Army strikes terror camps in PoK

The Military Issues & History Forum is a venue to discuss issues relating to the military aspects of the Indian Armed Forces, whether the past, present or future. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
JayS
Forum Moderator

Re: Army strikes terror camps in PoK

Post by JayS »

Zynda wrote: About the author:
She has been identifying as a feminist since the age of thirteen and has been writing about it since.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
arshyam
BRF Oldie

Post by arshyam »

^^ They don't have a better writer than this? Sad.
arshyam
BRF Oldie

Post by arshyam »

This author criticized Uri for not being "humane" (whatever the heck that means), and the glowing recommendation for Raazi implies that it was more humane. I hadn't watched Raazi, and was considering watching it on streaming. But with this ringing positive endorsement, I will most probably give it a miss, and save 2 hours of my time now.
Bart S
BRF Oldie

Post by Bart S »

arshyam wrote:This author criticized Uri for not being "humane" (whatever the heck that means), and the glowing recommendation for Raazi implies that it was more humane. I hadn't watched Raazi, and was considering watching it on streaming. But with this ringing positive endorsement, I will most probably give it a miss, and save 2 hours of my time now.
Flawed logic, Raazi is an excellent movie in it's own right, and worth a watch.

And while I don't agree with her (I also don't want to be too harsh on her since she is a teenager, still forming her opinions, and reviewing it from a clearly stated feminist perspective on a feminist site rather than a mainstream media outlet) she does make some good points on a purely movie-making level. Uri has some of the best realistic action scenes ever seen in a bollywood war movie, certainly a huge step up than previous ones, but it is the non-action scenes that lack realism and are let down by farcical scenes like the fanciful drone idea and the high ranking paki general being injected with truth serum by a housewife! I think that is the next area to improve on in order to get to the level of top-grade movies of the genre like zero dark thirty etc. This was one of the rare openly jingoistic movies in a long time and that is why audiences including me enjoyed it. However it doesn't mean that it was completely perfect or can't improve or be criticized, especially in the context of a film critic's review.
ArjunPandit
BRF Oldie

Post by ArjunPandit »

^^as they say "if in college are you are not liberal, you havent read enough, and after 10 years you're not conservative/republican, you didnt see the world enough".
She, however, seems to be another Mehar kaur in making.
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

Haridas wrote:I watched URI in Kolkata theater (Dumdum park), 4 days ago.
Audience clapped in joy four different times, including the end.
which one ? used to live in dumdum once upon a time.
Haridas
BRFite

Post by Haridas »

^^^ PVR Diamond Plaza.
Murugan
BRF Oldie

Post by Murugan »

Ornithopter Drone V3 - 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6VLzKACnS8

It is not a fanciful drone.
Murugan
BRF Oldie

Post by Murugan »

An Ornithopter built by Jaydeep Bhowmik in 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poX2Hg9qae0
Karthik S
BRF Oldie

Post by Karthik S »

Went for second viewing today, cinema hall was 95% full. People were calmer this time, am assuming most of them have seen the movie before.
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

Rahul M wrote:
Haridas wrote:I watched URI in Kolkata theater (Dumdum park), 4 days ago.
Audience clapped in joy four different times, including the end.
which one ? used to live in dumdum once upon a time.
intl. airport? my yaschika SLR was destroyed by folks at the airport.
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

Haridas wrote:^^^ PVR Diamond Plaza.
thanks, had no idea that place has a PVR now.
Vayutuvan wrote:
Rahul M wrote: which one ? used to live in dumdum once upon a time.
intl. airport? my yaschika SLR was destroyed by folks at the airport.
not in the airport like that tom hanks' character. :lol:
in the locality after which the airport is named.

anyway
/OT off
Kashi
BRF Oldie

Post by Kashi »

So Uri has firmly crossed the 300 crore mark and established itself as a milestone movie in Indian cinema.

I would love to see a movie being made on Operation Meghdoot sometime.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

3 films are in production on the battle of saragarhi where 21 sikh troops led by Ishwar singh fought to the last man against a swarm of 6000-10000 orakzai pathans in a isolated small hill fort. the first of them named Kesari *ing akshay kumar will be out in march. trailers are on youtube.

about the fanciful bits in uri, hollywood also takes its liberties like anything being hacked in seconds in mission impossible, infact every film has people pulling up plans on laptops and hacking in. bourne identity series is realistic? the "housewife" and her golf playing husband are top class double agents not aam aadmi, have existed and will always exist...remember the anupam kher character in baby or the supari killer in Kahaani and vidya balan herself.

the best do not look specced up khan kamandu with airsoft boxmags, but hide in plain sight, just like us.
Prem Kumar
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem Kumar »

A movie on Black Thunder would be great as well! Will be less controversial than Blue Star and casualty-free. It can be made into a gripping drama like Argo. Doval character would be one of the heroes
Mollick.R
BRFite

Post by Mollick.R »

***OT Post ***

Valentine's Day Special

HOW'S IS THE JOSH ???????
After long silence....

"Married Sir" :( :( :cry: :cry:
Supratik
BRF Oldie

Post by Supratik »

This time cross border strike that changes the territory. Otherwise it is business as usual for them sacrificing a 100 jihadis.
Kakarat
BRF Oldie

Post by Kakarat »

Singha wrote:3 films are in production on the battle of saragarhi where 21 sikh troops led by Ishwar singh fought to the last man against a swarm of 6000-10000 orakzai pathans in a isolated small hill fort. the first of them named Kesari *ing akshay kumar will be out in march. trailers are on youtube.

about the fanciful bits in uri, hollywood also takes its liberties like anything being hacked in seconds in mission impossible, infact every film has people pulling up plans on laptops and hacking in. bourne identity series is realistic? the "housewife" and her golf playing husband are top class double agents not aam aadmi, have existed and will always exist...remember the anupam kher character in baby or the supari killer in Kahaani and vidya balan herself.

the best do not look specced up khan kamandu with airsoft boxmags, but hide in plain sight, just like us.
Kesari is releasing on March 21st, the trailer is out its a must watch
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFP24D15_XM
nrshah
BRFite

Post by nrshah »

Indian Air force strikes Pakistan based terror groups
12 Mirage aircraft were used
Thousand kg bombs dropped
New Source republic

Time to celebrate Jay hind