Army strikes terror camps in PoK

The Military Issues & History Forum is a venue to discuss issues relating to the military aspects of the Indian Armed Forces, whether the past, present or future. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
hnair
Forum Moderator

Re: Army strikes terror camps in PoK

Post by hnair »

asgkhan wrote:During the goatnapping of OBL, there was a pic circulated of obummer and shillary along with the command center staring intently at the screen. Can the IA release the same of Modi and the members looking at the live feed of turning pigs into fertilizer ?
actually, I thought that OBL-WH photo was ludicrous and was a "Dukakis in a tank" moment, that the Republicans never exploited well. It gave so much importance to a goat-lover on the run!

The photo should have been one of Obama gargling his mouth in the morning, while a suit-n-medal type tells him what happened when he was sleeping.

Instead, we have "the most pawerfool peeps in the world" sitting bleary eyed like in some kind of a late night TCS customer call, caused by a hissyfit throwing redneck IT manager of Walmart.
sum
BRF Oldie

Post by sum »

^^ Any more news on the captured soldier which most MSM seems to be reporting?

Hope that we are moving heaven and earth to get him back. Scared to even imagine him being locked in with the Jihadi pigs all around him!
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

RoyG wrote:
suryag wrote:We should continuously push the loc westward
How?
start with haji pir pass. in time push LoC such that we control the commanding heights.
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

Amoghvarsha wrote:http://thediplomat.com/2016/09/is-india ... d-kashmir/

What is this guy on about?

Can the Saars of BRF throw some light here?
the moron cant even spell rustom. why bother ?
Khalsa
BRFite

Post by Khalsa »

its okay
named identified and he is alive.

He will become bargaining chip. Good news he won't be coming back like Saurabh Kalia.
What you don't want is MIA... POW are fine.

Dont worry and don't get influenced by the claims from the other side.
We have punched them so hard ... they are still inhaling air while their media goes on full attack

Trust in our common soldier and officer. They are leaps and miles ahead of the other effers.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

JTull wrote:Initial reports suggested some PA border posts were destroyed, probably while returning. Why not occupy that territory if GoI truly believes it's Indian anyway? It allows us to ingress deeper next time.
The issue may be one of setting up defences for the inevitable counter attack - manning them and logistics and support and taking it back again if lost. It it was not in the plan it may just be an additional burden
RoyG
BRF Oldie

Post by RoyG »

hnair wrote:
RoyG wrote:Singha,

We should probably try to refocus the conversation on emerging news. I think all the previous points have been discussed to death. This will keep the thread moving.
suggest not to poke your nose in during admin action. Christopher Sidor needs to respond. thanks
hnair,

It was a general suggestion. Wasn't my intention to butt in. I noticed many are just rehashing old news and analysis.

Is the whole DARPA affair still giving you an itch?

Singha,

No disrespect intended.
Last edited by hnair on 30 Sep 2016 10:22, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: "Is the whole DARPA affair still giving you an itch?". Desist from baiting admins, you have a lengthy rap sheet of actions taken by nearly every admin
RoyG
BRF Oldie

Post by RoyG »

Rahul M wrote:
RoyG wrote:
How?
start with haji pir pass. in time push LoC such that we control the commanding heights.
What about the two peaks still occupied by Pakistan after Kargil?
Khalsa
BRFite

Post by Khalsa »

RoyG wrote:
Rahul M wrote: start with haji pir pass. in time push LoC such that we control the commanding heights.
What about the two peaks still occupied by Pakistan after Kargil?
Had the same discussion with the Colonel last night
Why the EFF was haji Pir given back
RoyG
BRF Oldie

Post by RoyG »

Any sort of land grabbing action isn't going to happen anytime soon. It will be hard to justify taking back these areas especially after so much time has elapsed.
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

CRamS wrote:RudraJi, excellent points. This attack has clearly caused "pain" to TSPA/ISI/RAPE, no doubt about it. Now, is it sufficient that they will eschew terror, call for talks and come to a reasonable settlement of Kashmir and join India in a civilized manner to deal with nation building issues, I doubt it. In fact, they will retaliate and try to establish some form of equal equal in the coming days. And I am pretty sure India is well prepared. But the point is that India's current multi-pronged strategy when applied in a sustained manner, and if whites like that Dalton puke, were to help India in applying economic/political/diplomatic pressure on TSP instead of giving gratuitous advice, this approach has the potential to succeed.
Yes they will retaliate, but even if we did nothing they would attack us even more vigour. But thee H&D loss is huge and they will have other detractors. Part of the support the Pakis have in Kashmir and Delhi is because off the soo called Myth Muslim Army Never lost a Battle against Kaffirs.

By Keeping the pressure on them they do a mistake, other thier attacks were always a time and place of their choice.
khan
BRFite

Post by khan »

Others have pointed out some of the paradox's that that Pakistani's face - and I would like to add another.

The only way for them to reliably protect against such ground incuursions in the future is to put more boots on the ground - near the border, which is expensive and puts them in range of Indian light artillery :mrgreen:

So far it that been Indian troops trying to prevent infiltration - let us see how good they are at playing this very expensive game.

It's good to be back fellow Rakshaks.
hnair
Forum Moderator

Post by hnair »

warning issued to RoyG
RoyG
BRF Oldie

Post by RoyG »

Aditya_V,

Have you been reading about the naval exercise in the Arabian Sea? Its a show of force which is perfectly in line w/ escalation dominance after the strike. So far things are progressing well with Afghanistan. Chabahar is going to allow us to play a much bigger role in aiding the national government and ANA to pressure the Taliban and we're slowly making inroads into Balochistan. I'm not familiar w/ the dynamics of Sindh. Perhaps you can touch on this one.
RoyG
BRF Oldie

Post by RoyG »

hnair wrote:warning issued to RoyG
For what? This is ridiculous.

You clearly abused your privileges that time. Banning me for suggesting espionage operations against DARPA b/c the director is Indian. Give me a break.

Oh and hnair, another thing. Singha doesn't need you speaking for him. If he has a problem w/ me he can say it and I will gladly do whatever is required to rectify the problem.
Last edited by RoyG on 30 Sep 2016 10:35, edited 2 times in total.
ArmenT
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by ArmenT »

Just a dumb question here: did the op happen last night or last week?

Reason I ask is because there was news of an op from 20th, news of which was reported here as well (e.g. this post).
Were there two ops? one op? Did some journos get an early hint that an op was planned before it actually happened?? Anyone have any info?
kmkraoind
BRF Oldie

Post by kmkraoind »

Posting some Tweets by Col Ajit Bhinder ‏@ajitbhinder
1.Paras targeted 3 launch pads with12 pigs at each site. Paras wasted them quietly, they didn't know what hit em.
2.Ghataks from Dogra and Bihar hit 3 launch pads where they killed fidayeen squads-one pig blew himself up taking half his squad with him.
3.Ghatak got close enough to stab 2 bunched pigs with bare hands.
4. truck loads of SSG BATs & Rangers beat a hasty retreat after being tackled by Ghataks leaving some dead.
5.Bihar&Dogra were on revenge mode-not surgical- but used brute force-their action recorded by IR drone footage-inflicted massive damage.
6.Ghataks covered the Para's egress back. Final, estimate of toll is between 60-70 killed including at least 6-12 Pak army.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

ArmenT wrote:Just a dumb question here: did the op happen last night or last week?

Reason I ask is because there was news of an op from 20th, news of which was reported here as well (e.g. this post).
Were there two ops? one op? Did some journos get an early hint that an op was planned before it actually happened?? Anyone have any info?
:D Good point

I can see that there has been a lot of obfuscation with reports of HAHO jumps, Helos used but also mine injuries (why would they mine a temporary camp - could it have been border infiltration and 3 km hike?) Could have been all.

Happy to see use of Bihar regt Ghataks with flamethrowers. They must have been really "fired up" so to speak and would have had roast pork that night
manjgu
BRF Oldie

Post by manjgu »

I seriously doubt para jumps to reach the launch pads which are 2/3 km off the LOC. a good hike would have been enough. this HAHO , HALO looks all a bit too much.. a surgical action need not be thru HAHO HALO... i would have loved to see 100 severed heads strung as evidence of 'surgery' for Ajai Shook Law !! I hope the video , pics do come out.
ks_sachin
BRF Oldie

Post by ks_sachin »

shiv wrote:
ArmenT wrote:Just a dumb question here: did the op happen last night or last week?

:D Good point

I can see that there has been a lot of obfuscation with reports of HAHO jumps, Helos used but also mine injuries (why would they mine a temporary camp - could it have been border infiltration and 3 km hike?) Could have been all.

Happy to see use of Bihar regt Ghataks with flamethrowers. They must have been really "fired up" so to speak and would have had roast pork that night
And the Dogras Saar!!!
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

can't it be both ? :wink:
hnair
Forum Moderator

Post by hnair »

RoyG wrote:
hnair wrote:warning issued to RoyG
For what? This is ridiculous.

You clearly abused your privileges that time. Banning me for suggesting espionage operations against DARPA b/c the director is Indian. Give me a break.

Oh and hnair, another thing. Singha doesn't need you speaking for him. If he has a problem w/ me he can say it and I will gladly do whatever is required to rectify the problem.
Your interpretation of moderation is a bit skewed: If singha (or any other fellow admin) has a problem with you, it is my problem too. You dont get to pick the moderator you want to comply with. So please stop trying to play childish games, by attempting to drive a wedge between moderators

And do take your complaints to the forum feedback thread. Any more posts on this topic will be deleted in this particular thread
Nitesh
BRFite

Post by Nitesh »

This was 2nd strike, the first one did not produced "desired results"

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/new ... 594097.cms
partha
BRF Oldie

Post by partha »

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/indi ... 596113.cms
Surgical Strikes: First major use of Cartosat images for Army
BENGALURU: In what's being described as the first major use of the Cartosat family of satellites, the last one (2c) launched in June this year, sources in Isro said that the armed forces were aided by high-resolution images for the surgical strikes+ conducted across the line of control+ (LoC) in the small hours of Thursday.
ks_sachin
BRF Oldie

Post by ks_sachin »

Pakistan par surgical operations kuch aisa kiya...... reminds me a famous dialogue by the legend actor RAJ KUMAR...

"Hum tumhe maarenge, aur zaroor maarenge...lekin wo bandook bhi humari hogi...goli bhi humari hogi...aur waqt bhi humara hoga!" ......... Sirf jagah tumhari hogi...........
Philip
BRF Oldie

Post by Philip »

A deliberate campaign of deception was used by the GOI and even the media and BRF played their part with deliberate scepticsal scenarios of mil action on our part.
The most the Pakis expected perhaps was arty barrages which they would retaliate too in kind with more intrusions.They are now in a cleft stick.Continue terror ops in J&K primarily ,and face further Indian mil action ,plus even more dpl action.The threat of breaking off aviation ties and overflights will further constrict their intl. status.Bollywood has now done its part,no Paki artists to work in India until terror stops,and more eco screws can be expected.The noose is tightening for the TSP aka PSP.

The Pakis are weakest in the maritime sphere.A threat of a maritime blockade is deadly serious for them.If they ratchet up the level in mil terms,this is a v.probable scenario and they either succumb to their death wish or cry "Uncle" (Sam) as they did during Kargil .

http://www.defencenews.in/article/The-G ... ullet-8406
The 'Great' PAF Has Crashed 2 Fighters & 1 Drone even before India fired a single bullet

Thursday, September 29, 2016
By: MensXP

It’s no secret that Pakistan’s Air Force is the weakest link of the Pakistani military and, in case both Pakistan and India are engaged in a war, then the Indian Air Force will probably win the war single-handedly for India. This was made clear recently when reports of two Pakistani air force fighters going down during practice surfaced.

It is being reported that a Pakistani F-7 crashed in a training mission in the North-West Frontier Province killing a young Lieutenant Amer Shazad.
While many reports said that it was an accident due to heavy fog, malfunction or shoddy condition of the aircrafts cannot be ruled out.

This news hadn’t even settled in yet and Twitter was already abuzz with another news of a JF-17 Thunder missing in action around the Arabian Sea.
'The Dawn' also reported a confirmed crash of an Unmanned Aerial Vehicle near Mianwali during a training drill on a routine mission.

Pakistan’s threats and rhetoric of waging a war against India will fall flat if these routine reports of their shoddy military preparedness don’t cease because if this is their reality even before a single bullet is fired from the Indian side, then we can only imagine what would happen if a full-blown war breaks out.
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

And Notice how Pak Media is completely silent about what is PAF radar coverage along LOC, what is the their fleet readiness level, While Su-30 went down to 45% now being up to 60% and will reach 70-75% in the coming years. There is an absolute silence on such operational data from the Pakistani side. Now we hear Pakis have gaps on the LOC and Don't want to put their troops within light artillery coverage along the LOC.
kedariprasad
BRFite -Trainee

Post by kedariprasad »

Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval to put US support behind India, warns Pak on terror

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/indi ... 578227.cms
juvva
BRFite

Post by juvva »

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/new ... 599220.cms
India's 'eyes in the skies' gave images for surgical strikes

Read more at:
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/art ... aign=cppst
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

the first attacks by arty on deeper, bigger camps had the desired effect of flushing the rats out in dispersed smaller camps near LOC where we could claw them.
Shaktimaan
BRFite

Post by Shaktimaan »

Saars, I've been closely following various RAPEs on social media like Reddit, Facebook and Twitter. Their main argument is that India is lying and no such attacks took place at all. The main argument is "Do you think Indian forces can just waltz across the heavily defended LoC and kill our soldiers?"'

Well, the Pakis may have outposts and patrols but have they made an attempt to totally seal the LoC from the Paki side? After all, Indian forces generally don't cross the LoC and it's not like anyone is trying to infiltrate from India into Porkiland.

Can any gurus enlighten us on the situation on the Paki side?
JTull
BRF Oldie

Post by JTull »

It is in India's interest to keep POK unsettled to make the cost of securing CPEC ever higher.
partha
BRF Oldie

Post by partha »

Shaktimaan wrote: Well, the Pakis may have outposts and patrols but have they made an attempt to totally seal the LoC from the Paki side? After all, Indian forces generally don't cross the LoC and it's not like anyone is trying to infiltrate from India into Porkiland.
Paki occupied side is not fenced. They rely on visual inspection to detect intruders. If they fence it, they will have trouble sending terrorists over to the Indian side, no?

Indian forces have crossed LoC on numerous occasions to conduct raids so it's not correct to say Indian forces generally don't cross LoC.
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

See My post, the Had the world believe with Friendly Indian and Paki Media that their sovereignty was watertight and that they had 0 operational problems. This bluster is now being exposed. It is the Belief that they are modern Ghouris and Ghaznavis and Timur who are ruthless and undefeatable(invested word) which gets them many supporters in Kashmir and Lutyens- if the Paki Armed forces start loosing many a modern myth will come crashing down.

Thats what drives this industry of Grandma's crossing's s to convert Terror Boats to Fishing Boats.
Akshay Kapoor
Forum Moderator

Post by Akshay Kapoor »

I didn't get a chance to watch all post raid commentary especially by ex Faujis. Would some kind soul tell me where I can see this on the Internet ? As I told my wife yesterday 'this is the third happiest day of my life'. First was meeting her of course :-)
Akshay Kapoor
Forum Moderator

Post by Akshay Kapoor »

Akshay Kapoor wrote:I didn't get a chance to watch all post raid commentary especially by ex Faujis.just saw news hour with Col Rai, Maroof and Gen Malik. Parthasarthy was beaming. His face was glowing. Would some kind soul tell me where I can see this on the Internet ? As I told my wife yesterday 'this is the third happiest day of my life'. First was meeting her of course :-)
Philip
BRF Oldie

Post by Philip »

Tonight is a rare "black moon" occurrence.The last was in Mar 2014,next expected in 2019.It is usually seen as a harbinger of death.
"A second full moon in a single calendar month is sometimes called a blue moon. A black moon is supposedly the flip side of a blue moon; the second new moon in a single calendar month." On such a dark night as this,dark deeds can be expected.

As for Paki reaction,they are mainly in denial mode,as if nothing major happened,except that 2 of their soldiers were killed in arty firing.One doesn't want to be a mouthpiece for Paki propaganda,but this is simply hilarious!
India knows that it cannot entirely isolate Pakistan from global affairs, for Pakistan’s geostrategic location is too important for the country to be left alone by the world.
:rotfl:

It thus admits that it is being isolated! Yes,the world will not ignore Pak because it is a rogue N-terrorisst-state.But if the beardies and uniformed clowns in Pak imagine that the world,the US,Russia,China and Iran,who they claim are on their side (!),then they are consuming themselves great quantities of the drugs that they peddle to the outside world.

However,while the Paki denial-mode tribe howls,there are some more sober afeared voices that are squeaking as well calling for a rethink of Paki policy esp. on KashmirHere is an xcpts. from the "Yawn" of Karachi.

http://www.dawn.com/news/1286697/should ... nk-kashmir
Notice must also be taken of India’s stock excuse for evading negotiations with Pakistan. Who, it is said in mock despair, should India talk to in Pakistan? The argument was irrelevant when Mr Nehru advanced it 50 years ago and it is irrelevant when it falls from Mr Modi’s mouth today.

What the sneer means is that, while in India the locus of authority is known and a relatively less privileged defence minister can sack a service chief, the government in Pakistan, even if it enjoys a large majority in parliament, is subject to the military’s veto.

This simplistic formulation may not always be valid, but assuming that it is a true reflection of Pakistan’s power structure, the inescapable conclusion is that India’s reliance on this argument in fact undermines an elected Pakistan government’s capacity to act for its people. It should not be difficult for the Indian politicians to realise that a democratic, non-theocratic Pakistan is the best neighbour they can ask for, just as a secular, democratic India is what Pakistan should wish to have by its side.

If Pakistan must do everything possible to find, through a peaceful and uninterrupted dialogue, solutions to its differences with India — because it needs its closest neighbour’s goodwill to a much greater extent than that of the ineffective religious groupings or self-centred big powers across the oceans — the argument is applicable to India too. :rotfl:

And should rethinking be limited to Kashmir?

The other day, four retired champions of the diplomatic processes pleaded, and rightly so, for reviewing Islamabad’s attitude towards Kabul and Washington. Perhaps the Pakistani people’s cup of misery needs to be filled up a little more to enable citizens of goodwill to call for a review of the policy of confrontation with India, which is becoming costlier and more meaningless by the day.Why is the world bent upon painting Pakistan as a pariah? What is it that has made our foes more strident in their hostility than ever before and reduced our friends to offering superficial platitudes in our favour? The consequences of thoughtlessly wallowing in self-righteousness will be too grave to be entertained by any rational person.

Instead of waiting for the world to come to our rescue, we must resolve to pull ourselves out of the quagmire we have created by rearing the monster of bigotry and irrational violence within our polity. That is where the entire process of rethinking should start.
The above xcpts show real fear in Pak by many of being militarily defeated yet another time by India with catastrophic coinsequences,Pak rent into pieces with the Balushis and Sindhis leaving the Paki Poonjabis in a heap of dung.But will its "Madmen" of Islamabad realise their predicament?
Aditya G
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya G »

From DFI
Immanuel, post: 1209738, member: 8704 wrote:Allright dears, more details:

* As some news channels claim, each launch pad had 30-40 pigs including handlers, incorrect, the biggest launching pad had around 15. The point of a launching pad is to remain as hidden as possible before they infiltrate. Unless someone is trying to club numbers from both ops the first covert and second well documented one.

* Second every single pig was killed, when the op was over, there was no enemy presence in the AO. Just a lot of radio chatter, toward the end they had mobilized nearly an entire Ranger battalion to comb the AO. But our boys were long gone.

* SF went after the targets deep in, indeed HAHOed in from Dhruvs, also (this is beautiful) they had a couple of Rudras flying about ready to pounce, in case our boys need help, but that call never happened.

* It was pure dumb luck that prevented the couple of trucks loaded with BAT teams and Rangers from being obliterated. Ghatak spotters had these trucks trained on the sights of their carl gustaf launchers, thy didn't have a clear line of sight and the trucks halted and turned around before they could get closer.

* Sf went in first, Ghataks began their op a bit later. SF left no foot prints, they went in like ghosts and left a pile of mess. Para teams were mix squads of 6 SF and 6 Airborne, all they sent in was a platoon size force. However, the largest camp was destroyed by none other than the Garuds boys, indeed a squad of these guys went in, the largest camp had the handlers of JEM and Hizb who helped execute the pathankot attack. The 3 handlers were wasted in their sleep :shoot:. They deployed clever and stealthy firepower, silenced weapons, long range sniper shots, sneaky up close knife work and heavy volume of suppressed fire.

* Ghataks were loud, they were backed up by regular infantry from their respective regiments. Their op is being said to be the brutal part of the strike. While infantry lit up the posts, ghataks charged in, knowing fully well the fire would spook the pigs at the pads. Because of the nature of intel, the pigs were no more than 400-600 meters away. They did take fire from some of pigs but they were quickly silenced with MMGs and multiple grenade launcher. My relative talks about how one fierce ghatak buddy pair who were closing in with a group of 5 pigs while the team was circling around them, ran into heavy fire. His buddy fell down, thinking he lost his buddy in the sprint, this balsy son of a gun charged all by himself pissed at the 5 pigs, he had momentum and anger, he dodged fire spiriting from tree to tree and with a chilling war cry that deafened the radios for a few seconds, stuck his bayonet deep, killing 2 pigs in quick moves, the other 3 ran, only to be boxed in by the rest of the team. They were shredded. He was relieved to see his buddy was in the back catching up, he had tripped over a boulder. 3 Ghatak platoons were used along side their respective regular infantry. By the time they rounded up their op, they linked up with Para and back home for tea and breakfast.

* Six camps were destroyed, not seven, the seventh wasn't really a camp just a spot where the pig team was closest to the LOC, they had stopped for the night, had the op not taken place, they would have tried to infil an hr or so down the line. This was the group where one scared shitless pig, blew himself up when he saw that fire was coming from all directions. He took 2 of his buddies in the process :) ****** rat ********

* The sites of the various massacres were cleverly mined and booby trapped before returning, more pigs will/would have died combing those areas later on.
zoverian
BRFite

Post by zoverian »

Double whammy for Pakistan; Iran fires mortars into Balochistan

It was a double whammy for Pakistan, as on a day when India carried out a surgical strike across the Line of Control, its western border came under attack by Iranian forces. Iran Border Guards opened fire at Iran-Pakistan border on Wednesday.
The Iranian forces fired three mortars into Balochistan area of Pakistan triggering panic among the locals, who were taken by surprise.
"Mortar shells fired by Iranian border guards landed in the district of Panjgoor," a Balochistan provincial government official said.

Two of the shells landed near Frontier Corps check-post, while the third landed at Killi Karim Dad.

No property or human loss was reported in the shelling. Locals panicked as a result of the attack, and Frontier Corps personnel reached the site to take stock of the situation. Pakistani forces upgraded deployment of forces at its western border after the incident.
Pakistan shares a 900-kilometre porous border with Iran, which has accused Islamabad of letting terror outfits use its territory to carry out strikes across the border. The two forces have clashed in the past over terror attacks in Iranian territory.
Iran and Pakistan reached an agreement in 2014 to boost intelligence coordination to wipe out terrorists from the border region.

http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/paki ... 76265.html
sum
BRF Oldie

Post by sum »

^^ What i had hoped i would never see in my lifetime ( details of ops with Amir-khan like action all around)!!

Now i can die peacefully :D
* Sf went in first, Ghataks began their op a bit later. SF left no foot prints, they went in like ghosts and left a pile of mess. Para teams were mix squads of 6 SF and 6 Airborne, all they sent in was a platoon size force. However, the largest camp was destroyed by none other than the Garuds boys, indeed a squad of these guys went in, the largest camp had the handlers of JEM and Hizb who helped execute the pathankot attack. The 3 handlers were wasted in their sleep :shoot:. They deployed clever and stealthy firepower, silenced weapons, long range sniper shots, sneaky up close knife work and heavy volume of suppressed fire.
* Ghataks were loud, they were backed up by regular infantry from their respective regiments. Their op is being said to be the brutal part of the strike. While infantry lit up the posts, ghataks charged in, knowing fully well the fire would spook the pigs at the pads.
Seems everyone and their uncle joined in the fun-fest. Only MARCOs seem to have got the shortest straw and missed out

Such a large force went across and the TSP-ians didnt have a clue? Dont they have significant numbers posted there with the pads usually next to the army outposts?