Army strikes terror camps in PoK

The Military Issues & History Forum is a venue to discuss issues relating to the military aspects of the Indian Armed Forces, whether the past, present or future. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
dinesha
BRFite

Re: India's Retaliation Options to significant terrorist strikes

Post by dinesha »

Nikhil T wrote:This was the CCS meeting yesterday. Only Army Chief, DGMO from the forces. Sushma was missing (probably running the phones).

She was present.. sitting between Jaitley and PM..
Zynda
BRF Oldie

Post by Zynda »

Arnab and Maroof are over the roof today...I see a big smile on many experts faces...a sign of satisfaction. Dunno about UndeeTV or CNN-IBN...still get tears of joy on hearing our soldiers exploits even though its been 8 plus hours since the news broke.

Per Arnab, TSP sent its own Special Forces and 2 trucks of regulars to some of the camps. Our boys repelled them and made it back successfully. Maroof was saying that casualty numbers will be much much higher than the paltry 35-40 being quoted.

Best quote I heard this evening..."For Pak, defeat is admitting defeat not the actual process of getting defeated" :)
dinesha
BRFite

Post by dinesha »

JTull
BRF Oldie

Post by JTull »

Surprised that no AF personnel were present. Wouldn't IAF have provided top cover while retreating?
Last edited by JTull on 29 Sep 2016 20:19, edited 1 time in total.
RoyG
BRF Oldie

Post by RoyG »

Hm, it's possible they could have had SSG detachments nearby. They do help train them.
RoyG
BRF Oldie

Post by RoyG »

Naval exercises in the Arabian Sea announced.

Expect snap army drills soon.

Pakistan retaliation coming.
Sid
BRFite

Post by Sid »

JayS wrote:
Sid wrote:
Shiv was part of strike package
One of the Surgeons?? :lol: :lol:

He just posted in other thread.
Surgical strike saar, that was expected :mrgreen:
RoyG wrote:Naval exercises in the Arabian Sea announced.

Expect snap army drills soon.

Pakistan retaliation coming.
retaliation for what? they said we didn't do anything.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Akshay Kapoor wrote:Where is Shiv sir ?
Me? I broke the news on BRF and Twitter 30 seconds after DGMO said it on TV. After that I have been gloating and thinking. Happy today. None of the descriptive words I have about Pakis are allowed on BRF.

I had a sudden aha moment after the news broke. The IAF started an exercise 2-3 days ago and the Navy was reported as starting one of their own off the Shitistani coast. So something was coming - talking peace ..peace. peace ..piss and suddenly BLAM! Deep deeeeeep anger is being assuaged somewhat - but I can be more free on Twitter with the words I want to use. I will simply post one link to a Tweet of mine in reply to a Paki who blocked me in 5 minutes - quote stolen from BRF

https://twitter.com/bennedose/status/781497309569753088
geeth
BRFite

Post by geeth »

Posting as recd from whatsapp grp. Hope not a repeat..

Fwd as recd....

My family member at MI says more were killed than 38 (these were the ones they could count, there were many who were shredded to bits due to use of weapons like RPO flame throwers, Carl Gustafs etc. He says these guys were the stragglers who escaped the main camps that were targeted during the previous covert strike on the main camps (my guess is they were targeted with arty). The main camps were deeper in POK around (12-20km) Those pigs who escaped the first onslaught were then painstakingly tracked through drones/comms to well disguised newly erected made shift launching pads. IA decided to share their movements over the last days with PMO. With the porkis playing cry baby and playa hating on the international forum, IA/PMO decided that this message should be made loud and clear.

A platoon of Paras went in silent, HAHO from well inside our territory. Their target was 3 launching pads deeper into POK, around 2-3km in. These were the larger groups, around 12 pigs at each site. Paras wasted them quietly, they didn't know what hit em, they wasted the sentries with silenced sniper shots and most were slaughtered in their sleep.. Ghataks from Dogra and Bihar opened up fire on the posts near 3 launching pads closer to the LOC (around 600m-1.2km in), the adjoining posts were destroyed rapidly :shoot:, this is where around 6-12 PA manning the posts were killed, Porkis only claim 2 PA killed, bet its 2 bodies they could recover, the rest would have been mulch.
After turning the posts to rubble, Ghataks crossed over and destroyed the 3 launching pads where they killed smaller fidayeen squads of around 6 terrorists each. Ghataks went in loud, watching them close in with heavy fire at the 3rd launching pad, it appears one of the pigs blew himself up taking half his squad with him. :rofl:The death toll inflicted by the Ghataks is not clear because they used volleys from grenade launchers, RPO flame thrower, carl gustaf. A Ghatak got close enough to stab 2 bunched pigs with his bare hands.

While the op was coming to a close, it appears a couple of truck loads of SSG BATs & Rangers were sent in for reinforcements but when they arrived and saw the volume of fire coming from the Ghataks, they got back in their trucks and ran. Ghataks then covered the Para's egress back.

Final, estimate of toll is between 60-70 killed including at least 6-12 PA.

I am glad they decided to make it public. Paltan ki ijjat especially for Bihar and Dogra restored, they will however keep a low profile because there was nothing surgical about their role. Their role was much more akin to a hammer coming down hard. My family member says that the sheer speed and brute force of Ghataks in their role was some of the most beautiful IR drone footage caught in his recent memory. While the paras were surgical, they apparently looked so routine, like they had done it a thousands time before (and they have).
Karthik S
BRF Oldie

Post by Karthik S »

Mods, shall we have a separate thread for this just like we had for Myanmar ops.
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

Our two jawans injured by land mines during operation http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/indi ... 76039.html
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

Nawaz to gaya! Good job GOI/IA.
Last edited by pankajs on 29 Sep 2016 20:33, edited 1 time in total.
naruto
BRFite

Post by naruto »

JD(U) pavan verma now saluting Army and Modi !! He is lauding our diplomatic offensive (calling it blitzkreig).
hnair
Forum Moderator

Post by hnair »

Paki Pisko: claim that the welt across their ass is a rash but cry hoarse about major victory over BSF in cancelling the ludicrous Wagah duck-walk.

The one place where their forces could maintain equal-equal was in stomping around like putting out a shoe fire
Bhaskar_T
BRFite

Post by Bhaskar_T »

Thanks for sharing. I was hoping some dead bodies might have been brought back. I hope somebody took pictures or videos to be revealed later. May be I am hoping too much.
geeth wrote:Posting as recd from whatsapp grp. Hope not a repeat..

Fwd as recd....

My family member at MI says more were killed than 38 (these were the ones they could count, there were many who were shredded to bits due to use of weapons like RPO flame throwers, Carl Gustafs etc. He says these guys were the stragglers who escaped the main camps that were targeted during the previous covert strike on the main camps (my guess is they were targeted with arty). The main camps were deeper in POK around (12-20km) Those pigs who escaped the first onslaught were then painstakingly tracked through drones/comms to well disguised newly erected made shift launching pads. IA decided to share their movements over the last days with PMO. With the porkis playing cry baby and playa hating on the international forum, IA/PMO decided that this message should be made loud and clear.

A platoon of Paras went in silent, HAHO from well inside our territory. Their target was 3 launching pads deeper into POK, around 2-3km in. These were the larger groups, around 12 pigs at each site. Paras wasted them quietly, they didn't know what hit em, they wasted the sentries with silenced sniper shots and most were slaughtered in their sleep.. Ghataks from Dogra and Bihar opened up fire on the posts near 3 launching pads closer to the LOC (around 600m-1.2km in), the adjoining posts were destroyed rapidly :shoot:, this is where around 6-12 PA manning the posts were killed, Porkis only claim 2 PA killed, bet its 2 bodies they could recover, the rest would have been mulch.
After turning the posts to rubble, Ghataks crossed over and destroyed the 3 launching pads where they killed smaller fidayeen squads of around 6 terrorists each. Ghataks went in loud, watching them close in with heavy fire at the 3rd launching pad, it appears one of the pigs blew himself up taking half his squad with him. :rofl:The death toll inflicted by the Ghataks is not clear because they used volleys from grenade launchers, RPO flame thrower, carl gustaf. A Ghatak got close enough to stab 2 bunched pigs with his bare hands.

While the op was coming to a close, it appears a couple of truck loads of SSG BATs & Rangers were sent in for reinforcements but when they arrived and saw the volume of fire coming from the Ghataks, they got back in their trucks and ran. Ghataks then covered the Para's egress back.

Final, estimate of toll is between 60-70 killed including at least 6-12 PA.

I am glad they decided to make it public. Paltan ki ijjat especially for Bihar and Dogra restored, they will however keep a low profile because there was nothing surgical about their role. Their role was much more akin to a hammer coming down hard. My family member says that the sheer speed and brute force of Ghataks in their role was some of the most beautiful IR drone footage caught in his recent memory. While the paras were surgical, they apparently looked so routine, like they had done it a thousands time before (and they have).
Karthik S
BRF Oldie

Post by Karthik S »

IndraD wrote:Our two jawans injured by land mines during operation http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/indi ... 76039.html
Hope they recover soon.
Akshay Kapoor
Forum Moderator

Post by Akshay Kapoor »

shiv wrote:
Akshay Kapoor wrote:Where is Shiv sir ?
Me? I broke the news on BRF and Twitter 30 seconds after DGMO said it on TV. After that I have been gloating and thinking. Happy today. None of the descriptive words I have about Pakis are allowed on BRF.

I had a sudden aha moment after the news broke. The IAF started an exercise 2-3 days ago and the Navy was reported as starting one of their own off the Shitistani coast. So something was coming - talking peace ..peace. peace ..piss and suddenly BLAM! Deep deeeeeep anger is being assuaged somewhat - but I can be more free on Twitter with the words I want to use. I will simply post one link to a Tweet of mine in reply to a Paki who blocked me in 5 minutes - quote stolen from BRF

https://twitter.com/bennedose/status/781497309569753088
I wonder why you would want the Paki anywhere near you d... but nice one ! We should savour this.....its been an eternity coming so lets allow some leeway on BR
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

pankajs wrote:Nawaz to gaya! Good job GOI/IA.
Also a message to 3.5 fiends plus lots of other countries around the word.
ks_sachin
BRF Oldie

Post by ks_sachin »

chetak wrote:
ks_sachin wrote:Akshay,
Sorry I did not get time to mail you but this puts a few things I heard in perspective.
19 Div is close to our heart and a few of the Uri boys who died were from our Paltan although different bn.
Chatter in regimental circles.
So smoke and now the fire!!!!
Can you confirm if there was some activity a week or so ago? Again SF.

Guys, don't do this discussion on an open forum.

Take it off line, please.

Do not identify any unit(s).
All open source. nothing being disclosed that is not public knowledge.
rsingh
BRF Oldie

Post by rsingh »

RoyG wrote:Pakistan will hit a few military targets. This is to be expected.

I would do snap exercises for 1-2 weeks up and down the IB and pre select targets.

Shelling across LoC will begin soon. This is how it will escalate.
How? Cross border firing? Hitting military target in cross border firing..........that is done every time . Do you mean Ammo dump of fuel dump blowen by PAF? Not possible without huge escalation. Most likely some sleeper cells blowing something in NE or JK.
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

The Pakistan military on Thursday captured an Indian army soldier and killed eight others in retaliation to India's firing at the first line of defence at the Line of Control (LoC) at Tatta Pani, confirmed security sources.

http://www.dawn.com/news/1286910/pakist ... -overnight
RoyG
BRF Oldie

Post by RoyG »

rsingh wrote:
RoyG wrote:Pakistan will hit a few military targets. This is to be expected.

I would do snap exercises for 1-2 weeks up and down the IB and pre select targets.

Shelling across LoC will begin soon. This is how it will escalate.
How? Cross border firing? Hitting military target in cross border firing..........that is done every time . Do you mean Ammo dump of fuel dump blowen by PAF? Not possible without huge escalation. Most likely some sleeper cells blowing something in NE or JK.
SSG/low level jihad activity. Cantonments most probably.
Karthik S
BRF Oldie

Post by Karthik S »

IndraD wrote:The Pakistan military on Thursday captured an Indian army soldier and killed eight others in retaliation to India's firing at the first line of defence at the Line of Control (LoC) at Tatta Pani, confirmed security sources.

http://www.dawn.com/news/1286910/pakist ... -overnight
dawn? Did you find any such news from any of our news channels?
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

Notice the very same news report from Dawn says two different things:
(not repeating the link, look at the post above).
MUZAFFARABAD: The Pakistan Army on Thursday captured an Indian army soldier and killed eight others in retaliation to India's firing at the first line of defence at the Line of Control (LoC) at Tatta Pani, confirmed security sources.

The capture and and the casualties sustained occurred when the Indian army opened fire across the working boundary, killing two Pakistani soldiers.

In his show Capital Talk on Geo News, Hamid Mir said that 14 Indian soldiers were killed in two sectors. Defense analyst Major General (Retd) Ijaz Awaz, who was on his show, confirmed his claim.
So is it 8 or is it 14?
Kakkaji
BRF Oldie

Post by Kakkaji »

Paki retaliation most likely will be major terror strikes in Indian cities
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

They are still calculating how many India soldiers death will cover for their chaddi being pulled publicly.
jamwal
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by jamwal »

He says these guys were the stragglers who escaped the main camps that were targeted during the previous covert strike on the main camps (my guess is they were targeted with arty). The main camps were deeper in POK around (12-20km) Those pigs who escaped the first onslaught were then painstakingly tracked through drones/comms to well disguised newly erected made shift launching pads.
What artillery strikes ?
Shaktimaan
BRFite

Post by Shaktimaan »

The RAPEs on Twitter, Facebook and Reddit are totally denying that India conducted any strike at all. So that's the official line : that this whole thing is a hoax by us cunning banias.
RoyG
BRF Oldie

Post by RoyG »

So indeed, this was a sanitation mission after the artillery assault.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Here let a surgeon explain what a surgical strike is
https://twitter.com/bennedose/status/781517350197612544
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

Guys, whatever may be TSP's response, the one thing India cannot afford in political terms is the restoration of equal equal. In other words, should Pakis respond, you can bet their aim would be equal equal (assuming of course, they don't want to escalate either). If thats the case, the Paki Indians on our side will be back to their usual "uninterrupted talks" BS.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

All sorts such befitting replies will be in their media for burnol nd zalim piles lotion purpose
RoyG
BRF Oldie

Post by RoyG »

shiv wrote:Here let a surgeon explain what a surgical strike is
Ok Shiv, easy on the scotch. :lol:
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

No. But quite worried!
NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/29/homepage2 ... index.html
"The Pakistan military can't betray to their domestic audience that they've allowed the Indians to actually cross the line of control by as many as 12 kilometers and there was no action against that," he said.
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

Shah Rukh Khan ‏@iamsrk 2h2 hours ago
Thnx Indian army for the action against terrorism.V should all pray for safety & well being of our Indian soldiers.
RoyG
BRF Oldie

Post by RoyG »

CRamS wrote:Guys, whatever may be TSP's response, the one thing India cannot afford in political terms is the restoration of equal equal. In other words, should Pakis respond, you can bet their aim would be equal equal (assuming of course, they don't want to escalate either). If thats the case, the Paki Indians on our side will be back to their usual "uninterrupted talks" BS.
Yawn, we got a taste. The key is really how we escalate. I doubt PMO will give Army HQ in Rawalapindi diplomatic/military maneuvering space. It will need to keep up the pressure. There is only one way to do this. Do exercises along IB and naval exercises in Arabian Sea. Show them we can mobilize 400,000 troops in under 2 days and they'll shit their pants.
Karthik S
BRF Oldie

Post by Karthik S »

shiv wrote:Here let a surgeon explain what a surgical strike is
Shivji high on adrenaline rush?
GShankar
BRFite

Post by GShankar »

Very soon the the 3.5 (probably 4 now) will come knocking with requests on what India should do. I hope the decision makers in India know what to ask in return that does not constitute downhill skiing.

Added later: Is the Pak-Rus military exercises still continuing? If so, wonder if they knew about this already..