLAAF pilots in contempt
http://www.asian-defence.net/2010/12/jf ... -show.html
Hannan describes the aerobatics display of the JF-17 as brilliant. The JF-17 flew twice every day of the air show. He notes that the weather conditions were very bad and hard to take videos in. He said that the J-10s did not perform particularly well. Hannan comments that in 14 minutes of display there was a single performance of 360 and three half-hearted loops. He observes that the rest of the displays by the J-10 were formation flights. He notes that one of the Sherdil pilots comments about the J-10 pilots in Punjabi that the old men of China cannot fly their own planes.
Sid
BRFite

Post by Sid »

Liu wrote: Nobody would sell Its best sword to others,just in order that he is not killed with The sold sword by others.
How to degrade weapons is not as complicated as you think.
As for radar, It may work to reset some configuration,If you have all codes.
We are talking about inherent hardware deficiencies not radar modes.

Can you please enlighten us how easy it is to degrade an export variant, an example will help a lot!!
Liu
BRFite

Post by Liu »

Btw,
As for The engine of j20a.

Sombody confirmed that j20a is One upgraded mod of al31(99m2),which is a special russian engine funded by china.

Russia developed 2 special interrim upgraded engines based on al31 .One is self~funded 117s for t50,The other is 99m2 funded by china.

Besides ws15(j20's ultimate engine),chinese own ws10b is also in The same league of 117s and 99m2 ,and can be The interim engine of j20.

However,ws10b was not finished Until last year and was not ready When j20a's finished most tests.

Since 99m2 and ws10b are both interrim engines Before ws15,i don't think that pla would redesign j20a,just for replacing One interrim engine ( russia 99m2) with another One (chinese ws10b)
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

By bringing the filipino president Duterte into its camp, hounded by western hooman rights , China has neatly dustbinned the entire usn western pacific plan. Philipine chain has the dominant position in the region.

Next move....a sinic carrier and sub base in the Subic bay
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

And elint posts all over and a leased airbase or two for j20 and h6

Giggle giggle
Sid
BRFite

Post by Sid »

Liu wrote:Btw,
As for The engine of j20a............

Thank you for your insightful post Liu, we all are well acquainted on how well WS10 and WS15 are fairing.

Can you go back to the question I asked and clarify your statement.
chola
BRF Oldie

Post by chola »

Singha wrote:all this cloning incl using russi engines on clones has obviously russi blessings for license payments and help. you can call it a 'deep license' for which unknown sums of money are always paid.

I fully agree. And probably sold the specs to the MKI along with it. The whole paki-blunder program as well as their J-10 are dependent on russian engines. No way could the cloning have happened unless the russkies allowed it.

To hell with the russians and their crap (which killed more IAF pilots than the porki could ever dreamt to)
Liu
BRFite

Post by Liu »

chola wrote:
Singha wrote:all this cloning incl using russi engines on clones has obviously russi blessings for license payments and help. you can call it a 'deep license' for which unknown sums of money are always paid.

I fully agree. And probably sold the specs to the MKI along with it. The whole paki-blunder program as well as their J-10 are dependent on russian engines. No way could the cloning have happened unless the russkies allowed it.

To hell with the russians and their crap (which killed more IAF pilots than the porki could ever dreamt to)
Russia did give some help, but the precondition is that Russian assure CHinese could fix the problem by themselves later even without Russia's help.

for example,
if Chinese Ws15/Ws10B engine did not work, Russia would not provide 99M2.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

Save time. Download Inshorts, India's highest rated news app, to read news in 60 words.
https://goo.gl/FU63Ha

Game set match to cheen as duterte pivots west
Austin
BRF Oldie

Post by Austin »

Report: Chinese Spies Stole Pentagon Secrets

http://freebeacon.com/national-security ... n-secrets/
Liu
BRFite

Post by Liu »