Army strikes terror camps in PoK

The Military Issues & History Forum is a venue to discuss issues relating to the military aspects of the Indian Armed Forces, whether the past, present or future. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Baikul
BRFite

Re: Army strikes terror camps in PoK

Post by Baikul »

CRamS wrote:Chris, whats your obsession?. ....
Do you still have to ask after all his thinly veined posts on this thread, who, or rather, what he is?

Taqiyya much?
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

poor shook-law is upset that bhakts are happy and Pak hasnt retaliated. truly a diseased mind.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

GShankar wrote:
Karan M wrote:
heh rudradev saar - its times like these where the pro-TSP gang outs themselves. i wouldn't be surprised if burkha bibi claims the above as necessary for india to make upto 'em poor pakistanis.

i have been waiting for this one day since decades.

india finally reclaiming its own space from the colonized, dhimmi, turn the other cheek nonsense.
About time C.Fair akka comes in one of the shows and does an appraisal of the stike and proposes some additional steps of escalation.
mahroof raza on times now has said over 70 dead
RoyG
BRF Oldie

Post by RoyG »

Diplomacy => Surgical strike => Naval build up => Border exercises
RoyG
BRF Oldie

Post by RoyG »

chetak wrote:
GShankar wrote:
About time C.Fair akka comes in one of the shows and does an appraisal of the stike and proposes some additional steps of escalation.
mahroof raza on times now has said over 70 dead
70 is a good number. I wonder if they'll shift their launch pads more inland. One thing is for sure, we can now use long range artillery to strike them every time there is a build up.
RoyG
BRF Oldie

Post by RoyG »

Karan M wrote:poor shook-law is upset that bhakts are happy and Pak hasnt retaliated. truly a diseased mind.
Money and lack of civilizational ethos does this to people.
Christopher Sidor
BRFite

Post by Christopher Sidor »

CRamS wrote:Chris, whats your obsession?. This retaliation is just the first step. As Bikram Singh eloquently pointed out, this is a signal to TSP that India will not be hesitant to retaliate. Its part of a multi-pronged strategy to impose costs on TSP. Please be patient.
Fair enough let's be patient. My obsession is that we are not imposing any cost on the PA. We are imposing cost on LeT or JEM or Hizbul which will not work. My obsession is that my country's territories are still in the hand of this despicable contraption called as Pakistan. But let us be patient sir.
RoyG
BRF Oldie

Post by RoyG »

Christopher understand your concern. Please wait for more info and footage. Lets see what the real number is. Maroofji claiming 70. He isn't one to throw numbers out randomly. You can expect at least 10 % of them are PA ISI guys.
RoyG
BRF Oldie

Post by RoyG »

70 terrorists getting wiped will strike fear into the hearts of separatists in the valley. Intrusion will come down to a trickle from now on.

This is a big advantage for internal security operations. It takes time to train and send guys over.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Karan M wrote:Yechury of CPI. Also of same mind. Wants PA # of kills to be told by Raheel Shareef.
We have seen our DGMO briefing, saw the Pakistani reaction, besides that we have no official information: Yechury, CPI
Much rhona dhona today.
lechuri, waiting for his cheeni masters to speak??
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

RoyG wrote:Christopher understand your concern. Please wait for more info and footage. Lets see what the real number is. Maroofji claiming 70. He isn't one to throw numbers out randomly. You can expect at least 10 % of them are PA ISI guys.
any response from our "kashmiri freedom fighters"?? all seem awfully quiet and none surfaced on TV
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

birds of the same feather saar.. burkha bibi did not update her fb today. all the scum must be shocked today. their army of mughalistan, which they revere has been handed a thrashing by the IA and the eebil hindutva types. worst fears. how will akbar, shah jehan ever return?
JayS
Forum Moderator

Post by JayS »

Christopher Sidor wrote:
CRamS wrote:Chris, whats your obsession?. This retaliation is just the first step. As Bikram Singh eloquently pointed out, this is a signal to TSP that India will not be hesitant to retaliate. Its part of a multi-pronged strategy to impose costs on TSP. Please be patient.
Fair enough let's be patient. My obsession is that we are not imposing any cost on the PA. We are imposing cost on LeT or JEM or Hizbul which will not work. My obsession is that my country's territories are still in the hand of this despicable contraption called as Pakistan. But let us be patient sir.
I suggest you enlist in Army, you will get first hand live info. That is the only way to say for sure what happens on border.
Rudradev
BRF Oldie

Post by Rudradev »

I would like to know how anybody purports to tell the difference between a PA/ISI officer/enlisted man and a jihadi member of a Tanzeem like LeT, JeM, HM. Some combatants may be exclusive to either Tanzeems OR TSPA/ISI. Many are not, particularly in the BATs and forward terrorist launch pads.

What exactly was Ilyas Kashmiri? What exactly was Colonel Sultan Amir Tarar (a.k.a. Colonel Imam)? Do such guys become PA/ISI only when the uniform is on and Tanzeem members when the uniform is taken off? If so, then if killed in their sleep do they not count as PA/ISI guys because they were not wearing uniforms?

It seems to me that this level of hair-splitting about whether "jihadis" or "TSPA/ISI" were made to "feel the pain" in terms of KIA is either daft or politically motivated. Probably both.
RoyG
BRF Oldie

Post by RoyG »

Karan,

Imagine sitting in the operations room getting live audio video streaming as our special operations guys infiltrate behind enemy lines and wipe all these jihadi b@stards. Must've been the biggest bloody rush.
Bheeshma
BRFite

Post by Bheeshma »

I hope GoI doesn't hold back any more. Just keep them off balance and keep hitting them till they crumble. Ganja has to be sacrificed and the mota shareef bought to isloo in order to finally end the abomination called pakistan.
RoyG
BRF Oldie

Post by RoyG »

chetak wrote:
RoyG wrote:Christopher understand your concern. Please wait for more info and footage. Lets see what the real number is. Maroofji claiming 70. He isn't one to throw numbers out randomly. You can expect at least 10 % of them are PA ISI guys.
any response from our "kashmiri freedom fighters"?? all seem awfully quiet and none surfaced on TV
Too much butt hurt today. Maybe later when the dust settles.
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Re: India's Retaliation Options to significant terrorist strikes

Post by SwamyG »

shiv wrote:Here let a surgeon explain what a surgical strike is
https://twitter.com/bennedose/status/781517350197612544
Please put a NSFW warning for muruga's sake :evil:
RoyG
BRF Oldie

Post by RoyG »

Bheeshma wrote:I hope GoI doesn't hold back any more. Just keep them off balance and keep hitting them till they crumble. Ganja has to be sacrificed and the mota shareef bought to isloo in order to finally end the abomination called pakistan.
Tactically this was brilliant. If its at least 70, this is 70 less that we have to deal w/ on the border and in the valley. This was a necessary proactive measure given the reality of the situation among the valley populace.
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

RudraJi, excellent points. This attack has clearly caused "pain" to TSPA/ISI/RAPE, no doubt about it. Now, is it sufficient that they will eschew terror, call for talks and come to a reasonable settlement of Kashmir and join India in a civilized manner to deal with nation building issues, I doubt it. In fact, they will retaliate and try to establish some form of equal equal in the coming days. And I am pretty sure India is well prepared. But the point is that India's current multi-pronged strategy when applied in a sustained manner, and if whites like that Dalton puke, were to help India in applying economic/political/diplomatic pressure on TSP instead of giving gratuitous advice, this approach has the potential to succeed.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Karan M wrote:birds of the same feather saar.. burkha bibi did not update her fb today. all the scum must be shocked today. their army of mughalistan, which they revere has been handed a thrashing by the IA and the eebil hindutva types. worst fears. how will akbar, shah jehan ever return?
yes, poor thing. all eebil hindutva types troubling her.

surgical strike == painful cattle prod insertion.

sobbing and sleeping standing up onlee.

same situation with omar, the minor abdullah too.
Bheeshma
BRFite

Post by Bheeshma »

No it isn't. You have to kill the vermin not wound it and let it live.
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

Guys, has Fair didi spoken just yet on the Indian retaliation? She must be having good sources both in US and India, and so it will be interesting to get her take.
abhishek_sharma
BRF Oldie

Post by abhishek_sharma »

I am worried about the soldier who has been captured by the Pakis.
Christopher Sidor
BRFite

Post by Christopher Sidor »

Surya wrote:
This guy is a foreigner so please keep this in mind while going through his comments
In 2016 and that too on BRF :(
Sorry I did not mean to seem xenophobic. It is just that I could not stomach what he has said. It is obvious that it is not his brethren who have died. But some of his comments led me to think whether there actually is a gap in what we perceive or see and what these guys see? It is said that the victim is never allowed to be a judge as the objectivity is lost and the punishment has to be in propotion to the crime. But still.

It is not that I am against what happened today and what IA did. But I think it is very minor and soft retaliation. We should have targetted Pakistani Army Bases in PoK or its airforce base in Skardu. We should be working on reclaiming the Northern Areas. We have not avenged what transpired in Uri.
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

kindly do not derail thread!
salaam
BRFite

Post by salaam »

Rudradev wrote:I would like to know how anybody purports to tell the difference between a PA/ISI officer/enlisted man and a jihadi member of a Tanzeem like LeT, JeM, HM. Some combatants may be exclusive to either Tanzeems OR TSPA/ISI. Many are not, particularly in the BATs and forward terrorist launch pads.

What exactly was Ilyas Kashmiri? What exactly was Colonel Sultan Amir Tarar (a.k.a. Colonel Imam)? Do such guys become PA/ISI only when the uniform is on and Tanzeem members when the uniform is taken off? If so, then if killed in their sleep do they not count as PA/ISI guys because they were not wearing uniforms?

It seems to me that this level of hair-splitting about whether "jihadis" or "TSPA/ISI" were made to "feel the pain" in terms of KIA is either daft or politically motivated. Probably both.
If the jihadis are really trained at par with SSG level.

AND

They come out of 1 week 'initial jihadi' camp. 3 month 'intermediate jihadi' camp and further months of SSG training.

Then 70 accounts for atleast 7000 that went to initial camp.

Excellent op. Need it every week.
SBajwa
BRF Oldie

Post by SBajwa »

This attack has clearly caused "pain" to TSPA/ISI/RAPE, no doubt about it. Now, is it sufficient that they will eschew terror, call for talks and come to a reasonable settlement of Kashmir and join India in a civilized manner to deal with nation building issues, I doubt it.
Expect Track-2 experts to ask Government and people of India to give some respite to the Pakistani government so that their H&D is intact. In fact we should not only destroy their H&D but bury it permanently. Why just kill their soldiers., burn their bodies in pig fat and show it to them!
RoyG
BRF Oldie

Post by RoyG »

We should begin doing snap drills. We should test our readiness and make Pakistan sweat.

I think now is the time to get Dawood and others.

Doval has made it his personal mission to pop this motherf*cker.
Rudradev
BRF Oldie

Post by Rudradev »

My thoughts exactly. Next step: Dawood, Tiger Memon, Chhota Shakeel. With photographic evidence of their skulls mauled by 9 millimetre hollow-points. The next lesson Bakis have to learn is that it's not just the cannon-fodder at their LOC who will suffer... but the high-and-mighty in fortified urban hideouts are equally indefensible.
Khalsa
BRFite

Post by Khalsa »

Aditya G wrote:Why did dgmo call up Pakistani dgmo?
its the last level of sensible communication line between any two parties.
We have the same chinese too. below there maybe be other such counter parts and lower levels, i.e GOC, then Infantry regiments facing each other may have something too.
BSF - Rangers
etc etc

So this is a formalised process that is used for many purposes
Sorting out details of exchange of bodies
Informing in advance of any military exercises and therefore not get the other side worried
Protesting against unwarranted firing
Sorry one of our helicopters landed across can we please have it back
10 of our Soldiers walked across by mistake can we please have them back

last not least we have F UC ced you and are now pulling back so
that statement has great impact and it gives them options to deny that we EFFED them badly in the a$$.
Otherwise if we don't tell them that we are the ones inside , have finished the job and are going back. They will continue to get worried and raise their alert level and not finish off their food and sermons.
So you placate the crying baby and sort things out.

Now they can do back to denying the 71 War, 99 Kargil War and the 1st Surgical Strike.
If someone wants to live in their alternate reality, I much rather they did.
Rakesh
Forum Moderator

Post by Rakesh »

Popping Dawood (and his ilk) is too kind a fate for them. He needs to be captured alive, so he can feel the pain (i.e. torture) of what he did. Then pop him and put it up on Whatsapp for wannabe terrorists to see.
Khalsa
BRFite

Post by Khalsa »

Sid wrote:
Akshay Kapoor wrote:Where is Shiv sir ?
Shiv was part of strike package
Shiv refused to come back with the Paras.
is still standing his ground and telling them to vacate the entire PoK.

The Pakistan Army and Rangers and Militants don't know what the EFF to do with this guy ?

Also he is doing a Matrix movie style Freeze bullets to their Bullets
;-)
malushahi
BRFite

Post by malushahi »

Behind the scenes: How India went about planning 'surgical strikes' after the Uri attack
Saikat Datta

We have had strikes earlier, but those were mostly local,” Lieutenant General Hardev Singh Lidder, a former Chief of Integrated Defence Staff and a veteran Special Forces officer told Scroll.in. “This is the first time that strikes were carried out as a national policy, which is significant.

The idea was to send out a military and diplomatic message to the international community that New Delhi would no longer be held back by “strategic restraint” in the eventuality of further attacks.

The Indian ambassador had been briefed to inform the US State Department about the raids once it was complete and Rice called up Doval to ensure that there was no further escalation. Doval assured her that New Delhi would not take any further action if Islamabad did not escalate matters, according to government officials who were privy to the call. He also asked her to convey to Pakistan that India would be prepared to meet any eventuality.

It was also decided at the Cabinet Committee on Security meeting that besides informing other political leaders, the Army chief would also give a more detailed briefing to former chiefs and army veterans who write in the press regularly, to ensure that the narrative was consistent and factual.
malushahi
BRFite

Post by malushahi »

some people here said they wanted a kia count.

from chicago tribune (presumably the reporter is as "foreign" as they come):
India says it has carried out 'surgical strikes' against militants across Kashmir frontier
Indian soldiers traveling on foot crossed the Line of Control into the Pakistani-controlled portion to attack several targets based on intelligence about imminent attacks, said a high-ranking Indian official who would only brief reporters on condition of anonymity. He said the Indian forces killed at least 10 people before retreating back into Indian-controlled territory. The Indian soldiers suffered no losses, he said.
sudhan
BRFite

Post by sudhan »

Col. Shooklaw is having a hard time wiping the multiple eggs off his face. He claimed initially that the IA could not retaliate for Uri, now tries to put on a brave face and asks for drone footage as proof. Once that comes out, the mother off all rotten eggs will be homing in on his stupid face. Will see how he handles that. The Blundering fool!
nirav
BRF Oldie

Post by nirav »

^ Ajai shukla is a disgrace. So glad hes not IA anymore.. We must stop using 'Col.' for him. Hes a hack.

Asking for drone footage as proof, actually makes him a paki.. Show it or it didnt happen !
pakis are in denial, Shukla ji ko bhi kyun takleef ?
JTull
BRF Oldie

Post by JTull »

PA has always opened new fronts whenever it suffered in one place. They don't know how to manage and localise a problem.

Seems Afghan border is active as well. I now expect PA to take it frustration out internally - people in Karachi and Baluchistan will suffer most.
RoyG
BRF Oldie

Post by RoyG »

JTull wrote:PA has always opened new fronts whenever it suffered in one place. They don't know how to manage and localise a problem.

Seems Afghan border is active as well. I now expect PA to take it frustration out internally - people in Karachi and Baluchistan will suffer most.
Things are going to heat up big time on the Afghan border. Almost the entire frontier corp is made up of Pashtuns.
Raja Bose
BRF Oldie

Post by Raja Bose »

rohitvats wrote:From teetar:
No casualty, meticulous planning, immaculate implementation, no leaks. WAC AD ex repeated within week, dream operation, Surgical indeed!DK Cooper added

The above is from ex-IAF. Now we know why Exercise Talon was repeated within a month's time. Singha's scenario of fully loaded Su-30MKI on high orbit with Mig-21s keeping vigil in forward bases comes true.\\

BTW - another tidbit. Someone said it was a High Altitude-High Opening (HAHO)....drop on our side, land on theirs.
er....a few of us probably have the same info and +/- a bit more from our chaiwallahs. Please don't reveal any more specifics in public. From what I heard till now it was a major shakinaw joint op not some let's sneak in below the radar and hope we don't get caught op like the Amirkhan OBL one was. Ack thoo on the desh drohi Gandhis and Congis who ruled India into a cesspool for so long.